La Casa Sena
125 East Palace Avenue
Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
La Casa Sena
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lacasasena.com/
- Phone: 5059889232x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Saturday, 11:00 am-3:00 pm
Brunch: Sunday, 11:00 am-3:00 pm
Dinner: Monday-Sunday, 5:00 pm-close
We serve continuously ALL DAY, including an "Early Dinner Menu" between lunch and dinner service (3:00 pm-5:00 pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Patrick Gharrity
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire about our offsite catering options.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer 3 small private dining rooms comfortable for 8-22 guests. We can also accommodate larger parties and private buyouts. Contact Ms. King for full private room, menu details and all your Santa Fe party booking needs.
Juli has successfully organized special events with the Santa Fe Symphony in addition to rehearsal dinners, weddings and a myriad of other special events and private functions
- Private Party Contact: Juli King 5055773891x
- Entertainment: Visit our La Cantina OpenTable page to book reservations for our live entertainment featuring the best of Broadway and Jazz, courtesy of the Cantina Singers
A word from La Casa Sena
La Casa Sena is located in the heart of Old Santa Fe in the historic Sena Plaza. Featuring innovative New American West cuisine, 1000+ selection wine list and a spectacular and inviting outdoor patio. La Casa Sena is one of Santa Fe's most popular restaurants. Patio seating for online reservations must be requested via telephone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
La Casa Sena - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
La Casa Sena reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (116)romantic (65)fit for foodies (58)special occasion (52)great for lunch (47)notable wine list (47)neighborhood gem (38)great for brunch (25)good for groups (21)scenic view (20)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- BrunchgellisDined on 8/31/2014Went for brunch. Nice outdoor seating. Eggs on my Eggs Benedict were way overcooked. Actually hard boiled. Service was fair to poor. Always had to ask for drink refills, etc... Way overpriced for the food that we got.
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014Took 10 minutes for waiter to come to our table after we were seated! Steak was overlooked and couldn't find waiter to send it back!!!! Service was extremely slow and dinner was marginal. Terrible experience!!!!!Special Features:
- fabulous foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014menu was wonderful as always. Loved the sweet potato fries and the omelet, but the BLTA(vocado) sandwich stole the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Casa SenaMandMDined on 8/23/2014We have eaten here in the past and wanted to try this place again. We were not disappointed. Had the scallops, and they were cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Great ambience. Food uneven.NatashaDined on 8/23/2014Great appetizer. Corn croquette filled with cheese. Pork tenderloin overcooked. Other diners in my party happier with choices than I was.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014The lunch here was great! I had a starter of tortilla encrusted shrimp with chopped mango sauce, a steak with green chile mashed potatoes and a free birthday dessert of warm chocolate pudding cake, with whip cream and blackberries on top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful and romantic setting !Cathyb115Dined on 8/21/2014Had the pleasure of dining at La Casa Sena and it really is a beautiful outdoor setting .The service was very good and our server Pat,really helped with selections. The manager,Matt ,introduced himself and asked if we were enjoying ourselves . He constantly was walking around,working the tables . Overall it was a very beautiful evening and I would highly recommend it .Special Features:
- Fond memoriesPogoVIPDined on 8/21/2014I have fond memories of the days when this restaurant had not only the best summer outdoor ambience in Santa Fe, but also some of the best food and wine. The ambience is still there, but the latter seems to have given way to tourist volume. In my opinion, the food is adequate, but hardly the gourmet delight it used to be.Special Features:
- Still the best patio in Santa FesantafeDined on 8/21/2014I hadn't visited La Casa Sena in some years. The service was outstanding and the food delicious. Of course, the highlight for this restaurant remains the beautiful patio! Highly recommend. Staff was aware of opera start time and expedited our appetizers/entrees to make sure we got to the show on time.Special Features:
- Charming Santa Fe,reelartistDined on 8/17/2014Probably one of the most charming outdoor courtyard restaurant near the plaza. Their blue corn muffins are the most requested recipe (sometimes you have to ask for them) are memorable. The menu is not large but terrific, especially their green chile hamburger. The restaurant is expensive but well worth it, especially the by the glass wine selections. It's always busy so reservations are helpful. We saw that it was likely to rain so we sat inside, which is very elegant and charming, although the noises level is a bit high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PatioCliveVIPDined on 8/15/2014One of the best patios in town. you can enjoy it without being rushed, and don't fear you need to have a big meal. The atmosphere is ripe for a nice wine and a basket of chips and salsa, but don't forget the food is also very good and well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant outdoor venueLuv2eatDined on 8/15/2014La Casa Sena patio is very pleasant and the food was delicious. We had the special gazpacho which was wonderful, and the enchiladas as well as the bison burger. All was delicious and the atmosphere was quite enjoyableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerTommieBoyDined on 8/11/2014Both my wife and myself had the chicken enchiladas. They were great, contained generous chunks of chicken. Next time we are in town we are sure to come back and order the chicken enchiladas. Very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TonitxTonitxDined on 8/11/2014We dine @ La Casa Sena often, so celebrating my birthday there was an obvious choice location! The lighting on the outdoor patio at sunset is one of the sexiest times to dine. AMBIANCE! You will get perfect lighting for photos followed by romance of the night as the trees are filled with white twinkle lights... Food is always spot on. The singing waiters add a festive vib without becoming kitschy or intrusive. Truly a great oasisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casa Senakundry42VIPDined on 8/9/2014Always reliably very good to excellent. Beautiful garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Precooked Food, Bored WaiterBabsVIPDined on 8/9/2014Beautiful outdoor seating marred by very bored waiter who did not know wine list and wanted to take your order immediately. Caesar salad heavily doused with thick sauce with no garlic notes, no anchovie, and a few tiny slivers of parmesan. Pork entree served slightly cold on a massive bed of sweet potatoes. Hangar steak medium temp and very chewy and slathered with a sweetish sauce. Relleno stuffed with mashed potatoes room temp. Neither entree sauced in a complementary way . Always being encouraged to order though trying to savor a $100+ bottle of wine. Very few wines in $50 category. Tons in the $200+ category. Tourist mentality. Nice meal in January but none of its positives evident in August.Special Features:
- Prettiest setting in Santa FeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014This lovely patio amid an old hacienda has surprisingly good food. The service was slow the night we visited, but we were happy to linger under the large trees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingStephenGDined on 8/8/2014I've eaten at La Casa Sena before and enjoyed it. Unfortunately, this wasn't a good experience. The staff was friendly enough, but our server wasn't very attentive. After we ordered drinks we had a very disappointing appetizer (vegetable sampler). It was supposed to come with the soup of the day which we had to remind our server to bring. After a 45 minute wait our entrees arrived. At that point we were informed that the computer system had gone down and that's why it had taken so long - no updates up to that point and a very absent server. A manager came by and told us there would be an adjustment because of the long wait. That was appreciated, but some updates along the way would have been appreciated.Special Features:
- Long-term favorite fell from graceSarahDined on 8/8/2014I am a resident of Santa Fe and have had many wonderful meals at Casa Sena--special occasions and just dinner out. But Friday August 8th 2014 was a big disappointment. While the waiter was very nice and apparently couldn't control the kitchen production, between our salad course and our entree it was a good 25 minutes. They tried to appease us with slice of cucumber with a cream cheese on top. I ordeted the trout which was dry and not that tasty. They did offer a 10% discount card on a bottle of wine from their wine shop but we don't drink alcohol; had we wanted dessert probably they would have offered a free one. But at that point all we wanted to do was go get gelato at another location. I am saddened--I have had happy memories there.Special Features:
- Nice FindMikeDined on 8/7/2014Excellent food. Creative assembly of my old favorite lamb shank. After a great meal strolled next door for dessert and the wonderful entertainment. Fantastic evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/6/2014Although the outdoor dining area is lovely, we were very disappointed with the food. It is overpriced and at best, mediocre. This restaurant has an excellent venue and apparently good reputation. However, in terms of cuisine, expect to pay over $300 for a party of 4 with wine. This place is kind of like the "Emperor with no Clothes" : the atmosphere and venue are appropriate for a premium pricing level, but what really counts, the food, falls short. In addition, most our meat and fish dishes were overcooked.Special Features:
- August 3, 2014NMFOODIEDined on 8/3/2014La Casa Sena is a long time favorite. The patio was atmosphere was excellent and very busy with a waiting list. We slipped in by reserving a table for two 10 minutes prior to our arrival. Service and food was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunch home run!YogachickletDined on 8/3/2014The courtyard and food at La Casa Sena make an excellent combination. Add Ramon Bermundez's flamenco guitar to the mix…perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Romantic Outdoor DiningNenachanDined on 8/1/2014We picked La Casa Sena because my boyfriend used to work there many, many years ago. We were sat outside next to the fountain. The trees were all strung up with lights and when it got dark it was a very romantic and beautiful spot to dine. I ordered the scallops which were the special. The presentation was great, and it looked delicious. The scallops were cooked perfectly, however, that particular special fell flat on flavor. I was quite disappointed, so much so that I traded my meal with my boyfriend's. His wasn't much better, but not bad. I feel that if we had gotten different meals, we would have enjoyed it more. The cocktails were fantastic. Overall, it was a good experience. You definitely should sit outside if possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerMeemzosDined on 8/1/2014I searched the websites for a restaurant in Santa Fe that would be right for our friends & ourselves to celebrate our 48th anniversary & settled on La Casa Sena. We had been there several years ago but you know how things change in these cities. Well, this was a great experience. The food & wines were excellent the service delightful. If was a wonderful experience that we passed on to others who were visiting. Hopefully they had the same experience. Thank you La Casa Sena.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing; bad decisionGaleVIPDined on 7/29/2014Rated 4.5 stars out of 5 so we took a chance; bad decision. We were seated next to a loud party of 10 even though the restaurant was almost empty. My husband ordered the Caesar salad that came with chili powder in the dressing. The waiter said it wasn't spicy, it was and he couldn't eat it. My husband also ordered the chicken enchilada because the other choices on the menu were limited and disappointing. The enchilada was flat and covered with a burnt chili sauce accompanied by undercooked black beans and gummy Spanish rice. He ended up eating the chicken only. I ordered skirt steak which was undercooked, and it came with raw string beans and a "chili rellano" was stuffed with tasteless mashed potatoes and no sauce. Never again.
- Was expecting much betterGotravelDined on 7/28/2014Positive--Lovely outdoor setting. Recommended by our B&B innkeeper-- very special place. Disappointed for two reasons. The waiter had a little attitude and made inappropriate jakes. The second problem is that one of the sides was awful! I had trouble swallowing just one little bite The server said, something like, you win some you lose some. I really thought the chef should know, so when the manager came by I mentioned it to him when he asked if everything was good. LOTS of restaurants in Santa Fe--no need to go back!Special Features:
- Santa Fe with the starsalwaysthere1VIPDined on 7/26/2014Although the atmosphere in the courtyard under the lights is delightful, the food is not. I could not taste the char in the salmon cause it was covered with a non-appetizing sauce. The wine list is incredibleSpecial Features:
- Dinner at La Casa SenaDine2RideDined on 7/25/2014My online reservation requested to be seated in entertainment area (Catina) yet when we arrived there seemed to be a mix up and ultimately ended up sitting outside. Service was a bit slow initially. Took a little too long in my opinion to at least get our drink order in. The food was excellent I must say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointmentyummygoodDined on 7/25/2014When you have to argue with the hostess about seating you in the direct sun, burning up and the bar lady that club soda is not tonic, the night was ruined.We ate early to attend the opera and almost every table was open. Fortunately, the waiter, Shawn, graciously moved us out of the sun and agreed that the club soda I was served twice was not tonic. After coming to La Casa twice in the past years, we will not return. K, J, and E from Texas.
- Great if you are not a vegetarianthorntonDined on 7/23/2014Everyone enjoyed their meals, but I am a vegitarian. For me they gave me chicken in my meal two times before getting it right. I am a vegitarian because I don't like that a animal has to dye and now I had two meals thrown away with meat in it. They did try and make things right for me but is was hard on me because I was with other people and I don't like to make a seen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dining experience.PSDonnaDined on 7/23/2014Beautiful historic setting. Fantastic ambience and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning patioMeatloafVIPDined on 7/20/2014The patio is what brings me to this restaurant. The food is good and the menu is unique. The margaritas are great and they have a wide variety to choose from. Again, the patio is absolutely stunning. The flowers and trees are lush. It isn't exactly a manicured patio but it feels very natural and more like what you would recall from your grandmother's yard. That's what it reminds me of and that is why I go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent chile relenosskidocVIPDined on 7/18/2014Had breakfast in the outdoor courtyard on a Friday morning. The ambiance was great. The service was friendly and prompt. The cornbread muffins were terrific. Chile relenos was excellent. Classic presentation. The gazpacho was interesting but not for everyone. The cheeseburger was fantastic. The green chille sauce made the dish. Would recommend highly.Special Features:
- Great service, steak was bad choiceWillitoDined on 7/17/2014The only disappointment was the steak special. The Ribeye special sounded good when my server described it so went with it. It arrived cold and was very fibrous and flavorless. I can grill a better ribeye at home any day of the week. My daughter had the salmon and it was very good. I enjoyed the carrot sorbet, but my daughter didn't so we also ordered the lemon creme brulee for her and she was happy. The service could not have been better. Our server was super nice and totally on top of things. I let them know the steak wasn't great and they made things right when the bill came.Special Features:
- DinnerGolfboy22Dined on 7/16/2014We have not been in Santa Fe in 10 yrs,we use to go to Casa Sena all the time the visit back was great they seated us outside but it began to rain moved inside to a cosy room great service the food was great we enjoyedSpecial Features:
- Fantastic Late Lunch at Casa SenaBonVivantTraineeDined on 7/13/2014We had a late lunch at Casa Sena, where we'd had lunch before outside in the courtyard, but this time we sat inside due to unsettled weather. A lovely room, fantastic service and as always, great food. Wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Lack-luster experienceSantaFevisitorDined on 7/12/2014We were not advised of the specials, which would have been what we 'd have ordered. When the manager came around we mentioned that, but he made no effort to make any accommodation other than offering sympathy. The halibut and pork loin we did get was flavorless and over-cooked. We had hoped to listen to the advertised Motown music performances, but by 8:15 the 8:00 show hadn't begun. We left and went to a different restaurant for dessert. This was a disappointing experience.Special Features:
- shopster10Dined on 7/11/2014We enjoyed the Motown show! The food was wonderful and the service great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoanneVIPDined on 7/11/2014Best patio in Santa Fe. My mussels were pretty average this time. Could have used more seasoning in the sauce. Lunch is usually better here than dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.