La Casa De Pedro
343 Arsenal St.
Watertown, MA 02472Neighborhood:
South AmericanPrice: $30 and under
La Casa De Pedro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://lacasadepedrolatincuisine.com/
- Phone: (617) 923-8025
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pn, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, South American
- Executive Chef: Pedro Alarcon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: A great semi-private room available for your best convenience, weddings, birthday party or any event.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 6179238025
- Entertainment: Live music on Friday and Saturday
A word from La Casa De Pedro
Come experience a true taste of Venezuelan hospitality and fine Spanish cuisine in Watertown, MA, just minutes from downtown Boston and Cambridge. Sip a Passion Fruit Mojito or one of Pedro"s Specialty Margaritas while dining on our beautiful outdoor patio. Savor Venezuelan specialties like Pabellón Criollo, Camarones al Ajillo, Paella and other lovingly created Latin American dishes. Pedro's restaurant offers semiprivate dining for large groups and functions such as business meetings, private parties, wedding receptions, anniversaries and other celebrations. Share delicious, traditionally prepared Latin American food and drinks and create warm memories with friends and family… Join us in celebrating life, love and friendship amid the upbeat tempo and tropical color of Pedro's "casa" at The Arsenal on the Charles in Watertown.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
La Casa De Pedro - Best Restaurants in Watertown ›
La Casa De Pedro reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (49)fit for foodies (45)great for outdoor dining (40)neighborhood gem (39)vibrant bar scene (28)special occasion (26)romantic (21)hot spot (20)great for lunch (18)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (12)great for brunch (9)notable wine list (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great food and attentive serviceDiningOut12VIPDined on 11/22/2014Casa de Pedro boasts a great menu -- fried calamari appetizer was especially good. The servers are all very attentive and helpful. The ambiance is a little on the loud side. It seems like prices have risen since the last time we ate there. I'm not sure it offers as good a value as it used to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accommodated my special requestsExperiencedDinerDined on 11/21/2014I showed up 30 minutes before my reservation and was given a table with more lighting and less noise so I could read while leisurely consuming two tapas and a salad. While the cheese in dough appetizer could have been warmer, the green salad and mango ceviche appetizer were excellent. My waiter patiently allowed me to take my time and I was able to depart approximately two hours after arriving, having finished my light meal and the day's newspaper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & atmosphere, great Margarita, low noiseHarvardSquarianDined on 11/20/2014This was our first time at Casa de Pedro… a little hard to find by definitely worth finding. Friendly staff, nice decor, delicious Margaritas! Surprisingly little noise for a spacious restaurant with many other diners. Everybody got something good to eat. Our waitress was very helpful about nacho appetizer… because one diner was vegetarian, she suggested putting meat and beans on a separate plate. Despite this change, the nachos looked and tasted great. This restaurant is a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlexDined on 11/15/2014The food at Casa de Pedro is always amazing! Fantastic portions and very tasty! It's one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fun at Pedro's houseOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/2/2014Took my wife there for a surprise birthday brunch with her family and Pedro's did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location Location LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/30/2014Hard to find, but once there very nice, pretty ambiance, good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!PandBDined on 10/25/2014I am a big fan of this restaurant. I come here often for lunch and dinner. It never fails to please me. The ambience is beautiful and a delight for the senses, the service is excellent, the food is delicious, and the prices are reasonable. I recommend La Casa De Pedro to all my friends and it never disappoints!Special Features:
- tapas and tequila selectionPartnersDined on 10/25/2014Great place for dining before or after the theater, right next door. We were asked if we had tickets as we were being seated, and our excellent server made sure our meal was well-timed for our plans. The tequila flight option allowed us to try a few new ones, and the Venezuelan menu offered both familiar and interesting new options. The extensive Tapas selection was a fun way for our small group to try a number of dishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vibe, great food and drinkSkinnyFoodieDined on 10/24/2014This restaurant has soul. One time dining we met Pedro who owns the place, and what a wonderful man! You really have the feeling that there's a lot of love put into the food, the staff is a very nice friendly and pleasant, and with live salsa music on Friday and Saturday how can you go wrong? If you like "Mexican food" this would be the best version you can imagine. I have an experienced palette, and I never eat calories that aren't worth it. These plantains and fried yucca are worth it, as is all the rest!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-theater dininglouieDined on 10/18/2014This restaurant is located right next to the New Rep Theater in Watertown, so it is a perfect place for a pre-theater dinner with friends. Parking is free and there is plenty of it. Service was prompt, and they paid attention to the fact that we wanted to make an 8pm curtain time. We were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was delicious!82muchVIPDined on 10/17/2014I didn't know what to expect - loved it. Fish Tacos were delicious, coconut margarita excellent, husband's lamp chops TO DIE FOR good. Other couple we were with split the Paella and loved it. Feel they should give you chips and salsa for free at table if you're ordering dinner. Loud when the band is playing - was glad we were sitting in the back away from music otherwise wouldn't be able to talk. Bartender was rude to me but hostess and our server were both great. We will go back.Special Features:
- good service nice atmosphereampmDined on 10/16/2014Enjoyed the meal and the location was perfect for the theater next door. Would have liked a little more spice in the dishes but overall a great experience. Waiter was very accommodating to our needs for quicker service due to the start time of the show we were attending. Would recommend this to anyone interested in South American food. Margarita's were GREAT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cakiDined on 10/16/2014Always a good experience from wait staff to scrumptious food. Festive atmosphere.Special Features:
- excellentsteveVIPDined on 10/10/2014Great service, food and drinks. Must try the coconut margarita. Live Band. Will deff go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect outdoor eveningMimigraceDined on 9/27/2014Eight members of the extended family, including 2 kids, enjoyed a perfect birthday celebration outdoors on a spectacular evening weather-wise. Wonderful food, but tapas and ordering individual meals was much too filling. The service was excellent. The kids were thrilled to run around on the adjacent lawn while the adults were finishing up.Special Features:
- Restaurante Going down the hillNickDined on 9/27/2014This place usted to offer great good but not anymore . Al thougth,service was good the food was dissapointing fried plantain was frozen rice uncoked and meet salty ( parrillada caraquena)i dont think i would be back there.Buy the way host was very unpleasant and rude.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food!!! Great Service!!!JetSkiDined on 9/27/2014I went here for lunch on a Saturday afternoon with a friend I hadn't seen in a while. We were promptly greeted by our waitress and told her we needed a few minutes before ordering a drink. She came back after a few minutes and took our drink order and asked if we wanted any appetizers. We hadn't even looked at the menu yet so we told her not yet. When our drinks arrived we were again asked about an order and because we were so busy chatting we still weren't ready. We came up with the idea of placing the candle from the table close to the edge as a signal for when we were ready to order. This way our waitress didn't have to waste her time coming over every few minutes and we could catch up. She was very accomodating to this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely restaurant, very good foodDfromNewtonVIPDined on 9/26/2014We found this on open table. We sat outside, which was beautiful but a little chilly. We chose that because the noise level of the live salsa band inside made talking impossible. Depends on what you are looking for! The good was very tasty and the service was excellent. Three of us ordered chicken soup to start, and they accidentally brought four and gave it to our fourth person for free. It was yummy! We all liked our food, but I will say that the food on the neighboring tables looked even better, so we will have to go back.Special Features:
- A gem in WatertownabelDined on 9/20/2014Great restaurant. Food is consistently good. Good selection of reasonably priced wine. And terrific ambience.Special Features:
- Love Latin American FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/19/2014A very nice find in the Arsemal. This goes on our keeper list. While the food was very good the service was outstanding. Plus they had an interesting, not great, wine list with plenty from Chile and ArgentinaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had wonderful brunchGuitars1Dined on 9/14/2014Had a wonderful brunch here with friends - really interesting and excellent, delicious food. We will be sure to take other friends here. Also, our server was really good.Special Features:
- A dash of saltMichalsheliDined on 9/13/2014A dash of salt would have sufficed but we found that most of the food was over salted and we weren't able to eat our meal. It's a pretty place. A little too noisy for conversation. Maybe better at lunch.
- Excellent as alwaysLeeleeDined on 9/12/2014We have followed Pedro from his quaint neighborhood restaurant to his beautiful and vibrant new location. Food is fresh and amazing every time and love the live Latin music on the weekends ! So much fun !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchOccasionalnightoutDined on 9/12/2014We had a great lunch, it was a special occasion. 1 annoying thing, they have margaritas ranging in price from $8.50 to $25 each. Then they have a list of "specialty drinks" that don't have prices listed. I might have ordered 1, but where they were "specialty" I assumed they were even more $$$ than the $25 margarita and would like to know the price before ordering, without having to ask. Also, we had lunch at 1pm and they were already out of 4 of the lunch items. Food & atmosphere were great, so I'd def. go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerBarbaraWVIPDined on 9/11/20143 of us dined here, and we all liked our food. We were attending a play and a little rushed, and the waiter was very accommodating. I really liked the white sangria.Special Features:
- Great Birthday DinnerTGandDGVIPDined on 9/7/2014As usual, we had a great birthday dinner. Service was tops as was the food. Keep it up Pedro!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More salt than the Dead SeaLikeEatingandNotPickyDined on 9/6/2014Short story: Both dishes we ordered were over salted well past the point of inedibility. Won't be going back.Special Features:
- Mi casa es tu CasaTavoDined on 8/29/2014The restaurant decoration with so many plants takes you to warm tropical places, so atmosphere is inviting. Service and food were above par and it doesn't hurt that you can catch a play next door at the Arsenal Center for the Arts with an earlish dinner or listen to live Salsa music Fridays and Saturdays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrinichapDined on 8/15/2014Coconut margarita is the best I have had. And the same goes for the short ribs. Truly a superb dining experience.Special Features:
- Lovely patioMouseChowVIPDined on 8/14/2014Case de Pedro is the perfect summertime dinner spot. Great food and refreshing summery drinks on the patio. Good times.Special Features:
- Pleasant but not greatLoveInterestingFoodDined on 8/8/2014Unfortunately I had the pork tenderloin medallions and I thought the sauce had no flavor and the meat might have been sitting around awhile based on the meat consistency. The side dishes tasted good although this restaurant is a bit light on healthy vegetables. (Plantains, potatoes, and rice were on the plate with the pork). The other people I was with liked their meals and I was very happy they were able to seat us outside on a beautiful summer night. I have eaten at Pedro's before and remember liking it better but it has been a year or two.
- Good food, lousy attitudeHonestDinerVIPDined on 8/7/2014I've been to Casa de Pedro several times. It's honest Venezuelan fare, a bit adjusted to the taste (and ingredients) of New England, but not too far off the original, even according to my Venezuelan friends. So if you are looking for something authentic, or something different, Casa de Pedro may be for you. Beware, however, of service. It starts before you even get there. You must reserve with a credit card. You have a 15 minute grace period for your reservation. Incomplete parties won't be seated. (And if your 15-minutes expire and 1 guest is late, sorry, bye!) Dine in max 2 hours. Waiter have the "make choice, eat fast and begone!" attitude and may occasionally put their finger(s) in your plate while serving. (It happened to us, twice.)
- Delicious FoodEkerVIPDined on 8/2/2014The tapas was amazing and 6 dishes was more than enough for 3 people. The restaurant was definitely understaffed, but the food made up for it. Unfortunately we had to wait at least 10 minutes from being seated until talking to a waiter.Special Features:
- The following 434 reviews are from the La Casa De Pedro reviews archive.
- GREAT AS ALWAYSEXOTICUSDined on 7/18/2014ONE OF THE BEST PLACE TO EAT WITH GOOD MUSIC AND GREAT AMBIANCE. ALSO A PLACE TO DANCE ON WEEKENDS.Special Features:
- Best outside dining, but....MimiDined on 7/11/2014When you make a reservation at Casa de Pedro, they are ready for you when you get there... with your table inside. Reservations can not be made for outside seating. Outside seating is always first come first serve. That isn't stated when one makes a reservation, so we were very surprised. Because one of the reasons I go to Casa de Pedro is to eat outside when the weather is nice. So we put our name in the queue and waited till an outside table was available. Waited maybe 25 minutes.Special Features:
- Great for visiting with friendsGuitars1Dined on 6/28/2014We've been here before with friends, and every time its been really good - this time, we sat outdoors on the patio, and it was very pleasant and comfortable and the food was great, even better than usual.Special Features:
- oldcootdinerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014We are return customers to La Casa De Pedro. We have never been disappointed. The Food has been consistently great, with ample portions an attractive presentation. The service has been good with just the right level attention paid to customers. We often introduce friends to this gem of a restaurant. We have always been made to feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritestallenDined on 6/22/2014We stumbled upon La Casa de Pedro 2 years ago while visiting family in the area. We love everything about it - great atmosphere, great service, and the food and drink is wonderful. I feel like I am on vacation eating the best local cuisine every time we are there. We live 3 hours away and have gone back as often as we can. I can't think of another place we would go to that much trouble to visit. Personal favorites: Venezuelan brunch and Pedros mojito. But everything is delicious.Special Features:
- GREAT PLACEEXOTICUSDined on 6/21/2014THE FOOD IS VERY GOOD. EVEN THE MUSIC THEY HAVE ON WEEKENDS FOR DANCE IS GREAT. FUN PLACE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love stopping in to see PedroArtwhirlDined on 6/20/2014Pedro is often mingling wanting to see and hear what patrons have to say - I love that! The mahi-mahi I had was superb. I tried my friend's taro root and plantains- both excellent. The empanadas are a fun change. Eager to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.