La Casa De Isaac & Moishe
2014 1st Street
Highland Park, IL 60035Neighborhood:
Traditional MexicanPrice: $30 and under
La Casa De Isaac & Moishe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.isaacandmoisherestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8474337400
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday to Thursday 7:00 am to 10:00 pm
Friday 7:00 am to 3:00 pm
Saturday Sundown to 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Traditional Mexican, Regional Mexican
- Executive Chef: Isaac Nava
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact us at: (847) 433-7400 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Contact: Isaac Nava 8474337400
- Special Events: We will gladly host any party up to 150 people
A word from La Casa De Isaac & Moishe
La Casa de Isaac and Moishe’s Restaurant is the second Mexican restaurant established in Highland Park by the Nava family from Huitzuco, Guerrero, Mexico. As family owned and operated establishments, the Nava family has brought some unique Mexican dishes to Chicago’s North Shore. Isaac’s Mother’s Favorite Enchiladas – a recipe developed by their mother, Florencia – continues to be a customer favorite. New specialty items are added continually with an emphasis on local favorites from their home region. The Nava family maintains a strong commitment and loyalty to the community by offering unique Mexican dishes with excellent service. They appreciate the support and patronage of their customers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Casa De Isaac & Moishe reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)great for lunch (8)fit for foodies (7)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (5)special occasion (3)romantic (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2014We have found a great new place in town with great food ad good service. there are no negatives.Special Features:
- Innovative & DeliciousAndreaDined on 6/25/2014Really loved our food at this Mexican restaurant. They had many of the classics but also updated innovative versions which we loved. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/23/2014Great margaritas. Salsa and chips and chicken mole were good. Flan was disappointing, not at at typical Mexican with caramel sauce. Wait staff were not knowledgable about menu (food or bar). Wait staff were also not attentive and we had to ask for dessert.
- Great restaurantChiefWoodmanDined on 6/23/2014I have eaten at this restaurant several times always get a good meal the duck enchiladas were spectacular the mahi was also delicious highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AvisVIPDined on 6/22/2014You know you picked the right place when the chips are fresh and crisp, and the salsa is one of the best you've ever had. It's medium thick yet smooth, and packs a little punch. The menu is made up of pretty standard selections, but the food is well prepared and very tasty. They're also accommodating when asked to make items vegetarian friendly. There are plenty of good beverage options too. The only caveat - make sure, if you're meeting people, you specify which La Casa de Isaac since there are 2, and both are listed as being located in Highland Park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous dining experiencebeeziesDined on 6/15/2014Great service. Water glasses and coffee cups remainrd full due to the great wait staff. So friendly. So upbeat. Waiter david was outstanding. Food was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrinkaVIPDined on 5/29/2014Food unique and excellent as always. Love the live music and the friendly staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrinkaVIPDined on 5/25/2014One of our favorite restaurants! Good food and festive neighborhood atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 172 reviews are from the La Casa De Isaac & Moishe reviews archive.
- Unexpected FindturtlzDined on 5/17/2014We had a late meeting in Highland Park and were looking for something fun to do before hand. The food and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Just Mexican Food for BreakfastgoodeaterDined on 5/11/2014The breakfasts are great and very reasonably priced. It's not crowded and the Mexican coffee is fantastic.Special Features:
- eagle2000VIPDined on 5/6/2014Always delicious food and a vibrant dining room that is very welcoming and puts you in the mood for delicious Mexican cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cinco de MayoSuszapVIPDined on 5/5/2014My husband and I went this past Monday, which happened to be both our anniversary and Cinci de Mayo, because we had a groupon that was expiring soon. The place was hopping! We always enjoy the fresh food and friendly service, our waiter seemed a bit over whelmed, but he was handeling 12 tables at my count. Still he was friendly and pleasant and we received the food we ordered in a reasonable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2014When the taste buds say Mexican, this is a definite Go To place. Do check out Mother's Favorites, particularly the duck (yup, Duck) entries. Really tasty!Special Features:
- Easter Brunchnotnd9Dined on 4/20/2014We had a great family brunch at La Casa De Isaac & Moishe! Love their breakfasts and prices too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality and flavorjodybirnbaumDined on 4/19/2014The food is made with great ingredients and put together in a lighter version than most. Wonderful flavors and unusual presentations make this a standout for Mexican Food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice variety to tradition MexicanWineloverDined on 3/22/2014We love this restaurant! Our second time there. They are very creative in their food pairings and we love that you can try something new every time you go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodMwshore58Dined on 3/8/2014Service was wonderful. Much better than the last time we dined here. Glad we gave it another shot. Food was decent. Have tried all fish taco versions now and they are all dry. Order anything else.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and vibe was great. MargaritasOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/1/2014Food and vibe was great. Margaritas are fantastic.Special Features:
- Excellent choiceLovebobbysDined on 2/22/2014I thoroughly enjoyed everything we ordered. The food was very flavorful and fresh. The portions quite generous. The drinks very good, not too strong, not too weak.Special Features:
- Better than the Highwood locationAvisVIPDined on 2/15/2014We were a party of 4; 3 of us really like this place while 1 (me) thinks it's very mediocre, so I'm reviewing it based on the average of us four. The complimentary chips are fine, as is the salsa - nothing to write home about but certainly a good way to start while you browse the menu. The guacamole is fair at best. Just about all the tortills are flour (ugh) and the only mole that seems to be available is more like a tomatillo. Lastly, the margaritas were just way too sweet for my taste but my dining companions liked them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A second spot for Mama's EnchiladasghollanderDined on 2/15/2014Located in a location that has housed a series of less-than-successful Mexican restaurants, one might wonder what possessed Isaac and Moishe to put their restaurant here. But I think they actually pulled it off--they've been open here for a couple years now, so clearly they're doing something right. We treat this restaurant as an alternative to the the duo's Casa de Isaac nearby in Highwood which got a tremendously positive critical response when it first opened several years ago now. Casa de Isaac & Moishe features many of the same dishes, most notably Mama's Enchiladas and duck tacos (yum). Note that the owners observe the Jewish Sabbath and are closed Friday night through early Saturday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunch placemikeyVIPDined on 2/9/2014Nice to have traditional American brunch options, PLUS Mexican favorites, PLUS alcoholic drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great un-rushed mealMacMentorDined on 2/8/2014Met some friends for dinner, loved that we were not rushed, even though the restaurant was bustling. Everyone loved the food, two of us had the Ahi Tuna tacos...highly recommend, the other two had steak fajitas and a veggie burrito, both to rave reviews.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always awesomeMischaVIPDined on 2/8/2014Isaac makes dinner a breeze with great, knowledgable staff, patient yet attentive service and rock solid authentic Mexican food, down to his Mama's enchiladas (always a favorite). Love eating here.Special Features:
- This was a great experience.BeckyDined on 2/8/2014This was a great experience. I had been there for a private demo event and had been wanting to go back with my husband. There were 4 of us; we all ordered different items and everyone loved what they had. Highly recommend Mamma's suggestions, you cannot go wrong. We had a nice booth and had no problem holding a conversation. Will definitely be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another mediocre Mexican jointJoleeVIPDined on 1/29/2014We dine out frequently. Several times per month we choose Mexican. We have tried two locations with this name in the area (Highwood & Highland Park). We were not overwhelmed by either location. Our meal was not terrible just nothing to rant about or find a reason to "have to" return. Like many Mexican restaurants the food was over salted-(one of the nightly features recommended by server). The tacos were just ok, very hard to eat and tortilla's crumbled so I ended up eating my 3 taco entree with a fork. There was a fast food hot dog/taco place down the street that we enjoyed more for over 300% less $$ for the tacos. The area has many quality restaurants, no need to visit La Casa De Isaac. BTW- the server and the guacamole were great!
- Food was excellent and servicegoodmealsVIPDined on 1/24/2014Food was excellent and service was wonderful. Our waiter did a great job of describing things and making suggestions. Everything was delicious!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gourmet mexicanHgr1000VIPDined on 1/19/2014Best mexican food and for that matter, great gourmet food period. Good helpings, prices service and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Viva la casamarvDined on 1/16/2014An excellent restaurant for anyone looking for really good Mexican food. And much quieter than its sister restaurant in Highwood.Special Features:
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/4/2014Have been to highwood, this one is the same plus better! More parking seating and so many attendants to our table. Very efficient, thoroughly explained the favorite items on menu.Special Features:
- Great choice!SuzanneDined on 12/9/2013La Casa was a great choice for our Girls' Night Out. The service was exceptional and we were treated with lots of attention. There is a wide variety of options on the menu and although some selections sound like the typical Mexican flare, those entrees were beyond the norm and very well-prepared. If you like Mexican and want high quality this is the place. Amazing just-made guacamole.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great choice for lunchPaulGH2ODined on 12/5/2013I brought a friend here who wanted a great Mexican meal and, as usual, La Casa delivered... He ordered the fajitas and loved them while I ordered Mama's enchiladas which were very good too. We finished it off sharing a Tres Leches cake that was more than we could finish! We'll both be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prefer Highwood, but good HP loc.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2013I booked this location on accident. The Highwood location is right down the street from my house. This location has the same good food, but I prefer the Highwood location. This one feels like it's in a strip mall. The advantage is that there is a lot more seating and parking. All in all, great food and margaritas, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is really the mainOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/23/2013The food is really the main reason to come here. They do an excellent red snapper Veracruzana.Special Features:
- A great neighborhood find.theromanmanDined on 11/10/2013It has all that a restaurant should have. Attentive staff, good food, and the price is right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMwshore58Dined on 11/2/2013Finally a great Mexican restaurant in the suburbs! Been trying to go to this restaurant for a long time, but it's not always easy to get in. Was able to finally try it out. It lived up to everything everyone has said about it. Fantastic food, great service and fun atmosphere. Definitely a new favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!WineloverDined on 11/2/2013We had an early reservation and were seated right away. The service throughout was excellent. The guacamole was very good and had a unique flavor. Everything we ordered was well presented and the food was very good. By the time we left the place was packed and hoppin'!Special Features:
- Great neighborhood MexicanAmy1VIPDined on 10/20/2013Perfect meal for family of 4 that love Mecican. They serve the classics as well as wonderful specials. Fresh ingredients and great taste. Reataurant clean and cozy. Did not have wine, but noticed they had a wine bar with a nice selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wrong restaurant, great mealJanPDined on 10/12/2013We actually went to their other restaurant in Highwood ( by mistake - I'd intended to reserve the one where we ate) they were very accomodating and seated us promptly. Food was very good, quantity almost excessive. My husband thought his Margarita was too frothy. We would definitely return for another dinner (or lunch!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Mexican restaurantPJC18VIPDined on 9/23/2013Menu has many choices. Authentic dishes which are very tasty and a few special creations from the owners family recipes. Try Mama's favorite enchiladas. Staff is very friendly and the service is excellent. Authentically decorated as a Mexican restaurant with convenient free parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.