La Carreta - Bluebonnet
9828 Bluebonnet Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA 70810Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
La Carreta - Bluebonnet
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.carretarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2253039899
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Sergio Rubio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine Bar
A word from La Carreta - Bluebonnet
Experience the rich Mexican culinary traditions of La Carreta - characterized by unforgettable flavors and a vibrant cultural atmosphere!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Carreta - Bluebonnet reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)fit for foodies (1)neighborhood gem (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great food and great pricemgp1981VIPDined on 7/19/2014Great food and price!! The server was gone for long periods of time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 9 reviews are from the La Carreta - Bluebonnet reviews archive.
- 3 hour diningActinupDined on 5/16/2014Upon arrival the reservation that was made for outside on the patio was set up inside and we were told that there would not be a table available on the patio because they were so busy. After explaining that we had made the reservation a week ago he looked it up and sure enough it was made for the patio! We were seated outside about 15 min after our scheduled reservation... About 20 min go by and we still have not seen a server! After complaining to the hostess a server came over and took our drink and food orders.... About 45 min later MOST of the table got their food. The rest had to be taken home because every one was done eating. The manager did come over and take 50% off the bill but was very snippy as though this was my fault!
- Mother's Day cravingcaliluv05Dined on 5/11/2014We celebrated Mother's Day this visit. Our server was nice. Our food was great. My 5 year old is picky but she even ate all her food. Thats all a mother could ask. Nice dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night out with friendsyummyinBRDined on 5/10/2014We booked reservations for a large group- 17, and they were very accommodating. When there was a mix-up because of reservations for someone with the same name, they quickly put together tables to seat us quickly. Many members of our party didn't realize there were any issues. The food was good as always, and it was a fun atmosphere with good service.Special Features:
- disappointedlove2eatoutDined on 2/14/2014Server was not very attentive, walked away several times without waiting to see if we needed anything. We have to ask for plates for our appetizers, remind him of our drink orders for he forgot to bring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, not the best servicegreatxperienceDined on 2/14/2014although the service wasn't great and the tables were so close together I had to push people's chairs out of my way to walk, the food was absolutely amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okLady77Dined on 2/8/2014I made reservations.... But when we got there they weren't ready to accommodate us. Chips and salsa were average. The location on government has better drinks. Waiter was pleasant but took a long time to take order. Just an ok experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food good timemgp1981VIPDined on 2/8/2014The food is always exceptional. I do wish the waiters were more diligent. Overall we had a great time. They sang to my son Happy birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun time for restaurant weekmgp1981VIPDined on 1/17/2014I like the food and menu for restaurant week. The food was plentiful and tasty and our server was much better than last time. Unfortunately, when you make requests in open table, I don't feel the restaurant reads them or knows how. They didn't follow either request and they are the only ones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday not so happymgp1981VIPDined on 12/14/2013I went for my bday. I booked the restaurant a month prior we were to have side room to find out someone else had set up in there when we arrived. It took forever to take our order and forever to get our bills. In the middle we had okay service with drinks, but disappointingly no one sang me happy birthday. One of my friends went to smoke when we ordered and never got to order food as well. It was not a happy birthdy for me.