125 East Palace Avenue
Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lacasasena.com/
- Phone: 5059889232x
- Hours of Operation:
WINTER HOURS: Dinner Monday-Sunday, 5:30 pm-close,
Sunday Brunch: 11:30 am-1:30 pm featuring local Santa Fe jazz talent
SUMMER HOURS: Dinner Monday-Sunday 5:30 pm-close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Patrick Gharrity
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please inquire about our offsite catering options.
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate large parties and occasional private buyouts with or without live entertainment. Contact Ms. King for full private room, menu details and all your Santa Fe party booking needs.
Juli has successfully special events with the Santa Fe Symphony in addition to weddings, rehearsal dinners and a myriad of other special events and private functions
- Private Party Contact: Juli King 5055773891x
- Entertainment: Hear the best of Broadway and Jazz courtesy of local talents, The Cantina Singers. Please inquire about performances by special guests and other local talents.
A word from La Cantina
Come enjoy our fine New American West cuisine paired with local talents, The Cantina Singers, performing the best of Broadway and Jazz nightly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Cantina reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (9)romantic (7)neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (6)fit for foodies (6)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Dinner and a showGregNealVIPDined on 8/28/2014Great menu with a little bit of everything. Wonderful wine list with every glass being $10 which is a great deal if you select right! As good as the food and wine are, you really come for the entertainment. Fabulous server/singers who will not only exceed your dining expectations, but entertain you with fabulous broadway and standard tunes!!! If you want a quiet dinner, go next door to the main restaurant. If you want to have fun and leave with a full tummy and huge smile, dine at La Cantina!Special Features:
- Rushed DiningAlfietooDined on 8/23/2014La Cantina is a Santa Fe favorite and will probably always be. On this visit however, my companion and I felt a bit rushed by our server. I will chalk it up to being an 8:15 PM reservation on Saturday night of Indian Market week, probably the busiest weekend of the year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you Love live music...VikingDined on 8/15/2014We visit this fine restaurant several times a year...and every time we have visitors that love music. The Wait Staff is attentive, friendly, and they each perform wonderful songs that cross the musical spectrum. The piano accompaniment is superb and by itself would be worth the visit, but with the singing added in, it makes for an absolutely unmatched evening dining experience.Special Features:
- If Live Music is your thing...VikingDined on 8/9/2014This is a great restaurant, but it is all about music, music, music. If live music is what you crave, enjoy, and treasure, you have to come. The wait staff are wonderful singers, they work with a wonderfully talented and supportive pianist and the combination will make your evening something special and a memory that you visit often for a smile.Special Features:
- Great as always!DonVanDined on 8/4/2014We've been coming to La Cantina Casa Sena since the 80's. Every time we are in New Mexico, we make a special stop in Santa Fe to have dinner here. Food is good, singing is fantastic! We love it!!Special Features:
- Great entertainmentPlasmamanVIPDined on 8/2/2014Let's face it, there aren't many places in the world that have very talented singing waitstaff. Each waiter and waitress sings operettas, musical tunes, and common show tunes. The menu is fairly diverse with local flavors. We were disappointed with the breaded calamari, which we found to be overcooked (fried). The pork tenderloin was excellent.Special Features:
- Fabulous!FoodjunkieDined on 7/31/2014My husband and I have eaten at The Cantina numerous times and always enjoy the food and the entertainment! I rated the noise level high only because of the fantastic voices of the servers when they sing. Great place for any celebration or just a great night out for dinner. Lunch is also yummy in their beautiful outdoor seating area. A must for anyone traveling to Santa Fe!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it is all about the musicDanbDined on 7/12/2014Food has always been average but one goes to the cantina for the music. The waiters perform in between servicing tables and voices range from fabulous to above average. Ken & Isabella are wonderful singers with lots of panache. Food is average. We had the fry duo which included tasty sweet potato fries but dull limp regular fries with one dip that tasty like smoky chipotle ketchup. Also shared the veggie and seafood sampler. There were not enough chips for the dip and seafood did not taste fresh. Tasty side salad of edamame chayote salad. The goat cheese corn croquettes were very flavorful. Intimate setting with every table a great view of the musical action. Go for the show and have a snack or dessert.Special Features:
- Singing wait staffMopsDined on 7/12/2014A fun place for dinner and listening to show time music and mo town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best romantic restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/10/2014We had one of the most romantic dinners in a restaurant. The dinner was accompanied by piano throughout and the waiters were singing beautifully. Also the food quality was great and so was the service.Special Features:
- Entertained while diningRoadtripdinerDined on 7/8/2014The wait staff are trained singers, who pepper the evening with all song genres, beautifully. The delicious menu is more gourmet than classic. The ambience is stellar. For a unique dining experience give La Cantina a go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday Night at La CantinaDrMadeleineDined on 6/30/2014What an accomplished performer young Mr. Yusef Severs is! Yusef sang Summertime and we were instantly transported to Broadway musical Porgy and Bess, he sang if I could feel from the Wiz and my mind went in search of Stefanie Mills as Dorothy. Todd on the piano had such a good time playing for the joy of it from his repertoire of 5000 songs and playing any request you may have. Isabella sang beautifully and explained to us who the true mother Mary was in the Beatle’s Let it be.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/13/2014Food meciocre. Sat us at worst table and we had to move. Talent quite disappointing.
- The following 240 reviews are from the La Cantina reviews archive.
- Lot's of funOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2014La Cantina was a great find. There were plenty of different types of dishes to choose from. The chocolate dessert was amazing. But best of all were the talented, energetic and accommodating wait staff. Their performances were awesome. And the piano player was great. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for a nice fun, casual evening.Special Features:
- Most musically talented waitstaffPlasmamanVIPDined on 4/15/2014This piano bar is affiliate with the famous La Casa Sena, which has excellent food paired with one of the best wine lists in the state. What makes this place shine is your waitstaff double as the singers who accompany the pianist throughout the night. They begin performing early evening an finish around 9 on most nights. They are not run-of-the-mill "cruise ship" singers, but exhibit exceptional talent across a wide range of musical genre. The service is excellent and good is commendable as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, fun place to eat.DBABQVIPDined on 4/14/2014The staff not only take care of your dining wants and needs but also provide periodic entertainment throughout the evening. Been here a few times and always enjoy what I order, will be back again no doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If the Food Isn't GoodSWDinerDined on 4/4/2014This restaurant was a true disappointment. I like to start with an appetizer and based on that experience I will then go on to order an entree. Well I wanted something light and fresh so I ordered the Vegetable Sampler. When it arrived the lights were quite low as there was a singer onstage but from what I could see, the dish was colorless and the food tasted like day old leftovers--dry and pasty. Needless to say I did not order an entree that night. Honestly there are so many better places to have a fine dining experience in Santa Fe.
- go for the music tooDanbDined on 3/28/2014La Cantina is a favorite of mine for music. The waiters sing between serving and it is always a fun evening. Frequently there are special shows featuring other singing artists. It is an entire experience in an intimate setting. Every seat is good, the ambience is wonderful and the food is a treat. I went for an evening show of "torch songs" so I ordered the cheese plate and the warm chocolate pudding cake. The cheese plate was a nice assortment of 3 cheeses as well as quince paste, figs and marcona alonds. The warm Chocolate pudding cake was very moist and gooey with a thick helping of pistachio whip creme.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some enchanted eveningpeterstorandtDined on 3/23/2014La Cantina offers live music every day of the year, so your meal is accompanied by entertaining servers who sing and other musicians. We went to hear a friend's review of songs from Lena Horne's repertoire, supported by a piano trio. Several servers sang later in the evening. We enjoyed a couple of appetizers, glasses of wine, and a modest entrée along with the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I went with a friend of mineChicagoDined on 3/23/2014I went with a friend of mine to hear a singer perform Lena Horne songs. She was a lovely lady, but sadly not a very good singer. If La Cantina is going to charge $25/head for a performer, they should vet her first. I don't think it is right for you to be charged if the singer is not of good caliber. I was expecting more and it didn't deliver. It was also annoying as we were sat next to an emergency room door that people kept going in and out of. Our table was knocked several times, spilling our drinks and then the food took forever coming out of the kitchen. Sorry for the bad review...but, we were not happy.
- Food and tunes!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/15/2014As far as ambiance goes, La Cantina has to be one of the best places in Santa Fe. What could be better than being serenated by talented singers as you sip on a delicious drink? The piano player is also amazing. The food was good, but not the highlight of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FUN meal while attending theOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/3/2014FUN meal while attending the musical that the waiters perform.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Cantina - Always a gem!AbqRicDined on 12/26/2013The Cantina at Casa Sena is always pure charm mixed with great food and delicious entertainment! Alway fun, always tasty, always welcoming! Just sit back and enjoy!Special Features:
- Loved it!SlowasMolassesDined on 12/26/2013We ate here while visiting Santa Fe. We weren't quite sure what to expect and were a bit concerned that it would be difficult to talk due to noise. However, it was perfect. The servers took turns singing in the middle of the room - all great songs and show tunes that everyone at our table knew (ages from 30s to 80s). During our dinner, we probably heard 10 songs - over about 2 hours. So there were breaks between each song to allow us to chat, etc. Food was also great - everyone really enjoyed their meals and the wine list was very good. The servers, who were also the entertainment, were awesome and fun. It was really a fun evening and we all agreed we'd love to go back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatRobynDined on 12/20/2013Had been there many years ago. Service this time was spotty, and the food the same. Fun to hear the waiters sing and ham it up though. Probably better as a bar thing.Special Features:
- What a relaxing and enjoyableABQJJDined on 12/18/2013What a relaxing and enjoyable evening we had at La Casa Sena. My husband had to have eye surgery the next morning in Santa Fe and the atmosphere plus the friendliness and talent of the staff at La Casa Sena provided us with a way to get our minds off of the next morning and just relax. The food was outstanding, also. The place wasn't very crowded, usually when we go there it is packed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Music and good foodNeetsieDined on 12/1/2013What a treat! Great food and beautiful music. This is a must visit when you are in Santa Fe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and a show!skinewmexicoDined on 11/4/2013Always fun. Talented performers who are also friendly, fun waitstaff.Special Features:
- Great funHoustonOkieDined on 10/29/2013The show tunes makes this a great alternative to the usual dinner. The food is the same quality as casa sena. Expect service to be a little slower due to the servers doing double duty as singers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EntertainingMaryAnnDined on 10/26/2013Had a great time with entertainers. What an outgoing bunch. Two of us had the chicken breast with wild rice mix which was okay. One has salmon and one the veggie quesadilla which got high marks.Special Features:
- njm89njm89Dined on 10/16/2013All of the restaurant personal were so nice, and friendly, helpful in every way. I had a fun evening, and plan to return time and again. I loved the piano playerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great singingMagpieDined on 10/16/2013This was recommended for our annual girls vacation week. Exceeded our expectations. Our waiter, Ben, was extremely helpful in selecting food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was awful. Have beenDisappointedVIPDined on 10/13/2013Service was awful. Have been before and know that the waitstaff/ singers will be dividing their efforts, but we constantly had to get another waiter to get our waiter for service. Preferred your old menu as we're had already eaten at the Sena Cafe a few days before.Special Features:
- We LOVE the entertainmentKateDined on 9/28/2013I got to be honest here. I've been coming to La C. for many years. and the food really doesn't matter to me. Although its always been good enough to be pleased. We come for the entertainment. The singing waiters are awesome and have been there for years. I feel like i've come home when I go there. You must go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusual cantina - waitstaff performPlasmamanVIPDined on 9/1/2013This is a gem in Santa Fe. Those that frequent Santa Fe already know that it has a world-class opera (Santa Fe Opera) and classy performances at the Lensic theater. La Cantina has a unique feature = world-class singers and performers who double as your waiters and waitresses. The menu is widely eclectic and somewhat artistic, with a fair amount of gourmet New Mexican cuisine. They have won awards for their wine selection, but also have an interesting (and tasty) selection of cocktails and beers. Note that because the waitstaff perform in two sets throughout the evening, the service is a little slower than other places, but the "free" show makes it all worthwhile!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingThomVIPDined on 8/8/2013We visited here expecting a 4-star plus experience. The waitstaff was friendly and attentive and also doubled as the vocal entertainment. The dining room was a bit worn out and oddly shaped for the performers. The attempt at old world charm was kind of worn out. But we stayed expecting great food, which turned out to be average at best. Started with a good gazpacho, but the entrees were just average at best. We were very disappointed and will not return here.
- The staff sings! They areOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/22/2013The staff sings! They are fabulous. We were there on a Monday night from 5:30 to 9:10. We, 4 of us, had a great time. Food was good and the show tunes were 8* out of 4. We will go back again, and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was wonderful! The entertainmeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2013Food was wonderful! The entertainment was too! Service not so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Santa Fe SpotTucsonDinerDined on 7/16/2013We have been dining here whenever we visit Santa Fe for the past 27 years! The food and service are consistently good, but what keeps us coming back are the singing wait staff! They perform a mix of Broadway and other songs, and always create a fun evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening at the CantinaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/15/2013The music was upbeat and a lot of fun. The food was good but not outstanding. One of the entrees (quinoa wrapped in banana leaves) was very sparse for an entree. I realize you are paying more for the entertainment than for the food. but it would have been nice not to have paid $24 and left hungry.Special Features: