520 S 31st St
Kenilworth, NJ 07033Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.letseat.at/lacampagnola
- Phone: (908) 241-9200
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Angelo Gencarelli
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Jessica 9082419200
A word from La Campagnola
At La Campagnola Kenilworth NJ (formerly Roberto's), enjoy casual family dining at its best. With our chef from Calabria, Italy we offer a wide variety of exquisite dishes and a extended wine list. We are 4 star Star Ledger rated!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Campagnola reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)special occasion (10)fit for foodies (7)good for groups (5)notable wine list (4)romantic (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Surprise, surprisebirdsthewordVIPDined on 11/8/2014We tried this restaurant based on the reviews. The ambiance is in transition, a new pizza oven in a separate room is under construction. The service was attentive and special requests were honored. Our appetizers and entrees were delicious with a special favorite of my husband, the veal saltimbocca, a perfect 10. The chicken Campagnola was also a hit with my finicky friend. All the veggie sides were cooked al dente and had great color. We ordered a bottle of Caymus and enjoyed the bruschetta and crusty bread while waiting for our food. What I liked about La Campagnola is that all the wait staff worked in tandem to provide seamless service throughout the entire dining room.Special Features:
- Fantastic local findpeebs123Dined on 10/19/2014This was a great find near us in Kenilworth. The food ranges from classic Italian staples to specialty items not found many other places. Taste and plating were terrific. Extensive wine list. Server was extremely friendly and helpful. Owner made us feel like family. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great find in KenilworthbmccVIPDined on 10/18/2014The food was very good from an interesting and delicious pear salad to a good lamb chop entree and an even better seafood pasta entree. The waitress was very attentive and knowledgeable, and the noise level was low. We will be returning to try some other dishes which sounded very appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Happy BirthdayAwesomeVIPDined on 10/18/2014Had dinner with family for my birthday and once again, La Campagnola did not disappoint. I choose this restaurant very often whether it be a special occasion or hey, I just want to be waited on tonight! Angelo and the waitstaff, especially Jessica, are awesome. They'll make you feel so special just for being there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Classic ItaliancarmarDined on 10/11/2014Good classic Italian food! Nothing fancy and off the beaten path, but worth the trip.
- Love the specials!AwesomeVIPDined on 10/9/2014This restaurant, while it has a great regular menu, almost always has a very tempting special appetizer and or entrée. So, if you dine here, be sure to hear about the specials!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food+outstanding serviceRonSVIPDined on 9/28/2014The food is always amazing and the specials are over and above the regualr menu items. Service is ALWAYS the best!Special Features:
- Surprise findLizbklynDined on 9/27/2014Wow! What a pleasant surprise. Never heard of the place, took a chance for a "girls night out." Off the main drag and not much to look at from outside. Inside is fine but not upscale. Food very good. Everything we ordered were "specials" but the regular menu looked very good too. Had a burrata cheese with roasted peppers, olives, tomato and green as appetizer. Excellent and easy to share. Pumpkin risotto very good. My friend had a pork shank with risotto which was excellent. Attentive service with nice suggestions. Prices on menu are reasonable but the specials were higher - still great value for this area! Definitely add it to my return list!Special Features:
- One of our best times, everAwesomeVIPDined on 9/13/2014My family and I frequent La Campagnola a lot and this evening was especially great. I think it was because of the specials that were offered. It seemed that there was something for everyone even though we did not all choose a special. The service was outstanding as always and the food as well.Special Features:
- Delicious!Donvito18Dined on 9/5/2014The service and ambiance were great, but the best part of our evening was tasting the delicious food, from the shrimp in garlic to the stuffed figs for appetizers, to the veal oscar and the fettuccini carbonara for the main course, everything was excellent, creative, and well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local restaurant.MickeyVIPDined on 8/15/2014One of my favorite local restaurants. Love their eggplant dishes, fish specials, and steaks. Great all around restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceewolreb81Dined on 8/1/2014My wife and I had not eaten at this location since it changed hands. We were both very pleasantly surprised. The food we ordered was really good and the service was very pleasant and evenly measured. We will surely be back in the near future.The fish I ordered was done perfectly as was the chicken that my wife ate. The whole experience was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 63 reviews are from the La Campagnola reviews archive.
- Once again - fantastic!AwesomeVIPDined on 7/31/2014I don't know what more I can say about La Campagnola except for the fact that I always seem to choose a special! Angelo comes up with some wonderful seasonal appys and entrees and Jessica's service is always superb!Special Features:
- Great findecksphileDined on 7/25/2014A great find where you would never expect it! Tucked away in an industrial park kind of neighborhood is La Campagnola. Warm service by seasoned waitresses who treat you like family. We had two of the specials - lamb shank with a ragu of vegetables on parmasian risotto, and a pork shank with a completely different ragu of vegetables on risotto. Monster portions which were absolutely delicious. The downside is I didn't get to try any of the pasta selections which sounded fabulous, but we will be back to try them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Cut AboveAnthonyDDined on 6/27/2014I went with a party of 7 and had a great time. The food was excellent (the chef cooks it and he's from Italy). I had a monkfish/lobster special that was delicious. My daughter's ragu (AKA Bolognese sauce) was perfect, even better than mine. All the dishes were well prepared with quality ingredients. It's located in a neat, old industrial neighborhood. The service was friendly, competent and efficient. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An "off" night...AwesomeVIPDined on 6/14/2014Arrival of food took longer than usual due to some new kitchen staff. Wait staff and chef made apologies and since I dine here quite often, I know that it was an unusual night. Will not let this prevent me from going again.Special Features:
- great food and servicecdennett1018VIPDined on 5/21/2014love love love this place.. food is great and Jessica the waitress is awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great nighthockeymom16Dined on 5/21/2014Our most recent visit was to celebrate my daughter's college graduation. There were 8 of us in our party. The food was fantastic, the service was great, our waitress had a wonderful personality, and the portions were very good. Highly recommend La Campagnola whether you want a nice dinner for two, or a family celebration like we had. We look forward to many more nights at this restaurant.Special Features:
- great place to celebratepepperDined on 5/11/2014The service is great the waitresses are friendly and respectful. The price is a little high, but it is worth it. Went there on mothers day and for my birthday. Also on a fri nite. I will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/1/2014Very nice! Food was quite good with nice assortment of specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant dining experiencesiloves2eatDined on 4/20/2014We enjoyed a very nice Easter dinner at La Campanola. Peaceful atmosphere, good service and delicious meal. It was our first visit and we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Easter DinnerAwesomeVIPDined on 4/20/2014On this occasion, my family and I enjoyed our Easter dinner together in the early afternoon. The special menu for the day was suitable to most tastes and the late-added specials were also enticing. We all enjoyed our appys and meals. Addition of new ice cream desserts for the warmer weather was wonderful!Special Features:
- Perfect ItalianDanielleDined on 4/6/2014We have been searching for a reasonably priced, casually elegant, italian restaurant with amazing food and a full bar for years. La Campagnola met every one of those needs, plus their service was outstanding. We loved our experience and will be definitely be back many, many times to come.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm a regular...AwesomeVIPDined on 3/29/2014I just love this restaurant. The entire staff is friendly and can never do enough for you. The food never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moms' Time!AwesomeVIPDined on 3/15/2014My sister and I dine here often but usually with our daughters and/or other family members. On this most recent visit it was just the two of us. We relaxed and enjoyed a delicious meal served by Jessica who understood that we just wanted to take our time on this particular night. This restaurant always aims to exceed one's expectations.Special Features:
- Rare FindNastyVIPDined on 3/7/2014No that fancy in terms of ambience but the food and service were top notch...highly recommend!Special Features:
- The food and wait staff areAwesomeVIPDined on 3/1/2014The food and wait staff are superb. Fantastic Bolognese sauce - kudos to the chef! I uncharacteristically finished my entire entrée! Just could not stop eating my Pappardelle Bolognese!! I still want more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Under the radarOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/22/2014You have to seek this place out; you'll never drive by it for any reason but it is worth it. The food is excellent, fresh and well-prepared. Always a diverse specials list. The waitstaff is amazing, attentive, and remembers what you had at previous visits. The ambiance is a little drab but it is always a nice place for a great dinner.Special Features:
- Great food, but bad price pointBrianSDined on 2/14/2014Took my wife here for Valentine's Day. Food was phenomenal! Atmosphere didn't warrant the pricing however. They should improve the lighting. Do something with the walls. Add some candles and nicer plateware. Although the staff was very firendly, the manager was a little 'rough' and cursed when speaking with various table. I asked for a Dry martini and got a dirty martini. Call me picky, but for the price, no cursing and know how to order my drink please. I would order take out from here if there's a cheaper menu, but I wouldn't go back in person.
- Valentine dateDonaldDined on 2/14/2014Excellent food and service for a valentine's day date with my wife. We both loved the food and service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!Table1regularsVIPDined on 2/8/2014We went last Saturday night and had the most delicious dinner. It was hard to believe that the place was not packed. Highly recommend . Our server was wonderful and her recommendations were spot on. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Very good food and enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014Very good food and enjoyable atmosphere. We would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and FoodJepoofDined on 1/24/2014Went to La Campagnola for dinner on Friday 1-24 and found the place to be lovely. Appetizers and desserts were the strongest points, but we didn't try a lot of the range on the menu for main courses. The mozzarella/ricotta cheese special appetizer was excellent, as was the salmon specially prepared for my wife. Shell steak in two different dishes was well cooked, but steak isnot really the restaurant's strongest point. We shold have tried mor eof the Italian dishes on the menu. The chicken parm was excellent, as were the desserts, especially the cannoli. Service was excellent - attentive, informative and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I dined alone and was ableAwesomeVIPDined on 1/4/2014I dined alone and was able to have a great 'light' supper - just the hotsy totsy shrimp appetizer and fabulous spinach salad. A nice glass of red wine and a single expresso to finish it off - a superb night. I really like this restaurant and the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely delicious every timeSadieDined on 12/31/2013My husband and I love, love, live this place...the food is always great and the staff is very pleasant and knowledgeable . Glad it's close to home:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a great place for any occasionAwesomeVIPDined on 12/31/2013No matter what the occasion, La Campagnola does not disappoint. The chef(s) will modify items to your needs or likings. The servers are knowledgable and outstanding - they truly aim to please. While I've indicated kid-friendly, this is not for rambunctious kids but rather those who, for the most part are well-behaved and enjoy real food. On this occasion, it was New Year's Eve and members of my family were returning for our 2nd or 3rd time on this night. Yes - there's a limited menu but well rounded and something for almost everybody. If there was a real problem, I know they'd do everything to accommodate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal on a holiday eveJoeyVIPDined on 12/31/2013A smaller menu but big enough for all of us to have good choices. The founder, steak, chicken, veal, entrees were excellent. No one was disappointed. Service was excellent, drink we're good also!!Special Features:
- The best neighborhood restaurant.MickeyVIPDined on 12/28/2013We met with friends for a fantastic dinner to celebrate the holidays. The service is extremely good. Constant attention by the wait staff. The service is only outdone by the food. From the appetizers to the desserts the food is amazing. Their red sauce is about as good as it gets. Wonderful meal and we can't wait to go back. We really enjoyed this restaurant.Special Features:
- Superior food and serviceCharlestownchiefDined on 11/10/2013Consistency in food and service is why we keep going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Critical About RestaurantsGinaMarieDined on 11/1/2013I have heard mixed reviews of the establishment but was drawn to it after hearing they obtained a new head chef. At a table of three adults, our orders consisted of specials and off the menu and everyone was very happy with all selections. The food tasted real, not buttered up like you find in many restaurants. I have to mention the espresso martini was outstanding too!!!! The wine list had a good mix of reasonably priced bottles as well as higher end labels. The staff as attentive but not over bearing/lingering. We are eager to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.