439 OakShade Rd
Shamong, NJ 08088Neighborhood:
Contemporary ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.la-campagnola.com/
- Phone: (609) 268-0600
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Wednesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday & Tuesday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Wednesday - Sunday: 12:30pm - 9:00pm
Early bird specials offered every day until 5:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Steak, Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Nuciglio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We do all types of catering. We can take it to your home, we can set it up in your home, or we can service it in your home. You can also pick it up at the restaurant. We offer almost every item on our menu. We also have all the needed equipment for complete service in your home.
- Entertainment: We have Live Bands every Sat night and live duets on Fri Nights, from 9:45 pm to 1:45 am. We have space for dancing if you so desire. Bands appearing include: Shakes, Flip Side, Al Snyder, Sloppy & the Joes, Keith Abrams, Philly Brass & Red Evidence. Our Duos include: Good to Go, Other Guys, Mark Evans, Dave Murray, & we occasionally feature Scott Gager. Join us for a fun filled night.
A word from La Campagnola
La Campagnola Restaurant & Bar serves the finest Certified Angus Beef Steaks, Freshest Seafood, & Italian Speciality Dishes. Chef Michael offers weekly specials in addition to our regular menu. Our atmosphere is casual with top shelf service. We have a fine wine list as well as 20 draft and 20 bottled beers. Our liquor assortment is broad and features all the popular brands. We offer Sunday Brunch with a wide range of breakfast & luncheon dishes. We have live entertainment every Fri & Sat night from 9:45 pm to 1:45 am. We offer All U Can Eat Crab nights on Mon & Tues, Prime Rib Specials (the best you"ll ever eat) on Thurs, Pasta Specials on Wed & HAPPY Hour Mon through Fri from 4 to 7 with Late Happy Hour Drink & Beer specials Mon to Thurs. We do serviced or take out catering. We have a private area for parties, rehearsal dinners, baby or bridal showers. We can accommodate Funerals up to 100 people. We serve lunch Wed to Sat from 11am. Our Pork Chop was #1 in S.J!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
La Campagnola - Best Restaurants in Medford ›
La Campagnola reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (22)good for groups (15)special occasion (15)fit for foodies (10)vibrant bar scene (9)notable wine list (9)romantic (9)hot spot (8)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- good spot, cool vibeSundownDined on 11/15/2014I got the filet mignon and my date got the chicken parmesan it was amazing. after drinks in our entrees the bill was steep but honestly it was worth it if you want a great environment and top tier food. would go again on a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My experience at La CampagnolaPeteDined on 11/15/2014I had an excellent experience at La Campagnola...the service was friendly, fast, and very attentive...I had the steak and it was excellent, definitely would recommend it. The ambiance was romantic, clean, and quiet enough to have a conversation...I was there for a my birthday and they comped my dessert which was unexpected and very nice and I appreciated that...Loved your wine classes I purchased 2 of them...hope to see you soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large Portions and OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/3/2014This is a beautiful restaurant with very good service, and very good food. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great food, excellant servicejerzydocDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I went there for the first time this past weekend. We went a bit on the early side (5ish) so it wasn't super crowded yet. Our waitress Kim was so nice and it is obvious she not only enjoys people but loves her job. We had the fried Calamari app which was perfect...rings only and crispy yet tender. Our diners were wonderful and portions were huge. I rarely take any leftovers home but I did that night.... excellent all around and we most certainly will be back next time we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/14/2014The food and service were excellent. Additional free appetizers were a nice touch. Country music in an Italian restaurant?Special Features:
- Gem In The Woods!ChefJulieDined on 10/1/2014This was my first time at La Campagnola. I chose it as a "midway" spot for myself and a friend, and we were both convinced by the end of the evening... this is our new "spot"! We were surprised to see this restaurant/bar so crowded, as it truly is situated in the middle of the woods, aand on a Thursday night, no less. The building is lovely inside, the dining rooms filled with warmth and ambiance, and the service was cheerful and professional. I'm a foodie who happens to be a chef, and I was thrilled when all of our food was perfectly seasoned and prepared. We will return, and look forward to taking our husbands next time!Special Features:
- Great local placeKrisDined on 9/20/2014Food was very good. Service was excellent. Would definitely recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shamong GemDocTomVIPDined on 9/19/2014From start to finish everything was excellent...cocktails, wine, food, appetizers, main course and dessert!!! And to topping it off was the friendly, attentive service throughout the evening from everyone who worked there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall great foodFoodfavVIPDined on 8/25/2014I have dined at La Compagnola many times. The good is consistently good and it has a very nice menu selection of great Italian dishes, great steaks and seafood too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findBl203VIPDined on 8/23/2014Great specials here with extensive menu. Ala vodka sauce the best but his night I had the chicken artichoke special with a wine flight. Band in Saturday night with local talent. Great place to try if you haven't been there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our waiter Patrick was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014We enjoyed our meal and the waiter Patrick and the rest of the staff were great didn't need a thing they were on top of everythingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 65 reviews are from the La Campagnola reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2014We have dined at La Campagnola about once a year for the last 6 years and have never been disappointed . On our last visit service was very good even though bus boy took my bread away when i was not looking . i was enjoying that bread with my clams and pasta but oh well . if you like fish try the stuffed flounder and the wine list is vey reasonable . You can get a outstanding bottle for under 30 dollars .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobinDined on 6/26/2014LaCampagnola is one of my favorites places and usually have great service. This time was a little lacking in that department...not bad, but just not worthy of over 15%. The bar area was very loud thanks to one very energetic woman who felt that the whole restaurant needed to hear every word she said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch was great.looking4funDined on 6/15/2014We had a great time a the brunch. Food was great and the service excellent as well. Great for kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day dinnersnowdogVIPDined on 6/14/2014I made a dinner reservation for Saturday night at 615pm for two. There were 2 hostesses seating and handling reservations...it seemed very chaotic. Even after I gave the younger hostess our name and specific time...they somehow got confused and didn't think we had a reservation, then seated 2 other parties ahead of us, while we waiting off to the side for 20 minutes! My boyfriend finally said something and we were seated immediately. Aside from that chaos, our dinner was lovely. The restaurant did provide a cannoli for dessert, gratis, and our waiter was wonderful.Special Features:
- Very NiceDebbieDooDined on 6/3/2014Went with a group of 10 to celebrate my boyfriends birthday and the all you can eat crab legs. We did not feel rushed, drinks and food came in a timely manner, and those who had gotten the crab legs said they were cooked perfectly! Would like to go back, bit pricey for children but not sure they might have had a childs menu we did not have any kids in our group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local ItalianLevolormanVIPDined on 5/23/2014We have been happy every time we have been here. The food is very good, the service is usually good and the ambience is nice. During our last visit, the floors were oddly slippery, making it feel like the table and chairs were on ice. The scallop appetizer was exceptional. although this is not to the level of a 5 star restaurant, we would gladly come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dungeness CrabscrabloverDined on 5/12/2014We drove 40 miles and was very disappointed that you did not have the dungeness crab special that we enjoyed twice before. There were 7 of us looking forward to the dungeness crabs. Five of us ordered your snow crabs. Our waitress was very accommodating. She knew how disappointed we were and went out of her way to please us. She explained that pricing had gone up on dungeness....We would have gladly paid more for dungeness. We have been to two other restaurants in our area who serve dungeness, but yours were the best, this is why we drove the 40 miles. Since we have several Italian restaurants in our area, we won't be back unless you have dungeness crabs again. Please email me if you do so and we will be happy to return.Special Features:
- PricingBillkaDined on 5/9/2014Prices were a little on the high side but the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodSharDined on 5/3/2014My husband and I love it here. The food is wonderful and service is also excellent. However, lately they have been having parties upstairs and downstairs quite often on the weekend. So this past Saturday, I made the reservation on Opentable asking for the upstairs. I received a phone call from the restaurant telling me that there was a party upstairs; I said that is fine we will dine in the downstairs dining room and they said okay. Well when we arrived we found that there was a party downstairs as well, so we had to eat in the bar area. We are not fans of the bar area because it is very loud when eating dinner. I wished that they had told me this on the phone; I wouldn't have gone that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dungeness crab fiestcrabloverDined on 4/21/2014We enjoyed the most delicious FRESH dungeness crabs. We have had crabs at other restaurants, but they have the best. The service was great...never had to wait for refills on the crabs. Our first time there, we will definitely be going back not only for the crabs but also for their other specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2014Great place to bring the family... Awesome food... Sunday's Brunch has a lot to offer....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it here! We live in theSharDined on 3/22/2014Love it here! We live in the neighborhood, so we go here often. The food is always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch a WinnermeatsweatVIPDined on 3/16/2014This was the first time we selected an establishment strictly based on their participation in open table. Glad.we did. Went for the Sunday brunch. The ambiance was positive and noted. The selection at the self serve brunch was somewhat limited but certainly sufficient. Of note was the omelet station, waffles, and cheese tortellini. Omelets were delicious. Waffles very airy yet tasty. Tortellini very good. Plenty of meats and salads for all. Only food item not up to par were the fried breakfast potatoes. They were not hot enough. All in all, a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Neighborhood SpotLuv2EatnCookDined on 3/15/2014Good food, very attentive service, busy night and course timing was a bit rushed on appetizers and salads then a big gap waiting for entrees, given the value delivered pricing was a bit high but not unreasonableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love it !AmianoDined on 3/15/2014The food is always good. Our servers are always so nice and really make our experience even better. The bartenders are great. I highly recommend their specialty martini's This place offers something for everyone. I have never had a bad meal or bad time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodLauraDined on 2/22/2014The service was great, as well as the food. We went on a Saturday night, so it was crowded and our table was right near the kitchen, but everything was so good that we didn't care. Our waitress was attentive, but not overbearing. We will be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceDanCDined on 2/15/2014Have been many times and several large parties, food always great, and reasonable prices!Special Features:
- Excellent !MarshDined on 2/1/2014We were extremely pleased with all, the food the service , atmosphere. Words can't describe how great our experience was. Was truly impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Requested table next to fireplaceluv2dineDined on 1/22/2014Requested table next to fireplace for a romantic anniversary. Fireplace not lit. Candles on table not lit even after we mentioned it. Room was cold the entire meal. Meal was great! Service was excellent! Drinks were very good. Music from bar was overlapping music in our dinning area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- who misssed the message? Who cared?6dinersplus1Dined on 1/10/2014When we called for reservations, the automatic attendant told us to make our reservations on line. We did. When we arrived, no one had our reservations. No one wanted to know what happened. We had asked to be placed in the dining room near the fireplace. We were parked in the bar. No one asked. The dinning room had many open tables. The bar was too loud to talk to anyone. The food was mediocre at best and very pricey for what was served up.Special Features:
- DecentPhytoDined on 1/4/2014Service left a lot to be desired, though we figured she was in high school. For example, didnt let us sample the wine before she poured all of us glasses...? Much variety on the menu, nice table appearance, free bread. A bit pricey for small town Jersey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner on a snowy nightBrianJDined on 1/2/2014My wife and I celebrated her birthday on a snowy night on the 2nd of January. Between the snow which began at 5 PM and the proximity to a busy New Years Eve at the restaurant, we were a little concerned about the evening. La Campagnola came through with flying colors! The dinner was outstanding. The service was everything one could ask for. The wine list was excellent. The bottom line was that La Campagnola produced a thoroughly enjoyable evening on a night that could have been a disaster.Special Features:
- Great New Year's EveGinaKDined on 12/31/2013Great way to ring in the New Year! The band, "Friendds", was awesome and just the right touch for the evening. The food was delicious and the staff was exceptional, paying attention to our news but not being obtusive. Very nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service is excellent.FrankDined on 12/28/2013Food and service is excellent. Your resturant has a warm and freindly atmosphere, i would highly recomend your resturant to everyone. The big trick is keeping yourquality consitinent. And please, don't ever fire the chef! You have the greatest CONNOLI'S ! wIsh i could have your recipe. Your menu is great !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never let's me down...weeklydiner67Dined on 12/22/2013I can't say I'm a frequent visitor here, but this is roughly the fifth time I've eaten here, all with above average or better results. The girl at the front desk could have been a little more cheery in my opinion, but that was my only beef. Excellent food and great server made for a positive overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/7/2013We have never had a bad meal at La Camagnla. The service is great, wait staff very attentive. Hostess are very friendly, and accommodating. The only negative thing is they have raised their prices a little to muchSpecial Features:
- Great food and outstanding service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/27/2013Food was terrific, and the service was exceptional. Our server, Dave, was a true pleasure. He was engaging and friendly, and managedto talk our son into trying something other than a cheeseburger. He had duck for dinner, and loved it! Ask for Dave when you go there - you'll be glad you did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a lovely dinner withSueSDined on 11/23/2013We had a lovely dinner with my parents. I had the crab cakes and they were delicious. The tuna was excellent as was the filet mignon and the veal. Our server was pleasant and very attentive. We will be going back.Special Features:
- The food was wonderful andHelenDined on 11/23/2013The food was wonderful and the ambience fabulous. Handicap accessible and easy to manuever around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.