439 OakShade Rd
Shamong, NJ 08088Neighborhood:
Contemporary ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.la-campagnola.com/
- Phone: (609) 268-0600
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Wednesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday & Tuesday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Wednesday - Sunday: 12:30pm - 9:00pm
Early bird specials offered every day until 5:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Steak, Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Nuciglio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We do all types of catering. We can take it to your home, we can set it up in your home, or we can service it in your home. You can also pick it up at the restaurant. We offer almost every item on our menu. We also have all the needed equipment for complete service in your home.
- Entertainment: We have Live Bands every Sat night and live duets on Fri Nights, from 9:45 pm to 1:45 am. We have space for dancing if you so desire. Bands appearing include: Shakes, Flip Side, Al Snyder, Sloppy & the Joes, Keith Abrams, Philly Brass & Red Evidence. Our Duos include: Good to Go, Other Guys, Mark Evans, Dave Murray, & we occasionally feature Scott Gager. Join us for a fun filled night.
A word from La Campagnola
La Campagnola Restaurant & Bar serves the finest Certified Angus Beef Steaks, Freshest Seafood, & Italian Speciality Dishes. Chef Michael offers weekly specials in addition to our regular menu. Our atmosphere is casual with top shelf service. We have a fine wine list as well as 20 draft and 20 bottled beers. Our liquor assortment is broad and features all the popular brands. We offer Sunday Brunch with a wide range of breakfast & luncheon dishes. We have live entertainment every Fri & Sat night from 9:45 pm to 1:45 am. We offer All U Can Eat Crab nights on Mon & Tues, Prime Rib Specials (the best you"ll ever eat) on Thurs, Pasta Specials on Wed & HAPPY Hour Mon through Fri from 4 to 7 with Late Happy Hour Drink & Beer specials Mon to Thurs. We do serviced or take out catering. We have a private area for parties, rehearsal dinners, baby or bridal showers. We can accommodate Funerals up to 100 people. We serve lunch Wed to Sat from 11am. Our Pork Chop was #1 in S.J!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
La Campagnola - Best Restaurants in Medford ›
La Campagnola reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (22)good for groups (15)special occasion (15)fit for foodies (10)vibrant bar scene (9)notable wine list (9)romantic (9)hot spot (8)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Food great, service excellentRizziVIPDined on 11/16/2013Food great, service excellent but felt the table turnover to quick although never rushed.Special Features:
- city prices in Shamong NJHope60VIPDined on 11/9/2013This restaurant came highly recommended from friends and neighbors. It was very full on a sat night. First off we were sat at the worst table right near the waitress area with the weekly schedule hanging and constant in and out from servers and buspeople. We asked to be moved, and they were happy to do so. Prices were HIGH for south Jersey. Most entrees in the mid 20's. portions were good size, but not large. The restaurant is literally in the middle of nowhere and priced likeCenter City at a very fine restaurant. But the clincher of the whole meal was the lovely dessert tray with both homemade and non homemade desserts. They can be had for 8.95 each.really? Even in the finest restaurants desserts are not that expensive. we will not return
- We've been to the restaurantJeanneDined on 10/20/2013We've been to the restaurant on many occasions, from romantic celebrations, to birthdays, to renting for a bridal shower and a brunch. We've never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- super great food-- service was ehh.thezVIPDined on 10/14/2013it wasnt bad service-- it was just not attentive service.. she was nice when she was there.. but not there enough.. food however was awesome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place for all occasionsfjmarcheseDined on 10/11/2013The food is excellent and the service is great. It is that perfect spot that treats you like family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but unspectacular local diningBillR1130Dined on 10/5/2013La Campagnola is a solid performer that consistently provides a good dining experience. For a local like myself, it's a fine alternative to a long drive to Philadelphia or the more built-up suburbs, but I can't unreservedly recommend it to someone outside the immediate area who would have to travel any distance to get there. The food is good but not great -- e.g., my steak at my most recent visit was well cooked and flavorful, but tougher than one might hope for. It also has a bit of an identity problem -- is it a fine restaurant, or is it a sports bar? The menu suggests aspirations to the former, but the lounge has a big-screen TV showing football games which can be seen from parts of the main dining room and detract from its ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, service and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/21/2013We have had many good dining experiences here. Enjoy our favorites like chicken piccata, vodka penna and the pork chops. The servers are friendly without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La CampagnolaJillSamDined on 9/16/2013Table was ready, service very good, food wonderful, ambiance spectacular. We've been several times and plan to continue going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Hot SpotfoodfreakDined on 9/14/2013This is a great local spot to go when you don't feel like driving too far. The food is very good, but they need to change up their menu once in awhile. Everyone gets the same veggies and potatoes, no mater what entree, which I find somewhat boring. The noise level is very high because there is nothing to absorb the sound, especially on weekend nights. If you want a romantic evening, during the week is best. Service is always tops! Staff is knowledgeable and very friendly, always service with a smile! Their outdoor dining would be nicer if it didn't border the parking lot. But we go back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surprise in the PinesCarol5Dined on 9/7/2013For years I have passed the restaurant making every intention to have my husband and I go there for dinner. One night I just said "let's go tonight!" When we walked in, I was excited to see such a warm, stylish and friendly atmosphere where we were treated like we'd been coming there on a regular basis. We had a great drink at the bar while a couple regulars were eager to share their favorite dishes. We were seated timely and were even given a signature appetizer being our first time there...won us over right away. We chose a fish dish which was nice and hot, very tasty and beautifully presented. The service was excellent, the prices very reasonable and we will definitely return soon. The place was packed with friendly people..a win win!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Occasion for CelebrationchaspoDined on 8/19/2013My wife and I had heard of this place out in Shamong (we live on the other side of Medford), so when my daughter gave my wife a gift certificate for her birthday, we were anxious to find out if the rumors were valid. They were. We were so impressed with everything the restaurant had to offer, a friendly and attentive staff, excellent menu (and wine) choices, and high-quality preparation of same. Comfortable and roomy seating. Great ambiance. We will definitely make the drive to this outstanding gem a frequent thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can count on a very good mealMrsBDined on 8/17/2013This is not the first time that we have been to this restaurant. The food has been consistently good and there are many items to choose from on the menu. One person dining with us had the surf and turf and said that it was the best that he ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were 2 couples and hadOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/10/2013We were 2 couples and had a chance to sample 4 differant dishes ,Stuffed Pork Chop, Rack of Lamb,Blackened Mako and the Crab cakes, each dish was better then the other.. The service was excellant ,they were very attentive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Night OutBillkaDined on 8/3/2013This was our second time eating at La Campagnola. We had a Mussel dish and Shrimp and Calamari dish. Both were very good. The service was also top notch. I would recommend the La Campagnola to my closest friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingNawlinsGalDined on 7/20/2013Went with my husband and another couple for 'date night'. It was our first time and was pleasantly surprised! Nice Bar area, nice dinner (our server was very entertaining), food was delicious and fresh. Afterwards we went back to the bar area for live music and dancing! Nice to know we can go our in our own backyard instead of driving into Philly. A blessing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for ItalianDevinedinerDined on 7/20/2013Great place for get togethers or family events such as birthdays or anniversarys. Good prices and great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La campagnolaBl203VIPDined on 7/20/2013Truly a great neighborhood place. Good wine list. We had the pork chop and past with vodka sauce. Had to bring half of it home. So much food. We also each had a different wine flight of good size pours for flights. Highly recommend a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceCathyVIPDined on 7/19/2013A neighborhood gem tucked away in the country. Great appetizers! My filet mignon was as good if not better than the high end steakhouses. Prices are reasonable. Service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service and Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/6/2013We were a group of seven celebrating a birthday. The menu is quite extensive and everyone was satisfied with all the options and the quality of the food. The staff was very attentive, constantly refilling glasses and repeated offers to bring more bread or anything else that we needed. We especially enjoyed the pizza bread that is served in addition to rolls. We would definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful gem of a find.danilooDined on 6/9/2013Service was outstanding, food was amazing... nothing else to say. If you are in the area and have not tried it yet, you should.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureBrunchpleaseDined on 6/9/2013Love it here, food is always great and waitstaff is wonderful. We went early on none holiday and were only ones there, but all attention was on us. Great service....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La CampagnolaLauraDined on 6/8/2013Food was excellent and enough for dinner the next evening. Bar very nice for pre-dinner drink but gets VERY busy and lively after 8:30 pm or so. Very friendly and appropriately attentive staff - great local place!Special Features:
- great food, good atmospherekarlosDined on 6/1/2013great food, good atmosphere and good service. highly recommend. haven't been disappointed yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/25/2013The food and service are consistently great. We love enjoying different wines through the wine flights. Especially fun to eat at the bar and watch a game or two on the large tv's. Or, for special, romantic occasions, sit in the nicely appointed dining room. You can't go wrong at this neighbor gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La CampanolaRobinDined on 5/11/2013Food is always terrific! I thought it was a bit tacky that the bartenders were eating while working.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice SurpriseninazDined on 4/27/2013We visiting the restaurant on Saturday night when we were looking for a last minute reservation and were pleasantly surprised with the evening as one of us had been here previously with not such a great outcome. The food was very good.... many choices, fresh and properly portioned. Our waitress was great too helping us with choices!I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem of a restaurant in the pinesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2013Have eaten at LaCampagnola so many times I can't count and every single meal has been amazing. Basically, their chef can cook...really well. The LC as locals call it is a gem of a restaurant in the little town of Shamong, NJ. It has a fantastic bar, live music, great ambiance and you are seated by the family that owns the place! We are so lucky to have this place right around the corner!Special Features:
- As always , the food and serviceBobcatVIPDined on 4/13/2013As always , the food and service are excellent. We eat here alot and we love it.Special Features:
- We have never had a bad meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/13/2013We have never had a bad meal. Menu is fit for everyone and delish from apps to dessert.Special Features:
- There was a wild bar sceneOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2013There was a wild bar scene during NCAA Great Eight game (OSU v Wichita). Lotta people having fun, yet the dining room was very quiet: fantastic acoustics. Food was magnificent, service great. Try the scallops.Special Features:
- An excellent value with excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/29/2013An excellent value with excellent food and wines reasonably priced. Very friendly service.Special Features:
- Not goodfor a relaxing Sunday DinerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2013Food was pricey, don't eat in the room with bar unless you like loud hard rock music.
- Had a very good meal. MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/2/2013Had a very good meal. Menu is very extensive and specials were also very nice. Will definitely go back soon.Special Features:
- Our extended family membersOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Our extended family members live in opposite directions on Rt 206 and have a difficult finding a common meeting place for a get-together dinner. After dining at La Campagnola last Saturday evening, we agreed that we've found our new favorite gathering spot. Our reservation for 9 was quickly honored when we arrived, and a worthy wine list was presented once we were seated. The restaurant is warmly decorated, the food was delicious, and the service was personable. Only drawback is the acoustics...the restaurant is a bit on the noisy side. However, we will return despite that.Special Features:
- GREAT NIGHT OUTcasinogirlVIPDined on 1/28/2013Fabulous the wait service was awesome and loved the food!@ thanks for a wonderful timeSpecial Features:
- Food was excellent; wine flightsDevinVIPDined on 1/19/2013Food was excellent; wine flights were great; will definitely visit again in the near futureSpecial Features: