La Calle Doce - Lakewood
1925 Skillman Street
Dallas, TX 75206Neighborhood:
Lakewood / White Rock Lake
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
La Calle Doce - Lakewood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lacalledoce-dallas.com/
- Phone: 2148249900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Seafood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from La Calle Doce - Lakewood
Since 1981 La Calle Doces has been serving the Dallas area delicious seafood and Tex-Mex made with the freshest ingredients. Signature dishes such as Pescado a la Parilla, Ceviche and Camarón a la Veracruzana have made such an impact that on August 6th, 1999 a second location was opened in Lakewood. Enjoy the rich culture of Coastal Mexico through our fresh and flavorful cuisine. Just 10 minutes from Downtown Dallas, we offer daily specials, friendly smiles, and a cozy atmosphere and traditional menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Calle Doce - Lakewood reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (10)fit for foodies (9)neighborhood gem (9)great for lunch (5)special occasion (4)romantic (3)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- austiniteDined on 8/23/2014Our group of eight had a wonderful and lively dinner at La Calle Doce. The food and drinks were all delicious and exceedingly fresh. We also enjoyed the excellent musician who visited our table. Several members of our party are native Venezuelans, who loved singing along with our requested songs.Special Features:
- Mexican SeafoodreallyVIPDined on 8/2/2014This place has been around for years. I'm not sure why it's so popular either. The food is just 'ok'. They offer two salsas with the chips. The red salsa is HOT and the green is very mild. My enchiladas with shrimp sauce were greasy, cheese enchiladas covered with more cheese and a few boiled shrimp and a side of rice. The cod stew, served with the entrée, is salty, smelly and fishy. Our server was great, the food arrived quickly and was served hot.Special Features:
- Absolutely will return!BugleboyDined on 8/2/2014Upon the request of my wife, we went to La Calle Doce for her birthday. The food we ordered and received was mouth-watering good and our server was very attentive without hovering. We chose to go on a Saturday afternoon and had no problems getting seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect neighborhood spotSissyVIPDined on 8/1/2014Love the menu focus on seafood. Fish tacos were delicious. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Calle 12DiningExperienceDined on 6/24/2014Wait staff is very professional, it is clean, and the food is great along with their margarita on the rocks. There are several healthy options to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFoodieDined on 5/23/2014Having had a good experience at La Calle Doce in the past, we were anticipating a pleasant meal with friends. However, when our meal was served, I received the wrong dish. The meal was sent back, and after about 15 minutes the correct dish was brought to me. The rest of our dining group had to wait for me to eat. My husband's salmon ceviche was mushy and seemed not to be fresh. All the while, there was a child at a nearby table who frequently, but unpredictably, let out a shrill screen that startled us every time! Needless to say, it was not one of our more pleasant dinners.
- Memorable BirthdaygogogoDined on 5/3/2014I used Open Table to make a reservation at La Calle Doce for my husband's birthday. We were seated promptly and our waiter was very accommodating as we waited for a late arriving guest. The ceviche was delicious! We love the Jamaica drink they serve there which is hard to find. All of our entrees were excellent. We had a wonderful guitar serenade and then the staff surprised my husband by placing a large sombrero on his head and singing Happy Birthday in English and Spanish! I got some great pictures of that! It was not our first visit, and we will return again.Special Features:
- The following 92 reviews are from the La Calle Doce - Lakewood reviews archive.
- Salmon tacos!DDA1Dined on 4/20/2014If you love Mexican food and seafood, this is the place for you. My favorite is their salmon tacos. Service is always great! This is my family's new favorite Mexican restaurant.Special Features:
- Easter Dinner for empty nesters2luckylocalsDined on 4/20/2014Nice reception on Easter Sunday with no reservation. No wait. Pleasant service, attentive but the food was the main attraction. Significant portions. Was able to substitute cod stew for tortilla soup with entree. Delicious melt in your mouth appetizer & entrees.Mango Margarita superb. Only regret was not having the ability to try dessert or have another Mango M. Muy Bien Lakewood location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bland food; good serviceBilly525VIPDined on 4/9/2014I would actually recommend this restaurant, but ONLY because I've eaten here before. Based on today's lunch, the food was bland and rather tasteless. Chips, salsas, corn tortillas were all very good, as usual. Charro beans had a strange smoky taste that simply was not good. As long as I return to what I know is good on the menu, I will be back. Service was very warm and friendly, and that is always a plus!I would recommend this to a friend.
- 12th Street FunSaltVIPDined on 3/21/2014La Calle Doce was just plain fun! Laid-back neighborhood feel, yummy Mexican food with an emphasis on fish and seafood and pleasant service…totally recommend for a fun, casual night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time had by allEbuschDined on 2/22/2014The food was exceptional and the margaritas were even better. The service was a little slow this time but still a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good as always.arianaDined on 1/19/2014The food was good as always. The drinks were good as well. Our table was ready when we arrived. We did not have a server for a long time although we were told he would come see us soon. Another lady brought us our drinks. We still waited for a long time to get a server so we could order our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The paella was amazing! FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013The paella was amazing! Fantastic service, great atmosphere! The Guitarist made the evening when he sang to my 2 year old daughter...all smiles!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service and Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/21/2013We had a group of 15 people (including two toddlers). We originally booked for 10 but had extras come along and the restaurant was more than happy to accommodate. We had one server but he was so amazing that you would have thought we had 3 servers taking care of us. The food and drinks were all top quality. Entrees ranged from quesadillas to red snapper to paella and everything in between. Every dish was cooked perfectly. I really want to give the staff high kudos for taking very good care of us. We are a rowdy bunch and we were made to feel at home and very welcome. I highly recommend this location for your next get together!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas get togetherdisneyDined on 12/14/2013We had a group of 8 for dinner Sat. night. We ran into traffic getting there and I called to tell them we'd be late for our res. They told us not to worry, be careful and they'd see us when we got there, very nice! Waitress was very nice. Always there when we needed her. Food excellent and singer a plus. We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family gatheringCoppertopDined on 12/14/2013We had a large crowd and the service was fantastic. The food was also fantastic! It has been a favorite of one of our family members for quite some time and he wanted to share it with the rest of the family!Special Features:
- A Dozen for LunchPickyPeteDined on 12/13/2013La Calle Doce serves solid Tex-Mex and seafood in a comfortable East Dallas neighborhood setting. We brought 12 people for lunch recently. The service was prompt and attentive and everyone enjoyed their food and the setting. The noise level was completely acceptable - excepting perhaps the 12 of us! We will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More thanWiserolderDined on 11/16/2013More than just Tex-Mex...excellent seafood choices and the paella was superb.Special Features:
- Fabulous FajitasRia619Dined on 8/3/2013My friends and I came here before heading out to a concert at Fair Park. The service was excellent. And the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Gathering SpotDawson64VIPDined on 7/27/2013A group of us went there before the play at Tennyson park. Everything worked out beautifully and we were full as ticks when we arrived for the play!!! What a great kickstart!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice, but . . . .CliffVIPDined on 6/18/2013We went on a Tuesday night. We have not been here since before the fire! The new space is very nice . . . lots of natural light . . . a great ambience. Our waitress was wonderful. My husband really loved the food . . . he enjoyed the fish soup that is served as a complimentary appetizer, but I didn't care for it. He raved about the guacamole (best ever! he said) and the shrimp al mojo de ajo. But I was very disappointed in my fish (also al mojo de ajo). The sauce was delicious, but the fish was rather chewy, not what I expected. It didn't taste fishy or anything, just overcooked. Or perhaps it was not the huachinango (red snapper) that was on the menu . . . it tasted more like amberjack. We'll go back, but I will order something else!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but...CheleDined on 5/23/2013Our server had too many tables. She was good, but we had empty glasses and had to wait for our check and to get our credit card back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food,JohnDined on 5/11/2013Outstanding food and the portions are large, no one left hungrySpecial Features:
- Good food Great service araulito0081Dined on 5/10/2013Good food Great service a bit crowded which is ok beeing that it was Mothers day overall Great experience. Note if you make reservation make sure you are there on time. It's a busy place and they will give your table away. Although, the manager did do all he could to get us seated. O and come hungry the parillada for2 is a lot food.Special Features:
- Prefer Oak Cliff locationDowntownJRDined on 4/16/2013Prefer Oak Cliff location - far more consistent, livelier atmosphere
- The waiter did not get ourOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/6/2013The waiter did not get our order correct...we ordered grilled on 2 plates and received blackened. The complimentary soup had a bad odor to it. The food was not good and it was very expensive. We all became nauseated later in the afternoon. I would not go back to this place nor would I recommend it. The personnel were friendly and tried to help but the food was so bad that the one plus could not make up for the negatives.
- Nice neighborhood restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2013Nice neighborhood restaurant. Service was great and the food was very good. Our friends live in the area and mentioned that they'd found a new favorite restaurant. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- No reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/22/2013I've been here a few times and it's always a great experience. Amazing Mexican Seafoodfood! The original location in Oakcliff is just as great. However, Friday night we did have a reservation through Open Table and it wasn't accepted. The wait wasn't bad but it was pointless to make the reservation.... the guy just shook his head "no." I think it was the manager by his attire. Other than that it was a charming experience and the people I took loved it.Special Features:
- From the reviews I thoughtOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013From the reviews I thought this would be foodie type fare. The food was good but did not have that well balanced finish. It was as though they were good recipies executed by medocre cooks. The mixed vegetables had a great selection of vegies (6/7) and were well prepared. The flan was tasty but much more dense than Iwould consider typical.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/10/2013Had a great time there. The guitar guy made this a memorable visit. Their food was great and tasty, with lots of margaritas.Special Features:
- Wonderful Rooftop Lunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/30/2013What a find! The pork chops are amazing and the chile relleno was the freshest I've ever had. Great salsa verde, authentic liquadas, and super delicious ceviche. It's a beautiful view of the city from the rooftop. The staff was accommodating but was obviously "in the weeds." A very nice find!Special Features:
- There were 4 in our group.JohnJDined on 1/2/2013There were 4 in our group. The fish and seafood were cooked perfectly for all. Service was outstanding. Food was very good, but I should have listened to the waiter as when he said something was spicy (El Diablo), it was very spicy! Only disappointment was the margarita mix (too sour).Special Features:
- Unacceptable....OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2012A nice, quiet room for New Years Eve - exactly what we were looking for. However, that was where the expected part of the evening ended. The margaritas (peach & sangria) were totally bland and couldn't have held More than a drop or two of tequila. The queseo was barely more than A bit of melted cheese. The catfish fillet was over cooked, almost inedible. The tilapia with sautéed peppers, onions & cilantro was barely warm, although the veggies were acceptable. The only redeeming part of the meal was the cheesecake - a huge chunk of perfectly made Heaven. This was our 1st visit to this neighborhood spot...and we won't return.
- My sister recommend La CalleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012My sister recommend La Calle Doce. It's a favorite of hers. I think now it's a favorite if ours, too. We looooooved the ceviche. My husband really liked the fish tacos. Margarita went down easy and we ordered flan and coffee, too. We will be back sooner rather than later, I hope. Thank you.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2012the service was excellent - gracias a Cecilia--, the fish soup delicate with a nice chunk of fish for added flavor. the three amigos fish tacos were generously filled with perfectly seasoned fish and the slaw was refreshing. the sopapilla for dessert was the best i've had anywhere--topped with the perfect combination of sugar and cinnamon.
- Excellent food and service...secondOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/12/2012Excellent food and service...second time to visit and have enjoyed both timesSpecial Features:
- Food was fantastic. The wifeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2012Food was fantastic. The wife and I celebrated our first anniversary there and each course was phenomenal! Waitstaff was attentive and polite.Special Features:
- Our waitress did not haveDinnerByReservationVIPDined on 9/14/2012Our waitress did not have a good command of English so we ended up with drinks that we did not intend. The food was not particularly tasty or well seasoned. For example, the chicken tacos consisted of shredded chicken in a folded and deep fried tortilla, period. Of course, the three tacos were smothered with shaved lettuce and shredded cheese.Tortilla soup lacked the smooth consistency that makes it special. Instead, we received a broth like soup with lots of fried tortilla strips on top.
- Don't miss!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2012Incredible food! It was recommended by a Dallas local, and we were very happy foodies as a result! (Maria Dominguez, our reference, ROCKS!) We recommended it to our fellow travelers, and we will definitely be back! Parallada de Mariscos and Vuelve a la Vida!! Muy Bueno...muy rico!Special Features: