La Caille Restaurant
9565 Wasatch Blvd
Sandy, UT 84092Neighborhood:
Holladay / Midvale / Sandy / Union
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
La Caille Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lacaille.com/
- Phone: 8019421751x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch 10:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday Dinner 4:00pm - 8:00pm
Saturday Brunch 10:00am - 2:00pm (beginning May 10th)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Billy Sotelo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: La Caille specializes in well-executed corporate events, spectacular weddings and perfect private parties from 15 - 600 people. We look forward to creating a unique event that will exceed your expectations. Please call or email us to start planning your next gathering.
A word from La Caille Restaurant
La Caille is Utah's premier luxury dining experience. Located on 20 acres of Salt Lake's most coveted Little Cottonwood Canyon property, La Caille's grounds offer breathtaking views, manicured gardens, canyon rivers, lush vineyards, winding brick lanes and authentic French decor. La Caille itself is housed in an 18th century French-inspired Chateau. Guests dine in one of three unique dining rooms and, during summer months, on one of our three spectacular patios. La Caille is a twelve-year AAA Four-Diamond Award recipient and our contemporary French menu and service has earned praise nationwide. La Caille is also a destination restaurant for wine lovers, offering over 850 selections alongside its extensive list of liquors and inspired cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
La Caille Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Holladay / Midvale / Sandy / Union ›
La Caille Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (44)romantic (34)scenic view (31)great for outdoor dining (30)great for brunch (20)notable wine list (18)fit for foodies (15)neighborhood gem (13)good for groups (13)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Remembering the old La Cailledisappointed1Dined on 12/24/2013My family was excited to visit La Caille for our Christmas Eve dinner as we've done in the past. The grounds and ambiance did not disappoint, still unique and amazing. The experience beyond that however, was night and day from the old La Caille. Waitresses were not breathtaking in their new modest attire and service lacked the attention to detail of the former restaurant. The menu was limited due to the holiday and the choices were traditional without the flare of the old La Caille. The meal itself was good, but not great as we had come to expect of the SLC gem. All in all, would not recommend for those who knew and loved the old La Caille.
- Great Date PlacekimberlyVIPDined on 12/24/2013If you want to make an impression on a first date take her or him to La Caille. You wil get great service with personal attention.Special Features:
- Romantic EveningDaveDined on 12/23/2013I wanted to take my wife for a romantic evening and it was great. Our first time and we will go back for special occasions. The grounds have so many things to see. The restaurant rooms have such good décor and themes. The food was wonderfully prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soCarlaVIPDined on 12/23/2013Service started off fine, but our server got busy with other bigger tables before our entrees came. He didn't even check back to see whether our food was okay. My husband ordered the bouillbaisse based on his recommendation & was disappointed with it. Oh well.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/22/2013I've enjoyed dinner here before as well. This was my first experience with breakfast. Only suggestion is for a few more options. Menu was a little limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The new La Caille!JLDCEOVIPDined on 12/21/2013If you are like me and have always found La Caille to be all ambience and little in the way of quality food, you need to go back. The new French trained chef is dynamite! The dinner I had was the best I've ever had at La Caille and this guy might just get them back to the elite status they've lost. The escargot preparation was very unusual and not for traditionalists but the creativity and flavor off the charts! The fish (trout and sea bass) was tender, perfectly cooked and full of flavor. We did not have dessert but it looked fabulous. Try La Caille!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic EveningRICKDined on 12/20/2013THE EVENING WAS EXCEPTIONAL. FROM THE CAR DROP OFF, TO SEATING, TO THE MEAL AND SERVICE. EACH OF THE STAFF WERE PERSONAL, PROFESSIONAL AND IN BEING SO, SIGNIFICANTLY ADDED TO THE DINNING EXPERIENCE. THE TABLE WE REQUESTED WAS PROVIDED. I WAS A VERY SPECIAL EVENING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!Anniversary22Dined on 12/19/2013The food at La Caille was amazing! Highly recommend it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This has been my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/15/2013This has been my favorite place for brunch for years. simply because of te creme brulee french toast. I came here today to celebrate my birthday, and the menu had changed. I didn't even really look at the french toast on the menu, I just ordered, because it is my favorite thing and you can only get it here. When my plate came out, I was so dissapointed. It was just basic french toast, no creme brulee french toast bake. =( I'm dissappoint as even though the french toast was good, it is french toast that I could order anywhereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went during the ChristmasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2013We went during the Christmas holiday and the scenery was outstanding with the lights and mood. The service was slow but helpful. The food was good but way overpriced. I would't go back
- Continues to impress81538AALDined on 12/7/2013La Caille has a reputation with those I know who suggest food quality and taste has been marginal over the years. To choose La Caille for dining is a ticket to paying for ambiance only. It's unfortunate because the times we've been have always exceeded expectations. They are acutely focused on the food taste and it shows. The menu has something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Supurb Dining ExperienceRossDined on 12/7/2013We celebrated our 51st wedding anniversary at La Caille. They honored our request for a special table and the entire evening was superb with great food, excellent service and a surprise free dessert at the end. We would recommend this restaurant for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and excellent servicNoclamsandotheringredientVIPDined on 12/1/2013we had our Sunday brunch at La Caille and it was marvellous. we thoroughly enjoyed the calm atmosphere with wait staff very accomodating and eager to please. when we pulled over to the vallet parking, they greeted us with our reservation names. we were treated like royalty and we thoroughly enjoyed our last day of the thanks giving break!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!kimberlyVIPDined on 11/28/2013Thanksgiving has never been easier! Great food and they even let you take home the left overs!Special Features:
- Last visit was much better.RainyDined on 11/28/2013Last visit was much better. The waitress was very slow and her service not up to par.Special Features:
- ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/28/2013Everything was wonderful and so appreciated. Thank you so much for a memorable meal. Our waitresses were darling, attentive, fast and very kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thanksgiving DinnerHappyDined on 11/28/2013The food was fabulous, and just the right amount was served. The restaurant was very busy -- and the service a little slow. The atmosphere was great -- a little noisy at one table. Could not have had a better experience for a Thanksgiving meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Longer IncredibleSkidogDined on 11/26/2013LaCaille is one of those places you expect an incredible French environment with equally incredible food and service. The food was good - not great; the service was good - not great. When we drove up the long beautiful driveway expecting to be met by a valet, we instead met a parking attendant to show us where to park. He explained they were having an event. They eventually did valet park us. But, we found kids and parents running around the grounds - so much for the ambience. The restaurant was almost empty - I now know why. It seems to me that LaCaille has lost its specialness. It feels like the owners have tried to make it appeal to a broader audience resulting it the loss of its once incredible specialness.Special Features:
- Very Romantic SpotjeeniasDined on 11/26/2013Perfect location for a romantic get-away. We enjoyed the grounds after dinner with a stroll and some hot chocolate. The Christmas lights were beautiful. The food and wine were OUTSTANDING. Family members warned us that we had selected an expensive place for dinner. We are from Seattle and understand the value of fine dining. We were very pleased with the ambience, service, wine and food. We would return here when visiting Salt Lake in the future and recommend this very nice restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/21/2013This was a celebration dinner. We looked forward to with excitement knowing La Caille's reputation. The grounds and building are just stunning. The service was great, but the food was so disappointing. Appetizers, salad were mediocre at best. Entree's were so disappointing. I am sad to say that I will not be tempted to return and the days of La Caille being above the rest are long gone.
- Good for groups!LorikDined on 11/19/2013I worked with the restaurant to set up a semi-private room for a retirement party for one of my employees. We had about 20 people. They gave us a very nice private room away from the rest of the guests and it worked out beautifully. We also developed a limited menu that made cost control and service more efficient. The services was outstanding from our 4 'helpers'. It was a very relaxed and memorable experience for our retiree. (Its always too expensive but I'll live with that for the beautiful setting and good service that we get).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food close bykimberlyVIPDined on 11/16/2013La Caille has a new chef and we were worried about trying out someone new. He did an outstanding job! The food was better than better.Special Features:
- Excellent!brentVIPDined on 11/15/2013We had a great time. The food was superb, the service was great and we really enjoyed ourselves. It was a little bit chilly by the window that we sat at, but other than that, we had a wonderful experience at La Caille. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great ambiance.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/13/2013Great food. Great ambiance. Great Menu. Be prepared to take some time, you're not getting out of there in less than 2 hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Culinary Gem!SelfiefoodieVIPDined on 11/10/2013We thoroughly enjoyed this French restaurant: the menu was great, the wait staff's garb perfectly fit the ambiance! The food was awesome!!! looked great, smelled great...tasted great!!! Never expected to find such a gem in a residential area!! The grounds were also nice ...not sure if it is used for special events but I can bet!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in La QuailleSaltLakeDinerDined on 11/2/2013Went to La Quaille after reading that it was undergoing a change in management. We were disappointed in the entire experience. Don't plan on returning or recommending it to others. Such a gorgeous place, so disappointed.
- Brunch menu needs reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/27/2013Not enough breakfast like items on the menu for brunch, not enough options period. They did cook the stake perfectly I would consider eating dinner there maybe.
- WOW - What a Dream...luv2wineanddineVIPDined on 10/25/2013Talk about a FULL dining experience. We got there a bit early and was cordially met by the valet who graciously greeted us. We stepped into the quaint bar for a cocktail and met some fantastic folks visiting from 4 different states. At our designated reservation time we were then escorted to a lovely table upstairs in a most beautifully decorated dining room. It was warm, cozy and so majestically dream like. We ate slowly - tasting every morsel and enjoying every drop... Dinner service was just delightful and the Irish Coffee served FLAMBE table side was definitely a signature feature. Afterwards we took a brief stroll about the yard taking in the magical sights and sounds. it was four of the best hours dining ever! THANK YOU!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite place for a romantic date.piggywiggy11Dined on 10/25/2013My fiance and I come here a couple times a year and it is always great. The food is absolutely phenomenal. My favorite is the lamb. Another thing I love about this place is the pace of the meal. It gives you a chance to relax and relish in the beautiful scenery and the specialness of dining at La Caille. We love taking walks around the grounds in between courses. I would recommend everyone try this place at least once.Special Features:
- Overall, the experience wasLorikDined on 10/15/2013Overall, the experience was fabulous. But this has always been one of my favorite spots; not for the food as much as the setting. The food and menu selection has greatly improved from past years, though in the last month or so I understand they are under new management and they got rid of the Prix Fixe menu which was my favorite option. Almost everything we had this time from the appetizers through the desserts was wonderful except the tenderloin steak. Tasted 'old'. But they did the right thing and took it off the bill and we were satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An expensive breakfastsmpjrkDined on 10/13/2013We were surprised that so few people were in the restaurant for a Sunday brunch, but when we saw the prices on the menu the question was answered.Special Features:
- Great serviceBakeretteJenDined on 10/12/2013We chose La Caille to celebrate our anniversary. The service was great. The atmosphere was amazing. The restaurant was accommodating. However, we felt the food was only fair. I am vegetarian and there were no vegetarian entree options. They did, however, whip up a vegetarian dish for me which was very accommodating, but I would still give it a fair rating. My husband enjoyed his rack of lamb, but didn't think it was outstanding for the price we paid. The presentation was lovely, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dining experience...din42Dined on 10/11/2013I have taken my wife to a lot of fine dining establishments throughout the United States and around the world. It has been a few days since dining at La Caille and she is still astonished by the experience. I have never seen her this excited about other dining experiences. If she is happy, I am very happy. It was everything I could imagined for a perfect night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not what it used to beTeamTaylorDined on 10/11/2013We enjoyed dinner at La Caille with friends on Friday. The food was good, the service good, but it lacked a little of the personality we used to enjoy there.Special Features:
- Beautiful Place Needs Better Food!SwestDined on 10/6/2013La Caille is a beautiful setting. We had brunch and found food was only fair. It was bland and the coffee was lukewarm. For the price this food should have been really 'stand-out'. Also, our waiter had to come back and confirm our order for four people and it was wrong when brought to the table. It was a little unorganized. The swans are nice!Special Features:
- Much improved LaCaillesnowdyDined on 10/6/2013Haven't been here in over 2 years. I always loved the ambiance, but the bad food for the price was not worth it. It just continued going "down hill" through the years. I can happily say that the food was delicious and LaCaille has returned to it's once place as a premier dining place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd anniversarySeptemberdovesDined on 9/29/2013everything was impeccable and seemed made from scratch. I requested to change my potatoes for fruit and was given a very large portion of fruit at no extra charge. Everyone was very personable and we were able to take several pictures. Our server was so nice and was able to be at our table very time we needed without intruding. And at the end of the meal we received a complementary small baked Alaska with a sparkler candle on top to celebrate our anniversary! We enjoyed it só much we have already invited a group of friends and family to plan a time to go back as a group since the prices seemed reasonable to us for the ambiance and food. (About $34/person) afterwards we were able to walk the grounds and go home very happy with the occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyjeanegenieVIPDined on 9/24/2013This was my second time visiting La Caille. Again I was impressed with the service and the atmosphere. The food was superb! I visited the bar this time and found it was as enchating as the rest of the grounds. Wonderful ambiance and fabulous service.Special Features:
- vastly improvedjms0331Dined on 9/8/2013The food was much better then last time we were there. The change of management has been a good thing. They always had excellent service and ambiance. The only downside that even though the wine list is good, it is overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In the middle of a weddingbirthdaygirlDined on 9/6/2013Unfortunately, we were seated next to a wedding that was taking place on a patio below us. The wedding itself was not a problem, but the wedding party was lined up right beside our table. If we had know that was going to happen, we definitely would have requested to be seated somewhere else. However, the wedding activities began after our meal orders had been placed and we had been served our first course. Our special event was less than ideal and did not feel very special.Special Features: