La Caille Restaurant
9565 Wasatch Blvd
Sandy, UT 84092Neighborhood:
Holladay / Midvale / Sandy / Union
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
La Caille Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lacaille.com/
- Phone: (801) 942-1751
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch 10:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday Dinner 4:00pm - 8:00pm
Saturday Brunch 10:00am - 2:00pm (beginning May 10th)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Billy Sotelo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: La Caille specializes in well-executed corporate events, spectacular weddings and perfect private parties from 15 - 600 people. We look forward to creating a unique event that will exceed your expectations. Please call or email us to start planning your next gathering.
A word from La Caille Restaurant
La Caille is Utah's premier luxury dining experience. Located on 20 acres of Salt Lake's most coveted Little Cottonwood Canyon property, La Caille's grounds offer breathtaking views, manicured gardens, canyon rivers, lush vineyards, winding brick lanes and authentic French decor. La Caille itself is housed in an 18th century French-inspired Chateau. Guests dine in one of three unique dining rooms and, during summer months, on one of our three spectacular patios. La Caille is a twelve-year AAA Four-Diamond Award recipient and our contemporary French menu and service has earned praise nationwide. La Caille is also a destination restaurant for wine lovers, offering over 850 selections alongside its extensive list of liquors and inspired cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
La Caille Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Holladay / Midvale / Sandy / Union ›
La Caille Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (43)romantic (37)scenic view (36)notable wine list (21)great for outdoor dining (20)fit for foodies (19)great for brunch (17)good for groups (12)neighborhood gem (11)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Perfect Place for a Special EventWestieRulesVIPDined on 1/11/2014We went to SLC to see my son for some skiing and a belated holiday celebration. La Caille was the perfect place for our holiday dinner. Fabulous location; excellent service and the food was way better than expected, given some of the modest reviews. I have had the good fortune of dining in the some of the world's most famous places, and for special event La Caille is as good as any.Special Features:
- Lovely atmosphere but overpricedKimicanDined on 1/11/2014We hadn't been to La Caille in many years even though we live around the corner. Decided to give it another try since they have new owners and a new chef. The ambience was wonderful as always, but the food is still overpriced. I ordered two appetizers and a salad. The escargots were delicious and the Coquilles St. Jacques were tasty as well, but the portions were very small. We took our own wine, so I can't comment on the wine list. It's a nice spot for a special occasion, but expect to pay a lot for atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor expensive disappointing mealJeanDined on 1/11/2014On the menu I saw nothing appealing in the appetizers-just the usual tired French fare, nothing fresh or innovative. The bread basket arrived and the so called crackers were soggy and the bread was stale. We ended up splitting a salad. We'd told the waitress that we intended to split it. She brought the entire salad on one plate and to split it she brought a tiny plate and we were to do the division ourselves. It was supposed to have walnuts in it but the pieces were few and tiny. Salad was the highlight of the meal. I ordered the chicken. For $36 I expected something tasty and juicy. It was tough and overcooked and came with a little wet rice and 2 huge carrots...the savoy cabbage was good. The décor is special but we won't be going back.
- The lamb was the best mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014The lamb was the best meal I've had there yet! Great job on dinner Saturday night.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant ! Love it!NoclamsandotheringredientVIPDined on 1/5/2014This is our 4th time at La Caille, and our 3rd Sunday Brunch. The food was amazing as usual. Valet excellent as expected. The service was great but it wasn't as outstanding as it was other times we have been here. It seems that they are understaffed on this day we went - 1/5/14.Special Features:
- Expensive, but Great foodCamp4RichDined on 12/28/2013Very pricey, but great quality of food, all courses were excellent, my least favorite was the main course duck, but it was still very good. Would have liked choice of table by fireplace or window, instead of kind of in open corner. Service was quick, enjoyed our experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some very good and some not so goodMountainJohnVIPDined on 12/28/2013The gnochi portion that my son had was ridiculouly small and the size of an appetizer at best. The chicken that I had was lacking a sauce. The rack of lamb and the beef tenderloin (pricey at $56.00) were both excellent as was the bananas foster desert. Overall the food is not worth the price point but the setting is something remarkable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Merry merry ChristmasSkelleyVIPDined on 12/25/2013We had a party of 10 there .Christmas day what a delicious meal and great service we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better and better.......JohnDVIPDined on 12/25/2013La Caille used to be a place you could impress a date or business associate with just the ambiance and visual appeal; the food was good but not great, as was the service. My wife and I had a delightful dinner at La Caille; this is the second time for us since the restaurant has been under new ownership and the change is a welcome one. We both thought the food and service impeccable and we're putting it back on our list of 'must do's' for the holidays. Nicely done everyone.Special Features:
- Great X mas DinnerNoclamsandotheringredientVIPDined on 12/25/2013We had a fanatastic Christmas meal for 2013. The price was great and the service was outstanding. Even the fellow diners were very pleasant and offered to take our family Christmas photosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice 2013 Christmas DinnerDianeDined on 12/25/2013Very enjoyable celebration during our annual ski trip in Utah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelent ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/24/2013This is my favorite restaurant in SLC. The food is great, and reasonably priced. It has an excellent wine list. The staff is also the right mix of friendly, but professional service. Totally one must go if you are in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They served the 1st courseJGrayVIPDined on 12/24/2013They served the 1st course before the appetizer. The appetizer showed after we complained. The food was served on unwashed cheese boards. Flowers I ordered were not on the table until I asked for them. The card was not included but was given the card after we complained. I could go on but suffice to say it was the worst experience I have had in a long time.Special Features:
- Remembering the old La Cailledisappointed1Dined on 12/24/2013My family was excited to visit La Caille for our Christmas Eve dinner as we've done in the past. The grounds and ambiance did not disappoint, still unique and amazing. The experience beyond that however, was night and day from the old La Caille. Waitresses were not breathtaking in their new modest attire and service lacked the attention to detail of the former restaurant. The menu was limited due to the holiday and the choices were traditional without the flare of the old La Caille. The meal itself was good, but not great as we had come to expect of the SLC gem. All in all, would not recommend for those who knew and loved the old La Caille.
- Great Date PlacekimberlyVIPDined on 12/24/2013If you want to make an impression on a first date take her or him to La Caille. You wil get great service with personal attention.Special Features:
- Romantic EveningDaveDined on 12/23/2013I wanted to take my wife for a romantic evening and it was great. Our first time and we will go back for special occasions. The grounds have so many things to see. The restaurant rooms have such good décor and themes. The food was wonderfully prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soCarlaVIPDined on 12/23/2013Service started off fine, but our server got busy with other bigger tables before our entrees came. He didn't even check back to see whether our food was okay. My husband ordered the bouillbaisse based on his recommendation & was disappointed with it. Oh well.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/22/2013I've enjoyed dinner here before as well. This was my first experience with breakfast. Only suggestion is for a few more options. Menu was a little limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The new La Caille!JLDCEOVIPDined on 12/21/2013If you are like me and have always found La Caille to be all ambience and little in the way of quality food, you need to go back. The new French trained chef is dynamite! The dinner I had was the best I've ever had at La Caille and this guy might just get them back to the elite status they've lost. The escargot preparation was very unusual and not for traditionalists but the creativity and flavor off the charts! The fish (trout and sea bass) was tender, perfectly cooked and full of flavor. We did not have dessert but it looked fabulous. Try La Caille!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic EveningRICKDined on 12/20/2013THE EVENING WAS EXCEPTIONAL. FROM THE CAR DROP OFF, TO SEATING, TO THE MEAL AND SERVICE. EACH OF THE STAFF WERE PERSONAL, PROFESSIONAL AND IN BEING SO, SIGNIFICANTLY ADDED TO THE DINNING EXPERIENCE. THE TABLE WE REQUESTED WAS PROVIDED. I WAS A VERY SPECIAL EVENING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!Anniversary22Dined on 12/19/2013The food at La Caille was amazing! Highly recommend it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This has been my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/15/2013This has been my favorite place for brunch for years. simply because of te creme brulee french toast. I came here today to celebrate my birthday, and the menu had changed. I didn't even really look at the french toast on the menu, I just ordered, because it is my favorite thing and you can only get it here. When my plate came out, I was so dissapointed. It was just basic french toast, no creme brulee french toast bake. =( I'm dissappoint as even though the french toast was good, it is french toast that I could order anywhereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went during the ChristmasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2013We went during the Christmas holiday and the scenery was outstanding with the lights and mood. The service was slow but helpful. The food was good but way overpriced. I would't go back
- Continues to impress81538AALDined on 12/7/2013La Caille has a reputation with those I know who suggest food quality and taste has been marginal over the years. To choose La Caille for dining is a ticket to paying for ambiance only. It's unfortunate because the times we've been have always exceeded expectations. They are acutely focused on the food taste and it shows. The menu has something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Supurb Dining ExperienceRossDined on 12/7/2013We celebrated our 51st wedding anniversary at La Caille. They honored our request for a special table and the entire evening was superb with great food, excellent service and a surprise free dessert at the end. We would recommend this restaurant for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and excellent servicNoclamsandotheringredientVIPDined on 12/1/2013we had our Sunday brunch at La Caille and it was marvellous. we thoroughly enjoyed the calm atmosphere with wait staff very accomodating and eager to please. when we pulled over to the vallet parking, they greeted us with our reservation names. we were treated like royalty and we thoroughly enjoyed our last day of the thanks giving break!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!kimberlyVIPDined on 11/28/2013Thanksgiving has never been easier! Great food and they even let you take home the left overs!Special Features:
- Last visit was much better.RainyDined on 11/28/2013Last visit was much better. The waitress was very slow and her service not up to par.Special Features:
- ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/28/2013Everything was wonderful and so appreciated. Thank you so much for a memorable meal. Our waitresses were darling, attentive, fast and very kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thanksgiving DinnerHappyDined on 11/28/2013The food was fabulous, and just the right amount was served. The restaurant was very busy -- and the service a little slow. The atmosphere was great -- a little noisy at one table. Could not have had a better experience for a Thanksgiving meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Longer IncredibleSkidogDined on 11/26/2013LaCaille is one of those places you expect an incredible French environment with equally incredible food and service. The food was good - not great; the service was good - not great. When we drove up the long beautiful driveway expecting to be met by a valet, we instead met a parking attendant to show us where to park. He explained they were having an event. They eventually did valet park us. But, we found kids and parents running around the grounds - so much for the ambience. The restaurant was almost empty - I now know why. It seems to me that LaCaille has lost its specialness. It feels like the owners have tried to make it appeal to a broader audience resulting it the loss of its once incredible specialness.Special Features:
- Very Romantic SpotjeeniasDined on 11/26/2013Perfect location for a romantic get-away. We enjoyed the grounds after dinner with a stroll and some hot chocolate. The Christmas lights were beautiful. The food and wine were OUTSTANDING. Family members warned us that we had selected an expensive place for dinner. We are from Seattle and understand the value of fine dining. We were very pleased with the ambience, service, wine and food. We would return here when visiting Salt Lake in the future and recommend this very nice restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/21/2013This was a celebration dinner. We looked forward to with excitement knowing La Caille's reputation. The grounds and building are just stunning. The service was great, but the food was so disappointing. Appetizers, salad were mediocre at best. Entree's were so disappointing. I am sad to say that I will not be tempted to return and the days of La Caille being above the rest are long gone.
- Good for groups!LorikDined on 11/19/2013I worked with the restaurant to set up a semi-private room for a retirement party for one of my employees. We had about 20 people. They gave us a very nice private room away from the rest of the guests and it worked out beautifully. We also developed a limited menu that made cost control and service more efficient. The services was outstanding from our 4 'helpers'. It was a very relaxed and memorable experience for our retiree. (Its always too expensive but I'll live with that for the beautiful setting and good service that we get).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food close bykimberlyVIPDined on 11/16/2013La Caille has a new chef and we were worried about trying out someone new. He did an outstanding job! The food was better than better.Special Features:
- Excellent!brentVIPDined on 11/15/2013We had a great time. The food was superb, the service was great and we really enjoyed ourselves. It was a little bit chilly by the window that we sat at, but other than that, we had a wonderful experience at La Caille. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great ambiance.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/13/2013Great food. Great ambiance. Great Menu. Be prepared to take some time, you're not getting out of there in less than 2 hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Culinary Gem!SelfiefoodieVIPDined on 11/10/2013We thoroughly enjoyed this French restaurant: the menu was great, the wait staff's garb perfectly fit the ambiance! The food was awesome!!! looked great, smelled great...tasted great!!! Never expected to find such a gem in a residential area!! The grounds were also nice ...not sure if it is used for special events but I can bet!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in La QuailleSaltLakeDinerDined on 11/2/2013Went to La Quaille after reading that it was undergoing a change in management. We were disappointed in the entire experience. Don't plan on returning or recommending it to others. Such a gorgeous place, so disappointed.
- Brunch menu needs reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/27/2013Not enough breakfast like items on the menu for brunch, not enough options period. They did cook the stake perfectly I would consider eating dinner there maybe.