La Bruschetta - Westwood
1621 Westwood Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90024Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
La Bruschetta - Westwood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lbwestwood.com/
- Phone: (310) 477-1052
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00PM - 2:00PM
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30PM - 10:00PM
Saturday & Sunday: 5:30PM - 9:30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Simple to Lavish, La Bruschetta Catering and Special Events have over 29 years of experience. We can provide platters of food to go, set up a casual but stylish buffet or cook onsite and staff a sit down dinner for 100.
Authentic Italian cuisine, 5 star service, tailored to meet your budget and exceed your expectations.
A word from La Bruschetta - Westwood
In business since 1984, La Bruschetta has won a loyal neighborhood following and has long been one of the more serious -- and relaxed -- places to dine close to Westwood Village. The simple yet handsome dining room works well for many occasions: it can be romantic, it suits the needs of business people and it is also an ideal restaurant to bring visiting relatives. The kitchen prepares a wide range of intriguing pasta dishes -- some hearty, some delicate, most of them noteworthy. Deftly prepared classic northern Italian entrées, most reasonably priced, range from veal scaloppine to osso buco.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
La Bruschetta - Westwood - Best Restaurants in Westwood ›
La Bruschetta - Westwood reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)special occasion (15)romantic (9)notable wine list (8)fit for foodies (8)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Pleasant Italian place w/ surly waiter.professionalmomDined on 11/24/2014A pleasant neighborhood Italian restaurant with good food. But the service left much to be desired. The chief waiter was surly. Not sure if he is always this way or was particularly unpleasant with our party because so many in our group were Asians who did not speak English as a first language. In any case, the restaurant management should look into this problem. The waiter's demeanor and attitude was downright insulting. Too bad, because the food is quite tasty, but this experience will make me reluctant to return. The underling waitstaff (busboy, etc.) were fine. The problem was with the lead waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellent food and service.N21PMVIPDined on 11/21/2014For the past three decades, we have come to La Bruschetta to entertain friends and overseas visitors. Food and service is consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeedyDined on 11/20/2014We always love it there. The staff is friendly and the owners are terrific!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La BruchettaFoodie49Dined on 11/9/2014Great neighborhood Italian. White table cloth but reasonably priced. I watch my carbs but to give you an idea that it's more than a spaghetti joint, my last meal was gnocchi in mascarpone and pesto. Probably my favorite on LA's WestsideSpecial Features:
- Take your UCLA student here!runnermomDined on 11/8/2014La Bruschetta is a lovely, neighborhood Italian restaurant that feels old-school in the very best way. Classic menu items, well-priced and delivered by professionals, allowed our party of four (which included 2 dining-hall-weary students) to share, talk and enjoy the evening. There was ample street parking available on a weekend night, and the restaurant was only a few minutes south of Westwood Village.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentN21PMVIPDined on 11/1/2014Our guests from SF was impressed with the wine selection, food and service. My wife and I have been dining at La Bruschetta for almost three decades. This is a friendly establishment with consistently excellent service and food. Over the years, we ask owner Angelo to select our red and it is always excellent and falls in our $50 price range. Another wonderful evening at La Bruschetta.Special Features:
- BeedyDined on 10/2/2014We love this place. It is a great neighborhood place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LA BRUSCHETTAattiVIPDined on 9/24/2014Always a pleasure to have dinner in this god Italian restaurant, going there since it opened.Special Features:
- Accomodating staffCandSDined on 9/21/2014We had a 9pm booking on a Sunday and were 10 minutes late with the kitchen closing. They welcomed us and served up a tasty meal. We will definitely return to this restaurant the next time we are in LA.Special Features:
- neighbordiner14Dined on 8/29/2014The owner was very accommodating when I returned my pasta (pesto) as I had put too much cheese on it causing it to be too salty. He substituted another dish (with pesto) which was delicious. He also gave us a complimentary dessert - rare to find such friendly service and professionalism these days. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nkr1234Dined on 8/11/2014servicec was extremely personable and attentive, food delicious and not noisy; would recommendSpecial Features:
- Great servicebusylawyermomDined on 8/8/2014We had never been to this restaurant before, even though it is close to home -- chose it because we had an open table gift card and it was on the list and we knew they could make our picky eater 8 year old plain pasta. The owner was welcoming and charming, and the waiter was wonderful, friendly, funny, chatty (but in a good way, like an old friend) -- the service was attentive but in-your-face, very old-school professional. All dishes ordered were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 120 reviews are from the La Bruschetta - Westwood reviews archive.
- HeidiOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/21/2014Excellent! This is my new favorite Westwood gem. I first went in after a medical appointment and was in a lot of pain. The staff and owner were all so compassionate, service and food were excellent. I've been back twice since then and each time was fabulous. I can't recall the last time I dined and everyone at the table completely cleaned their plate because all enjoyed the food rather than to small portions. I can't recommend one item over another. We've had the fish specials, farro salad, bratta, canneloni, lasagna... all great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- italianfoodieladyDined on 7/13/2014reliably good food and decent wine, nice service.....very easy, pleasant place to datSpecial Features:
- Fantastic Italian close to UCLASSDinerVIPDined on 7/11/2014Was visiting UCLA with daughter and rest of family and in the mood for Italian. This was my first time at the restaurant but easily at same level to best Italian I have eaten. Had elderly parents with us who are concerned about noisy places but ambience and noise level were perfect. Surprised and impressed with the reasonably priced wine list although you can bring your own with corkage fee. My only very minor gripe was plates were not as hot as I would like. Veal though was excellent as were all the starters we ordered. I will definitely go back next time I am at UCLA.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful GemLcissyDined on 6/28/2014A wonderful restaurant with great food. Will definitely be back soon! Excellent service.Special Features:
- Food & service excellentgrtexpectationDined on 6/20/2014Needed a group reservation and they were very accommodating. Everyone in the group really liked their food. Owner came over to greet us. Prices reasonable for LA and the quality. I would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2014Service : Excellent Food: Very Good Atmosphere : Excellent, Romantic, Quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation celebrationbbk59Dined on 6/15/2014After my son's graduation from UCLA we had a dinner with extended family to celebrate. Everything was great. They were extremely pleasant and helpful. They didn't rush us and they were flexible as the headcount changed a number of times during the weeks leading up to the event. The menu is pretty basic Italian - nothing too surprising. But everyone was pleased with the food and the wine, and I was very happy with the service, the location and the ambiance. It didn't seem as crowded as I would have expected, which was good because the noise level was very comfortable.Special Features:
- Fabulous!pghgirlVIPDined on 6/10/2014Loved this place. Food was absolutely excellent (salmon risotto and chicken raviolis), great service, can't say enough good things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AliciaVIPDined on 6/9/2014Love this place. Food is always great. service is great. No complaints at all.Special Features:
- Pasta PerfectCorianderDined on 6/8/2014When you want an evening to catch up with good friends, or discuss something of substance, La Bruschetta is the place to go. Quiet, cozy, impeccable service, starched linens and delectable pasta. Everything was great. Lemon ricotta cheese cake - a real treat. Also tiramisu earns at + moist and just the right texture. All in all, bravo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bravo Bruschetta!rkr1854Dined on 6/4/2014My wife and I consider Bruschetta a "find". Crowded or empty the service is stellar. Food presentation and taste superb. Great place to bring friends and business colleagues for excellent food and quiet conversation. If you are in Westwood, stop in. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- runpadDined on 5/30/2014Food was great, so was the service. Loved the eggplant.Special Features:
- always terrificGregVIPDined on 5/30/2014we have been dining here for years. Great menu. Great host. Great staff.Special Features:
- Wonderful Westwood gem!KathyCDined on 5/20/2014This family-owned restaurant makes you feel welcome and the most important person in the room. The food is wonderful Italian. The service is attentive without being obtrusive. Wonderful! Go there!Special Features:
- Best Italian food on the WestsideILoveItalyVIPDined on 5/12/2014La Bruschetta did not miss a trick. The fruite de mar salad was an absolute treat. The penne putanesca was al dente with a sauce that is unmatchable. The owner, Angelo, and his son, know how to make you feel instantly at home and will make virtually whatever you want, on or off the menu. Don't miss this one. It is the real deal. Joel FishmanSpecial Features:
- Solid choiceRockybarDined on 5/12/2014Food was good, service attentive. Love the wine rack atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for a business dinnerHeidiVIPDined on 5/7/2014Nice menu, tables spaced far enough apart for privacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste of ItalyrichDined on 5/4/2014Very good Italian food and the wine was excellent. The service was also good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LA BRUCHETTAattiVIPDined on 4/23/2014A very good place in Westwood with good food, very friendly service, moderate pricesSpecial Features:
- Lunch MenuSteveVIPDined on 4/8/2014La Bruschetta is a little pricey for lunch. It would be nice if they had a lunch menu. Spending over $ 30 per person is a bit steep.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good. The managementOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/26/2014The food was good. The management was welcoming. The noise level was low -- good for eating and talking. Very nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend!YaiYaiDined on 3/15/2014The food, as always, was delicious and beautifully served. The special mango/ shrimp salad was 2 salads for the 4 of us. We all cleaned our plates. The white fish special, ordered by 2 of us, was well received, as was the wild salmon. The veal was also delicious. It is a warm, comfortable, quiet neighborhood gem with attentive wait staff, easy access, a great wine collection and knowledgeable waiters to help with selection. We always enjoy this relaxed setting, knowing that the dinner will be wonderful and we will be taken care of while we are actually able to visit with our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Good FoodlabelmanceVIPDined on 3/13/2014If you want good Italian food in an adult, calm, civilized atmosphere, enjoy food, wine and conversation, this is one of the best on the Westside. The food is real, fair priced and straight forward, They are very accommodating on special orders, changing pastas, etc. No "chef attitude" to deal with.Special Features:
- Just wow!NikkikDined on 3/12/2014I have never been treated so well. The service was outstanding. The owner came to our table and then made sure to say goodbye. The host was outstanding. The food blew my mind. My fiance ordered the chicken ravioli, OUTSTANDING! The sauce was perfect, the prosciutto flavorful and the ravioli were the ideal size. I ordered a chicken sausage dish and the portion was larger than I thought. The sausage was great, the sauce had a bit of spice, the noodles were light. Finally, dessert was tiramisu and chocolate lava cake. I've never had tiramisu like this, I couldn't taste the coffee. I had it with an espresso which evened it out nicely. It was smooth, creamy, with a touch of chocolate. This place was outstanding. I can't wait to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with a wonderful staffFamily4dinnerfindDined on 3/6/2014We were there for the first time to celebrate our daughter's birthday. The night turned into an unforgettable dining experience. From the moment we walked in to the moment we left we were treated fantastically. Attention to every detail was the note of the evening. They knew everything about every dish. Were able to describe them in wonderful detail. And every dish we tried was better than the next. Even my foodie daughters were impressed with each dish they tried - the flavors all working together. The homemade pasta is like nothing we have ever had and their tomatoe sauce unbelievably delicious. I can't say enough about this place. Try it now -- you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- entertaining Chinese business peoplthefressersDined on 3/1/2014bread was stale and cold. Pinot Noir house wine was excellent. Portions adequate. and tasty not noisy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Italian in Westwood!KathyCDined on 2/20/2014This is a neighborhood gem. Wonderful food in a sophisticated, accessible setting. It's family-owned and it shows. The owners are there to recognize regulars and welcome new patrons as friends. No detail is overlooked. Make it your regular place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice Westwood dining SpotrhonachkaVIPDined on 2/19/2014Pleasant lunch but rather skimpy portions considering the price!Special Features: