La Bruschetta - Westwood
1621 Westwood Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90024Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
La Bruschetta - Westwood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lbwestwood.com/
- Phone: 3104771052x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00PM - 2:00PM
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30PM - 10:00PM
Saturday & Sunday: 5:30PM - 9:30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Simple to Lavish, La Bruschetta Catering and Special Events have over 29 years of experience. We can provide platters of food to go, set up a casual but stylish buffet or cook onsite and staff a sit down dinner for 100.
Authentic Italian cuisine, 5 star service, tailored to meet your budget and exceed your expectations.
A word from La Bruschetta - Westwood
In business since 1984, La Bruschetta has won a loyal neighborhood following and has long been one of the more serious -- and relaxed -- places to dine close to Westwood Village. The simple yet handsome dining room works well for many occasions: it can be romantic, it suits the needs of business people and it is also an ideal restaurant to bring visiting relatives. The kitchen prepares a wide range of intriguing pasta dishes -- some hearty, some delicate, most of them noteworthy. Deftly prepared classic northern Italian entrées, most reasonably priced, range from veal scaloppine to osso buco.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
La Bruschetta - Westwood - Best Restaurants in Westwood ›
La Bruschetta - Westwood reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (36)special occasion (20)fit for foodies (12)great for lunch (10)romantic (10)notable wine list (10)good for groups (9)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (3)great for brunch (3)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- neighbordiner14Dined on 8/29/2014The owner was very accommodating when I returned my pasta (pesto) as I had put too much cheese on it causing it to be too salty. He substituted another dish (with pesto) which was delicious. He also gave us a complimentary dessert - rare to find such friendly service and professionalism these days. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nkr1234Dined on 8/11/2014servicec was extremely personable and attentive, food delicious and not noisy; would recommendSpecial Features:
- Great servicebusylawyermomDined on 8/8/2014We had never been to this restaurant before, even though it is close to home -- chose it because we had an open table gift card and it was on the list and we knew they could make our picky eater 8 year old plain pasta. The owner was welcoming and charming, and the waiter was wonderful, friendly, funny, chatty (but in a good way, like an old friend) -- the service was attentive but in-your-face, very old-school professional. All dishes ordered were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeidiOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/21/2014Excellent! This is my new favorite Westwood gem. I first went in after a medical appointment and was in a lot of pain. The staff and owner were all so compassionate, service and food were excellent. I've been back twice since then and each time was fabulous. I can't recall the last time I dined and everyone at the table completely cleaned their plate because all enjoyed the food rather than to small portions. I can't recommend one item over another. We've had the fish specials, farro salad, bratta, canneloni, lasagna... all great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- italianfoodieladyDined on 7/13/2014reliably good food and decent wine, nice service.....very easy, pleasant place to datSpecial Features:
- Fantastic Italian close to UCLASSDinerVIPDined on 7/11/2014Was visiting UCLA with daughter and rest of family and in the mood for Italian. This was my first time at the restaurant but easily at same level to best Italian I have eaten. Had elderly parents with us who are concerned about noisy places but ambience and noise level were perfect. Surprised and impressed with the reasonably priced wine list although you can bring your own with corkage fee. My only very minor gripe was plates were not as hot as I would like. Veal though was excellent as were all the starters we ordered. I will definitely go back next time I am at UCLA.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful GemLcissyDined on 6/28/2014A wonderful restaurant with great food. Will definitely be back soon! Excellent service.Special Features:
- Food & service excellentgrtexpectationDined on 6/20/2014Needed a group reservation and they were very accommodating. Everyone in the group really liked their food. Owner came over to greet us. Prices reasonable for LA and the quality. I would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2014Service : Excellent Food: Very Good Atmosphere : Excellent, Romantic, Quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation celebrationbbk59Dined on 6/15/2014After my son's graduation from UCLA we had a dinner with extended family to celebrate. Everything was great. They were extremely pleasant and helpful. They didn't rush us and they were flexible as the headcount changed a number of times during the weeks leading up to the event. The menu is pretty basic Italian - nothing too surprising. But everyone was pleased with the food and the wine, and I was very happy with the service, the location and the ambiance. It didn't seem as crowded as I would have expected, which was good because the noise level was very comfortable.Special Features:
- Fabulous!pghgirlDined on 6/10/2014Loved this place. Food was absolutely excellent (salmon risotto and chicken raviolis), great service, can't say enough good things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AliciaVIPDined on 6/9/2014Love this place. Food is always great. service is great. No complaints at all.Special Features:
- Pasta PerfectCorianderDined on 6/8/2014When you want an evening to catch up with good friends, or discuss something of substance, La Bruschetta is the place to go. Quiet, cozy, impeccable service, starched linens and delectable pasta. Everything was great. Lemon ricotta cheese cake - a real treat. Also tiramisu earns at + moist and just the right texture. All in all, bravo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bravo Bruschetta!rkr1854Dined on 6/4/2014My wife and I consider Bruschetta a "find". Crowded or empty the service is stellar. Food presentation and taste superb. Great place to bring friends and business colleagues for excellent food and quiet conversation. If you are in Westwood, stop in. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- runpadDined on 5/30/2014Food was great, so was the service. Loved the eggplant.Special Features:
- always terrificGregVIPDined on 5/30/2014we have been dining here for years. Great menu. Great host. Great staff.Special Features:
- Wonderful Westwood gem!KathyCDined on 5/20/2014This family-owned restaurant makes you feel welcome and the most important person in the room. The food is wonderful Italian. The service is attentive without being obtrusive. Wonderful! Go there!Special Features:
- Best Italian food on the WestsideILoveItalyDined on 5/12/2014La Bruschetta did not miss a trick. The fruite de mar salad was an absolute treat. The penne putanesca was al dente with a sauce that is unmatchable. The owner, Angelo, and his son, know how to make you feel instantly at home and will make virtually whatever you want, on or off the menu. Don't miss this one. It is the real deal. Joel FishmanSpecial Features:
- Solid choiceRockybarDined on 5/12/2014Food was good, service attentive. Love the wine rack atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for a business dinnerHeidiDined on 5/7/2014Nice menu, tables spaced far enough apart for privacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 101 reviews are from the La Bruschetta - Westwood reviews archive.
- Taste of ItalyrichDined on 5/4/2014Very good Italian food and the wine was excellent. The service was also good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LA BRUCHETTAattiVIPDined on 4/23/2014A very good place in Westwood with good food, very friendly service, moderate pricesSpecial Features:
- Lunch MenuSteveVIPDined on 4/8/2014La Bruschetta is a little pricey for lunch. It would be nice if they had a lunch menu. Spending over $ 30 per person is a bit steep.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good. The managementOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/26/2014The food was good. The management was welcoming. The noise level was low -- good for eating and talking. Very nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend!YaiYaiDined on 3/15/2014The food, as always, was delicious and beautifully served. The special mango/ shrimp salad was 2 salads for the 4 of us. We all cleaned our plates. The white fish special, ordered by 2 of us, was well received, as was the wild salmon. The veal was also delicious. It is a warm, comfortable, quiet neighborhood gem with attentive wait staff, easy access, a great wine collection and knowledgeable waiters to help with selection. We always enjoy this relaxed setting, knowing that the dinner will be wonderful and we will be taken care of while we are actually able to visit with our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Good FoodlabelmanceVIPDined on 3/13/2014If you want good Italian food in an adult, calm, civilized atmosphere, enjoy food, wine and conversation, this is one of the best on the Westside. The food is real, fair priced and straight forward, They are very accommodating on special orders, changing pastas, etc. No "chef attitude" to deal with.Special Features:
- Just wow!NikkikDined on 3/12/2014I have never been treated so well. The service was outstanding. The owner came to our table and then made sure to say goodbye. The host was outstanding. The food blew my mind. My fiance ordered the chicken ravioli, OUTSTANDING! The sauce was perfect, the prosciutto flavorful and the ravioli were the ideal size. I ordered a chicken sausage dish and the portion was larger than I thought. The sausage was great, the sauce had a bit of spice, the noodles were light. Finally, dessert was tiramisu and chocolate lava cake. I've never had tiramisu like this, I couldn't taste the coffee. I had it with an espresso which evened it out nicely. It was smooth, creamy, with a touch of chocolate. This place was outstanding. I can't wait to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with a wonderful staffFamily4dinnerfindDined on 3/6/2014We were there for the first time to celebrate our daughter's birthday. The night turned into an unforgettable dining experience. From the moment we walked in to the moment we left we were treated fantastically. Attention to every detail was the note of the evening. They knew everything about every dish. Were able to describe them in wonderful detail. And every dish we tried was better than the next. Even my foodie daughters were impressed with each dish they tried - the flavors all working together. The homemade pasta is like nothing we have ever had and their tomatoe sauce unbelievably delicious. I can't say enough about this place. Try it now -- you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- entertaining Chinese business peoplthefressersDined on 3/1/2014bread was stale and cold. Pinot Noir house wine was excellent. Portions adequate. and tasty not noisy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Italian in Westwood!KathyCDined on 2/20/2014This is a neighborhood gem. Wonderful food in a sophisticated, accessible setting. It's family-owned and it shows. The owners are there to recognize regulars and welcome new patrons as friends. No detail is overlooked. Make it your regular place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice Westwood dining SpotrhonachkaDined on 2/19/2014Pleasant lunch but rather skimpy portions considering the price!Special Features:
- Post Valentine's Day dinner a hit!RokkahulababyDined on 2/15/2014Although we have lived blocks away from La Bruschetta for 15 years, we had never dined there and I'm glad we finally did. We were warmly greeted when we walked in and immediately seated which was nice. We were given menus and a wine list and then bruschetta was brought to the table, which I thought was a nice way to start our meal. I couldn't decide on a bottle of wine so we explained what we liked and asked our host to choose something that ended up being perfect (I even took a picture of the bottle so I could remember what it was). We shared a delicious burrata, beet and arugula salad which was followed by my shrimp fra diavolo (my favorite pasta dish) and the fish of the day. Thumbs up for service and food, can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Love La Brushetta!KimbafaceDined on 1/17/2014I had an excellent experience at this neighborhood gem that I have lived near for years but never tried. I especially appreciated the attentiveness of the staff and the overall hospitality. The wine list was impressive, the restaurant beautiful and the food delicate and delicious. (I especially recommend the mushroom timbale appetizer. Amazing!) My friend and I were there for several hours and the time just flew by. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/17/2014We came here to celebrate our daughter's 21st birthday. Our table for 8 was ready when we arrived. Our party included 3 children( 12,10 and 7). The staff was very friendly and made our children feel welcome. Everything we ordered was delicious: salads, pasta, fish, and dessert. 4 of us had wine that was marvelous. An overall memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely for a quiet conversation.YouOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/13/2014Lovely for a quiet conversation.You actually can hear the person across the table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent ItalianwonderfulVIPDined on 1/5/2014Fabulous food. Had incredible fish special with fresh, cooked perfectly veggies. Husband has pasta which was fresh, hand made. Everything was delicious. Wait staff was very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite placeJoanDined on 1/4/2014Have gone here for years. Always feel welcome and special. Food is tasty and appeals to different needs.Special Features:
- Great food -- as always...befreeVIPDined on 12/22/2013We sat down and I didn't know what I wanted to eat. The waiter, this time it was the owner's son, suggested a dish which sounded just perfect -- and it was! We always have a good meal at La Bruschetta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring me back to ItalyIdoLVIPDined on 12/10/2013Nice atmosphere and real Italian owner. Loves his customers and does everything to accommodate them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why can't all restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2013Why can't all restaurants be quiet like this one? Although the food wasn't all that great, I will go back bc it is a restaurant that you can actually have a conversation!Special Features: