489 Third Street
San Francisco, CA 94107Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.labriciola-sf.com/
- Phone: 415-512-0300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Fri 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday-Monday 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Friday-Saturday 5-10:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, European, Italian
- Executive Chef: Gian Luca Toschi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have a semi-private room that can accommodate up to 25 guests. In addition, we can accommodate larger parties in our main dining room. Please contact us to plan your event here!
- Private Party Contact: Rhiannon 415-512-0300
A word from La Briciola
Authentic Italian restaurant located in the heart of SOMA. Enjoy Northern Italian food in a cozy & intimate environment. We specialize in Tuscan and Piedmontese cuisine, serving a variety of home-made pastas in addition to traditional dishes Dalla Terra & Dal Mare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Briciola reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (45)romantic (34)fit for foodies (33)notable wine list (23)special occasion (21)good for groups (19)late-night find (4)great for lunch (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great authentic Neighborhood spotOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/25/2014A must for dining in a quiet place with great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in Somakenmin5VIPDined on 8/22/2014This to our delight was one of the best meals and most reasonable after eating at quite expensive other locations. The food was everything our waiter said it would be and better bSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as expectedVHung08VIPDined on 8/21/2014I've been here many times but this time the food was not as good as I remember. The ravioli was not as chewy and the sauce did not add enough flavor
- Old Country ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/21/2014The outside does not reflect the quality of what is inside. One in our party spoke Italian to the server, and our evening was off to a great start. The food was excellent and service was the same.Special Features:
- Great experienceOlivierMDined on 8/10/2014We were 14 and the service was impecable. The food was tasty and refined. We had a visiting Italian in the group and he was very happy with his meal. Need to say more ?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland with a touch of bitterness...AlexismynewBFFDined on 8/9/2014I posted this on Yelp and the owner Alex S. responded with personal insults. So I thought I'd share it here too. The food was mediocre at best. Uninspired and unoriginal menu, I'm shocked it has so many positive reviews. Vegetables looked and tasted like they came frozen in a bag. Cannelloni (crepe? I was told it was a crepe but I'm still not convinced) filling looked like it came out of a blender and was meant for baby food. Tomato sauce was watery and tasted like it was from a can. Very weird mix of people (not good weird, just awkward weird). Perhaps if you don't go out to eat often and are in town for a Giants game this will pass for a "fancy" dining experience. Otherwise, avoid.
- Good SOMA locationGrnMtnsDined on 8/5/2014Food was fine, not remarkable. Service good. Food came promptly. Good location for a nice meal before going to AT&T park. I'd go there again and expect to leave satisfied but not excited.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place near ATTAlfieDined on 8/5/2014This is a good place to stop by before an ATT park concert or ball game. Much more relaxed than the crowded places closely. Tasty food choices. Good service.Special Features:
- We keep coming backrudysfDined on 8/3/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants. Great food! Great Service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Pasta, A Great FindStampwifeDined on 7/26/2014I come from a big Italian family and rarely am pleased with the pasta in US Italian restaurants but I was very pleased with this lovely little restaurant. The service was terrific, the bread was the best we had in 5 SF dinners, the pasta was delicious and cooked just right. We will make it a point to go back anytime we visit SF!! Make a reservation and enjoy!Special Features:
- Completely disappointedBmxfoodieDined on 7/24/2014I saw this restaurant on yelp and decided to try it with my boyfriend after work for dinner. The only good part about the restaurant was the environment which was very quiet and calming. However, the food was a complete disappointment. I ordered the seafood risotto that consisted of squid ink, squid, and scallops. When the dish came out, it was very clear to me that the texture did not resemble a risotto at all. It tasted like they literally took rice and poured the squid ink over it... Awful. Also, the risotto consisted of only two small pieces of scallops. The dish was basically just rice. My boyfriend was equally as disappointed in the dish. We are definitely not going to recommend this place to our friends
- Delicious!SH1234Dined on 7/13/2014We had a party of 8 and everyone thought their dish was excellent. I had the Ravioli stuffed with ricotta and spinach. They were light and flavorful and the sauce was a perfect compliment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic home made pasta!LazyflamingoDined on 7/7/2014Warm welcome, friendly & professional service and delicious home made pastas and sauces! Recommended a very nice (and inexpensive) wine to accompany our dinner, and the Zuppa Contadina (tomato broth, chick peas, italian sausage and broccoli rabe) was one of the best soups I've ever had. Already reserved again for this weekend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT!italiangemVIPDined on 7/4/2014found this place on Open Table and took a chance: It was worth it! In an unlikely location (3rd St) we found this gem. I'll go back and take friends!Special Features:
- Fresh ideasJB100VIPDined on 7/4/2014Finally, a restaurant that offers something a little different! I had the seafood lasagna with swordfish, salmon and scallops. Delicious! Each of the four of us tried something different. The only disappointment was the scarcity of eggplant in the eggplant pasta dish. Overall, wonderful evening with excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Much SaltPlanetOfTheGrapesDined on 7/1/2014Although the restaurant was mostly empty, we were seated next to a large, noisy party, and had to ask to be reseated. Both my date and I had (different) salads that we didn't finish. The dressing on mine tasted like olive oil with tons of salt. My date's salad was a large bowl of greens with 1 TINY cherry tomato cut in half. He commented that the only thing on his salad was oil. (No parmesan, no pepper, no herbs.) The gnocchi special was okay (I split them with my date, and he shared his chicken with me), but the veggies that came with the chicken were COATED in salt and were inedible.) We did not stay for dessert. The only part of the meal I would recommend is the dipping oil served with the bread. It was great!
- Great dinner!!DinnerVIPDined on 6/26/2014Excellent pastas. Wonderful homemade flavors. The buratta cheese for an appetizer was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average ItalianbelzschDined on 6/24/2014Average Italian food, with a focus on seafood. Nice wine list with Italian wines. Ambience is OK. Not too bad, but not spectacular either.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now a favoriteGreatVIPDined on 6/21/2014There are just so many fine restaurants in San Francisco that choosing one for a weekend dinner becomes very difficult. But after our second visit here, this is now one of our go-to favorites. The vitello valdestano was excellent as was the chicken, but finishing them after the excellent charcuterie board (Le Briciola has an italian name for iy) became difficult. The service is attentive, quiet and non-intrusive. The wines are excellent and not expensive, and the panna cotta desert was excellent as well. We really enjoyed iy again and now we will most certainly return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/13/2014Overall, the food and the service were very good. The two pasta dishes that we shared (the taglitelli with porcini mushrooms and black truffles & sea bass ravioli) were outstanding. The arugula salad was also quite good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/8/2014Service and ambiance were excellent. Food was good.Special Features:
- Nice Neighborhood find!JanBDined on 6/7/2014We stayed at the Intercontinental and needed a place on the way to AT & T Park for dinner. What a nice find for the 4 of us! Great service, excellent food and wine. They seated us in the window and it was fun watching the Giants fans walk by. Will definatly return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Northern Italy in SFChicagotoSanFranChickDined on 6/6/2014Very impressed with quality of seafood here. Greatly reminds me of Milan, Italy. Don't go here for sloppy sauce and noodles. You might be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Ball Park dining find!Flowergirl53Dined on 5/26/2014After a Monday day game my husband and I were looking for a great place to eat near AT&T Park. We found a delightful place in La Briciola. The food was delicious and the service friendly and attentive. We had the salumi plate which was outstanding. The olives and peppers had an incredible flavor. The bread is not to be missed. My husband had minestrone and it was full of fresh vegetables and very flavorful. I had the filet with black truffles and it was tender and delicious. My husband had halibut and the ravioli with lobster sauce. We were so thrilled to find a new place to go after games and can't wait to share this place with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/22/2014A very disappointing experience this time. We had reservations for lunch at 11:30am. When we arrived, on time, no host or waiter to seat us. A busboy finally saw us and allowed us to seat ourselves. The sole waiter arrived a few minutes before noon and seemed more intent on addressing his thirst needs than the customers who were beginning to arrive. We have frequented La Briciola several times in the past and each time we noted the quality and flavor of the food to go from excellent to what I would now call average at best. Perhaps we will give them one more opportunity to rise to their previous level of excellence.
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/17/2014Great food, great ambiance. It was my first time here. I'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a delightDelightDined on 5/16/2014Everything at this restaurant is delicious. I always go for any seafood grilled.Special Features:
- Wonderful Italian foodcwh1Dined on 5/15/2014The food was excellent and the service impeccable. Great dining experience and you could tell the wait staff really cared about each diner's experience. Had a very enjoyable, romantic dinner amid other locals, out-of-towners and also a large group who seemed to be celebrating something. Nice selection of tasty dishes and a varied wine list.Special Features:
- ndp1236VIPDined on 5/12/2014Needed to tur n up ac other than that had a nice dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hidden eatery!GreatVIPDined on 5/10/2014While a bit out of the main SFO restaurant rows, we were delighted to have dined there and already Plan to return. It was a warm and friendly reception, attentive service quietly applied, and great Food, bread, and wine. The bread was too good and we devoured it with the Italian charcuterie and Olives, followed by a great Vitello valdastano that was spectacular. The Vermentino Costa Molina went Beautifully with food. All in all a very enjoyable meal that was bargain priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rememberence of ItalyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at this lovely Italian restaurant. We were greeted by a very nice gentleman (with an Italian accent). He sat us a lovely table. We were right away introduced to our server (also with an Italian accent) who made some wonderful suggestions for wine and beer. We ordered: Tagliere di Salumi - coppa, spek, prosciutto, salame, and olives (meat was tender and melt in your mouth) Bistecca alla brace - grilled T-Bone steak (grilled to perfection) Romba all'isolana - baked halibut, fresh tomato sauce, olives, sliced potatoes (delicious) Tiramisu (wonderful flavor) The food was amazing. Great and friendly service. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/8/2014Authentic Italian dining experience. Service and food were outstanding. The staff aims to please. Flexible with customer food needs. A delicious authentic dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for romance2ndStdenizenDined on 5/6/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at La Briciola the other night. It was our second time here, and it has become one of our favorite neighborhood restaurants. The food and atmosphere are excellent, it is not overpriced, and the service was perfect, not pushy, attentive to when we needed help, and very helpful with selections. If you like Italian food, this place is hard to beat.Special Features:
- Delicious ItalianMorefoodpleaseVIPDined on 5/3/2014Brought some out-of-towners who were in search of good Italian. The staff here is great, and the wine selection and food is always awesome. Will definitely come again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 505 reviews are from the La Briciola reviews archive.
- La BriciolaPapaJimDined on 4/16/2014This restaurant was a great find! (Actually recommended by our nephew). The service was absolutely impeccable. The food was delicious! My wife had gnocchi...melted in your mouth...sauce was excellent. I had the filet with black truffles...to die for!! Can't wait to go back again to try their other tasty treats. Highly recommend trying La Briciola! We definitely will!OutstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True gemOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/15/2014La Briciola looks unassuming from the outside, but inside it is warm and welcoming, with attentive (but not stuffy) service and a very sure hand in the kitchen. The food is excellent -- fresh ingredients, deliciously prepared and beautifully presented. Poised between downtown and the ballpark, it's possible to enjoy an early dinner, without feeling rushed, and still make it to the yard for the first pitch. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatDanBVIPDined on 4/12/2014I have been going here before or after Giants games for a few years, and I have never been disappointed. The staff is attentive, and they all make sure the experience is exceptional. The food is terrific, and I know that when I go back I am in for a treat. I love the polenta as an appetizer. No matter how the game turns out, I am in for a win at La Briciola!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre baseball game dinnerROBERTVIPDined on 4/11/2014Great dinner. We went before a Giant's baseball game on a Friday night. Will go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Let location Fool YouDiningOutVIPDined on 4/6/2014Mediocre location. Really good food that tasted fresh. Some nice daily specials added to a good selection of apps, pasta, and meats. Restaurant is tastefully if minimally decorated. Wine list is average at best.Special Features:
- good italian, little slowRachelFDined on 3/26/2014it was a nice meal - home made pasta and a good wine list.Special Features: