La Brezza Ristorante
990 1st Ave NE
Calgary, AB T2E 8J3Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
La Brezza Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.labrezza.ca/
- Phone: (403) 262-6230
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am to 2:30pm; Dinner: Open from 5:30pm 7 nights a week Closed on Major Holidays
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Ashraf Chouchene
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Parties can book our lower level dining room with up to 16 people, our main dining room for up to 50 people or the entire house! A private area in our main dining room seats up to 12 people. Everything inbetween is always welcome!
- Private Party Contact: Manager 4032696000
- Special Events: We welcome all of our special events and are flexible in customizing a dining experience to match your event. We also host special events of our own from time to time so please be sure to check our website at www.labrezza.ca
A word from La Brezza Ristorante
La Brezza, meaning ocean breeze, is considered to be one of Calgary's finest Italian restaurants. Opened in 1987 and still in its original location - once the owners house, La Brezza continues to offer an elegantly simple Italian cuisine, emphasizing traditional home-cooked goodness. You can enjoy a satisfying lunch and dinner menu with daily specials and you can even indulge on Sundays as we are one of the few local restaurants open 7 days a week. We pride ourselves in offering great food, great service, and a warm, relaxed atmosphere. See you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
La Brezza Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
La Brezza Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (51)special occasion (43)romantic (35)fit for foodies (33)good for groups (17)notable wine list (11)great for lunch (9)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great All Around!Foodie4thoughtDined on 11/18/2014Wonderful experience. Marco, the owner adds a nice touch by chatting with the diners and really made us feel welcome. This is a really nice place if you want to go somewhere quieter so you can actually hear your server or who you're with talk. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service!ValentineDined on 11/17/2014We had calamari, shrimp and caprese salad as starters. Shared the rack of lamb. Every dish was prepared exquisitely and was delicious :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Brezza still classybunkieDined on 11/15/2014Enjoyed visiting La Brezza again, standout dishes included the calamari, Minestrone and the Vitello La Brezza. The wine we had was good, but the wine list could be bigger. Our server was terrific, looked after all of us very well, took extra care of one of the party with gf issues. Certainly would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a classic Italian experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2014Great food, a very nice atmosphere, would recommend to anyone looking for a great Italian meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Authentic Italian Restaurantlove2eatDined on 11/14/2014My husband and I have been meaning to try this restaurant for a while, and when we finally had a kid-free night we booked on Open Table. We were extremely satisfied with our decision. We were given a table in the basement, which was so quiet and romantic. The upstairs can be crowded and noisy, but the basement dining room has only five tables, a romantic fireplace and lots of ambiance. The food was exactly as we had hoped and made us nostalgic for Italy. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for an authentic Italian meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!food4thoughtDined on 11/11/2014We had the pleasure of having dinner here a couple of days ago. I am Celiac, and the server was most helpful discussing what I could and could not have. I could choose from almost everything on the menu because each dish is prepared especially for you. Therefore, they provided me with the most delicious gluten free meal. The service was impeccable and the atmosphere was just the kind of place we enjoy visiting. We will definitely be back, bringing out of town guests, who also enjoy this type of dining experience. Kudos to La Brezza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening outGingeGalDined on 11/10/2014My husband & I went to La Brezza for the first time to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We had an early reservation for 5:30 and although the place was full, we had a nice table for 2 near the window. The meal was delicious. We had lasagna & chicken Parmesan, Caesar & garden salads. My husband was slightly disappointed with the calamari after reading all of the rave reviews about it but otherwise, everything else that we ordered was great. The tiramisu & creme brûlée were the perfect ending to the meal. We enjoyed the relaxed pace of our meal, the comfortable atmosphere, and the attentive service. We will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- great food in a corner house :)ken0001VIPDined on 11/5/2014since the moment you step in, the service is very nice, all of them are very attentive and fast service too the food is great, you can see the chef from most of the tables. the owner goes to the tables to chat, i don't know if all the time, but he does make laugh every table. quite nice will try it again when we are back in calgarySpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/5/2014We've never had a bad experience here and always thoroughly enjoy the food. The owner visits all his guests with a big smile and hearty hello.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Brezza RistoranteFoodloverDined on 11/3/2014Me and my hubby ate at this restaurant for the first time and the food was delicious and the service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- glenmoretraderDined on 11/2/2014This restaurant had character and provided outstanding foodSpecial Features:
- best ceasar salad!KarenDined on 10/30/2014Amazing food especially the ceasar salad! The owner took time to speak to us and the value was great for the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and good timesMarshbirdDined on 10/30/2014We've been to La Brezza a few times with friends and family. The food time is always delicious! The minestrone soup wasn't what we expected this time but the waiter graciously took it off our bill at the end of the eventing. Definitely will return again and again because of the good food, reasonable price, and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun evening out!TommyDined on 10/28/2014Very Good Italian food with a slight spiciness to make it interesting and unique. As always Marco the owner is very entertaining and welcoming.Special Features:
- Consistent QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014We have gone to La Brezza quite a few times, in fact, it is our favourite Italian restaurant. The food is always good, the service is always excellent. I like that we can go there and not feel like we're being rushed, we can relax, enjoy our meals and drinks and whenever the owner Marco is around, he makes it a point to chat with his customers and ensures that they are having a good time. We always recommend this restaurant to friends and family and will keep recommending it.Special Features:
- Nice PlaceCruickerDined on 10/18/2014Service was excellent and food/beverage was priced well. Owner made a point in introducing himself. Main course was a bit of a let down, was expecting a bit higher quality of pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in quality of foodEvergreenTastebudsDined on 9/28/2014Pluses: bruschetta made with beautiful fresh tomatoes. Focaccia nice and fresh. Minuses: Appetizer mussels - meat inside very small, not juicy and plump as should be, two of the mussels were closed therefore could not be eaten. Food too salty. Sauce for linguine too thick. Texture of linguine too hard and tasted like a cheap store bought brand rather than house made. No longer on top of my list.Special Features:
- Great date night, many Gf options!CandiceDined on 9/27/2014I am celiac so had a lot of items on menu to choose from which is rare. Food was great! We liked that the owner came around and chatted with everyone. Just moved to area and will def be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best thing about lunch was locationGlobalgourmetDined on 9/24/2014I sought this place out for lunch on a friends say-so only to be disappointed by a somewhat unimaginative menu and food that was poorly prepared & expensive. I had been recommended the Calamari but it could have been breaded onion rings stirred into bottled spaghetti sauce. The salad La Brezza I ordered as a a main course was side salad sized and consisted of minimal amounts of julienned cucumber and onion over romaine lettuce - admittedly fresh but unseasoned, at least the house dressing was unnoticeable and irrelevant. A great conveniently accessible location in a vibrant neighborhood with untold possibilities, but no wonder it was empty at lunchtime.
- Meh, just pasta-esque ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014The food quality was not so great for the price. This is mostly a pasta place which I guess passes off as Italian for many in Calgary. The service was slow and the server did not even remove our appetizer plates before trying to set out the main dishes. I would have liked it to be great as the owner was nice enough and the ambiance was pleasant. Try it for yourself.
- Met our expectationsAcebirdDined on 9/12/2014Trip Advisor #2 ranking is deserved! Good food, good service, OK wine list with relatively moderate prices.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodwowoDined on 9/7/2014My wife and I celebrated her birthday there and enjoyed the food immensly. We even met and chatted with Marco, the owner, who is a very charming and interesting chap.Special Features:
- Not bad, not great.ExperiencedDinerDined on 9/6/2014There were two senior persons in our group of five. The server did not take kindly to my request that she begin taking orders from the more senior members before taking mine. Other than that, the service was acceptable. The place offers limited, but standard, bistro Italian fare. My chicken in a Marsala sauce was mediocre. I was not allowed to substitute a different pasta side. The seasonal vegetables had some old leftover and overcooked ones mixed in with the freshly cooked. To be fair, my companions liked their meals. The best part of the experience was the pretty and comfortable ambience.
- Very good night.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Very good night at Le Brezza. The atmosphere was excellent, our German born waitress very attentive and the food was special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love garlic...butmagoe99Dined on 9/2/2014This place was heavier on garlic than any place I have ever been. I was glad my husband and I were just going back to our hotel and not on to a public event because we were reeking. If that is not a problem for you, go for it. It is a cute little place, well attended even on the Tuesday night after Labor Day. Marco, mentioned for his friendliness, by others apparently was not there. Our waitress, while pleasant and efficient, was not particularly friendly, but she was the only person serving the entire dining room, so I understand. She just did not have time.Special Features:
- OK but nothing exceptionalDeepSouthDined on 8/30/2014We where surprised to be led to the basement. Not indicated when we booked online. Service was very good but the food was average.
- Amazing FoodMonkeyPigDined on 8/25/2014All the reviews I read that claimed that the calamari appetizer was very good, were bang on, maybe even an understatement. It was the best calamari we've ever had. Our main courses were also very good. We will definitely go back. A few more wine choices would be nice though. My only real complaint was that there was a group of 4 young men that were very noisy and rude, often using foul language for all to hear. For a higher-end restaurant, I would have expected staff to say something to them. I don't mean to profile, but their attire and behaviour came across as possibly drug/gang related. They were definitely out of place with the rest of us patrons. Fortunately, they left about half way through our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional cookingCalgaryhelenDined on 8/25/2014First visit and not disappointed. The service was polite, friendly and attentive, but not rushed. All freshly cooked and very tasty; the cannelloni was the best I've ever had, likewise the crepe dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner at LaBrezzaPepperDined on 8/24/2014We had a wonderful dinner at LaBrezza. The service was great and the food was excellent. They certainly know how to cook seafood. The Callamari is the best I have had. We will not wait so long for another visit. Marco has kept the same high standard he has always had.Special Features:
- Charming Little RestaurantWayneQDined on 8/23/2014Enjoyed our supper at La Brezza. Atmosphere was cozy and delightful. My wife and I had the calamari for appetizer and veal dishes as the main course. Both were delicious. We both don't normally like red sauce but Le Brezza may have converted us! Service was exceptional. They took the time answer any questions. Marco stopped by our table to welcome us. I like this level of personalization. You can tell he is an owner that cares and is never far away from his restaurant! Would recommend to any one looking for a romantic night out or very good Italian! It definitely brought us back to Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!jazzifierDined on 8/22/2014La Brezza offers outstanding Italian food in a nice atmosphere. The restaurant (the owners former home) is small but cozy and a great setting for a wonderful Italian meal. There were 7 varieties of veal on the menu, I had the Saltimbocca and it was fantastic! I can't wait to try some of the others. Others in our group had fettuccine, linguine, and lasagna and without exception everyone was very happy with their meals. From the Antipasti menu we had Calamari, Bruschetta, and Prosciutto & melon and all were excellent. The Calamari in particular was very good. The owner, a very nice and interesting gentleman named Marco, was there making the rounds with all the guests making sure everyone was being well taken care of. Highest recommendation!Special Features:
- Out of 5 different menu items!FoodieDined on 8/19/2014I expected so much more from this resturant. They were out of cheese, mussels, clams, some wines it just got worse as the night went on. The food took forever and was bland and boring overall even the bread was stale and chewy. The resturant atmosphere was lacking and tables are too close together. Dissapointed and expected so much more from an old Calgary favorite.
- Great food and winegr82dineDined on 8/18/2014I don't know what "fit for foodies" means so this is my input. I found it a little cramped but not so bad that I couldn't get around. This negatively affected the ambience but not hugely. The service was great and knowledge of food and wine was excellent. The food itself was way above normal and I would highly recommend it to everybody. I don't know about all the other categories listed - they seem kinda silly to me.Special Features:
- Excellent Anniversary dinnerVettesnvinesDined on 8/18/2014Outstanding spicy calamari appetizer and veal scallopini and chicken parmigiano entree classics are perfectSpecial Features:
- Best in Calgary by farItalianInCalgaryDined on 8/15/2014This is the best restaurant in Calgary by far and one of the best I have ever been to anywhere. Food and hospitality. Service and am quality. I could go on.... A must if you are in Calgary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okMaxxDined on 8/12/2014A friend of mine said that this place is a must however my husband and I must disagree. The appetizers and the wine list was very good however we where disappointed with our entry. We both had the pasta with different sauces and both sauces where both bland and not noteworthy. I would not recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent mealMmmmmDined on 8/11/2014This was our first time dining at La Brezza but will not be our last! Both our meals were exceptional. The calimari appetizer was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinning experienceFoodie89Dined on 8/9/2014Amazing restaurant, would highly recommend, fantastic food and great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Completely changedCalgary85Dined on 8/8/2014Pasta was watery didn't taste the same and I used to order the same thing all the time, asked for chicken in it and didn't get it, all 4 glasses were filthy with food in them, asked for a new glass and it came dirty as well. Not impressed and this was my favourite restaurant :(Special Features:
- A real gemPatoux2Dined on 8/3/2014Although we live in Calgary this was our first visit to this restaurant. The food was exceptional and reasonably priced and the staff were friendly and attentive. Would highly recommend this restaurant and we certainly will be repeat customers now.Special Features: