La Brezza Ristorante
990 1st Ave NE
Calgary, AB T2E 8J3Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
La Brezza Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.labrezza.ca/
- Phone: 4032626230
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am to 2:30pm; Dinner: Open from 5:30pm 7 nights a week Closed on Major Holidays
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Ashraf Chouchene
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Parties can book our lower level dining room with up to 16 people, our main dining room for up to 50 people or the entire house! A private area in our main dining room seats up to 12 people. Everything inbetween is always welcome!
- Private Party Contact: Manager 4032696000
- Special Events: We welcome all of our special events and are flexible in customizing a dining experience to match your event. We also host special events of our own from time to time so please be sure to check our website at www.labrezza.ca
A word from La Brezza Ristorante
La Brezza, meaning ocean breeze, is considered to be one of Calgary's finest Italian restaurants. Opened in 1987 and still in its original location - once the owners house, La Brezza continues to offer an elegantly simple Italian cuisine, emphasizing traditional home-cooked goodness. You can enjoy a satisfying lunch and dinner menu with daily specials and you can even indulge on Sundays as we are one of the few local restaurants open 7 days a week. We pride ourselves in offering great food, great service, and a warm, relaxed atmosphere. See you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
La Brezza Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
La Brezza Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (43)special occasion (38)romantic (26)fit for foodies (23)good for groups (10)notable wine list (8)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Meh, just pasta-esque ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014The food quality was not so great for the price. This is mostly a pasta place which I guess passes off as Italian for many in Calgary. The service was slow and the server did not even remove our appetizer plates before trying to set out the main dishes. I would have liked it to be great as the owner was nice enough and the ambiance was pleasant. Try it for yourself.
- Met our expectationsAcebirdDined on 9/12/2014Trip Advisor #2 ranking is deserved! Good food, good service, OK wine list with relatively moderate prices.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodwowoDined on 9/7/2014My wife and I celebrated her birthday there and enjoyed the food immensly. We even met and chatted with Marco, the owner, who is a very charming and interesting chap.Special Features:
- Not bad, not great.ExperiencedDinerDined on 9/6/2014There were two senior persons in our group of five. The server did not take kindly to my request that she begin taking orders from the more senior members before taking mine. Other than that, the service was acceptable. The place offers limited, but standard, bistro Italian fare. My chicken in a Marsala sauce was mediocre. I was not allowed to substitute a different pasta side. The seasonal vegetables had some old leftover and overcooked ones mixed in with the freshly cooked. To be fair, my companions liked their meals. The best part of the experience was the pretty and comfortable ambience.
- Very good night.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Very good night at Le Brezza. The atmosphere was excellent, our German born waitress very attentive and the food was special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love garlic...butmagoe99Dined on 9/2/2014This place was heavier on garlic than any place I have ever been. I was glad my husband and I were just going back to our hotel and not on to a public event because we were reeking. If that is not a problem for you, go for it. It is a cute little place, well attended even on the Tuesday night after Labor Day. Marco, mentioned for his friendliness, by others apparently was not there. Our waitress, while pleasant and efficient, was not particularly friendly, but she was the only person serving the entire dining room, so I understand. She just did not have time.Special Features:
- OK but nothing exceptionalDeepSouthDined on 8/30/2014We where surprised to be led to the basement. Not indicated when we booked online. Service was very good but the food was average.
- Amazing FoodMonkeyPigDined on 8/25/2014All the reviews I read that claimed that the calamari appetizer was very good, were bang on, maybe even an understatement. It was the best calamari we've ever had. Our main courses were also very good. We will definitely go back. A few more wine choices would be nice though. My only real complaint was that there was a group of 4 young men that were very noisy and rude, often using foul language for all to hear. For a higher-end restaurant, I would have expected staff to say something to them. I don't mean to profile, but their attire and behaviour came across as possibly drug/gang related. They were definitely out of place with the rest of us patrons. Fortunately, they left about half way through our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional cookingCalgaryhelenDined on 8/25/2014First visit and not disappointed. The service was polite, friendly and attentive, but not rushed. All freshly cooked and very tasty; the cannelloni was the best I've ever had, likewise the crepe dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner at LaBrezzaPepperDined on 8/24/2014We had a wonderful dinner at LaBrezza. The service was great and the food was excellent. They certainly know how to cook seafood. The Callamari is the best I have had. We will not wait so long for another visit. Marco has kept the same high standard he has always had.Special Features:
- Charming Little RestaurantWayneQDined on 8/23/2014Enjoyed our supper at La Brezza. Atmosphere was cozy and delightful. My wife and I had the calamari for appetizer and veal dishes as the main course. Both were delicious. We both don't normally like red sauce but Le Brezza may have converted us! Service was exceptional. They took the time answer any questions. Marco stopped by our table to welcome us. I like this level of personalization. You can tell he is an owner that cares and is never far away from his restaurant! Would recommend to any one looking for a romantic night out or very good Italian! It definitely brought us back to Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!jazzifierDined on 8/22/2014La Brezza offers outstanding Italian food in a nice atmosphere. The restaurant (the owners former home) is small but cozy and a great setting for a wonderful Italian meal. There were 7 varieties of veal on the menu, I had the Saltimbocca and it was fantastic! I can't wait to try some of the others. Others in our group had fettuccine, linguine, and lasagna and without exception everyone was very happy with their meals. From the Antipasti menu we had Calamari, Bruschetta, and Prosciutto & melon and all were excellent. The Calamari in particular was very good. The owner, a very nice and interesting gentleman named Marco, was there making the rounds with all the guests making sure everyone was being well taken care of. Highest recommendation!Special Features:
- Out of 5 different menu items!FoodieDined on 8/19/2014I expected so much more from this resturant. They were out of cheese, mussels, clams, some wines it just got worse as the night went on. The food took forever and was bland and boring overall even the bread was stale and chewy. The resturant atmosphere was lacking and tables are too close together. Dissapointed and expected so much more from an old Calgary favorite.
- Great food and winegr82dineDined on 8/18/2014I don't know what "fit for foodies" means so this is my input. I found it a little cramped but not so bad that I couldn't get around. This negatively affected the ambience but not hugely. The service was great and knowledge of food and wine was excellent. The food itself was way above normal and I would highly recommend it to everybody. I don't know about all the other categories listed - they seem kinda silly to me.Special Features:
- Excellent Anniversary dinnerVettesnvinesDined on 8/18/2014Outstanding spicy calamari appetizer and veal scallopini and chicken parmigiano entree classics are perfectSpecial Features:
- Best in Calgary by farItalianInCalgaryDined on 8/15/2014This is the best restaurant in Calgary by far and one of the best I have ever been to anywhere. Food and hospitality. Service and am quality. I could go on.... A must if you are in Calgary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okMaxxDined on 8/12/2014A friend of mine said that this place is a must however my husband and I must disagree. The appetizers and the wine list was very good however we where disappointed with our entry. We both had the pasta with different sauces and both sauces where both bland and not noteworthy. I would not recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent mealMmmmmDined on 8/11/2014This was our first time dining at La Brezza but will not be our last! Both our meals were exceptional. The calimari appetizer was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinning experienceFoodie89Dined on 8/9/2014Amazing restaurant, would highly recommend, fantastic food and great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Completely changedCalgary85Dined on 8/8/2014Pasta was watery didn't taste the same and I used to order the same thing all the time, asked for chicken in it and didn't get it, all 4 glasses were filthy with food in them, asked for a new glass and it came dirty as well. Not impressed and this was my favourite restaurant :(Special Features:
- A real gemPatoux2Dined on 8/3/2014Although we live in Calgary this was our first visit to this restaurant. The food was exceptional and reasonably priced and the staff were friendly and attentive. Would highly recommend this restaurant and we certainly will be repeat customers now.Special Features:
- Always a pleasuremaeeeDined on 8/1/2014I love this restaurant. It has great food and great people. I would recommend it to anyone who's looking for an amazing dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pro: Food, Con: Everything elsewineanddineDined on 7/25/2014Pros: Food did not disappoint; calamari was awesome (not covered in battered and rubbery) and came with a great sauce. Wife had tons of clams in her linguine and my arrabiata was very good. Everything tasted fresh and the portions were pretty generous. Cons: Felt forgotton the whole night. Waited 10 minutes after we sat down before being offered water. And each course took quite a while to come out. What was most baffling was that the table next to us got all their courses ahead of us, even though we had ordered first by a good 15 minutes. Seating was so tight that everyone kept kicking my chair as they walked by. Not a relaxing and comfortable dining experience. After nearly 2 hours, we got out of there and said "no thanks" to dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014A nice dinner experience with delicious home made italian pasta. A square table for four is a bit tight. Prefer the rectangle table by the window. Good for early dinners as the palce was almost empty bu nine pm.Special Features:
- Just plain delicious.mrsCVIPDined on 7/13/2014The mussel appetizer is wonderful. I was a bit skeptical to order carbonarra but I was very pleased with the dish. Really delicious. Not enough pasta came with the chicken parm, but I was full from eating too much of the bread anyway. No room for dessert. This restaurant is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014We felt the wine list by the glass was disappointing. Otherwise we enjoyed our evening and will certainly return when we are next in CalgarySpecial Features:
- PerfectShellyDined on 7/11/2014This was just what we were looking for. Friendly staff. The owner was very interactive with the guests. Perfect spot for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceAvillalbaDined on 7/9/2014I was surprised when the owner showed up and start talking with us!! It made me feel like I was home. The food was delicious too. I would definitely recommend this place to my friends & family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Sunday DiningEatingOutAlwaysATreatVIPDined on 7/6/2014Good calamari and good wine does not make up for pricey meals, bad service (missed ringing in 1 meal which ended up being 40 minutes later), and to compensate, we were offered free tiramisu, which we had to leave it was so old. When the manager goes off Stampeding, the staff obviously are lost! Eating Not Always A Treat!
- A nice change from same-old fareDeannaDined on 7/5/2014Good food, great service, friendly atmosphere, it feels like you're at home in mama's kitchen sharing in the laughter. Photos on the wall of Italian landmarks, and Italian music playing quietly in the background gives an authentic feel to the restaurant. Quiet corners for private moments, areas for larger parties ensures everyone is accomodated. Marco the owner stopping by at each table for a laugh and a handshake makes one feel welcome. The food was tasty, hot, and served with a smile. All in all a great place to spend an evening, for a special occasion or just because.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favoriteBrenEdVIPDined on 6/30/2014Got a reservation at the last minute and were SO impressed with this neighbourhood delight! Dined with an Italian and he was over the moon! Bruschetta a tasty starter and all our meals were delicious! Michael, our waiter, was busy but attentive and personable! Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite DisappointingtarabearaDined on 6/27/2014Based on online reviews I had read, I was really looking forward to visiting this restaurant. The service was very slow (two hours for a one course meal), the food was decent, and the ambiance was not what I thought it would be. I was looking for a place to have a romantic date night and this was not the place for that.
- Never failsJaneyDined on 6/21/2014We have eaten at La Brezza for many years food is always great, great prices well worth the visit . Would recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:
- Great Italian foodAndreaDined on 6/20/2014We had a very pleasant dinner in a nice, cozy, home-like atmosphere with excellent food and nice house wine. The service was also excellent and the owner made a special effort to say a few words to everyone, making sure they were having a good time. Would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:
- Ok food, good serviceFoodisgoodDined on 6/19/2014The food is average but the service is good. Having said that, the bruschetta and calamari are very tasty. I ordered the fettuccini vongole and they did not cheap out on the clams! A nice touch is that the owner will come to every table to see how things are going. He's very friendly with a great sense of humour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining at its bestlainDined on 6/18/2014Service and food was excellent. Menu has a great variety of selections.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedReviewerVIPDined on 6/14/2014Used to be one of our favorites. This time was disappointing. Had an 8:30 reservation; they turned the music off at 9:00. Was a bit like eating in our own kitchen. Escargot and tomato was ok. Light sauce would be better. Chicken and seafood - same thing. Red sauce smothers seafood and chicken. Bread was good. Service was OK.
- Great Food!birthdaygirl21Dined on 6/14/2014Took my dad for Father's Day with the family. Everyone's dish was perfect except my moms. She has the Veal Parmigina. The batter was like fried egg instead of breaded... I know everything is hand-made there so I guess there's more room for differentiation... Bruschetta was awesome and the Escargot was to die for!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just one issuesearching4savouryDined on 6/12/2014Hosted 3 other co-workers for dinner at La Brezza. My meal and two others were excellent and the service was very good. However, there was one member of our party who ordered the veal, while the rest of us ordered dishes that took a little longer. His veal dish was very tough and overcooked and he sent it back. Unfortunately, we were billed for the dish and instead were offered a free dessert (none of us chose to have dessert). I would have preferred a gift certificate for a return visit to give them another try.Special Features:
- DindinDined on 6/12/2014The food was great waitress made excellent recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.