La Brasserie Bistro and Bar
78477 Hwy 111
La Quinta, CA 92253Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
La Brasserie Bistro and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.labrasserielaquinta.com/
- Phone: 7607714400x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner 7 days a week 4:00pm - 9:30pm
$20 3-Course Early Bird Special 4:00pm - 6:00 Daily
Happy Hour All Night Long Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, French, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Emmanuel Janin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us for further details.
- Entertainment: Our comfortable starlit/misted patio features live entertainment every Friday & Saturday night while you dine. Please dine with us and enjoy beautiful jazz music, amazing food and wine, and friendly service.
- Special Events: We will be open for Memorial Weekend! Bring your friends and family for a wonderful dining experience with great food, wine and service.
Sunday, May 26th 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday, May 26th 11:00am - 10:00pm
A word from La Brasserie Bistro and Bar
Dine with us and feel like you've been transported to the streets of Paris! The traditional mouth watering cuisine prepared by the award winning chef/owner Emmanuel Janin can be enjoyed in our comfortable dinning room or the spacious starlit/misted patio. Bon Appetit!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
La Brasserie Bistro and Bar - Best Restaurants in La Quinta ›
La Brasserie Bistro and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (38)fit for foodies (32)great for outdoor dining (27)special occasion (20)great for lunch (16)romantic (14)notable wine list (8)great for brunch (7)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- oddathenaDined on 8/30/2014The only negative about the restaurant is the noise level. There's a lovely outdoor patio, but when it's too hot to be outside, the indoors, which is attractive, has a great deal of tile and nothing to ameliorate the sounds of voices.Special Features:
- Awesome food and excellent serviceLolaVIPDined on 8/26/2014Third time at the restaurant and was the best experience ever! Waitress/ bartender made the most delicious blood orange martini. The mussels were fantastic and this restaurant did not skimp on the amount served. Wedge salad also delicious. Friend that joined me had never been to thus restaurant and couldn't stop talking about how wonderful everything wasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArpiDined on 8/23/2014Food was "OK" didn't hit our expectations of French cuisine. We had a 7 o'clock reservation and it took a long time for waitress to come to the table to take our order. We didn't get appetizers until 7:30pm. The bus boys and runners were great however. Very attentive with drink refills and bringing bread, dressing and such. Waitress only came back to the table once, when food was set down in front of us. We asked a runner for a dessert menu and had to flag down the waitress to order. Creme Brulee was cold. Very dissappointing altogether.
- Paris in the DesertJillDined on 8/22/2014This is truly a jem filled with food lover's dream choices. We loved it and have returned many times. So far we have never been disappointed so we will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bistroFoodieHeavenDined on 8/20/2014this restaurant has AMAZING food. Best calf's liver ever. Fabulous escargot!! Wait staff was excellentSpecial Features:
- Wonderful french foodtlhenriDined on 8/16/2014A real charming find in Indio. The food was outstanding. The wines on selection were wonderful. If you are in the Palm Springs area, this is a must!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/31/2014Visiting from out of town and came on this restaurant using Open Table. The reviews sold me and we decided to go. A wonderful, neighborhood spot with an authentic French atmosphere.Terrific food and service. Highly recommend.
- Never DisappointsHappyNana3VIPDined on 7/28/20145 ladies for a poker widows night out. Great service and we had the bar menu. Everything, chicken wings, tarte flambee, mussels, calamari and beet salad were wonderful. Also have been here for lunch and dinner, all good. If you live in the desert and belong to the Wine Vault and bring your own wine there is no corkage fee. A little slice of France in the desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not consistentLolaVIPDined on 7/27/2014Had visited the same restaurant on the previous Tues and it as wonderful Salads were great and so were the cocktails. Service outstanding Returned the following asunder and it was a disaster! The cocktail was nothing like the martini I had the previous Tuesday. Ordered a salad and mussels, salad was good, but 1.5 hrs. Later after asking for the mussels 3 times, they still never arrived. My friend ordered the steak salad and it was half the size it was on the previous visit. I am only assuming the owners were not there on Sunday evening. Possibly will give it one more try.Special Features:
- We love this placeUnclehorstVIPDined on 7/26/2014it's the go-to restaurant for great French cuisine and personalized service in La Quinta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KarenGraceVIPDined on 7/25/2014Dine at La Brasserie frequently and always have a wonderful meal. I love the fact that they will split meals in the kitchen and make the plates look like it was a full meal and plated beautifully.Special Features:
- Highly recommendedJudybugmdDined on 7/24/2014Lovely service and excellent food, very accommodating to our family, but I've been there also for romantic dinners and have always been pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Brasserie, c'est magnifique!LQHomzDined on 7/15/2014We dined at La Brasserie with another couple; two of us shared the escargots, and two of us, the charcuterie platter for appetizers. The escargots were well-seasoned; the meats and cheeses, accented by fruits and honey, were a delightful and flavorful starter. Each of us ordered something different; my wienerschnitzel was tasty and perfectly cooked; the rack of lamb special was lovely. We all agreed it was a perfect evening, and all plan to return. La Brasserie has an excellent and varied menu - and Susan was a well-informed, attentive server.Special Features:
- Fine dining!oldschoolVIPDined on 7/15/2014Brasserie has a very nice menu. Specially recommend the trout, well boned and frog legs. Enjoyed our meal and Sylvia took good care of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Visit to La Brassserie BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/26/2014Recently I went for dinner with my fried. We did not know what to expect. We have to say that we can not wait to go back. Everything was very good, from the service to the food.Special Features:
- Leave the Cobb to the Polo LoungeWhitemiceVIPDined on 6/21/2014We had a nice time here sipping iced tea and noshing, but I must say that the Cobb salad I ordered was not remotely like the best one I ever ate at the Polo Lounge in LA. In comparison, this one was tiny, insipid, uninspired and strangely tasteless. With chilled ingredients, it is nigh unto impossible to bring out the flavor of everything, but this creation was particularly unappealing. The vichyssoise, on the other hand, was unctuous and delightful. It seems that the chef should stick to French cuisine and not try to please everyone.
- Robust Menu; Excellent tastes6foodfriendsDined on 6/19/2014Excellent greeting and response to our request for a seating location. Excellent and robust menu selections; very good house and other wines. Server (French from Brittany) very knowledgeable, attentive, engaging. A delightful evening. Excellent value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful dinner.goodfoodDined on 6/15/2014Enjoyed Father's Day with outdoor dining. Loved the 1/2 price wine. We had a great time! Love this restaurant.Special Features:
- GO 4 ITdezertguyDined on 6/15/2014We frequent this restaurant and recommend it to anyone wanting a great meal.Special Features:
- Great foodJBfromNashvilleDined on 6/9/2014We loved the mussels and frites! Summer is quiet but you can sit outside if the sprayers are on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winter foodsassyDined on 6/7/2014The menu is good, but most of the food would work better in cooler and winter months. Hard to eat a hearty stew in 102 degree weather. Mussels are great.Special Features:
- DelightfulOhLaLaDined on 6/6/2014Everything was first class from top to bottom. Food, service and atmosphere were excellent. Three of us ordered the mussels with truffle fries and two ordered the veggie crepe. Presentation was attractive and taste delicate. Servers were attentive and a great way to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- French Bistro Favorite!TAGOVIPDined on 6/2/2014La Brasserie is a go-to favorite of ours for consistently great food, pleasant and experienced service and a lovely French Café atmosphere. For a special occasion or just an evening out alone or with friends, we always enjoy! Try the Mussels, great fries, two choices of preparation for veal...both are great, and always a nice fresh fish choice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/27/2014The food was excellent, but sitting inside is very noisy. Hard to have a conversation. I usually sit outside which is very pleasant, but it was too hot the night I was there. Recommend the mussels and the hanger steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/20/2014This is one of the best restaurants in the desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Little BistroTomDDined on 5/19/2014This restaurant is like a slice of Paris transplanted to the desert. Very authentic menu (e.g., frog legs, cassoulet, steak frites), nicely prepared. I had cassoulet on two visits: the first one came out of the kitchen exactly as I would have expected, very nicely done. On the second visit, it had been overcooked and the beans were a mushy paste. Still, overall the food was quite good, and reasonably priced. Excellent wine list; not long but thoughtful choices. Service was fine, nice ambiance. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent menuoldschoolVIPDined on 5/15/2014They really have an excellent menu. My favorites are the trout and frogs legs. Nice to have a moderately priced French menu with many choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentImperialDined on 5/13/2014Everything we had was divine. It was one of the best meals I've had in a very long time. It's a must try if you've never been here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good choiceCaliDined on 5/13/2014This is a repeat time at La Brasserie the food is always consistent and the service is always great.Special Features:
- Special nightRobbygirlDined on 5/7/2014Everything was special from the wine list to the wonderful meal. Service was top drawerSpecial Features:
- Great restaurantJoryVIPDined on 5/6/2014This is such a lovely restaurant. Wonderful soups and quiche. Amazing sandwhiches. and that's just lunch. Dinner is a foodie delight. Large portions, wonderful country French hearty dishes. The only thing missing is the foie grais, thanks California for taking my favorite food group away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect spot for lunch1BuonGustoBobVIPDined on 5/5/2014We had a lovely "girls" lunch on the patio, and it was a wonderful experiece. Great food, excellent service and atmosphere. We never felt rushed, and we had a perfect afternoon. This is also one of our favorite spots for dinner and for happy hour. We are never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 276 reviews are from the La Brasserie Bistro and Bar reviews archive.
- Love it!CCDINERVIPDined on 5/3/20144 for dinner on Saturday night, ( 2 couples) seated promptly on the patio, as requested. Delicious Cosmo's for the ladies to start...wonderful cold soup, cassoulet , steak and liver/ onions..the trout was a bit mealy..and the plate should really include a green veggie. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent french foodracsDined on 4/28/2014Great food, wonderful outdoor dining, fine service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice casual FrenchgmblnmnVIPDined on 4/23/2014I enjoyed my dinner here on April 23. It was my first time at Brasserie Bistro and I ordered the basics: French Onion soup, salmon and chocolate mousse. Everything was well-prepared and tasty. The wine list has a good selection with a few French wines and more California wines but I found good things by the glass. The chocolate mousse was dark and dense and a large portion! The outdoor dining is very pleasant with cheery blue and white table linens. The sun sets behind the building so no harsh glare. If you're looking for sort of country-French, this is your place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunate serviceLovetodineDined on 4/19/2014We chose this restaurant based on the menu and the reviews. Unfortunately, on the Saturday night that we were there two servers had not shown up for work. The hostess tried to help out but the service was extremely slow. The food was okay but not wonderful and the bill was high probably because we drank an extra glass of wine each due to the slow service. They apologized a lot but didn't offer a free glass of wine or anything in the way of compensation.Special Features:
- Our favorite FrenchCCDINERVIPDined on 4/18/2014Our 2 nd visit at night, dined outside on the patio. So much nicer than noisy inside. Our waitperson Susan is the best! The frisée salad was excellent, vichyssoise had too much cream, the special halibut was great, the trout almandine needed a green vegetable on the plate. A tater tatin on the dessert menu would be a great addition...Can't wait to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful menu it all wasMandKDined on 4/13/2014Wonderful menu it all was tempting. The escargot was some of the best we've had. Seafood, steak both excellent. Profiteroles were just ok. I wish we had found this place years ago. We will most definitely be back with friends.Special Features:
- MusselsMargeDined on 4/13/2014We come just for their mussels and we are not alone. They are outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014We were looking for a place to have lunch with friends when we saw the La Brasserie. The service was great the food awesome. We came back for dinner a week later with other friends and had again great food and really good and fun service.Special Features: