La Bottega - Vail
100 E. Meadow Dr. #37
Vail, CO 81657Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
La Bottega - Vail
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://labottegavail.com/
- Phone: (970) 476-0280
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Stephen Virion
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: La Bottega offers catering from small personalized functions to buffets. From our famous East Coast style sandwich selections to Colorado Lamb or White Truffle Menus (in season) and authentic Italian Cuisine, La Bottega offers you a wide selection of options for your private affair. You may select off of our menus available on our website or have Chef Stephen Virion make a personalized menu to fit your event. Regardless, you will have a dining experience to remember. We will take care of all of your catering needs so that you can enjoy Vail and the mountains of Colorado.
- Private Party Facilities: Private room on second floor is available for up to 28 people Our Wine Bar is available for receptions and small events. Restaurant buy outs are available for entire night or for a portion of the evening.
- Private Party Contact: Stephen Virion 9704760280
- Cross Street: Vail Rd.
- Public Transit: Free in town public transportation is available on Meadow Drive which runs from 7:00 a.m until 2:00 a.m. La Bottega is just steps away from the Vail Plaza stop. La Bottega is on the corner of Meadow Drive and Vail Road.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Vail is a pedestrian village. Vail Transportation Center and Lionshead parking facilities are available. There is free parking in these public areas after 3:00 p.m. You may take a bus from either public parking structure or it is a 5 minute walk; West from the Vail Parking Structure and East from the Lionshead Parking Structure.
A word from La Bottega - Vail
La Bottega has been a mainstay for both locals and tourists alike since 1997. Having started as a sandwich and deli operation, La Bottega has grown into one of the top destinations for dining in the Vail Valley. La Bottega offers authentic Italian cuisine with the Chef Stephen Virion having worked in Tuscany and the Veneto regions of Italy. His wife, Elisabetta, is from Asiago, Italy and has crafted the wine list to compliment the cuisine. La Bottega's Wine Bar is a great place for apres ski or to just have a glass of wine with friends from our award winning wine list. Of course our famous sandwiches and our stone oven pizzas are still a big draw. At La Bottega there is something for everyone so as to make your dining experience enjoyable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Bottega - Vail reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (16)neighborhood gem (13)fit for foodies (13)notable wine list (11)romantic (8)special occasion (7)hot spot (7)good for groups (7)great for lunch (5)scenic view (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Off season diningLocalVailDined on 11/6/2014We love going here for dinner & what a treat to have a discount during the off season. The menu was limited, compared to their regular menu. I was fixed on having their Milanese, which was not offered. I did have the fruita de mar app for my entree, which is always good. I thought the ceasar was not up to their normal standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodHerbieVIPDined on 9/30/2014Engaging staff, great flavors and very comfortable atmosphere will continue to bring us back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wont disappointNancygVIPDined on 9/27/2014We loved everything about our evening from the amazing wine to the incredible tiramisu!! .... and everything in between!YumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True wood burning oven pizzaDeniseVIPDined on 9/24/2014It's been our favorite for over ten years ! We make a trip here no matter what the season is. Delicious every time.Special Features:
- service w/ an attitudec2c4Dined on 9/19/2014Mostly men and they have such a cavalier attitude, like they don't want to be there..took away from the decent food
- Delicious Italian in the mountainsNeetsieDined on 9/8/2014When in Vail, we always head back to La Bottega for consistently excellent food and service.Special Features:
- SarawdVIPDined on 8/29/2014The dish I had (chicken with penne) was way below average.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014The food at La Bottega is consistently great, and the service is good.Special Features:
- must have been an off nightJillnancyVIPDined on 8/4/2014I've been eating at this restaurant for years but last week it was lousy. The pizza tasted like it came out of a box and the pasta was gooey. Not sure if there is a new chef but they most def need to get back to where they used to be.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/2/2014This is one of our favorite places to eat in vail. Food is always good. The service this time could have been much better but we would still go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!Mags1739Dined on 8/1/2014My family goes to Vail every August and we always make a point to stop at La Bottega. The food is AMAZING. We crave it all year and it always meets expectations! Service was good, and atmosphere is wonderful.Special Features:
- Not so greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Been here several times in the past, and those visits have been much much better. We were there to celebrate a birthday and honestly so disappointed. The goat cheese appetizer that has been great in the past was awful, the sauce was like tomato soup! The lobster ravioli should have been called garlic ravioli, the mussels were so spicy, almost too spicy to eat. The service was very unattentive and almost rude. With all the other wonderful choices in Vail I wish we would have celebrated somewhere else!Special Features:
- Outdoor patio diningBeardiesRuleVIPDined on 7/27/2014Nice spot to have a quick meal with our grandkids. Greek salad with seared Ahi was delicious. Bowl of mussels also excellent, but Margarita pizza disappointing (no sliced tomatoes) just sauce, cheese & basil. TED sandwich (Thanksgiving Every Day) also disappointing since I never visit Vail without eating one. It just wasn't up to usual deliciousness. Sangria was great.Special Features:
- The following 296 reviews are from the La Bottega - Vail reviews archive.
- Count on it!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/10/2014Always a first stop when visiting Vail. Great food and service.Special Features:
- DeliciouslocalvailDined on 7/4/2014The food was fabulous, the first table where we were seated was much too loud, especially for a group of 5 one hard of hearing, we were reseated and it was much better.Special Features:
- Very good meal.martyVIPDined on 7/3/2014the staff went out of their way to accomodate us as we arrived about 2 hours before our reservation (we were tied and hungry and wanted to see if they could fit us in) and they did!Special Features:
- You are on your ownseethedolphinsVIPDined on 6/17/2014Service was poor from the moment we got there. Party of four, reservations, arrived early enough to sit on the patio. Servers seemed confused about what to do with us! We did our own seating. After waiting a while for our wine, we started to relax, then asked for bread. It eventually showed up -- three pieces for four people -- math is hard! We asked for additional pieces. And asked. Eventually decided to go ahead and start -- how surprising it was hard and stale. Lunch leftovers maybe? So around the fourth or fifth go-round we did get some warm soft fresh bread. Of course, by then entres were on the table. OK, so bread isn't the end of the world and the entres were OK. But server attitude really sets the tone.Special Features:
- Nice dinner after the season.JohnVIPDined on 4/21/2014Season had just ended in Vail and there were not many restaurants open. We had a very nice meal at La Bottega, good food, great service, and very nice people. My veal Milanese was very good and well seasoned, but slightly over cooked. Regardless, we had a nice evening and would go back.
- Excellent food + great ambiancePrg311VIPDined on 4/13/2014This restaurant never ceases to be one of the most enjoyable restaurants to visit in Vail. Each season, we make it our unspoken requirement to dine here at least once. It's because of its delicious food and it's always amazing ambiance that this restaurant greatly distinguishes itself from all the others, both must-sees when in Vail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy, yet refined ItalianphllysweetDined on 4/5/2014I am Italian and from Philadelphia, where quality Italian food is easy to come by. However, since moving to Colorado, I have yet to find an authentic Italian restaurant. La Bottega not only had the perfect ambiance, but the food was also delicious. The baked goat cheese appetizer and the lobster ravioli are delicious! We finished off the night with tiramisu, which was perfectly light and creamy along with the Biscotti vin santo, a tuscan favorite of mine.Special Features:
- Cozy and the well thought out menujillFDined on 4/1/2014The decor and ambiance was great and the Italian menu was well thought out. The lobster ravioli was delicious and the beef carpaccio with a truffle cream sauce was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better go to Olive GardenEmilioDined on 3/25/2014Made a reservation at 6.45PM. Showed up at 6.20 and told the guy at the desk if he could sit us early. He grumbled something and then proceeded to sit us.... there were many empty tables.... should have taken that as a signal. We asked for two appetizers and 5 main courses. The appetizers were fine... especially the Burrata salad. The pastas were terrible. Everyone left at least half their plate. The reality is tha the place, although located in prime real estate (Vail) it could barely cook italian better than your average cheap chain. At the end they show up with an 18% "optional" service charge... Spent almost $300 on bad italian for the family.
- Last year I came to have dinnerGillDined on 3/24/2014Last year I came to have dinner at La Bottega and had a wonderful experience, when I looked at the reviews I was a little concerned that it was not the same. But the food and service was fantastic. Actually, better than last time.We will return again with no hesitations. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Pleasant surprise!TenneesseeJulieVIPDined on 3/24/2014Food was great! Worth the money we paid. Drinks are slightly overpriced. We will return for dinner the next time we are in Vail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not good- meals cameOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/21/2014Food was not good- meals came cold and not very tasteful.Special Features:
- A staple for every Vail visit!McForkleDined on 3/16/2014We go to La Bottega every year when we visit Vail - great comfort food, good wine and consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Experience!WonderfullyRomanticVIPDined on 3/14/2014The night started out with a hitch as another group of five individuals "stole" our table by telling management that they were us! Well, they were NOT us--a little upsetting (for all involved). Without missing a beat, the manager told us (in no uncertain terms) that he would "handle the situation!" In a matter of seconds, we were given the best seat in the house! The appetizers were amazing. The salads (Josephine and Caesar) were fantastic! The main courses (wagyu ravioli with truffles and lobster ravioli and salmon) were all wonderful. However, possibly the best part of the night was the outstanding service from Zizi. He recommended the world-famous tiramisu! Loved this experience. We will be back next time in Vail!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Double thumbs downVailDined on 3/11/2014Dont go to this restaurant. It was terrible! It may offer pizzas, but at Vail there are so many other options. You lived learn.
- old saladLillyDined on 3/10/2014I had the Greek salad with Salmon. The Greek salad was old except for a side of greens right out of a supermarket bag with no dressing, Salmon was overcooked and not the freshest tasting. The soup was not good either. Our waiter was playing the disappearing act a lot. So we ended up asking other waiters who were all helpful.
- AverageMichaelDined on 3/5/2014We made a reservation weeks in advance and when we arrived the stuck us in a back room in a cramped corner. And there were 2 other tables in the small rood with screaming children. The other section of the restaurant had a much better atmosphere and we felt we missed out on a major part of the attraction of the restaurant. So we sat in a cramped corner in the crummy part of the restaurant with screaming children. We will not go back.
- Nice and quiet upstairsrbpsDined on 3/5/2014We ate in the upstairs dining room for the first time and highly recommend it as a quieter and less busy room. The food was excellent, as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not recommendChuckDined on 3/4/2014A $40 bowl of pasta w/ truffles should be good. WRONG! Pasta, not the truffles, was so dry I sent it back , 2nd time it was worst! DON'T go there. Other had a so-so meal
- Food was great, service wasrbpsDined on 3/2/2014Food was great, service was acceptable but we didn't get the impression that our server really was focused on ensuring our satisfaction and enjoyment. Seating at the café tables is awkward and the noise level in the bar was rather high, but the good food offsets those aspects of the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was goodgoodVIPDined on 2/28/2014despite the fact that it closes at a certain time and I've heard bad reviews from the locals about the owner the this was one of the better places we ate at in Vail. Much better than Campo and less expensive too. We stayed across the street and really enjoyed everything we ordered. Def will go again when we get back. Best part is it closes so early that you can still go to a bar afterward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere and delicious foodDeliciousDined on 2/21/2014A wonderful evening with delicious food! The decor and the cozy tables and bar seating give La Bottega a neighborhood bistro feel. The noise level is rather high, so this is not the place for a romantic evening out. We chose La Bottega based on the variety of its menu and its convenient location in the heart of Vail Village. We were not disappointed! The presentation of the all dishes we ordered was impressive, and the desserts were a special treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- most accommodatingangieDined on 2/21/2014The service and the food quality was outstanding! The staff couldn't do enough for you, anything you asked for you received even if something was not on the menu they prepared for you and to your liking. !!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good enough food, mediocre serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/18/2014Maybe it was the night we were here, but we had to choose our wine 3 times because they were out of whatever we asked for, then they were out of one of the diner's dinner choice. Did our server have no idea when the order was placed? Had to ask numerous times for requested things like drinks, wine bucket, more bread/ breadsticks. Food was fine but not outstanding and annoying dining experience, especially for the guy paying the bill!I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelisiosoMadioochDined on 2/17/2014Ate here last here on our trip to Vail. Only problem was that it was our last night and could not return for a second night! We weren't going to let that happen this year....love the seat at the brick oven bar but it can be hot. They have a great wine list, huge salads, great pasta dishes and yummy entrees. My 16 year old son always gets the spaghetti and meatballs and my husband loves their Dover sole. Last year I had the spaghetti carbonara (very memorable) but this year had the immense bowl of mussels that I watched Caesar make right in front of me! Spectacular! If we can carve out the time we will most definitely return this week and,if blessed to make it back to Vail again, on our next visit! Also, their pizzas are not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in vail!!Debbers18VIPDined on 2/16/2014Best food and a lot of fun , very energetic !!! Hot spot in town, not to be missed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/14/2014Started off with a "bang" when hostess threw down menus at a bar table because she did not like the that I asked for a regular table and not a high boy at the bar against a cold window. The bread was nothing remarkable and the linguine and clams was dry and was not memorable. My wife had overcooked cannelloni in that the pasta portion was down right hard. Eventually another hostess came over and apologized for the first hostess...I asked the waiter his opinion on the selected entrees and he said great to everything I asked...obviously they have not eaten their own food.