La Boheme (Fair Oaks)
9634 Fair Oaks Boulevard
Fair Oaks, CA 95628Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
La Boheme (Fair Oaks)
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.labohemefairoaks.com/
- Phone: 9169651071
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant directly for more details.
A word from La Boheme (Fair Oaks)
At La Boheme, enjoy a relaxing and romantic dining experience, either on our outdoor patio or indoors surrounded by a decor of wood paneling and cozy fireplace. We offer an excellent choice in French cuisine, from our continental sauces to our wild game dishes, flambé entrees and desserts. Select La Boheme for your dining pleasure, with that someone special or for all your party needs.Continued
For special events on Sunday, please call restaurant directly.
For special events on Sunday, please call restaurant directly.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Boheme (Fair Oaks) reviews from OpenTable diners
- Everyone in our party agreedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/23/2013Everyone in our party agreed that the dinner was very good. LaBoheme never disappoints. Only huge disappointment was that that was their last Saturday night - forever. They were closing the doors the following Tuesday. So sorry to see them go.Special Features:
- Two of our group of four reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/23/2013Two of our group of four really loved and enjoyed their dinners (rib eye and halibut). The other two (pork tenderloin) thought their dinners were okay - nothing special. It was our first time there and expectations were high. The ambiance was lovely and the service outstanding. Will try again and order differently. Also, $20 corkage fee seems a little much!Special Features:
- We were disappointed in theRetiredVIPDined on 2/21/2013We were disappointed in the quality of the food. It was good, but we expected better for the price.
- Very nice for special occassions.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013Very nice for special occassions. We have been there twice now and had the same waiter both times. He was excellent. Paid attention to us, but didn't over-due it.Special Features:
- We have always loved La Boheme...ouDavithorDined on 2/15/2013We have always loved La Boheme...our favorite restaurant!Special Features:
- La Boheme is looking tired.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013La Boheme is looking tired. The decor is outdated and the restaurant is musty smelling. The food was good, but not as great as I was expecting from the prices. The service was good, but maybe a little too good. I really don't need my water glass refilled after every sip. Our waiter knew the menu exceptionally well and was terrific.
- Very romantic noise levelOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013Very romantic noise level very low. Food on a scale of 1 to 13 an 8.Special Features:
- Just too close to home toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013Just too close to home to think about often enough, but, this is a neighborhood treasure that has been consistently a cut above for years. Would highly recommend that it be tested at least once.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day isn't alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2013Valentine's Day isn't always the best night to go out for a special meal. This evening the restaurant had a 'Holiday' menu which was less extensive than the usual menu so we had limited choices.We didn't know that before making the reservation. The food was delicious, though in my husband's opinion, sparse. We have to remember that French restaurants are known for serving small portions. My seafood dish was cooked perfectly and my husband's steak was wonderfully tender. We will go back to La Boheme when its not a holiday.Special Features:
- A must for romanceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/8/2013Very nice place. The ambiance and food were terrific. Service was prompt and friendly. A little pricey but well worth it.Special Features:
- I had the escargot for appetizerGeneVIPDined on 2/2/2013I had the escargot for appetizer which was good. The Beef Wellington was excellent; there was pate inside which gave this great flavor. The staff was very attentive.Special Features:
- Thank you for a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2013Thank you for a wonderful dining experience - again. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his Birthday dinner. The dessert was marvelous and the wait staff couldn't have been friendly or more attentive. We are looking forward to our next dinner with you! Sincerely, Roberta DeeringSpecial Features:
- This place was awesome. TheTeresaDined on 1/30/2013This place was awesome. The food fantastic and the wait staff was great. Mike took such good care of us and as I understand he has been there for some time. My friend had been there previously as she lives in the area. I happened to Google for a restaurant in the area and found this place by accident but she knew it well. Again food was awesome, service impectable and ambiance wonderful. Nice gas fire in the fireplace on a cool Sacramento night. Will go back there everytime I visit now!Special Features:
- for a pleasant eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/28/2013Quiet, quaint eatery. Food is decent. Service was good.Special Features:
- We've been dining at La BohemeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/19/2013We've been dining at La Boheme for over 20 years and have never been disappointed. One of a few great traditional restaurants left.Special Features:
- best gift ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/12/2013i took my parents here as a christmas gift and the had the time of their life fine dining with me and my fiance, they said "best xmas gift ever!" the experience and food was amazing and the service was out of this world!Special Features:
- Excellent service. Miss thecblincolnDined on 1/5/2013Excellent service. Miss the Grand Marnier souffle!Special Features:
- We love La Boheme and go theredinerDined on 12/31/2012We love La Boheme and go there several times a year. This was the first time we had been there on a "holiday," however, and were disappointed that the menu was severely limited and the prices were hiked up much higher than on a regular day. We did enjoy the food and service - nice way to spend New Year's Eve.
- Excellent evening out!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/29/2012We have a tradition that between Christmas and New Year's some of us "ole" friends get together for a fabulous night out and we've chosen La Boheme for the last three years and intend to keep the tradition going. Food is excellent, service is excellent and always a treat for us! Enjoy, we sure do!Special Features:
- Outstanding Food & Service-5 Stars!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012Appetizer (Shrimp & Scallops) was delicious. Soup (Onion) was absolutely fantastic. Main Course (Rack of Lamb) was beyond belief. And service was exceedingly polite, timely and most courteous. Outstanding overall. We are looking forward to our next dinner at La Boheme!Special Features:
- Awesome NZ Rack of LambHarveyVIPDined on 12/17/2012Great food -- love the New Zealand Rack of Lamb. And the special halibut was excellent. Mike was a very attentive server and nice personality. It is tradition for us to come here for our Anniversary. However, we will be returning even sooner.Special Features:
- Our waiter was the best.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/1/2012Our waiter was the best. He was attentive, cordial, relaxed and fun. The perfect combination. La Boheme has had a consistency of quality in all aspects of their food. It is a dining experience. We will return soon.Special Features:
- Terrific restaurant! La BohemeChrisDined on 11/13/2012Terrific restaurant! La Boheme is a Sacramento/Fair Oaks treasure that never disappoints. I'm concerned that more people have not discovered this one-of-a-kind French/American dining spot. Would hate to see La Boheme close because of a lack of customers who still relish a leisurely and lavish foodie event. Service is exceptional and the menu selections are plentiful and truly perfect for every taste. Slocom House closed -- and this is your substitute -- and even better -- so try it! You'll like it!Special Features:
- Our first visit. Nice olderSuncityredVIPDined on 11/9/2012Our first visit. Nice older darker dining room with fireplace. No wine by the glass list, waiter tells you what they have. My ladies scallops were excellent, my twin filets were well done, I requested medium. The desserts are truly great. The only place I know in the Sacramento area that still does flambe tableside. Our crepes suzettes were excellent. If you call ahead they will make almost anything you want from beef wellington to grand marnier souffle.Special Features:
- Lovely romantic place withOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/3/2012Lovely romantic place with exceptional food and ambianceSpecial Features:
- Unexpected classic french cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012Excellent traditional French cuisine. This is a traditional style French restaurant with personal service. From appetizer to dessert, all are traditional, generous servings with attentive service. The flaming desserts are a great experience for all they're prepared at your table. My first experience to celebrate my wife's birthday and we couldn't be more pleased with the experience. It is a traditional classic decor and we felt complete privacy, no noise interruptions and a space for the two us. It was a great evening and it will be a new favorite. Thank youSpecial Features:
- We really enjoyed our diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2012We really enjoyed our dining experience. Nick, our waiter, was especially knowledgeable and helpful. I think everyone in our party was happy with their food selections and we'd love to go again.Special Features:
- Main courses were fine butOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/13/2012Main courses were fine but not special. The accompanying vegetables and potato were poorly presented and poorly seasoned. Unlikely to return, but it is rather out of our way.
- We were looking for a specialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012We were looking for a special restaurant to celebrate our grandson's 18th birthday. He had never had French food. La Boheme fulfilled all expectations! The special items of the night -- kangaroo and elk as well as the standard appetizer of escargot made for a memorable birthday. The house wine was very good as well.Special Features:
- Returned on our anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/24/2012I have been to La Boheme a number of times over the years, but this time, the owner was working solo - no staff help other than the kitchen, so he had to do everything from seating, taking orders, serving and busing. We were in no hurry so it wasn't an issue with us, but he told us that it was a Monday night, he only had one reservation, and thought it would be really slow. It was, except those who were there, about 14 came at the same time. Food was very good as usual, but the decor is becoming quite dated. And it is rather an odd place for a French restaurant, but its been there for about 20 years.Special Features:
- La Boheme is always a classOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/22/2012La Boheme is always a class place with excellent food, service, and ambiance. It is highly recommended for anyone looking for a classic dining experience in a romantic setting.Special Features:
- dependable menu. outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2012dependable menu. outstanding service. The filet medallions were superb. The halibut almondine (a special that night)was just so-so.
- Old school restaurant andRosieDined on 9/8/2012Old school restaurant and menu....great as always.Special Features:
- The Beef Wellington was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2012The Beef Wellington was great! The service was great.Special Features:
- Food was ok, but forgettable.HojayDined on 9/1/2012Food was ok, but forgettable. Service was marginal and staff was rude to my guests when they arrived early. All in all, there are better experiences for the money.
- The filet and the veal withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2012The filet and the veal with brie sauce were fantastic!Special Features:
- Food and service was great.AlisonjimmyDined on 8/27/2012Food and service was great. We had a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- delightful and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2012i love the service here and the food is always cooked to perfection! cant wait to come back in the winter when the fireplace is goingSpecial Features:
- We love this place. It seemsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2012We love this place. It seems there are no others like it in the Sacramento area. Classic foods, well prepared and a great setting. Perfect for special dinners, birthdays, anniversaries and what ever else you might want to enjoy with a great dinner.Special Features:
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/28/2012Most consistent restutaurnt ever, our #1 choice for a special dinnerSpecial Features: