6427 - 112 Avenue
Edmonton, AB T5W 0N9Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.laboheme.ca/
- Phone: 780-474-5693
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, French
- Executive Chef: Connie Stojanowski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Tanya Alexander 3238482360
- Cross Street: 65th Street
- Public Transit: Bus stops directly in front of La Boheme (East bound) & 1/2 block accross the street (Westbound).
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking is available (EVENINGS & WEEKENDS ONLY) at Direct Line Insurance... (accross the street from La Boheme).
A word from La Boheme
Here at La Boheme you will find an elegant ambiance that will enrich your dining experience. We have beautiful private dining facilities for weddings, birthdays, anniversaries or business affairs with seating from 8 to 40. You can choose from a selection of five unique rooms. Have a party in the Wine Cellar, which is designed in oak and seats up to 18 people, or the Tango Salon, with its collection of tango photographs and open dance floor. Our restaurant features sensibly priced, classical and contemporary cuisine elegantly prepared in the French tradition. Bon appetite!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Boheme reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (3)romantic (3)special occasion (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (3)hot spot (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014We only go to your restaurant for very special occasions but would never think of going anywhere else! Excellent!Special Features:
- The following 65 reviews are from the La Boheme reviews archive.
- MediocrePenguinDined on 6/27/2014This place needs a make-over and a good cleaning. For instance, the curtains are dirty and mismatched. The silk flowers are old and dusty. The seat pads are not good enough to donate to goodwill. The food was okay. But didn't taste fresh. And most importantly, the kitchen service was slow. We were there for 3 courses and it too us 3 hours to get out. The waitress was very friendly and professional.
- Bit of a letdownLaynerDined on 6/15/2014Took my husband and daughter for Father's Day brunch and have to agree with a few of the previous reviews. The "buffet" is a bit weak, the croissants were alright but the fruit was underripe and the whole thing wasn't being attended to very diligently. The main menu selection sounded pretty good but looked better on paper than it tasted. Decent, but not a step above. The coffee is weak and costs extra above the set price. Lame! However the ambience of the historic building, although in need of some TLC, is wonderful and romantic. I'm a sucker for proper French dining though, so I would like to try dinner here some evening paired with a stroll along the boulevard, but I won't come with my expectations set too high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as beforeShannonDined on 6/15/2014We have attended La Boheme a few times. This was my first time it was a disappointment. An elderly person with a cane in our party was forced to stand several minutes before he was greeted and staff were not visible. He visibly struggled with the length of time he had to stand. I am not suggesting that they were not busy but there was no acknowledgement of the wait. Other people had to wait longer even when they had reservations. The wait also continued to be a theme throughout the meal. It was not unduly busy and I felt it was poorly managed. I would not go back on a day that I would see as busier than average but I also hope that this was a one-off as I've normally had a positive experience.Special Features:
- Badly in need of an updateFoodMom38VIPDined on 4/20/2014At one time, this was a favorite restaurant for us and it holds a lot of good memories. We had not been here for many years, and were excited to return for Easter Brunch. When we arrived our table was not ready despite having made a reservation and the restaurant being only being one-third full at most. We were disappointed to see the once vibrant place in such a sad state of disrepair. The décor is badly in need of updating. Brunch consists of a small croissant, fruit and dessert buffet, and a selection of mains. The food itself was good, but not anything outstanding. I hope that La Bo heme will make an effort to return itself to the type of fine restaurant that it once was. I would hate to see it disappear from the city's dining scene.
- Good, just not greatDaveandSueDined on 2/15/2014Overall we enjoyed our night out. There were excellent plates (like the crepe entre), marginal (the Bouillabaise), and not even close (the 2 soup choices). The wine did bring it together and the desserts salvaged the rating. For a French restaurant...staff should have spoken 90% French. We will go back...since there clearly are very good choices on the menu. Also, if you state a dress code, enforce it. If more formal is desired, make it clear what is minimal requirement. Nothing ruins a nice romantic setting than 2-3 guys next to you in jeans. (Rather than just turn away guests, seperate areas for different group...French were also kniwn for class structure. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding AnniversarydiningoutDined on 1/22/2014Great location for a special occasion. This French restaurant is tucked away in a local neighbourhood and is also well known for it's Bed & Breakfast. Wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2014No complaints. Food was good and our party of three were all very full! Room really needs updating and I bet the restaurant would find a new life with many more patrons if they put just a little effort in yo the decor and renos. Solid choice but probably won't return anytime soon because there are many good restaurants in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely brunchSunny1Dined on 1/12/2014Went for Sunday Brunch, this place is great for a romantic couple brunch, the food was awesome, they have a small buffet with fruit, desserts and breads to go along with your brunch menu choice...I was with my children and it was too 'fancy' for them and quite pricey as well. Service was a touch slow, considering there were only two parties at our booked time. Nice place, I been for dinner as well and dinner is very romantic as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our family made reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/20/2010Our family made reservations at La Boheme for Father's Day Brunch. The best part of the brunch was definitely the pastry buffet. There was croissants, pies, cookies, delicious mousse and cakes and macarons. It is $23,95/person which was pretty good considering the amount of food we had. The service was timely and polite; an overall good time for the whole family! We did enjoy our dinner experience there more, but we would recommend going to La Boheme to any of our friends.Special Features:
- For an expensive restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2010For an expensive restaurant, this place was simply was not up to the standard I expect. The elk steak was good but the seafood pasta was really, really poor. A dinner for two cost $110. The decor I felt was shabby and definitely needs an overhaul. Sorry, but there's plenty of other places in Edmonton we can get better food for much less.
- Our expectations were high,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/7/2010Our expectations were high, long before we visited. The waiters were friendly and seemed to understand that we were not connoisseurs. The 'pink house wine' was fine. We ordered the soup and the brie as appetizers. I'm almost 50 and was trying to recall the last time I enjoyed the taste of soup that much. It probably had something to do with the cinnamon. The Brie salad was also very good. The main course was fillet Mignon and Arctic Char. I had the Char...amazing. The flavours from the sauces drizzled on the side, made the meal memorable. My wife prefers medium well steak so the it was much like we have at home (her choice;she liked it). The cheesecake that we shared was the best cheesecake I have ever tasted. A superb dining experienceSpecial Features:
- We were very unhappy withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/1/2010We were very unhappy with our experience at this restaraunt, we had to wit over 1 and half hours for our food after eating and then the portions wer very very small. Iwould never visit this restaraunt again. Although our waitress was very nice and freindly. Price of the food was way overpriced.
- Our waiter was fabulous -OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/1/2010Our waiter was fabulous - very attentive and personable. Our food was very delayed, and so he offered us extra bread and wine. The food was quite good - not the best I've ever had, but good quality. The maitre d' wore a very strong perfume that I found overpowering - would really recommend she refrain from wearing perfume. We want to taste our food, not perfume!
- My wife and I reside in theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/24/2010My wife and I reside in the Highlands area and invited the two other couples following two of the couples receiving gift cards as wedding presents. I have dined at La Boheme in the past both for lunch and for dinner but not for a year or two. The group of six are all eduators and principals with Edmonton Catholic Schools and bring our staffs to the restaurant for lunches from time to time. We are frequent guests of Hardware Grill, Ric's Grill and other finer establishments and we were all anxious to share another wonderful meal, or so we thought. Of the six guests, 4 ordered the seafood casserole which for 28.95 for 3 shrimp and 3 scallops and a plate of tepid, ragu like pasta was extremely disappointing. The other two dishes were good.Special Features:
- LaBoheme is a favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/12/2010LaBoheme is a favorite restaurant of mine for special occasions. The food is very good but as a typical high fashion restaurant presentation outweighs food portion so you do tend to go away hungry (be prepared to have a midnight snack when you get home)which tend to be a bit disappointing when your paying $150+ for your meal. I am not complaining though as the food was a delight to the pallet. The server was excellent and the ambiance was great though we had to chuckle at the choice of music piped in (Vegas 30's music)Didn't seem to French restaurantish. As it was our 15th wedding anniversary and I did tell them that, it would have been nice if someone at least acknowledged it.Special Features:
- From the minute we walkedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/27/2010From the minute we walked in to when we left, the service was great!! The food was excellent, although small portions and highly priced, that go's for the wine as well,,,but as it was a special occasion for us, we didn't let it affect us too much. The only thing is it took a very long time to get our appetizer (almost 1 hour) and after that another 30 minutes before our main dish. So don't go if you are ready to eat a whole beef because you will be disappointed.Special Features:
- Definitely one of the betterJohnBoyDined on 3/21/2010Definitely one of the better restaurants in the city. And definitely one of the ones will enjoy again.Special Features:
- An enjoyable evening. TheSpringDined on 3/13/2010An enjoyable evening. The meal and service met our expectations and provide good value at a reasonable price. We were fortunate in that on our way out, we met the owner, who gave us a wonderful history of the building and how it has been and continues to be restored. A guided tour of the other floors added to the experience. What a great way to close the evening. It certainly made us want to return and enjoy the bed and breakfast which they also offer.Special Features:
- This was the first time weOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/28/2010This was the first time we have visited this restraunt. The food and service was excellent. Fantastic romantic atmophere. Would for sure go back!!!!!Special Features:
- Excellent experience, foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2010Excellent experience, food was excellent and I will go back to try other items on the menu. Very unique building and atmosphere. were a little short of staff on the day I was there which was the day after Valentines day and my reservation was made late; however were coourteous and accomodating!Special Features:
- The place was very nice theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/13/2010The place was very nice the staff were well above average unfourtunatly the food was nothing special. Portion size was reasonable and presentation was nice. The food lacked creativity and sophication I am lucky to live in Edmonton Alberta with so many wonderful resturants that I would be hesitant to go back.Special Features:
- First impression was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/13/2010First impression was very poor. We were greeted curtly, informed we are early and left standing in a drafty hallway.The table service was very good but the waiter was really over-worked.The menu is totally inflexible. A simple appetizer on the Table D'Hote could only be had if you took the whole Table D'Hote. This is a problem as there regular menu has very limited range of appetizers. The Ceaser salad was the smallest serving I have ever seen! Overall the the rest of the food was good . I think a real problem is the lack of personnel. There seemed to be 2 wait people for the whole restaurant, hence the unwelcoming reception. In spite of the good food (apart from the salad), I doubt I will return. The prices are high and ther are more welSpecial Features:
- Very good. Fire was lit aOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/7/2010Very good. Fire was lit a provided perfect atmosphere. Staff was attentive and timely.Special Features:
- We went for brunch. The selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/3/2010We went for brunch. The selection on the buffet table was not great. They had croissonts, watermelon and pineapple. You do get to select an entree (i.e. omelette) Other establishments charging similar prices for brunch ($25) usually have a variety of cheeses, omelette/waffle station, cold foods, hot foods and desserts. In addition, they charged for the coffee and tea which is usually included everywhere else. If you are looking for selection I would not suggest this restaurant for brunch. If you are looking for quiet and relaxing and are not too concerned about a good selection of food you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- New Year's Eve dinner wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2009New Year's Eve dinner was wonderful! The special menu, food/wine pairings, were well thought out and thoroughly enjoyed. Service was exceptional. The lovely background music was enjoyable and at a non-intrusive volume. The restaurant's decor was festive and beautiful.Special Features:
- Excellent food, great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/20/2009Excellent food, great service, wonderful ambience. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- This restaurant had 2 privateRITZDined on 12/11/2009This restaurant had 2 private parties on the same evening. Our table was in the basement, as quaint as the decor was, it was still the basement, not at all what I was expecting nor warned about. The live music was much to loud in the basement. Luckily it didn't go on too long. The food was good, great soup and deserts.Special Features:
- my husband and i enjoyed ourOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/7/2009my husband and i enjoyed our appetizers and entrees very much. i however was disappointed in the creme brulee. the creme was very thin and watery from the heating of the sugar crust which was so thick and hard i needed a knife to break through it and it was like chewing brittle. would i go back. absolutly but might not have desert.Special Features:
- i appreciate it was busy withOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/28/2009i appreciate it was busy with xmas parties but the service was very slow, it took 45mins before anyone took the wine order!! when the food came it was good but the slow service ruined the overrall exprience
- I had a lovely time at LaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/28/2009I had a lovely time at La Boheme. The food and service were wonderful. The only drawback was that the restaurant was a little too dark making it difficult to read the menu and our bill.
- tender, perfectly grillrfOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2009tender, perfectly grillrf awesome sauce, fabulous white chocolate mousse, great filet, grilled veggies to die for, awesome pepper soup. Wonderful ambience. beautifully presented. dinner was hotSpecial Features:
- The food was wonderful! LanlefebvreDined on 10/22/2009The food was wonderful! La Boheme is very cozy, nice restaurant. A good place for a dinner with friends, but an excellent place for a romantic, relatively inexpensive dinner. You could have easily paid twice the amount for food,and it still would've been worth it.Special Features:
- The food was great and veryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2009The food was great and very nicely presented. Service was not rushed and the atmosphere is wonderful. The owner even came out to check on us while we were there. Very good place to go if you want a non-chain style experience.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch is done veryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2009Sunday Brunch is done very nicely at La Boheme. Buffet for fruit, pastries and dessert and select on of several entrees from the menu. Wonderful food in historic surroundings. Very attentive service. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- This was our first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2009This was our first time at La Boheme. We enjoyed our evening. We asked for a quieter area and were accommodated with that request. The food and choice of wine was fantastic and our server was excellent. I would definitely go back again!! Thank you for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- It was nice, but the musicOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2009It was nice, but the music was so loud that we felt we had to yell at each other. The waiter was a great server, but was not very friendly. Don't really think we would go back again, for the price, could find better.Special Features:
- A great relaxing meal. WeAnonymouseater1Dined on 9/14/2009A great relaxing meal. We enjoyed not having to rush. The food was delicious and spaced very well as we had plenty of time to enjoy ourselves.Special Features:
- Atmosphere, food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/8/2009Atmosphere, food and service are top notch. Very romantic.Special Features:
- Food was excellent as wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/4/2009Food was excellent as was the service. For special occasions, we always come back.Special Features: