8400 Santa Monica Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafelaboheme.us/
- Phone: (323) 848-2360
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Happy Hour: Everyday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Sunday Brunch 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Martha Esquivel
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from La Boheme
Semi-private booths downstairs and rock star booths upstairs are surrounded by stunning views of crystal chandeliers and a glowing fireplace. Arguably one of the most romantic spots in L.A., the garden patio boasts a fireplace of its own beautifully framed by roses and greenery...a definite al fresco paradise. Expect a warm welcome, impeccable service, unparalleled cuisine, and chic crowd at this prime destination. Prepare to stimulate all of your senses at La Boheme.Continued
The menu is unique, multifaceted and is considered “New American with European Influences.”
The menu is unique, multifaceted and is considered “New American with European Influences.”
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
La Boheme - Best Restaurants in West Hollywood ›
La Boheme reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (40)special occasion (33)great for outdoor dining (22)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (19)neighborhood gem (16)notable wine list (8)late-night find (6)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (3)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Excellent service! Magnifique!dylanydDined on 11/23/2014We came for out parents anniversary dinner and we all had a wonderful time. What a beautiful, romantic spot for dinner. The decor was 50 Shades meets '20's Speakeasy! The roaring fireplace was a gorgeous focal point for our cozy booth. Thanks to the sweet, efficient and well-trained hostess and staff, you made our night really special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUShappyfullcontentDined on 11/14/2014We had not been to LaBoheme in years not for any reason, just hadn't. Decided to go there for my husband birthday, to our delight things were as wonderful as we had remembered. Service is fantastic, food out of this world and A very warm and inviting ,beautiful atmosphere. Loved our server Morgan, also met the general manager a real asset to the restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good choiceManhattanbeachgirlVIPDined on 10/31/2014Great food, amazing atmosphere, and very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food, Beautiful PlaceprttymnknowsitallDined on 10/28/2014My parents criteria were; Hollywood style, quiet, beautiful, good food. The fact that it didn't break the bank was a bonus. The staff was attentive, the ambiance was very intimate. One of my best experiences since I moved to LA.Special Features:
- Lost reservation wedding anniversardirectrpepVIPDined on 10/26/2014It was our 1 year wedding anniversary & this is where I proposed. I made the reservation the week before (6:30pm) & requested "our" table & make it extra special in some/any way b/c of the occasion. I even called afterwards to confirm & spoke with someone. When we arrived, the hostess did not look up the reservation. I had to insist that she look it up (i wanted to ensure that our table was prepared & also remind them of our special occasion). She again said that there was no reservation. Nothing I could do as it was obvious there would be nothing "special" for us. It was an uneventful night as the food was subpar & the hostesses demeanor (she was the one that brought out the bread, water, etc as well) was very dry and unpleasant.
- Excellent WeHo Spot!StephCADined on 10/24/2014This restaurant is truly a gem. The food never disappoints and the service is exceptional. Thomas has been our waiter that past few times we've had dinner at La Boheme and he is fantastic! I can't sing his praises enough. We'll definitely come back soon.Special Features:
- Very RomanticKimmykldDined on 10/23/2014We arrived for our 15th Anniversary and immediately loved this place. Very charming staff and a gorgeous dining room. Food was simply fantastic and we loved every minute of our dinner. Definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic indeedjlkndlrDined on 10/17/2014I went there after having driven by the day before. The place seemed cosy and romantic, I certainly wasn't disappointed. My wife and I had a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Brava!CRinLAVIPDined on 10/8/2014Had not been here in some time. The décor is in keeping with the name with flashes of red complimenting crystal chandaliers against dark colored walls creating a very Boheme-esque/Spanish ambiance. Started with the white anchovy bruschetta and it was delightful and light! I then had the Heritage Pork Chop while my dining partner had Mary's Chicken. Both we prepared with fresh ingredients and were moist and prepared perfectly creating wonderfully delightful entrees. We then shared the lemon crème brulee and the butterscotch pudding. Both delightfully fresh and light. The butterscotch pudding was lightly flavored butterscotch and not overly butterscotch nor sweet....wonderful. The lemon crème brulee was heavenly flavored and light.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night and Loved itDConradDined on 9/27/2014We just moved to the area, and have talked about going many times. Luckily we had friends in town who wanted a cool WEHO place to go to! We all loved it, food was great, and our waiter, Dylan, we amazing. Very entertaining personality, attentive, but not too much….WE will be back for sure, and will bring others as often as we can. Thank you for a wonderful night!Special Features:
- Maybe a bit too BohemeBillyLaLaDined on 9/27/2014We always look forward to dinner in this soaring space, with its fireplace and chandeliers. However, the kitchen appears to be back in one of its inconsistent periods. My roasted cauliflower appetizer was tasty, but the chicken entrée was wholly unsatisfactory. The chicken was very undercooked (a LOT of pink, even more red close to the bone), and not very well thought through in the planning: my palate was assaulted with salt and acidity. The roasted lemon section atop the meat did not lend itself well to the already-acidic bed of tomatillo salsa. The dish really needed a mitigating flavor (perhaps a mild root vegetable, which might have absorbed some of the aggressive saltiness or acidity, or a fresh veggie for brightness).Special Features:
- Lovely for late dinnerWeHoChrisDined on 9/26/2014A group of 4 went after theater, around 945pm on a Friday--it was great. They weren't too busy and did not rush us at all. We had a leisurely, delicious dinner and conversation. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Trendy, hipster, romanticAtmosphereoverfoodDined on 9/20/2014This is a lovely restaurant, the ambiance and decor are great. It's romantic but still lively enough for a group outing. Service was attentive. My only complaint is the food was only ok, I don't understand why it's labeled as Mediterranean/American. I fail to see the Mediterranean part of the menu. My order was not prepared as asked, I love gourmet burgers and mine was over cooked and bland. Two of my friends did love the salmon though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014It had been a while since the last time I was at La Boheme. Saturday evening was a good reminder why I was there before, and why I will goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance is far too darkSeptimussonDined on 9/1/2014Okay food, good service, but the ambiance at night is so dark you can hardly see your food. Also they have some treacherous unlit steps down as you step into the main seating area. Literally painted black and completely unlit. I and my guest had to grope our way down. I'm surprised the restaurant hasn't had a lawsuit.Special Features:
- Could be great againNeighborDined on 8/30/2014La Boheme used to be a destination and, even though it was Labor Day weekend, it should've been much busier Saturday evening. The place has ambience and certainly fair/good/friendly service. But the food and drinks were average to mediocre. The outdoor dining area could be really special, but it's been left to go to ruin. About a days' worth of attention to the garden working with just what's there already and a few minor fixes and it would be amazing, but it was sad. Don't think I'll be back unless I hear someone's invested some time and money to improve this place.Special Features:
- Cool placeDinnerfourtwoDined on 8/29/2014Good food, great ambiance, waiting staff is friendly, overall a nice place for a romantic dinner with a special someone or group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmaryllisVIPDined on 8/25/2014I always look forward to returning to La Boheme for its consistently excellent service and food, not to mention the stunning decor. I docked one star for the food this time only because my Lobster Risotto, usually brilliant, was a little bland -- likely due to a miscommunication regarding an ingredient adjustment I had requested. Bottom line: This place is a treasure. I'd happily go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food quite ordinaryAwinrmVIPDined on 8/13/2014We love the patio for dining there. The menu is quite limited and the food is quite ordinary. Would go again for the patio....not the food. Service...bordering on poor....waiters quite absent and non attentive.....and mixed up the serving of the salads and the entrees. Need to get it together. Not the same restaurant it used to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodymnovakDined on 8/11/2014We had a lovely dinner with a friend and it was a great atmosphere...outside seating was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely La BohemeElkanRealtorVIPDined on 8/9/2014The ambience is terrific. Beautiful restaurant. This is a special place. The appetizers were delicious, as was the salmon. The steak was mediocre, but everything else was really good.Special Features:
- it used to be goodag290Dined on 8/8/2014The food has become tasteless. I've been here about 5 times and the first time it was great but every time after that it's been a not so great experience. I've been hoping it would be better but no. I won't be going back. This is one of those places that is completely different when you use a deal vs no deal. Not good.
- Switch and BaitfishwineDined on 8/8/2014Went on this occasion to use a Living Social coupon which stated '2 entrees up to $30 each’...I’ve been there previously...they substituted a cheaper menu for anyone using the coupon which had lesser faire. If you are trying to encourage more business with a special offer, it should be special not lesser. The service was not up to its normal standard, either. Was it ‘coupon profiling?'Special Features:
- Enjoyable Dinner!BrazilBabeVIPDined on 8/7/2014We had a LivingSocial voucher and it was a great value! The food was very good, service as well! There was one big loud table in the middle of the restaurant that was a bit annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La BohemeLarryBVIPDined on 8/5/2014La Boheme is a beautiful restaurant. The service was fine. The food was good but not great. I think the best thing about the restaurant is the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2014They created their own menu for their livingSocial deal! They were very rude when it came to ordering something off the regular menu. False advertisement! Never again!
- A disappointmentUnhappyDined on 7/29/2014I had great expectations but. Starter was ok if lacking style but pate was not fresh. Special based on 10oz ribeye steak was subject to almost cold vegetables and the steak was thin small and boring I didn't stay for dessert!Special Features:
- The following 1073 reviews are from the La Boheme reviews archive.
- Disrespect CouponsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014We were treated nicely until we told them we had a dinner coupon. They took back their regular menu and handed us a different one. The waiter took our order then never said another word to us. When we asked for some pepper, he brought us a pepper shaker. When the full paying couple at the table next to us asked for pepper the waiter brought over a fresh pepper grinder. They really made us feel unwelcome.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerLuvcoupleDined on 7/24/2014Our experience here was very lovely. I would recommend it very much! :)Special Features:
- Gothic Vibeguest109Dined on 7/19/2014Felt like dining in Count Dracula's livingroom. It's romantic if you're a vampire but sorta interesting. Food is just average and somewhat pricey for what you get.Special Features:
- Very nice mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/18/2014I wish it wouldn't have closed so early on a Friday night. By 10:15, we were the only table dining. I felt a bit rushed to "closeout."Special Features:
- Great patioDfromwehoDined on 7/18/2014My wife and i had eaten at La Boheme before, but had not dined on their patio. It was lovely. Nice water feature and fireplace going. and there was just enough of a buffer from the street noise. our waiter was attentive and helpful with our menu selections. We will definitely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ribeye was dank.lemurrDined on 7/15/2014Went here for DineLA and got the Ribeye steak. Medium Rare of course. it was so good. The banana bread pudding was delicious as well. Service was good, but we did have to ask for bread instead of being served bread.Special Features:
- Exceptional flavorsFoodGodDined on 7/15/2014the subtle flavors of the food was heaven for the sensesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience for a date nightfoodie111VIPDined on 7/12/2014It was a really fun night. Good menu and romantic ambience. It's dark and has good music. There were 2 large birthday parties when we were there and a bunch of small tables of 2. Mostly couples. We had a reservation but still had to wait about 20 mins for our table even though there were a lot of empty tables. That's okay because the bar is cute to wait at. I would go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great garden, mediocre foodPaulVIPDined on 7/11/2014The garden is veyr pleasant and romantic! We were offered a glass of wine at the bar but when we ordered a glass at our table, we were informed it was only available at the bar! Bruschettas were piled high with too much pate (overpowering) Food presentation was clumsy. Server was good, but the food was unremarkable. Food was affordable, though, so I guess you get what you pay for.
- Nothing specialPointhoarderVIPDined on 7/11/2014Haven't been here for years and came back with a Living Social voucher. The food seems to have suffered over the years. The pork chop was dry and the apple brandy sauce added nothing to the meat. The goat cheese tart was bland. The Moroccan salmon was a winner. Very moist with great couscous. We heard a waiter say they had been open for 24 years. They haven't aged well.
- grrat as alwaysgreatfoodDined on 7/9/201420 years and still strong. Love this place. Need a better happy hour though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassicDanielDined on 7/8/2014La Boheme has been our go-to place for years for any celebrations or romantic evenings. It's long been a great place for dining. I had the lobster risotto which was fantastic, buttery and smooth. My husband had the pork chop which was also delicious. We ate outside this time which is always lovely and quiet, but inside is also beautiful and romantic. The quality of La Boheme remains.Special Features:
- not good choice for special dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Not enough server, appetizer taste and presentation so bad, happy hour has no meaning at all!