La Bodega - Leawood
4311 W 119th St.
Leawood, KS 66209Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
La Bodega - Leawood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.labodegakc.com/
- Phone: (913) 428-8272
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Nate Deters
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For any catering needs please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entertainment: "La Bodega hosts live music on Fridays & Sundays in Leawood. Fridays feature Matt Shoaf for Happy Hour, playing a wide range of acoustic favorites from the 60s to current hits. Sunday evenings are intimate performances from Mistura Fina or Guitarras Ibéricas. Mistura Fina is a Brazilian ensemble playing jazz, bossa nova, samba, and more. Guitarras Ibéricas is an all-star duo of Beau Bledsoe & Jordan Shipley featuring over 10 different stringed instruments - a must see!"
A word from La Bodega - Leawood
"Tapas" - In the beginning. Tapas is a daily event in the life of the Spanish culture. Mainly a Northern Spain, Basque regional tradition, it has grown to signify a way of eating and socializing. It is said that tapas originated centuries ago. In Spanish, the word tapa or the verb tapar means "to cover." Tapas represents the Spanish custom of placing a piece of bread over the glass of wine. It is a custom that dates back past the 1500's. Traditionally, the exact food served is less important than the social occasion. Tapas is a way of life. It signifies leisure, camaraderie and good humor. In Spain, Tapas are almost always accompanied by wine. They are not so much about talking as they are about eating and drinking. The wine is the medium that holds the conversation with friends and the food together. You make time to enjoy the moment in an unhurried way. The threefold purpose of snacking on tapas is to dull any hunger pangs that have built up since the previous intake of comestibles.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
La Bodega - Leawood - Best Restaurants in Leawood ›
La Bodega - Leawood reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (58)great for outdoor dining (55)good for groups (39)neighborhood gem (34)special occasion (31)hot spot (27)romantic (18)vibrant bar scene (18)great for lunch (16)great for brunch (13)late-night find (13)notable wine list (11)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- So much fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2014A perfect evening topped off with their flaming coffee drink!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InconsistantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014The first time we ordered the calamari and chorizo, it was amazing. The calamari was cooked perfectly in the rendered chorizo; all the flavors blended nicely. Twice now, we've ordered that same dish, and I don't think they used real chorizo. It was like summer sausage, the calamari was tasteless, and, to make up for the lack of taste, they added pepper to the sauce. I'm willing to try it again since it was so good the first time, but I think I'll ask first whether or not they're using real chorizo that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it and I'll return for more.Montenegro26Dined on 11/18/2014The wife and I were celebrating our anniversary and I wanted to take her to eat Paella. I lived in Spain so I know how it should be made and it was outstanding, the staff when out of their way to make us comfortable and catered to all our needs. I’m planning on returning next week to bring my family form ChicagoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love small plates!KCDinerDined on 11/7/2014Great atmosphere, great service, delicious small plates! LaBodega never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingWannabefoodieDined on 10/18/2014I heard of this place years ago. I'm sorry I didn't try it sooner. My husband and I went for our 8 year wedding anniversary and loved all the tapas we ordered!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014The waiter was outstanding. Recommended some of his favorite dishes so we tried them for the first time and loved them. There were four in our group so we passed all the tapas around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun eveningHappy2bDined on 10/10/2014Yummy food, nice selection of wines by the glass, fun atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Great experienceGrtdngDined on 10/7/2014We were seated right away. The waitress was helpful and efficient. The service was superb and we all enjoyed our meals. My only criticism is that the tapa with green beans and potatoes was heavy on the potatoes and too light on the beans; tasted delicious though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our faveBradynKaraDined on 10/6/2014La bodega has quickly become our favorite place to be. The manager is the best, the restaurant is beautiful and the food is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchFirstvisitVIPDined on 10/5/2014Had a great brunch at La Bodega this weekend - we've eaten dinner there many times, but this was our first brunch. The menu was Spanish oriented and the dishes and ingredients unique. If you would like to try something outside the normal bacon and egg/pancake breakfast menu, this is the place.Special Features:
- DisappointingKCdinerVIPDined on 10/3/2014Food was just average. Our server seemed to have great difficulty understanding our order - one person in our party ordered a steak but was served pork. He also had difficulty understanding our cocktail order. One tapas item was served with no description. The paella wasn't particularly good. Won't return. .
- DisappointingSvenDined on 9/26/2014Had one tapas which consisted of cheese and tomato sauce with fried bread that looked like it came out of a jar. My wife had the seafood paella which was dry and did not have much taste to it, I had the seafood with rice which was better. The dessert we shared was some kind of mouse with chocolate and raspberry, again, not great, all the chocolate was in one lump. Service and ambience was pretty good, but we were disappointed with the overall quality of the food.Special Features:
- Great evening spotAndyDined on 9/20/2014We had a great experience, on a night that we truly needed it. The service was friendly and attentive, the food really hit the spot, and the energy in the restaurant was very vibrant. Being tapas, we were able to try 6 different plates - and all were delicious! The sangria also helped ease the muggy night we had :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food!Luv2dineandwineDined on 9/5/2014Food as always was wonderful! Service was great and the Spanish coffee was wonderful! Love this place for our special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Losing its charmbsmithtodayDined on 9/5/2014Over the years I been two both locations many times. Lately I find myself leaving unsatisfied- arrogant staff, slow service, sub-par food (seriously why is the paella so bad now?). It use to be fun to go in, drop a couple hundred dollars but now there are too many options that are better. Sorry La Bodega but you need to step up your game.Special Features:
- Great Date NightChrisWDined on 8/31/2014The food was fantastic, the sangria delicious, and the service was excellent - attentive but not at all intrusive - for a perfect date night dinner.Special Features:
- Sundays at La BodegaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014Good wine choices and great tapas with exceptional guitarists performing music of Spain and Portugal make for very satisfying Sunday dining. Raphael and the waitstaff are always pleasant and professional.Special Features:
- Good for outdoor diningAbundantlyyoursDined on 8/29/2014Loved everything we got, except the Spanish omelet, which we returned because it was just tasteless.Special Features:
- Favorite place to meet friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014There is nothing better than an evening out with my friends and colleagues at LaBodega. The food, atmosphere, and service are wonderful. And half price bottle of wine night on Monday is a great deal....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceMikeDined on 8/24/2014Good food selection and great service. Server helped with the selection of topics that could be shared by three people.Special Features:
- Great, as always!iluvfoodDined on 8/23/2014I went to La Bodega with two of my girlfriends to celebrate the pending arrival of my baby. We enjoyed several tapas and great conversation. This place is always delicious and this visit was no exception.Special Features:
- DC13VIPDined on 8/21/2014As always La Bodega delivers delicious food. Never had a bad dish.Special Features:
- Super!SandyVIPDined on 8/19/2014Only had assorted tapas.....excellent!!!!!! Good dinner for 4 people wanting to sample food & restaurant. First time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeTGW1VIPDined on 8/15/2014La Bodega was the perfect spot to meet with friends for a late lunch at their 2:00pm happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Changed menuluveverythingFrenchDined on 8/13/2014I went to lunch here this past winter and loved the 3 tapas dishes we had. That was the reason I took my daughter there this week for lunch but was disappointed to find they had changed their menu. Only one item of the 3 remained on the menu and it was not as I remembered it. I had not tasted the other 2 items we ordered and found them to be unimpressive. It is difficult to rate the restaurant based on 2 visits because they were each very different - one great, the other not so great. Would I return? Probably not, given my most recent experience.Special Features:
- Great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014We had a great time and the food was great. The menu descriptions tempted us to keep trying the tapas which were all good. The short ribs were the biggest hit! Good wine list as wellSpecial Features:
- Extrememly DisappointedFoodie09Dined on 8/1/2014I have now dined at La Bodega twice and I have to admit the second time around was extremely disappointing, I don't think we will ever go back. The service was so slow which would have been understandable except they were not very busy. It took 25 minutes for a waiter to even acknowledge we were sitting there. When ordering we asked the waiter if he had any suggestions and he said "Um, I don't know, what do you want?"- very unhelpful. They forgot one of our orders, and it took an unreasonably long amount of time for the other two orders to be brought out to our table as they were small appetizers. They tried to make up for forgetting 1 of our 3 orders by comping it, however they made no apologies for the poor service.Special Features:
- The following 467 reviews are from the La Bodega - Leawood reviews archive.
- Good FoodChadDined on 7/29/2014The food is always unique presentation with high quality ingredients.Special Features:
- Amazing brunch!LouiseVIPDined on 7/27/2014We love this restaurant for lunch and dinner but this was our first time for brunch and it was truly fabulous! Many unique menu items but I chose the House Favorite and my husband had the Benedict - we also shared pancakes - and every dish was perfect. This restaurant is a local treasure for very good reason.Special Features:
- Great Food - Not great valueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014The food was delicious and we enjoyed our server, but the price-to-portion-size ratio makes it a one time experience for me. For the price, I would prefer to go some place where we would leave full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love happy hour!JaneVIPDined on 7/18/2014They have wonderful refreshing pitchers of white sangria and delicious tapas!Special Features:
- wonderful lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/18/2014this has become my favorite place for lunch. Turkey almond sandwich is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid as alwaysRadoVIPDined on 7/13/2014La Bodega continues to live up to an amazing reputation. Delicious tapas. Service was a little slow but the manager came flying out and comp'ed our most expensive plate at the time before anyone could even say anything. The Peras Sudo salad is gone though. Huge loss. The remaining salads are closer to entree size which sort of makes them unappealing from a size perspective. Still looked delicious though. On Sunday sit outside if you don't want to get your face melted off by the Spanish guitarist in there. They have his volume turned up to 11.Special Features:
- Fun and Delicious!ClifVIPDined on 7/12/2014I had lunch at La Bodega a couple of weeks ago. The tapas of the day were wonderful. We are new to the area and I was anxious to bring my wife, so we had dinner here Saturday evening. We enjoyed salads and three tapas and everything was wonderful. It was very busy, but we experienced great service with nice chats with two managers on duty. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Nice eveningemtzalexDined on 7/11/2014My sister and her fiance were in town, and we wanted to go somewhere near our parents house in Leawood where they were staying, but something that they as New Yorkers would enjoy. I've loved La Bodega's location on the Boulevard for years, and liked the one in Leawood the few times I've been. The sangria is easily the best in town, and the food was excellent as well. The judias verdes continue to be one of my favorite tapas, and the vegetarian paella was fabulous. Our server suggested thee tapas dishes a person, but for the three of us (including two of us with pretty good appetites) the paella and four tapas was definitely enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old friendsBickymonVIPDined on 7/6/2014We had old friends in from out of town and needed to find a place to catch up over dinner. La Bodega was perfect, it was a little too hot outside so we sat in the bar area. Sharing tapas and a pitcher of white sangria with latin guitar in the background made for a perfect time.Special Features:
- ExcellentkatiezDined on 7/6/2014I really love La Bodega. I have never eaten anything there that I did not love and they have the best sangria in town. The atmosphere is lovely and the wait staff do an excellent job.Special Features:
- Excellent tapas. Great service.SER1VIPDined on 7/5/2014Lovely evening at La Bodega. All plates were tasty. Very friendly and professional service. Even dessert was a delightful plate. Definitely recommend La Bodega.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulDinerVIPDined on 7/3/2014Impeccable service and friendly atmosphere. Enjoyed the special attention. Outside areas are great, too.Special Features:
- Great Experiencejlouise86Dined on 6/21/2014The food was great, service was very good and the overall night was very enjoyable. Just outdoor area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.