La Bodega - Leawood
4311 W 119th St.
Leawood, KS 66209Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
La Bodega - Leawood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.labodegakc.com/
- Phone: 9134288272
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Nate Deters
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For any catering needs please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Contact: Michael Duggan 9134288272
- Entertainment: "La Bodega hosts live music on Fridays & Sundays in Leawood. Fridays feature Matt Shoaf for Happy Hour, playing a wide range of acoustic favorites from the 60s to current hits. Sunday evenings are intimate performances from Mistura Fina or Guitarras Ibéricas. Mistura Fina is a Brazilian ensemble playing jazz, bossa nova, samba, and more. Guitarras Ibéricas is an all-star duo of Beau Bledsoe & Jordan Shipley featuring over 10 different stringed instruments - a must see!"
A word from La Bodega - Leawood
"Tapas" - In the beginning. Tapas is a daily event in the life of the Spanish culture. Mainly a Northern Spain, Basque regional tradition, it has grown to signify a way of eating and socializing. It is said that tapas originated centuries ago. In Spanish, the word tapa or the verb tapar means "to cover." Tapas represents the Spanish custom of placing a piece of bread over the glass of wine. It is a custom that dates back past the 1500's. Traditionally, the exact food served is less important than the social occasion. Tapas is a way of life. It signifies leisure, camaraderie and good humor. In Spain, Tapas are almost always accompanied by wine. They are not so much about talking as they are about eating and drinking. The wine is the medium that holds the conversation with friends and the food together. You make time to enjoy the moment in an unhurried way. The threefold purpose of snacking on tapas is to dull any hunger pangs that have built up since the previous intake of comestibles.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
La Bodega - Leawood - Best Restaurants in Leawood ›
La Bodega - Leawood reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (64)fit for foodies (62)good for groups (41)special occasion (38)neighborhood gem (33)romantic (23)hot spot (23)great for lunch (21)vibrant bar scene (19)notable wine list (14)great for brunch (13)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great evening spotAndyDined on 9/20/2014We had a great experience, on a night that we truly needed it. The service was friendly and attentive, the food really hit the spot, and the energy in the restaurant was very vibrant. Being tapas, we were able to try 6 different plates - and all were delicious! The sangria also helped ease the muggy night we had :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food!Luv2dineandwineDined on 9/5/2014Food as always was wonderful! Service was great and the Spanish coffee was wonderful! Love this place for our special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Losing its charmbsmithtodayDined on 9/5/2014Over the years I been two both locations many times. Lately I find myself leaving unsatisfied- arrogant staff, slow service, sub-par food (seriously why is the paella so bad now?). It use to be fun to go in, drop a couple hundred dollars but now there are too many options that are better. Sorry La Bodega but you need to step up your game.Special Features:
- Great Date NightChrisWDined on 8/31/2014The food was fantastic, the sangria delicious, and the service was excellent - attentive but not at all intrusive - for a perfect date night dinner.Special Features:
- Sundays at La BodegaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014Good wine choices and great tapas with exceptional guitarists performing music of Spain and Portugal make for very satisfying Sunday dining. Raphael and the waitstaff are always pleasant and professional.Special Features:
- Good for outdoor diningAbundantlyyoursDined on 8/29/2014Loved everything we got, except the Spanish omelet, which we returned because it was just tasteless.Special Features:
- Favorite place to meet friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014There is nothing better than an evening out with my friends and colleagues at LaBodega. The food, atmosphere, and service are wonderful. And half price bottle of wine night on Monday is a great deal....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceMikeDined on 8/24/2014Good food selection and great service. Server helped with the selection of topics that could be shared by three people.Special Features:
- Great, as always!iluvfoodDined on 8/23/2014I went to La Bodega with two of my girlfriends to celebrate the pending arrival of my baby. We enjoyed several tapas and great conversation. This place is always delicious and this visit was no exception.Special Features:
- DC13VIPDined on 8/21/2014As always La Bodega delivers delicious food. Never had a bad dish.Special Features:
- Super!SandyVIPDined on 8/19/2014Only had assorted tapas.....excellent!!!!!! Good dinner for 4 people wanting to sample food & restaurant. First time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeTGW1VIPDined on 8/15/2014La Bodega was the perfect spot to meet with friends for a late lunch at their 2:00pm happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Changed menuluveverythingFrenchDined on 8/13/2014I went to lunch here this past winter and loved the 3 tapas dishes we had. That was the reason I took my daughter there this week for lunch but was disappointed to find they had changed their menu. Only one item of the 3 remained on the menu and it was not as I remembered it. I had not tasted the other 2 items we ordered and found them to be unimpressive. It is difficult to rate the restaurant based on 2 visits because they were each very different - one great, the other not so great. Would I return? Probably not, given my most recent experience.Special Features:
- Great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014We had a great time and the food was great. The menu descriptions tempted us to keep trying the tapas which were all good. The short ribs were the biggest hit! Good wine list as wellSpecial Features:
- Extrememly DisappointedFoodie09Dined on 8/1/2014I have now dined at La Bodega twice and I have to admit the second time around was extremely disappointing, I don't think we will ever go back. The service was so slow which would have been understandable except they were not very busy. It took 25 minutes for a waiter to even acknowledge we were sitting there. When ordering we asked the waiter if he had any suggestions and he said "Um, I don't know, what do you want?"- very unhelpful. They forgot one of our orders, and it took an unreasonably long amount of time for the other two orders to be brought out to our table as they were small appetizers. They tried to make up for forgetting 1 of our 3 orders by comping it, however they made no apologies for the poor service.Special Features:
- Good FoodChadDined on 7/29/2014The food is always unique presentation with high quality ingredients.Special Features:
- Amazing brunch!LouiseVIPDined on 7/27/2014We love this restaurant for lunch and dinner but this was our first time for brunch and it was truly fabulous! Many unique menu items but I chose the House Favorite and my husband had the Benedict - we also shared pancakes - and every dish was perfect. This restaurant is a local treasure for very good reason.Special Features:
- Great Food - Not great valueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014The food was delicious and we enjoyed our server, but the price-to-portion-size ratio makes it a one time experience for me. For the price, I would prefer to go some place where we would leave full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love happy hour!JaneVIPDined on 7/18/2014They have wonderful refreshing pitchers of white sangria and delicious tapas!Special Features:
- wonderful lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/18/2014this has become my favorite place for lunch. Turkey almond sandwich is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid as alwaysRadoDined on 7/13/2014La Bodega continues to live up to an amazing reputation. Delicious tapas. Service was a little slow but the manager came flying out and comp'ed our most expensive plate at the time before anyone could even say anything. The Peras Sudo salad is gone though. Huge loss. The remaining salads are closer to entree size which sort of makes them unappealing from a size perspective. Still looked delicious though. On Sunday sit outside if you don't want to get your face melted off by the Spanish guitarist in there. They have his volume turned up to 11.Special Features:
- Fun and Delicious!ClifDined on 7/12/2014I had lunch at La Bodega a couple of weeks ago. The tapas of the day were wonderful. We are new to the area and I was anxious to bring my wife, so we had dinner here Saturday evening. We enjoyed salads and three tapas and everything was wonderful. It was very busy, but we experienced great service with nice chats with two managers on duty. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Nice eveningemtzalexDined on 7/11/2014My sister and her fiance were in town, and we wanted to go somewhere near our parents house in Leawood where they were staying, but something that they as New Yorkers would enjoy. I've loved La Bodega's location on the Boulevard for years, and liked the one in Leawood the few times I've been. The sangria is easily the best in town, and the food was excellent as well. The judias verdes continue to be one of my favorite tapas, and the vegetarian paella was fabulous. Our server suggested thee tapas dishes a person, but for the three of us (including two of us with pretty good appetites) the paella and four tapas was definitely enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old friendsBickymonVIPDined on 7/6/2014We had old friends in from out of town and needed to find a place to catch up over dinner. La Bodega was perfect, it was a little too hot outside so we sat in the bar area. Sharing tapas and a pitcher of white sangria with latin guitar in the background made for a perfect time.Special Features:
- ExcellentkatiezDined on 7/6/2014I really love La Bodega. I have never eaten anything there that I did not love and they have the best sangria in town. The atmosphere is lovely and the wait staff do an excellent job.Special Features:
- Excellent tapas. Great service.SER1VIPDined on 7/5/2014Lovely evening at La Bodega. All plates were tasty. Very friendly and professional service. Even dessert was a delightful plate. Definitely recommend La Bodega.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulDinerVIPDined on 7/3/2014Impeccable service and friendly atmosphere. Enjoyed the special attention. Outside areas are great, too.Special Features:
- Great Experiencejlouise86Dined on 6/21/2014The food was great, service was very good and the overall night was very enjoyable. Just outdoor area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeriluvtapasDined on 6/18/2014Great food! Great service! Great atmosphere! A definite winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $10 Tapa LunchFoodTechVIPDined on 6/17/2014Great Tapa del Dia, We had the Green Beans w Potatoes, A meatball in sauce, Spanish Omelet, and Peppers. Favorite was the Peppers, not too spicy. We sat outside in the shade, our waitress was very attentive, kept refilling our water glasses. Explained why the Yellow Fin Tuna was so expensive for lunch $17. Good Sangria, not too big for a lunch. Happy Hour here is awesome, ad more crowded.Special Features:
- ParprodDined on 6/16/2014This was our first time to La Bodega. We really had no idea of what kind of foods were available. Our waiter was extremely helpful in explaining everything. Everything we had was simply delicious! Very enjoyable dining out experience! We loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be prepared for a long mealCrabbyRNDined on 6/15/2014Unfortunately our children's meals came out separately from adults . We received a wonderful salmon cold tapa. When we were finished, the children were served. We had been there an hour before the entrees were served and the kids were finished eating and very restless by then. We sat outside and fought the sun as it started to set. We were never notified why there was such a long wait and considering it was Father's Day, business was very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off nightLouiseVIPDined on 6/13/2014We visit La Bodega often and enjoy wonderful tapas outside on one of their great patios, but Friday night was a very different experience. The food was not up to par, and the service was really bad. In fact, we heard several of the diners around us complaining. We did let the restaurant know that we were disappointed and I'm sure we will give them another try soon.Special Features:
- The following 449 reviews are from the La Bodega - Leawood reviews archive.
- Nice brunchConcertVIPDined on 5/25/2014We really enjoyed our brunch on Sunday. Brunch with a Spanish twist. We will go back. Service was very good too!Special Features:
- One of my favorites!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/24/2014Food is always excellent- great Sangria! Fun atmosphere- great service- always one of my favorite KC spots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for groups, not so for datesFood1234Dined on 5/24/2014The food was good (we had the tapas) and the environment is nice. However, I would not recommend this establishment for a date night since the tables are almost on top of each other inside the restaurant. You will find your conversations mixing in with those next to you. The outdoor seating was more spacious and would be great for a group (i.e., 4 or more).Special Features:
- DDG17Dined on 5/22/2014The food and service were good but you couldn't hear the person across the table from you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A departure from normalTapasTomDined on 5/11/2014One of my spouse's favoriate restaurants was selected for a Mother's Day evening meal. We had, what I hope, was an uncharacteristic dining experience. The food, as always, was excellent. However, the service was the worst I have ever experienced. Once seated, it required 20 min before a glass of wine made it to our table. When asked about their delicious bread, the waitstaff person said it was in the oven, and we didn't receive the bread until 40 min into our dining experience. Meanwhile, the waitstaff person assigned to us was running around bringing unrivalled service to other diners. This was such a drastic departure in service from my previous dining experiences at LaBodega. Maybe this was just an off night for LaBodega.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great brunchJandTVIPDined on 5/11/2014ordered Moroccan egg dish and the pork dish with eggs(house favorite). We almost had to lick our plates. Also great ambiance on the patio and wonderful service didn't hurt either . Definitely will be coming back on Sunday mornings.Special Features:
- Missed OpportunityJimmyDined on 5/11/2014Too many service breakdowns doomed a favorable review for a Mother's day morning. Cappuccino machine was not working properly so there was a long wait. Waitress had to bring regular coffees in the meantime just to hold us over. At the start, they gave the entrees to the wrong people. A bacon order with an entree was mostly forgotten until the very end. While food was well prepared and flavorful, the portions were small. The best parts were eating outside on the terrace and Mom liking the food despite the service mishaps.Special Features: