La Bocca Wine Bar & Urban Kitchen
5415 E. High Street, #127
Phoenix, AZ 85054Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Bocca Wine Bar & Urban Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.laboccanorth.com/
- Phone: (480) 840-1799
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thuirsday: 11:00am - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Mark Dow
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We can provide most items from our in-house menu or create a special menu for your event. Please contact Dulia@ForkAndDagger.com for details.
- Private Party Facilities: While we don't offer an exclusive private dining area we are able to rent out the entire restaurant for private events.
- Private Party Contact: Dulia Yale 4805672600x
- Special Events: We can provide most items from our in-house menu or create a special menu for your event. Please contact Dulia@ForkAndDagger.com for details.
A word from La Bocca Wine Bar & Urban Kitchen
Local wine bar with over 100 wines to choose from, hand selected by managing partner and sommelier Mark Pope. Try something splendid from our full bar, house-made limocello, award-winning sangria, craft & European beers, or sample our excellent selection of Italian-inspired cuisine including artisan pizza, bruschetta planks, anti-pasti plates, house-made daily pastas, quinos salad and local craft ice cream.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Bocca Wine Bar & Urban Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (9)notable wine list (9)great for outdoor dining (9)fit for foodies (8)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (5)great for lunch (5)good for groups (5)special occasion (3)romantic (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- PerfectMssybrittyVIPDined on 11/21/2014We love this place. Always great service and a great wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014We went to La Bocca for a girls night/birthday celebration and had a great time. The food was fantastic and the service was good. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent service but noisyluvquietrestaurantsDined on 10/11/2014The service was excellent! We were waiting for 45 min for our friends who went to the wrong place and server was very gracious and attentive. Unbeknownst to me my chicken order wasn't put in on time and he not only brought us a complementary appetizer my chicken was on the house! Never had that happen before anywhere! Food was very good. Our only complaint was it's very loud, the music wasn't blaring but voices carried so hard to carry on a conversation. Hard to find quiet restaurants anymore!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/6/2014Ate at La Bocca for a business lunch while attending a conference at the Marriott. (about 1 mile away). It was a pleasant surprise. It was quiet for lunch and the food and service were very good. We all wanted to return for a glass of wine at happy hour.Special Features:
- La Bocca - Great Place to Eat!luvarizonaDined on 9/28/2014We had dinner for our anniversary at La Bocca and it was excellent! the ambiance, food, wine and service were really great and we would highly recommend it. the place Blue Martini next door is a bit loud but not La Bocca's fault.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2014Great spot...had a really good meal before going to GammageSpecial Features:
- OK Food, Too Loud and over pricedNinjaDiner160Dined on 8/23/2014We used to visit this spot when it was the Skinny Italian. The upgraded decor, menu and ambiance was much needed for the City North area and do this spot very well. From a food perspective this location has some work to do. The Bruschetta plank sounded great on paper, but left a lot to be desired once we ate it. The bread was a bit thick and would benefit from a bit of toasting and seasoning. We also ordered a grilled peach salad. The description would imply the peaches were grilled; however, the peaches lacked any grill marks or grilled flavor. We finished off the meal with a pizza. The pizza was pretty good, but then again I've seldom met a pizza I didn't like.Special Features:
- Impeccable service. Great wine menuFRIDAYNIGHTHAPPYDined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed the restaurant décor and ambiance. The noise level was a bit high, but it was Friday night, so that was expected. The waiter was very attentive and gave excellent service. The appetizers were great! We enjoyed the warm olives with bread and the bruschetta varieties we tried were all very good. The wine & beer selection was good and prices were reasonable during happy hour from 3:00 pm - 6:30 pm. The entrées were marginal - items were over priced for the portion size and quality. Our entrée was overcooked and dry. Our dining companions agreed. They were not impressed with their entrees either. I would recommend this place for happy hour & appetizers, but not for dinner.Special Features:
- Great for SocializingCraigsAZDined on 8/6/2014Finding a lunch hot spot where I can both talk and hear is a challenge, this place was perfect in a lot of ways. The food was very good, service was excellent and the noise level was just right, I could converse and be heard and not hear the next table. Great balance!Special Features:
- The following 31 reviews are from the La Bocca Wine Bar & Urban Kitchen reviews archive.
- First timeMssybrittyVIPDined on 7/27/2014It was our first time here and the service was awesome. We had 3 people welcome us since we hadn't been there before. We will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Accommodating!WensDDined on 7/20/2014We had a party of 5 and several have special diet needs which our server was more than happy to accommodate and we were very appreciative.Special Features:
- Great, as usual!sherryshoes1VIPDined on 7/18/2014I frequent this place often; it's close by, and always consistently good. Food, service, and happy hour wine prices; how can you beat it?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/2/2014La Bocca was a great experience all around. The food was over the top, the atmosphere was very pleasant, and our server attentive. We were a group of 7 and were all very pleased. An enjoyable experience all around.Special Features:
- Quickly becoming a go-to Fav!FrequentFlyerDined on 6/28/2014We rarely get past appetizers, but have yet to pick an item we didn't love. Nice ambiance, maybe a little loud, but quieted down quickly. We really enjoy this place and everyone we bring tends to go back on their own... So we must not be alone in thinking it is good.Special Features:
- Cute place, good foodErin150VIPDined on 6/24/2014This place is right across the street from my office and came highly recommended. The bruschetta planks and pizzas were AWESOME!Special Features:
- Great local wine barsherryshoes1VIPDined on 6/21/2014Good happy hour pricing on wines. Great food, although I wish they would also discount at least some of their food items during happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent place to drink wine and noshAZFoodEDined on 6/14/2014This place is decent. It was pretty busy for a Saturday night around 830 PM. Good wine selection. If unsure of what to get, they have a sommelier, as least on Sat night, who has very friendly and helpful. The portions are decent on the apps and pizzas. The pizzas were tasty, but one of the two we ordered had burnt crust on half the pie. The apps are definitely shareable and a decent portion, even for four people, so if you start with one, you might want to wait to see if you're still hungry for more. Service was great. Atmosphere is fun, energetic..may be a bit loud for some since it's a small space. We'll definitely be eating and drinking here again.Special Features:
- Too NoisyIrisVIPDined on 6/13/2014Stressful dining situation due to very loud din. No conversation possible Had to ask for lemon for water 3 times
- GraagetenGraagetenDined on 6/12/2014Although later in the evening the service was great and extremely attentive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Door left openRichardVIPDined on 6/2/2014Just crazy that they had both doors wide open when it was 106 degrees outside. Air conditioning get getting turned off until we complained that it was too hot. Turned back on, then off, happened about 4 times while we were there. Insane.Special Features:
- live2dineDined on 5/23/2014Great for pre-MIM concert dining. Pizzas, pasta, charcuterie plate are standard good fare. Nice wine by the glass options.Special Features:
- StinkyGreatPickDined on 5/16/2014Typically love this place, but unfortunately, the restaurant wreaked. The waitress said it was the smell of sewage and an attempt to mask it with garlic. The food was delicious, but the smell in there made me lose my appetite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night outFoodnwine4meDined on 5/14/2014The pizza was wonderful. The crust was cooked to perfection. It was crispy wood fired goodness with just enough soft chew.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, adequate serviceLuv2BreakBreadDined on 5/8/2014Atmosphere was great and tasty bruschetta and pizza. Felt like there was limited seating for a party of 5 despite making a reservation. With the reservation they offered us a communal table or seats outside with no table. This was eventually remedied and we were seated in a booth. Great wine list and a knowledgable sommelier. The waitress was nice, but it took a long time to receive non food items needed at the table. She didn't come back to check on us much. Overall our group enjoyed the food and wine and would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wines!FunoodieDined on 5/7/2014Great wine selection! The waitress was quite knowledgable and directed us in the right direction when we asked about wine pairings. Nice atmosphere. Especially if you like dining al fresco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New neighborhood find . . .TammyDined on 5/6/2014Been to LaBocca a few times for drinks. Tonight we tried it for dinner and drinks. Everything was wonderful. Our server, Thomas, was outstanding. Will definitely come back for more . . .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizzaGraceVIPDined on 4/23/2014Good food, nice outside patio. Very noisy but fun. I would return.Special Features:
- Fantastic EveningLAubergeRegularDined on 3/22/2014Completely felt like a VIP all night. My husband and I loved the food, the wines & the great service. It did get loud a little later in the evening when things picked up but it was a very fun atmosphere! I'm brining the work group by this week for a happy hour. So you know I loved it! Thank you to Mark and Liz!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New wine barsherryshoes1VIPDined on 3/21/2014Wine list is large and good. Appetizers are delicious. Also good pizza. Some bruschetta better than others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little wine barsherryshoes1VIPDined on 3/21/2014Good selection if wines discounted for happy hour. Great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Placeluv2dineVIPDined on 3/19/2014We met some friends for dinner. Food and wine were excellent. Service was also excellent. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- DisorganizedSbeezyDined on 3/16/2014We had a bartender as our server and the manager brought out the food - very disjointed. Bruschetta was tasty but both pastas we ordered were sticky in texture and the pizza was almost burnt on the bottom. Drinks were good.Special Features:
- Fun nightLindaDined on 2/16/2014A group of six of us met at La Bocca tonight a great dinner. The service and food was awesome. The olives were warm and tasty. Good choice!Special Features:
- Great startMattDined on 2/15/2014They did this place right. Great energy and decor. Food was unique but not too complex/odd. Amazing tastes. Service was perfect. Great place for a quick drink/appetizer or a nice dinner with your spouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightErronDined on 2/14/2014Great ambience. Great wine list. Great service. Great food. Will definitely be back again soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An instant favoriteEluqVIPDined on 1/22/2014This place is the newest addition of a family of restaurants that know how to do things right. The food is amazing, great decor and service. The massive bar is also great for couples or friends. Highly recommended. I will be going back and forth between La Bocca and it's sister location across the street, Modern Margarita! Cheers!Special Features:
- Great SpotblizzyDined on 1/20/2014Great food and bartenders! We went on opening night and had a fantastic evening.Special Features:
- Soft OpeningBosco288Dined on 1/19/2014Myself, my wife and 2 friend (male and female) were at your Soft Opening on Sunday night with a 6:30 reservation. We were cordially greeted by your front desk staff and promptly seated at a table for 4 near the patio but still inside the restaurant. The patio doors were open and the gas heaters were all going which provided for a nice ambiance. We were told by our server that were were only allowed to order food that was limited to what was printed on a card on the table. We ordered 1 of each of the 4 items offered on the card. We found the food delicious and flavorful as well as the desserts. Overall we all had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food...Bad serviceMaggieDined on 1/18/2014The food was very good. The service was very poor. Our order was taken before two other tables. The other tables received their drinks and appetizers before we received our drinks and our drink order was incorrect. Both of the other tables received their food and was almost done before we received our appetizers. We then received our pizza and in the middle of our pizza finally received our salad. I think we received our food only because someone else kept walking by our table and was trying to figure out why we didn't have food. I will go back for lunch once the restaurant has been open for a while to see if the services has improved. If not, it will be the last time. The Noise Level was actually WAY TO LOUD.Special Features:
- openingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014I was there on their soft opening and the facility was not quite completely set up but still beautiful. The food was very good, presented well. Love the ambience and plan to visit there again in the future. I would definitely make this a date night spot. They do not have any TVs which my be an issue with some people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.