La Boca Steakhouse
870 Tchoupitoulas Street
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
La Boca Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.labocasteaks.com/
- Phone: 5045258205x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jared M. Ralls
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Special Events: We've Moved! Please join us at our new location at 870 Tchoupitoulas Street.
A word from La Boca Steakhouse
La Boca is an Argentine style steakhouse, our entire menu focused on beef, the national food of Argentina. We offer 13 different cuts on any given night, accompanied with legendary french fries, a variety of other delicious sides, house made pastas and appetizers that reflect the taste of Argentina. The wine list is entirely Argentine, with Malbec being the focus. Our capable and knowledgeable staff are here to ensure that your stay is as fulfilling as the food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
La Boca Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Warehouse District ›
La Boca Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
174 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (109)special occasion (102)notable wine list (85)romantic (80)hot spot (62)neighborhood gem (57)good for groups (57)late-night find (29)vibrant bar scene (28)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Not as good as usualLuv2eatDined on 10/28/2014The hostess was very rude. She got angry when I told here we had reserve for 4. Original reserv was fir 3, but I called nite if dinner & asked if ok to increase to 4 people & told no prob. Then she made big desk about it. Also sat us next to var & all other tables open. I asked to move farther away from bar & she got angry. She then came up in middle if dinner & demanded valet parking ticket so she could stamp it instead of waiting til dinner over. Also servers not very gracious or knowledgeable about food. Have been there a few times & seemed D team workingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakNateVIPDined on 10/25/2014Best steak in town. Some may think it is one of those gross all you can eat Brazilian steakhouses but it could not be farther from that. First class, great service, great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak In N'awlinshowellhereDined on 10/24/2014Best steak I've had in years and I live in L.A. & Seattle, excellent recommendation from mgr on wine, all Argentinian list, smooth, attentive, well timed, non-intrusive service, Place is a bit loud, but not so that it really affects dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Argentine Steak Paradise!JetbrewDined on 10/24/2014Excellent cuts of steak, prepared to perfection. Large Argentine portins and delicious side dishes. Great selection of Malbec and other fine wines. Three sauce combo served for your use when the bread arrives that are all delicious at varying points of the meal. Only complaint is that the chimichurrie sauce is great but definitely not traditional Argentine. All the same, everything here is incredibly tasty! La Boca is a must try here in NOLA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak lovers heaven2MosersDined on 10/23/2014My wife and I enjoy a good steak dinner when we dine out and her comment after the first bite was "I think this might be the best steak I have ever had"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/23/2014I usually don't write reviews, but I have to rave about La Boca. I wanted to surprise my fiancé with his favorite wine so I called ahead and had the sommelier decant it prior to our arrival. When we showed up, the wine was perfect, and the fiancé was floored. Success! This continues to be one of our favorite restaurants in the city. The service is second to none, and the food is always exceptional. Their new location is bigger and better than ever, and we will definitely keep coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great 2 year Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014From the steaks to the drinks to the wait staff, everything was perfect. It was our 1st time going here but it wont be the last. We went to celebrate our 2nd anniversary and we couldnt have asked for a better restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steakhouse at a Great PriceJohnnyNoDined on 10/18/2014La Boca is a great high end steakhouse with reasonable prices. It is on the more expensive side but I believe cheaper than your traditional steakhouses - with the same quality and service. I love the concept of picking out your own steak knife from their selection. New location is more modern and open than the old location - I definitely believe it to be an upgrade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumCheetoDined on 10/17/2014Get the gnocchi! Wine list limited. Would like to see Andeluna, a nice Argentine wine added to the menu. Passionado is my favorite wine under that label.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaleoGoodfoodorbustDined on 10/17/2014Great steaks! Excellent service. Grilled asparagus perfect. My wife loved the brussel sprouts. Salad options limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks, Great WineSpartanVDined on 10/17/2014A great place to have an amazing steak and large list of Argentinean Wine! Just to top it off, get the Gnocchi as an appetizer. It's just absolutely scrumptious.Special Features:
- Great good, Mediocre ServiceBH1287Dined on 10/16/2014We made reservations for 6, but due to communication errors on my part, the reservation turned into 10 at the last minute. The hostesses seemed to be aggravated by this and their demeanor changed. They told me to wait a couple minutes and see what they could do. They were able to make it work but did not fill us in on if it would happen or not in the meantime. Once seated, the hostess had a bad attitude and dropped menus on the table. She did not mention anything about a server, a welcome or even acknowledged that it was a birthday dinner. Throughout the meal, that same hostess seemed very annoyed with us and it really hurt our overall experience. We may return eventually, but due to the service from the hostess, I am not sure if we will.Special Features:
- Laboca's a hitFoodie1Dined on 10/11/2014Best service I have ever had. Food was outstanding from first course to last. A real hit in a city known for fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food - Great ServiceBdayGal1010Dined on 10/11/2014I throughly enjoyed celebrating my birthday at La Boca with my husband; the skirt steak was fabulous:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dinner dateMSgirlatheartDined on 10/10/2014La Boca is a wonderful restaurant for a romantic dinner date. We dined here for a quiet birthday dinner and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The facility is lovely and perfect for nice dinner for two. The food was amazing! Steaks cooked to perfection with large shareable side dishes. This is the best steakhouse in the city! My husband and I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak at La BocaMarcDined on 10/10/2014Our group shared two different steaks at La Boca and both were extremely tasty and cooked to perfection. The fries are delicious and the sommelier is very knowledgeable and helpful.Special Features:
- Great steak!debmomVIPDined on 10/9/2014With all the wonderful places to eat in Nola, this was a welcome change if you LOVE steak! This is steak all the way-- several different kinds, all prepared perfectly on the grill. I don't recall seeing anything on the entree list other than steak. So only bring your carnivore here, and they will be in heaven. The hearts of palm salad was also delicious.
- steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/8/2014Excellent cuts of meat just a little to much salt.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeefBoy19Dined on 10/8/2014Overall very good. Wait staff was excellent. Only negative was temp. Was a bit warm and lighting in corner by wine rack was too low.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisednoladinerVIPDined on 10/4/2014Food and service was great - only drawback is they don't really have anything for non-meat eaters. Not even a seafood choice. That was only disappointing issue. Flank steak special was tender and seasoned well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nolagirlVIPDined on 10/3/2014Once again the food is great The steak excellent. This is the first time at the new location and miss the special feel at the original place. Great food and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/2/2014I have always been a fan of La Boca and their new space is just perfect for them. Always wonderful food, wine and service. Late night Thursdays Service Industry Night is a real treat for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NY StripWellFedDined on 10/2/2014Best New York Strip in the City on New Orleans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service deserve 6 StarsMysteryCriticDined on 10/1/2014It was by far, the best food and experience of the of the 6 high end restaurants in and around the French quarter I and 2 guests from Germany dined at a week long trade show. We each shared different steaks and all were tasty, cooked perfectly and worth the price compared with others. So good that the sauces, though delicious, were not needed. They don't get steak much in Germany, so the Germans ate only steak. Other places were either dead or WAY too noisy. We could talk in a normal voice. The Desert combo was a heavenly experience, the second best I have ever had (I'm 63). We all shared. The service was impecable. Our waitress never let our wine or water go dry. Large wine list. Couples should share. Asparagus & fries were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Anniversary DinnerNOdinerDined on 10/1/2014We ate here for the first time and were blown away by the food. The dining room is quaint and subtle. It fits in perfectly for the restaurant's location. The Gaucho plate was a sampling of different apps they offered and was delivered fast and hot. Thee grilled sweet breads were our favorite. The "Bife La Boca" was amazing and melted in our mouths. My wife had the gnocci pasta dish and we were blown away about how refined the dish was given that this was a steakhouse. Our server explained all the dishes, sauces, and the restaurant motif expertly. It was the best anniversary dinner we have had to dateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food meets stupiditySibarisDined on 9/29/2014In a party of 6 all but one wanted to go for the tasting menu, were told that it was for all or nothing. Called the manager: "you are selling a full table of 5, but additionally you will sell another plate". The answer, a cold no. "We may take our business elsewhere" we said. The manager said OK and turned his back to us. We were so tired after a full day in a trade show that decided to stay. That was the second mistake: the food was not that good. My Kobe cut was medium even as I explained I really wanted it almost raw. I have sincere doubts it was Kobe meat at all, not tender as it should have been. Other cuts were just OK. Service was OK, but there is no sense of who is really paying everybody in a service business: the customer.
- Personal fav .Can't wait to go backMightyMarkDined on 9/27/2014Try the chef's tasting.... Ambience, and of course the steaks,are amazing. Truly an overall wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best steaks in NOLAMED504Dined on 9/27/2014The food here was fantastic -- steaks were perfect, and the flavors on the empanadas, asparagus, potatoes, and gnocchi were simple and delicious. Add in a bottle of wine and this was a perfect date night. Only complaint would be the volume level -- it was pretty loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gets better everytimelivetoeatnolaDined on 9/27/2014This was our fourth time dining here, first since their move into the larger space. It honestly gets better every time we go. We went with two other couples, one whose first time it was. The best, and I find, only way to experience this restaurant is to partake of the tasting menu. You cannot beat the value for the food you will experience. Bruschetta, chorizo, empanadas(2 way), Gnocchi, Hearts of Palm Salad, choice of one of any fabulous steak cuts, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, thin cut house made garlic fries and skillet mashed potatoes. Finished off with a delectable dessert trifecta of flourless chocolate cake, amaretto ice creak cake and dolce de leche crepe. Combine that with a phenomenal wine list superb dining experience!!!Special Features:
- La Boca is AMAZINGBigAppleBigEasyDined on 9/25/2014Man, I don't think it's possible to find a better steak in this town! Came to La Boca for the second year in a row, to celebrate my birthday. This time was able to try the new location. The food here is out of this world phenomenal! The skirt steak is where it's at. :)Special Features:
- Hmmmm...one problem, not the food..OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/25/2014Everything was great minus this rhostess who was a huge******, she put us at a four top by the door with smokers. So every time the door opened, we enjoyed the same smoke as the smokers. More importantly, we asked to be moved to one of two four tops in the back and she refused. Specifically, she said the four tops were taken by couples, really?!?? That's weak, because according to basic math a four top that's drinking spends more money than a two top couple. Otherwise, food is on point; great steakhouse. Too bad she does t know math or service basics in a restaurant city. Go and enjoy!!!! Waiters and wine choice was excellent. Something special and worth your money. Just make sure you tell her where you want to sit beforehand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!Luv2eatDined on 9/23/2014The steaks here are the BEST my husband I have ever had! Wonderful service, small intimate dining experience. Will definitely return!!Special Features:
- Good great! Service not so much.Kcw30Dined on 9/22/2014My wife and I recently dined at LaBoca for her birthday. We both love the restraunt and usually have a great time. However we were both very let down with the service we recieved. We felt as though the waiter spent far more time at his larger tables and catered to them but forgot about us. For instance my wife ordered a coke, it took the waiter 15 minutes to bring it to the table and that's after he was reminded a second time. Through out the entire meal the waiter did not check on us to see if we needed anything. Also the bus boy brought us our check and accepted our payment. We were very displeased with the service and may look elsewhere to enjoy a nice evening out for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible mealPancakeDined on 9/20/2014everything about our dining experience was fantastic. food and service were impeccable and prices are very reasonable. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!LandryDined on 9/12/2014Everything was great from the perfectly cooked steaks to the appetizers. Anko Malbec was a great find. My party of 5 had two ribeyes, two hanger steaks and one filet. Our waiter was efficient and on spot The hostess Sarah was a pleasure, on the phone and in person. Made us feel welcome when we arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/12/2014I ordered the sweetbreads as an app portion, amazing. The provaletta is a must order item, baked cheese. One of the best steaks in the City.Special Features:
- great steakahmedDined on 9/12/2014I really liked the steak. I tried the Kobe and my wife tried the skirt steak and both were amazing. Fries and asparagus were really good too. No ketchup!! I wanted some for the fries but they give you 3 types of sauces that are interesting. We tried the crepe with caramel condensed milk... IT WAS AWFUL!! we had to squeeze 2/3 of the filling out! I like heavy food but this was really heavy .. even with 2/3 of the filling out.. I would give everything 8.5/10 but the crepe probably 3.5/10.Special Features:
- Excellent SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/10/2014La Boca was recommended to me by the hotel bellman and he was spot-on with this pick. There were 5 of us and we did the tasting menu which does require that the entire table participates. it provides a good selection of appetizers, nochi, and each person gets to choose their own steak cut for the entree, and who could forget dessert. The apps were all very good, especially the chorizio, beef empanadas, and the nochi. Every persons cut and meat temp was excellent and the provided sides of asparagus, cheesy potatoes and la boca fries were all very good. Dessert was good, not overly special but adequate, and since we were all extremely full from dinner, a couple bites of each were enough for all. Definitely worth the cost for the tasting menuSpecial Features:
- Exceptional experience!LuvNOLAfoodDined on 9/6/2014Happily surprised by my experience. The server, Ryan, was friendly and knowledgeable, and didn't miss a beat. Our group of 4 chose the Chef's tasting menu and wine recommended by our server. The appetizers and salad were seemingly simple, but well thought out and delicious. The true star of the meal was the steak! My husband and I had the 14oz Strip and our friends had the Organic Ribeye, from a farm in Mississippi! Love the attention to providing local meat! Wine list is diverse and well priced. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- great steakunimpressedDined on 9/5/2014Go here for steak. That's what's on the menu, and they do it very well. The La Boca fries are a master's course in making garlic delicious.Special Features: