La Boca Steakhouse
870 Tchoupitoulas Street
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
La Boca Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.labocasteaks.com/
- Phone: 5045258205x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jared M. Ralls
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Special Events: We've Moved! Please join us at our new location at 870 Tchoupitoulas Street.
A word from La Boca Steakhouse
La Boca is an Argentine style steakhouse, our entire menu focused on beef, the national food of Argentina. We offer 13 different cuts on any given night, accompanied with legendary french fries, a variety of other delicious sides, house made pastas and appetizers that reflect the taste of Argentina. The wine list is entirely Argentine, with Malbec being the focus. Our capable and knowledgeable staff are here to ensure that your stay is as fulfilling as the food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
La Boca Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Warehouse District ›
La Boca Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
160 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (99)fit for foodies (84)notable wine list (74)romantic (72)hot spot (54)neighborhood gem (51)good for groups (41)vibrant bar scene (27)late-night find (23)great for lunch (5)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Steaks tender & delicious.Luv2eatDined on 8/22/2014The steaks were tender & well flavored (seasoned). It was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot date nightghostriderDined on 8/22/2014One the night we were there it was a hot Friday night in August. The food and service were great but the restaurant was so hot inside I couldn't wait to get out....but the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jj13Dined on 8/16/2014The food was delicious; However, it was so hot in the restaurant that my husband and I were sweating perfusely. We spoke to the waiter about temp and he said there was nothing he could do. I find that odd for a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meatlovers2014Dined on 8/16/2014It was our 45th wedding anniversary, we were looking for a good meat place to eat, we both are meat lovers. We had a good time, serving time was very reasonable, for us is very important. Wines? We are not wine drinkers. My husband missed his ketchup for his F.F. Dessert? We have the sampler, delicioso....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!NolaDinersDined on 8/16/2014We really enjoyed our experience at La Boca. The food was wonderful, and you get a lot of food for the price. The staff was very helpful in helping us select a wine and even offered to sample before selecting a bottle for the table. We brought our children and they loved it too. We will definitely be returning to La Boca!Special Features:
- Perfection!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Incredible, affordable wine list! Food was delicious, ambiance was energetic and fun! Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks and experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014My wife and I visited La Boca for our 10 year anniversary and the experience was awesome. Food was great and ambience was great. Thanks.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and ambiencecreoledivaVIPDined on 8/12/2014The redo of the old Amano space is fantastic. The richly colored walls and the fabulous central bar make it the perfect spot for a romantic evening out or dinner with friends. The food is fantastic. My friend and I split an appetizer and a salad. We had to take some of our steak home but that was just an extra bonus. Definitely a better location and a place for a wonderful evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014I've been to La Boca many times. I'm from Argentina so having some piece of my country so close and available makes me very happy. The food its always delicious, the wine selection its great. However, every time I go I have a horrible service experience. Rude waitress, long time to refill a glass of water, wrong plates. I keep going because the food is splendid, but honestly, overall not a good experience. I repeat, I've been there many many times.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food better than service.Dorset96Dined on 8/11/2014Food is always good at la boca. On this visit we had a new(er) waiter who knew little about the menu and wine list but happily and pretentiously made stuff up. Annoying! Many other places to eat in Nola, but we will probably give this place another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat Eater HeavenbettereatsDined on 8/9/2014Great cuts, preparation, wine and ambiance. All in one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in every respectfoodfanDined on 8/7/2014My go-to restaurant for an excellent steak. Great staff, fantastic wine list and cocktails. We couldn't have been happier with our meals.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceHartvilleOh2Dined on 8/6/2014We visited La Boca while on vacation in New Orleans. Upon arriving at the we were warmly greeted and shown to our table. Table service was excellent. The wait staff was attentive and returned frequently to keep our water glasses full and see to our needs. The menu selections were unique and the waiter was eager to provide detailed explanations of the items. I ordered the Entraña Fina con la Piel. If you are a beef lover, this is a really great entree. Heavily marbled and cooked through. It is extremely rich and juicy. The bread and salads were craftily prepared and the sampler desert platter provided a great ending to an excellent meal. If you are in the area, this is a place well worth trying. Everything about this restaurant is top shelfSpecial Features:
- Great beefFLTravelsVIPDined on 8/5/2014This restaurant has delicious, perfectly prepared beef. Everything we tasted was great. The wine list was exclusively Argentinian and fortunately, I love Malbec but that was not true for everyone at our table. The service was very efficient but was lacking in that friendly, personal way a small restaurant like this should provideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still my favorite...NOLAFoodieDined on 8/5/2014Love the new location and the food never disappoints. This has been my all time favorite restaurant in the city since it opened. I know we have lots of new options but I still always choose LaBoca.Special Features:
- Could be so much betterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Service needs major improvement. Wait staff need better training on menu items...Special Features:
- Great experience.NolaNPVIPDined on 8/2/2014We dined at the previous location last year, loved the food, so gave new location a shot after we saw how beautifully it was renovated several weeks prior to. Food was still delicious. Service was casual, but on point. Nice variety of wine. [My only complaint was how warm it was in the restaurant, I was sweating for the entire meal. I would like to blame this on the linen night event going on and people moving in and out, but we had drinks there 2 weeks before and it was the same- stuffy, warm.] Overall, good experience, and we will return.Special Features:
- Good experienceTheTruthDined on 8/1/2014I love La Boca and there often. They do need to put the corn pudding dish back on the menu but that's another subject.( I've talked to several people that miss it greatly) The hostess at the front need to engage the dining guest more. I have been there on more than one occasion where I beat the hostess to a personal greeting. As soon as someone walks through those doors they need to put on the biggest genuine smile and welcome them into the restaurant. I should not feel cold. The waiters are good. Very knowledgeable about the steaks. A little more politeness would get it from 4 to 5 star. Love the restaurant. I think overall everyone smiling a little more, engaging a little more and you have a 5 star restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Excellent Service!abananaadayDined on 7/30/2014I reserved a table for two at La Boca through OpenTable and left a comment explaining that my boyfriend had just finished a huge exam for school and asked if a surprise dessert could be brought out at the end of the meal. I said that I would gladly pay for it. When my boyfriend and I got to the restaurant we were seated promptly and provided with excellent service from start to finish. The hanger steak was one of the best steaks I've ever had, and the rest of the food was great as well. At the end of the dinner, our waiter brought out the surprise dessert! It was a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak House in New OrleansOmnomnomivoreDined on 7/26/2014For lovers of red meat, this place is an absolute must dine. With a variety of mostly free-ranged, clean fed cattle, master steak chefs grilling to perfection, extensive wine selection, and a professional staff, it's impossible not to enjoy the experience. We ordered three types of steaks, all with distinct flavors, accompanied by group portions of mashed potatoes with cheese, grilled asparagus, and garlic fries. We all sampled each others steaks for comparison. Sharing is caring at La Boca, to say the least. I've eaten here several times now, and each time has been a top notch dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014Great food. Very warm inside the restaurant and pointed out to server. Said it is always like that. We will go back.Special Features:
- From a LocalChrisDined on 7/26/2014La Boca is the one restaurant in the city we make sure to take all our out-of-town guests to. The tasting menu is the way to go...just make sure you have a minimum of 4 people and full participation from the table. The sommelier is knowledgeable and does not disappoint. The ambiance and decor are great and the food is second to none! Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New location for LaBocca .DatenightDined on 7/24/2014Beautiful new place, great decor, and the food seemed even better than before, if thats possible!! Noise level was off the charts!! Don't understand why owners build new places and don't sound proof!! Still worth going to eat and drink, just prepare to talk LOUD!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef's feed me!!!!ColeNolaDined on 7/23/2014Delicious feed me menu with choice if main entree meat cut!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeFoodieVIPDined on 7/22/2014Best food and wine in NOLA. Get the hangar steak and brussel sprouts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in New Orleans!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014La Boca is a great example of an Argentinian steakhouse. I started with the sweetbreads, my wife had the empanadas both were flawless. The wine was fantastic as well as our main course: hanger steak and sirloin both cooked and seasoned to perfection. If you want and appreciate a well grilled steak, don't pass on this place. The service from both the wait staff and manager was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steakKnBFDined on 7/19/2014We've been coming here for a few years since we discovered this place. Best steak anywhere around & service is A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another amazing meal!BonedocDined on 7/18/2014the skirt steak is phenomenal! Excellent dining experience!Special Features:
- always wonderfulnolagirleatsVIPDined on 7/17/2014have nothing but wonderful things to say about this restaurant, the people there, the food, and the service! Do not miss this restaurant! So good!Special Features:
- Manager is a jerknolayumDined on 7/14/2014I ordered the hanger steak rare (the waitress told me was the BEST one to get rare.) I was excited. But then my hanger steak came out and it was SO SALTY. (I LOVE salt.) I took another bite, hoping for less salt, but still it was like eating a salt lick. I reluctantly sent it back. The waitress was very sweet, apologized and offered to get me another one with less salt. But then the manager came over. He could not have been more condescending or rude. He told me he tried the steak and that's just how it's supposed to taste. The only redeeming moment was when another waiter walked up and said, "I tasted it, too. It was WAY too salty." We will sadly not return to La Boca. And we will be sure to tell ALL our friends about our experience.
- Great food but environment lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014The food was great, probably one of the best meals that I have ever had. The steak was cooked perfectly and to die for. My date and I sat along the windows facing Tchoup St. This area was very uncomfortable and extremely hot, sue to poorly designed ductwork with no air circulating at the windows where there is the most heat gain. Our server was alright but nothing special. Food was amazing though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had great mealCfoodDined on 7/10/2014The meal was great, great steaks, and even the vegetarian in the group had a great experience. Good pasta and salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/10/2014Food was Awsome , Wine was awsome , service was impecable !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great spotGregDined on 7/2/2014This was the first time I've been to the new location on Tchoupitoulas, and the place is great. More spacious than the previous location, and the food is just as good, or better, than before. My wife and I both really enjoyed our meals and the overall service and vibe in the place. We'll definitely be back again and highly recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MY FAVORITE RESTAURANT IN THE CITYOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2014I am an enormous La Boca fan. The service is always amazing! The manager knows the wine list thoroughly and always recommends a delectable wine for our dinner based on my preferences obtained through asking questions. Cannot go wrong with the Provoleta nor Empanadas. The steaks are cooked to perfection and the sides are heavenly. Thank you for a great birthday and an amazing dining experience.Special Features:
- Food good- very rushedAbcdDined on 6/21/2014Our food was very good and would recommend. New York stip and ribeye perfect. Filet was way to salty!! Couldn't enjoy salty and I love salt. Asked manager about it and was rude and said we season all if our steaks the same. We still took our time. But they rush you. Im assuming cause small place and they want to turn tables quickly. We are are spenfing that kind if miney they ahould not rush you! Waiters taking your plates away without asking with food still on your plate. That was very aggrevating. The manager was not very friendly either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendBinnolaVIPDined on 6/20/2014Excellent meal. Hearts of Palm salad was superb. Grass fed bone in filet was cooked perfectly. Good options for Paleo diet folks. Only complaint was that it's loud but not so much that can't hear people at your table. Lots of hard surfaces. Seems to be an ongoing issue at restaurants in New Orleans. I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SKIRT STEAK TO DIE FOR!!!eat2liveVIPDined on 6/19/2014LEAVE THE GUMBO ON BOURBON STREET..... NAIL A SKIRT STEAK AT LA BOCA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first time experienceGmanDined on 6/19/2014We are local New Orleanians, who eat out many times per month, visited La Boca for the first time on Thursday night, with another couple. The restaurant was busy, but the service was excellent and the food was prompt and very good. The only two negative comments is that the restaurant is very noisy, which makes it a little difficult to hear at times (but many other restaurants in Nola are the same) and one of the steaks that we ordered was overcooked, but we selected not to send it back due to time. We will return to this restaurant again.Special Features:
- DCeaterDined on 6/17/2014Excellent steaks, a bit noisy, very good service. Market prices for beef are in line with the other upscale places in town.Special Features: