La Boca Steakhouse
870 Tchoupitoulas Street
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
La Boca Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.labocasteaks.com/
- Phone: (504) 525-8205
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jared M. Ralls
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Special Events: We've Moved! Please join us at our new location at 870 Tchoupitoulas Street.
A word from La Boca Steakhouse
La Boca is an Argentine style steakhouse, our entire menu focused on beef, the national food of Argentina. We offer 13 different cuts on any given night, accompanied with legendary french fries, a variety of other delicious sides, house made pastas and appetizers that reflect the taste of Argentina. The wine list is entirely Argentine, with Malbec being the focus. Our capable and knowledgeable staff are here to ensure that your stay is as fulfilling as the food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
La Boca Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Warehouse District ›
La Boca Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
178 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (108)special occasion (100)romantic (80)notable wine list (77)hot spot (67)good for groups (55)neighborhood gem (55)vibrant bar scene (29)late-night find (27)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Loved location - old warehouse with exposed brick!Mary2HoustonDined on 11/20/2014Unique spot with fabulous food and service and drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in the countryOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/18/2014Yes, it's hard to say that a restaurant is the best in the country for anything but La Boca's steaks are just perfect every time I've visited. The goodness doesn't stop there. Simple sides like grilled asparagus and fried brussel sprouts are equally noteworthy. The eclectic Argentinian wine list has something for all tastes, beyond run-of-the-mill Malbecs that are typical of most other places. I make a point of visiting very time I'm in NoLa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must Experiencebug1Dined on 11/17/2014We tried this restaurant - as an alternative to the every heavy seafood offerings to be had in New Orleans. We were not disappointed. Best steaks we have had in a very long time.The Filet and the Kobe were perfectly cooked. The sides asparagus and Boca French Fires were hot and well seasoned. Beautiful room, low lighting lends to the romantic feel, and the noise level is such that one can carry on a conversation. Service was above par and attentive but not overbearing, Wait staff knew the menu well and could explain cuts and prep. If you like steak - then this is the restaurant to dine at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Steaks and Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/15/2014I found La Boca through Open Table as I was looking for a great steakhouse outside of the French Quarter. I thought about booking at Delmonico's but really wanted to try something new and different. That something was La Boca. Daniel, the sommelier, gave us a run down of the Argentinian red wines that we were considering. He did a fantastic job and we ended up picking a blend from Mendoza called 800 Soles. Our server, Joanie, was awesome. She had great knowledge of the menu. We started with the empanada special which was filled with shredded rib-eye meat and delicious!! The sauces that they bring definitely added to the flavor of the empanadas. For our main course Joanie secured a 32 ounce bone-in rib eye for my husband. It was amazing. I had the NY strip which had to be 2-3" thick. Both steaks were cooked to perfection. The ambiance of the place was great. I would definitely recommend making reservations as we heard the hostess tell people that the wait was almost 3 hours unless something at the bar opened up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2014I have visited La Boca on a few separate occasions for dining and I can honestly say I have never had a bad experience at this restaurant. The service is always the best and the food is impeccable. On this dining occasion I choose to take my girlfriend here for Veterans Day. It was her first time at La Boca. She absolutely loved it! She had the lime & avocado steak and said it was the best steak she had ever tried. We had a great dining experience at La Boca and cant wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great Steaks, Wine and ScotchskibidybopDined on 11/8/2014Great atmosphere. Food was amazing. The wine list is exquisite and the scotch list is like none I've seen before. Staff is courteous and helpful. Choice of steaks cooked perfectly. Flourless brownie is like a stiff mousse that reminds me of my childhood.Special Features:
- New location. Same great food.BubbaDined on 11/7/2014Brought some friends from Midwest to La Boca and had a wonderful meal. Steaks always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectionGregBrownDined on 11/7/2014Food was to die for. Had a GREAT time. A must go if you are a Steak guy. Had the small cut (32oz) bone in Ribeye. cooked to perfection just the way I ordered it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make sure to get the right steak.LouisFromNOVIPDined on 11/1/2014I'll go back but I won't order the bone it rib eye. Side of brussels sprouts was great and hearts of palm salad also good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as alwaysEatsEatsDined on 10/31/2014The staff was wonderful. Alex our server was great. The gnocchi was amazing. There were only two of us so we didn't have enough people to do the tasting menu this time, but should you have 4 or more it's a gem. Fried Brussel sprouts were awesome. And the steaks were divine. I'm not a fan of charred steaks. I don't like the burned taste, which is a me thing, but I've learned to do leaner cuts and then I don't have that problem here. The filet came out wonderful. I've had to learn not to order ribeyes from here though for that reason. Less flame up from there open fire. So despite being a ribeye man, do a filet. Ooh and the chocolate torte was divineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wyoung411Dined on 10/31/2014Wonderful steaks as always. Disappointed that the options for sides have decreased, but still a solid meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Difficult menuCPcatVIPDined on 10/29/2014You must have an attentive good waitor to get thru the menu, which we did not.Special Features:
- Not as good as usualLuv2eatDined on 10/28/2014The hostess was very rude. She got angry when I told here we had reserve for 4. Original reserv was fir 3, but I called nite if dinner & asked if ok to increase to 4 people & told no prob. Then she made big desk about it. Also sat us next to var & all other tables open. I asked to move farther away from bar & she got angry. She then came up in middle if dinner & demanded valet parking ticket so she could stamp it instead of waiting til dinner over. Also servers not very gracious or knowledgeable about food. Have been there a few times & seemed D team workingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakNateVIPDined on 10/25/2014Best steak in town. Some may think it is one of those gross all you can eat Brazilian steakhouses but it could not be farther from that. First class, great service, great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak In N'awlinshowellhereDined on 10/24/2014Best steak I've had in years and I live in L.A. & Seattle, excellent recommendation from mgr on wine, all Argentinian list, smooth, attentive, well timed, non-intrusive service, Place is a bit loud, but not so that it really affects dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Argentine Steak Paradise!JetbrewDined on 10/24/2014Excellent cuts of steak, prepared to perfection. Large Argentine portins and delicious side dishes. Great selection of Malbec and other fine wines. Three sauce combo served for your use when the bread arrives that are all delicious at varying points of the meal. Only complaint is that the chimichurrie sauce is great but definitely not traditional Argentine. All the same, everything here is incredibly tasty! La Boca is a must try here in NOLA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak lovers heaven2MosersDined on 10/23/2014My wife and I enjoy a good steak dinner when we dine out and her comment after the first bite was "I think this might be the best steak I have ever had"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/23/2014I usually don't write reviews, but I have to rave about La Boca. I wanted to surprise my fiancé with his favorite wine so I called ahead and had the sommelier decant it prior to our arrival. When we showed up, the wine was perfect, and the fiancé was floored. Success! This continues to be one of our favorite restaurants in the city. The service is second to none, and the food is always exceptional. Their new location is bigger and better than ever, and we will definitely keep coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great 2 year Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014From the steaks to the drinks to the wait staff, everything was perfect. It was our 1st time going here but it wont be the last. We went to celebrate our 2nd anniversary and we couldnt have asked for a better restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steakhouse at a Great PriceJohnnyNoDined on 10/18/2014La Boca is a great high end steakhouse with reasonable prices. It is on the more expensive side but I believe cheaper than your traditional steakhouses - with the same quality and service. I love the concept of picking out your own steak knife from their selection. New location is more modern and open than the old location - I definitely believe it to be an upgrade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumCheetoDined on 10/17/2014Get the gnocchi! Wine list limited. Would like to see Andeluna, a nice Argentine wine added to the menu. Passionado is my favorite wine under that label.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaleoGoodfoodorbustDined on 10/17/2014Great steaks! Excellent service. Grilled asparagus perfect. My wife loved the brussel sprouts. Salad options limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks, Great WineSpartanVDined on 10/17/2014A great place to have an amazing steak and large list of Argentinean Wine! Just to top it off, get the Gnocchi as an appetizer. It's just absolutely scrumptious.Special Features:
- Great good, Mediocre ServiceBH1287Dined on 10/16/2014We made reservations for 6, but due to communication errors on my part, the reservation turned into 10 at the last minute. The hostesses seemed to be aggravated by this and their demeanor changed. They told me to wait a couple minutes and see what they could do. They were able to make it work but did not fill us in on if it would happen or not in the meantime. Once seated, the hostess had a bad attitude and dropped menus on the table. She did not mention anything about a server, a welcome or even acknowledged that it was a birthday dinner. Throughout the meal, that same hostess seemed very annoyed with us and it really hurt our overall experience. We may return eventually, but due to the service from the hostess, I am not sure if we will.Special Features:
- great1sttimeDined on 10/11/2014took my wife for our 3rd anniversary. she was nervous but loved it. we both had the bone in filet and fries.. excelentSpecial Features:
- Laboca's a hitFoodie1Dined on 10/11/2014Best service I have ever had. Food was outstanding from first course to last. A real hit in a city known for fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food - Great ServiceBdayGal1010Dined on 10/11/2014I throughly enjoyed celebrating my birthday at La Boca with my husband; the skirt steak was fabulous:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dinner dateMSgirlatheartDined on 10/10/2014La Boca is a wonderful restaurant for a romantic dinner date. We dined here for a quiet birthday dinner and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The facility is lovely and perfect for nice dinner for two. The food was amazing! Steaks cooked to perfection with large shareable side dishes. This is the best steakhouse in the city! My husband and I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak at La BocaMarcDined on 10/10/2014Our group shared two different steaks at La Boca and both were extremely tasty and cooked to perfection. The fries are delicious and the sommelier is very knowledgeable and helpful.Special Features:
- Great steak!debmomVIPDined on 10/9/2014With all the wonderful places to eat in Nola, this was a welcome change if you LOVE steak! This is steak all the way-- several different kinds, all prepared perfectly on the grill. I don't recall seeing anything on the entree list other than steak. So only bring your carnivore here, and they will be in heaven. The hearts of palm salad was also delicious.
- steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/8/2014Excellent cuts of meat just a little to much salt.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeefBoy19Dined on 10/8/2014Overall very good. Wait staff was excellent. Only negative was temp. Was a bit warm and lighting in corner by wine rack was too low.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisednoladinerVIPDined on 10/4/2014Food and service was great - only drawback is they don't really have anything for non-meat eaters. Not even a seafood choice. That was only disappointing issue. Flank steak special was tender and seasoned well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nolagirlVIPDined on 10/3/2014Once again the food is great The steak excellent. This is the first time at the new location and miss the special feel at the original place. Great food and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/2/2014I have always been a fan of La Boca and their new space is just perfect for them. Always wonderful food, wine and service. Late night Thursdays Service Industry Night is a real treat for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NY StripWellFedDined on 10/2/2014Best New York Strip in the City on New Orleans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service deserve 6 StarsMysteryCriticDined on 10/1/2014It was by far, the best food and experience of the of the 6 high end restaurants in and around the French quarter I and 2 guests from Germany dined at a week long trade show. We each shared different steaks and all were tasty, cooked perfectly and worth the price compared with others. So good that the sauces, though delicious, were not needed. They don't get steak much in Germany, so the Germans ate only steak. Other places were either dead or WAY too noisy. We could talk in a normal voice. The Desert combo was a heavenly experience, the second best I have ever had (I'm 63). We all shared. The service was impecable. Our waitress never let our wine or water go dry. Large wine list. Couples should share. Asparagus & fries were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Anniversary DinnerNOdinerDined on 10/1/2014We ate here for the first time and were blown away by the food. The dining room is quaint and subtle. It fits in perfectly for the restaurant's location. The Gaucho plate was a sampling of different apps they offered and was delivered fast and hot. Thee grilled sweet breads were our favorite. The "Bife La Boca" was amazing and melted in our mouths. My wife had the gnocci pasta dish and we were blown away about how refined the dish was given that this was a steakhouse. Our server explained all the dishes, sauces, and the restaurant motif expertly. It was the best anniversary dinner we have had to dateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food meets stupiditySibarisDined on 9/29/2014In a party of 6 all but one wanted to go for the tasting menu, were told that it was for all or nothing. Called the manager: "you are selling a full table of 5, but additionally you will sell another plate". The answer, a cold no. "We may take our business elsewhere" we said. The manager said OK and turned his back to us. We were so tired after a full day in a trade show that decided to stay. That was the second mistake: the food was not that good. My Kobe cut was medium even as I explained I really wanted it almost raw. I have sincere doubts it was Kobe meat at all, not tender as it should have been. Other cuts were just OK. Service was OK, but there is no sense of who is really paying everybody in a service business: the customer.
- Personal fav .Can't wait to go backMightyMarkDined on 9/27/2014Try the chef's tasting.... Ambience, and of course the steaks,are amazing. Truly an overall wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.