La Boca Steakhouse
870 Tchoupitoulas Street
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
La Boca Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.labocasteaks.com/
- Phone: 5045258205x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jared M. Ralls
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Special Events: We've Moved! Please join us at our new location at 870 Tchoupitoulas Street.
A word from La Boca Steakhouse
La Boca is an Argentine style steakhouse, our entire menu focused on beef, the national food of Argentina. We offer 13 different cuts on any given night, accompanied with legendary french fries, a variety of other delicious sides, house made pastas and appetizers that reflect the taste of Argentina. The wine list is entirely Argentine, with Malbec being the focus. Our capable and knowledgeable staff are here to ensure that your stay is as fulfilling as the food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
La Boca Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Warehouse District ›
La Boca Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (101)fit for foodies (100)romantic (78)notable wine list (75)hot spot (63)neighborhood gem (54)good for groups (48)vibrant bar scene (30)late-night find (25)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- One of the best steaks in NOLAOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014The food here was fantastic -- steaks were perfect, and the flavors on the empanadas, asparagus, potatoes, and gnocchi were simple and delicious. Add in a bottle of wine and this was a perfect date night. Only complaint would be the volume level -- it was pretty loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gets better everytimeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014This was our fourth time dining here, first since their move into the larger space. It honestly gets better every time we go. We went with two other couples, one whose first time it was. The best, and I find, only way to experience this restaurant is to partake of the tasting menu. You cannot beat the value for the food you will experience. Bruschetta, chorizo, empanadas(2 way), Gnocchi, Hearts of Palm Salad, choice of one of any fabulous steak cuts, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, thin cut house made garlic fries and skillet mashed potatoes. Finished off with a delectable dessert trifecta of flourless chocolate cake, amaretto ice creak cake and dolce de leche crepe. Combine that with a phenomenal wine list superb dining experience!!!Special Features:
- Hmmmm...one problem, not the food..OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/25/2014Everything was great minus this rhostess who was a huge******, she put us at a four top by the door with smokers. So every time the door opened, we enjoyed the same smoke as the smokers. More importantly, we asked to be moved to one of two four tops in the back and she refused. Specifically, she said the four tops were taken by couples, really?!?? That's weak, because according to basic math a four top that's drinking spends more money than a two top couple. Otherwise, food is on point; great steakhouse. Too bad she does t know math or service basics in a restaurant city. Go and enjoy!!!! Waiters and wine choice was excellent. Something special and worth your money. Just make sure you tell her where you want to sit beforehand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!Luv2eatDined on 9/23/2014The steaks here are the BEST my husband I have ever had! Wonderful service, small intimate dining experience. Will definitely return!!Special Features:
- Good great! Service not so much.Kcw30Dined on 9/22/2014My wife and I recently dined at LaBoca for her birthday. We both love the restraunt and usually have a great time. However we were both very let down with the service we recieved. We felt as though the waiter spent far more time at his larger tables and catered to them but forgot about us. For instance my wife ordered a coke, it took the waiter 15 minutes to bring it to the table and that's after he was reminded a second time. Through out the entire meal the waiter did not check on us to see if we needed anything. Also the bus boy brought us our check and accepted our payment. We were very displeased with the service and may look elsewhere to enjoy a nice evening out for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible mealPancakeDined on 9/20/2014everything about our dining experience was fantastic. food and service were impeccable and prices are very reasonable. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!LandryDined on 9/12/2014Everything was great from the perfectly cooked steaks to the appetizers. Anko Malbec was a great find. My party of 5 had two ribeyes, two hanger steaks and one filet. Our waiter was efficient and on spot The hostess Sarah was a pleasure, on the phone and in person. Made us feel welcome when we arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/12/2014I ordered the sweetbreads as an app portion, amazing. The provaletta is a must order item, baked cheese. One of the best steaks in the City.Special Features:
- great steakahmedDined on 9/12/2014I really liked the steak. I tried the Kobe and my wife tried the skirt steak and both were amazing. Fries and asparagus were really good too. No ketchup!! I wanted some for the fries but they give you 3 types of sauces that are interesting. We tried the crepe with caramel condensed milk... IT WAS AWFUL!! we had to squeeze 2/3 of the filling out! I like heavy food but this was really heavy .. even with 2/3 of the filling out.. I would give everything 8.5/10 but the crepe probably 3.5/10.Special Features:
- Excellent SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/10/2014La Boca was recommended to me by the hotel bellman and he was spot-on with this pick. There were 5 of us and we did the tasting menu which does require that the entire table participates. it provides a good selection of appetizers, nochi, and each person gets to choose their own steak cut for the entree, and who could forget dessert. The apps were all very good, especially the chorizio, beef empanadas, and the nochi. Every persons cut and meat temp was excellent and the provided sides of asparagus, cheesy potatoes and la boca fries were all very good. Dessert was good, not overly special but adequate, and since we were all extremely full from dinner, a couple bites of each were enough for all. Definitely worth the cost for the tasting menuSpecial Features:
- Exceptional experience!LuvNOLAfoodDined on 9/6/2014Happily surprised by my experience. The server, Ryan, was friendly and knowledgeable, and didn't miss a beat. Our group of 4 chose the Chef's tasting menu and wine recommended by our server. The appetizers and salad were seemingly simple, but well thought out and delicious. The true star of the meal was the steak! My husband and I had the 14oz Strip and our friends had the Organic Ribeye, from a farm in Mississippi! Love the attention to providing local meat! Wine list is diverse and well priced. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- great steakunimpressedDined on 9/5/2014Go here for steak. That's what's on the menu, and they do it very well. The La Boca fries are a master's course in making garlic delicious.Special Features:
- Limited bar brandsGlenDined on 9/4/2014Bar selection seemed a little thin. No ginger ale but accepted sprite instead. No cranberry juice as well as other limitations on brands of liquor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak on NOLAbrodyboyVIPDined on 8/29/2014Fantastic steak, excellent sides, great staff and unbelievable wine. The wine was, in fact, so good, I called my wine broker the next day to have him find me a case of the Durigutti Cab Franc. Thanks all and keep up the excellent work!Special Features:
- Steaks tender & delicious.Luv2eatDined on 8/22/2014The steaks were tender & well flavored (seasoned). It was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot date nightghostriderDined on 8/22/2014One the night we were there it was a hot Friday night in August. The food and service were great but the restaurant was so hot inside I couldn't wait to get out....but the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jj13Dined on 8/16/2014The food was delicious; However, it was so hot in the restaurant that my husband and I were sweating perfusely. We spoke to the waiter about temp and he said there was nothing he could do. I find that odd for a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meatlovers2014Dined on 8/16/2014It was our 45th wedding anniversary, we were looking for a good meat place to eat, we both are meat lovers. We had a good time, serving time was very reasonable, for us is very important. Wines? We are not wine drinkers. My husband missed his ketchup for his F.F. Dessert? We have the sampler, delicioso....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!NolaDinersDined on 8/16/2014We really enjoyed our experience at La Boca. The food was wonderful, and you get a lot of food for the price. The staff was very helpful in helping us select a wine and even offered to sample before selecting a bottle for the table. We brought our children and they loved it too. We will definitely be returning to La Boca!Special Features:
- Perfection!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Incredible, affordable wine list! Food was delicious, ambiance was energetic and fun! Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks and experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014My wife and I visited La Boca for our 10 year anniversary and the experience was awesome. Food was great and ambience was great. Thanks.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and ambiencecreoledivaVIPDined on 8/12/2014The redo of the old Amano space is fantastic. The richly colored walls and the fabulous central bar make it the perfect spot for a romantic evening out or dinner with friends. The food is fantastic. My friend and I split an appetizer and a salad. We had to take some of our steak home but that was just an extra bonus. Definitely a better location and a place for a wonderful evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014I've been to La Boca many times. I'm from Argentina so having some piece of my country so close and available makes me very happy. The food its always delicious, the wine selection its great. However, every time I go I have a horrible service experience. Rude waitress, long time to refill a glass of water, wrong plates. I keep going because the food is splendid, but honestly, overall not a good experience. I repeat, I've been there many many times.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food better than service.Dorset96Dined on 8/11/2014Food is always good at la boca. On this visit we had a new(er) waiter who knew little about the menu and wine list but happily and pretentiously made stuff up. Annoying! Many other places to eat in Nola, but we will probably give this place another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat Eater HeavenbettereatsDined on 8/9/2014Great cuts, preparation, wine and ambiance. All in one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in every respectfoodfanDined on 8/7/2014My go-to restaurant for an excellent steak. Great staff, fantastic wine list and cocktails. We couldn't have been happier with our meals.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceHartvilleOh2Dined on 8/6/2014We visited La Boca while on vacation in New Orleans. Upon arriving at the we were warmly greeted and shown to our table. Table service was excellent. The wait staff was attentive and returned frequently to keep our water glasses full and see to our needs. The menu selections were unique and the waiter was eager to provide detailed explanations of the items. I ordered the Entraña Fina con la Piel. If you are a beef lover, this is a really great entree. Heavily marbled and cooked through. It is extremely rich and juicy. The bread and salads were craftily prepared and the sampler desert platter provided a great ending to an excellent meal. If you are in the area, this is a place well worth trying. Everything about this restaurant is top shelfSpecial Features:
- Great beefFLTravelsVIPDined on 8/5/2014This restaurant has delicious, perfectly prepared beef. Everything we tasted was great. The wine list was exclusively Argentinian and fortunately, I love Malbec but that was not true for everyone at our table. The service was very efficient but was lacking in that friendly, personal way a small restaurant like this should provideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still my favorite...NOLAFoodieDined on 8/5/2014Love the new location and the food never disappoints. This has been my all time favorite restaurant in the city since it opened. I know we have lots of new options but I still always choose LaBoca.Special Features:
- Could be so much betterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Service needs major improvement. Wait staff need better training on menu items...Special Features:
- Great experience.NolaNPVIPDined on 8/2/2014We dined at the previous location last year, loved the food, so gave new location a shot after we saw how beautifully it was renovated several weeks prior to. Food was still delicious. Service was casual, but on point. Nice variety of wine. [My only complaint was how warm it was in the restaurant, I was sweating for the entire meal. I would like to blame this on the linen night event going on and people moving in and out, but we had drinks there 2 weeks before and it was the same- stuffy, warm.] Overall, good experience, and we will return.Special Features:
- Good experienceTheTruthDined on 8/1/2014I love La Boca and there often. They do need to put the corn pudding dish back on the menu but that's another subject.( I've talked to several people that miss it greatly) The hostess at the front need to engage the dining guest more. I have been there on more than one occasion where I beat the hostess to a personal greeting. As soon as someone walks through those doors they need to put on the biggest genuine smile and welcome them into the restaurant. I should not feel cold. The waiters are good. Very knowledgeable about the steaks. A little more politeness would get it from 4 to 5 star. Love the restaurant. I think overall everyone smiling a little more, engaging a little more and you have a 5 star restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Excellent Service!abananaadayDined on 7/30/2014I reserved a table for two at La Boca through OpenTable and left a comment explaining that my boyfriend had just finished a huge exam for school and asked if a surprise dessert could be brought out at the end of the meal. I said that I would gladly pay for it. When my boyfriend and I got to the restaurant we were seated promptly and provided with excellent service from start to finish. The hanger steak was one of the best steaks I've ever had, and the rest of the food was great as well. At the end of the dinner, our waiter brought out the surprise dessert! It was a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak House in New OrleansOmnomnomivoreVIPDined on 7/26/2014For lovers of red meat, this place is an absolute must dine. With a variety of mostly free-ranged, clean fed cattle, master steak chefs grilling to perfection, extensive wine selection, and a professional staff, it's impossible not to enjoy the experience. We ordered three types of steaks, all with distinct flavors, accompanied by group portions of mashed potatoes with cheese, grilled asparagus, and garlic fries. We all sampled each others steaks for comparison. Sharing is caring at La Boca, to say the least. I've eaten here several times now, and each time has been a top notch dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014Great food. Very warm inside the restaurant and pointed out to server. Said it is always like that. We will go back.Special Features:
- From a LocalChrisDined on 7/26/2014La Boca is the one restaurant in the city we make sure to take all our out-of-town guests to. The tasting menu is the way to go...just make sure you have a minimum of 4 people and full participation from the table. The sommelier is knowledgeable and does not disappoint. The ambiance and decor are great and the food is second to none! Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New location for LaBocca .DatenightDined on 7/24/2014Beautiful new place, great decor, and the food seemed even better than before, if thats possible!! Noise level was off the charts!! Don't understand why owners build new places and don't sound proof!! Still worth going to eat and drink, just prepare to talk LOUD!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef's feed me!!!!ColeNolaDined on 7/23/2014Delicious feed me menu with choice if main entree meat cut!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeFoodieVIPDined on 7/22/2014Best food and wine in NOLA. Get the hangar steak and brussel sprouts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in New Orleans!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014La Boca is a great example of an Argentinian steakhouse. I started with the sweetbreads, my wife had the empanadas both were flawless. The wine was fantastic as well as our main course: hanger steak and sirloin both cooked and seasoned to perfection. If you want and appreciate a well grilled steak, don't pass on this place. The service from both the wait staff and manager was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.