La Bettola Osteria
106 Victoria Street
Toronto, ON M5C 2B4Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
La Bettola Osteria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.terroni.com/
- Phone: 4165049998
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Patti Shaw 4169254020
- Entertainment: DJ Friday and Saturdays
A word from La Bettola Osteria
Traditional southern Italian cuisine. Think of it as Terroni’s greatest hits where you’ll find all the classics in rotation plus a tightly curated selection of Terroni-exclusive wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Bettola Osteria reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (59)neighborhood gem (44)good for groups (43)great for lunch (39)notable wine list (35)hot spot (21)special occasion (16)romantic (14)late-night find (11)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (4)Show More
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Love the food! Love the knowledgable staff! Love the location! Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great thick crusted breadCoralDined on 10/17/2014Duck prosciutto was excellent. The pistachio ice cream is delicious. There are vegetarian choices. We were 3 and our dishes did not get to the table at the same time. 2 were served, and we had to wait 10 mins. for the 3rd person's food to arrive before we could start eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/15/2014We are lucky enough in this city to have many choices of where to spend our restaurant dollars. There are, however, very few places who know how to treat a customer well. The staff at La Bettola is an example of how to do it right! The manager is just outstanding and the floor staff takes her lead. The food here is always very good and the service just gets better. For these reasons, this has become my go to restaurant. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- underwhelmedDowntowndinerDined on 10/15/2014I am a long time fan of terroni and have long ago accepted their unique approach customer service and feedback) mainly because the food is consistently so darn good USUALLY excellent quality and very reasonable prices. So I was surprised to find the food just not up to the request level if quality .... perhaps an anomalySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!AdamDined on 10/14/2014Great food. Fantastic Italian dishes. Great starters. Scallops and calamari were both delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Took my girlfriend here for our 6 month anniversary last night. We shared the callamari and Agnolloti di Manzo, both were absolutely top notch. The agnolloti was one of the best dishes I've eaten in a long time, creamy, savoury and delicious. We each had a beer. I had the pilsner, she had the blonde ale. Both were EXCELLENT. Service was attentive, courteous and super pleasant. We will absolutely be back.Special Features:
- Communal wide table is terribleTorontotwosomeVIPDined on 10/9/2014Booked as pre- theatre date night with husband. Restaurant was packed. Seated at communal table which we would have been fine with but it is so wide and guests so close, we could literally not hear a word without yelling. I asked if we could at least sit beside each other and were told no. We asked if any other seats at bar or for 2 but nothing. We left. Not likely to return
- Always Enjoyable!table4twoDined on 10/9/2014We eat here often and rarely can I say this, but this little gem never disappoints us. Sometimes we dine here as a couple, sometimes I dine with just a friend and sometimes we dine here as a family - our kids are university age. The food and service are always perfect and it has just the right level of noise; being lively but not so loud that we can't enjoy a good conversation over dinner.Special Features:
- Great pre-show dining!NoOneCaresDined on 10/8/2014We made reservations here to take advantage of the location - steps from a parking garage and just down the street from Massey Hall. The Service was a bonus! Our waiter was very helpful with the wine selection- I generally know what I like, but I don't know my Italian wines at all. The meal arrived while we were still nibbling on the hearty bread - it was unexpectedly quick - which was great because it took the pressure off whether we would have to rush to make the show. The wine was great, the service was quick and friendly and the food was excellent. We would come back here in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent findBillHeathDined on 10/6/2014We came across this restaurant a year ago when we didn't have much time so it was good to return and try the menu in full. It was well worth it. The menu isn't long but it is uncompromisingly Italian with some very interesting choices. All the pasta is homemade. The service was very pleasant and professional with sensible advice for wine. We would seriously recommend it to anyone who wants good food at excellent value.Special Features:
- Good, but I was hoping for moreGothligDined on 10/2/2014The food is good and a reasonable approximation to an Osteria except the portions are too large for a complete meal. They tried to do that when they opened but the market didn't get it. A shame. The dishes were well conceived with pretty good ingredients but they came off like the execution of someone who didn't really know what the dish was to be like. A little more like a thali plate than the melding of flavours and ingredients you'd expect at an Osteria. Beyond that, the only complaint is the rapid fire service and miniature tables that pretty much make an enjoyable evening impossible. Given the price, its too expensive for a quick meal. A few apps shared at the bar with a good glass of wine is the best way to enjoy this place.
- Ignored for 25 minutesLydiaDined on 9/27/2014A group of five of us ate at the restaurant on Saturday night. We arrived in stages (first one person, then two, then two more) and we were ignored for quite awhile and were not offered drinks or appetizers while we waited for the rest of the group. We were squished into a table for four. My raviolis were cold. The staff was pleasant and the wine was good, but I wouldn't rush back.
- It was louder than the concert!MikeVIPDined on 9/25/2014Chose La Bettola for the location - down the street from Massey Hall. It was BUSY when we arrived. When seated, we were leaning over the table to talk. Service was good. Food was pretty much what we expected - very good italian. But wow was it loud. People are packing together, don't plan on intimate conversation. But was fun.Special Features:
- VongoleTripleSDined on 9/23/2014I was really looking forward to my clam pasta but once I took my first bite I wished I had ordered something else. The meal was salty. I know to expect clam pasta to be a little on the salty side but this was overkill. I drank 2 glasses of water just to get it down. I also thought the portion was small. Was very glad the server brought over huge slices of bread. For $21, I received a small portion of pasta and approximately 10 baby clams. If/when I return, I'll order a pizza...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealexsouthernxDined on 9/20/2014Our food was uniformly excellent. Calamari was perfectly prepared and interestingly presented. Pizza was excellent - thin & tasty crust. Halibut cooked to perfection. Service was attentive, helpful with suggestions and very friendly. We were seated exactly on time per our reservation. Wine list was interesting, without being extensive - you'll find something for every taste. The room is noisy (Saturday night), but not overwhelming. Tasteful, modern decor. All around the evening was perfect!Special Features:
- Now that's Italian!SimonDined on 9/20/2014Warm and inviting, communal as well as individual tables. Very acceptable choice on the set as well as 'special' menu; all properly prepared, plated, and delivered (2 of the 4 mains were uncomfortably late - served with apologies but no offer of compensation).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Our server Claudia was absolutely amazing! She was super accommodating and extremely helpful. The food was fast and delicious! Love this restaurant and will come back frequently.Special Features:
- Lunchlove4foodVIPDined on 9/17/2014The food here is great 100 % Italian delicious appetizersSpecial Features:
- Great Italian fare!BuonappetitoDined on 9/15/2014Amazingly good food. Consistent quality. Authentic Italian flavours. Friendly and knowledgeable service staff. Great all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner before a showOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2014Excellent dining experience. Friendly waiter, reasonable price and the food was very good. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- NoFoodPoisoningDined on 9/14/2014Didn't had the chance to eat, the restaurant accepted a reservation for 4 at 8:30 and when arrived there told us the kitchen closes at 9. Had wine and then we left.Special Features:
- OliveOylDined on 9/13/2014Service and food were great. Pizza, however, was not as crisp and tasty as in the past. Initially seated by window - cold draft. Hostess moved us to a more comfortable table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunchmeatguyDined on 9/10/2014becoming my favorite new spot for luch when downtown..interesting and varied menu, knowledgable servers and a real gem of a wine list with many good wine specials offered to expand your tasting experiences. pizzas and pastas all interesting and much different from the usual offeringsSpecial Features:
- good pre theatreMarkVIPDined on 9/9/2014Very fresh salads and good menu options. Waitress seemed uninterested, but we enjoyed our lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- they carenjoyingitDined on 9/8/2014Great care given to my wife's dietary needs, very fine food preparation, amazing daily specials and a small but very fine wine list make this a standout find.Special Features:
- Great food and service.BrathyDined on 9/5/2014We stopped for dinner here before attending the theatre, great atmosphere and food. Only complain was that the Arancini was dry and slightly flavourless, could use some tomato sauce. Pizza was fantastic (albeit slightly scarce on the toppings).Special Features:
- Always a pleasure!BellyBlissDined on 8/26/2014My husband and the friends whom we've brought to La Bettola Osteria since finding this little Italian inspired gem always love it! The food is exquisite and never disappoints. The wine menu is extensive and wonderful. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable. The restaurant is not uber quiet but my husband and I have enjoyed many a romantic dinner here (seating is the key! ;-)) and we have also enjoyed our time with a larger group of friends. It's a great place to go before seeing a show at Massey Hall, the ACC, and the myriad of other venues in and around this area. Try it; you'll like it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall very good experienceMerlotDined on 8/23/2014The food was great. Service was excellent. We had a very pleasant server and the flow of service was excellent. I would definitely come back and recommend to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cena fantasticaRobmalDined on 8/16/2014Piatti italiani di qualità superiore sia nella scelta della materia prima che nella esecuzione. Pizza ottima e dolci stupendi. Serata fantastica per chi ama la cucina italiana in Toronto.Special Features:
- No ReservationladyjDined on 8/16/2014I booked the reservation for 5 through OpenTable , but when I got to the restaurant there was nothing in their system, even though I had gotten the confirmation email. So there was no table for us. Luckily the staff was great and they moved some things around to get a table for us while we waited at the bar - which still took almost half an hour. So needless to say, although I am impressed with the restaurant I am NOT impressed with OpenTable and am not likely to try an online reservation with them again.Special Features:
- OliveOylDined on 8/13/2014All meals were excellent though they were not accommodating to making any changes to menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- local gem!cocopuffDined on 8/7/2014Perfect for a quick upscale lunch. food is always fresh, authentic, and delicious. easy for group outings or just for 2! Waitstaff very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendedCocorotsieDined on 7/30/2014I was staying near by so booked online as it was a fashionable recommendation. The service staff was good but a little confused in terms of different servers coming to serve the same environment from waters & wine to the main and then again for dessert. But the food was very good and the atmosphere very nice. I could see it a very good choice for a birthday etc. I had the Ravioli con Scamorza Affumicata - Homemade Ravioli Stuffed with Ricotta and Smoked Scamorza with Asparagus and Prosciutto, recommended by the guy who took my main order and the very well recommended Cannoli Siciliani - Traditional Sicilian Cannoli with Ricotta and Pistachios by the woman who took my dessert order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualPppsDined on 7/29/2014The quality of the food is only surpassed by the great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2014Discovered this spot on Zagat and reserved a table through Open Table. My party of 4 had a great meal and service and I would return without hesitation.Special Features:
- Casual on the CornerTorontoFoodieVIPDined on 7/25/2014From the people who brought us Terroni, La Bettola is a fun, easy, casual Italian restaurant on the corner of Richmond and Victoria. If pizza and pasta are what you crave, this is a fine spot in the heart of downtown. All the wines are custom imports so trying something not available at the LCBO is interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/24/2014Great atmosphere, food and the service was outstanding. I'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Italian RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Very consistent and charming (staff actually speaks italian) place ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Located for Mirvish TheatresarahDined on 7/9/2014The service and ambiance was good. The pizza was chewy and the fig salad was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!JUlienDined on 7/5/2014Going back for sure. Excellent food...pasta, pizza & wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.