1802 Bellevue Ave
Seattle, WA 98122Neighborhood:
Capitol Hill / First Hill
NorthwestPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.labeteseattle.com/
- Phone: 2063294047
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
Brunch: Saturdays and Sundays, 10am-2:30pm
Bar remains open after the kitchen closes, later on weekends and earlier during the week.
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary European, Northwest, International
- Executive Chef: Tyler Moritz and Aleks Dimitrijevic
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are always interested in off-site private functions, subject to being logistically possible. If you are interested in having us create a catering menu for a particular event, please contact us at the restaurant, or via email email@example.com.
A word from La Bete
La Bete is about cooking the food that we like to eat without pretense or limitations. We want to showcase the bounty and beauty of the Pacific Northwest while building a sense of community in our neighborhood and local food scene. Come make yourself at home in ours!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Bete reviews from OpenTable diners
- Best Meal of my lifeECNannyDined on 2/15/2014Honestly, we were a bit scared off by our first glance of the menu. My girlfriend isn't a big fan of seafood and we aren't used to eating things like duck legs, beef tongue, etc. Our waiter recommended the beef with mushrooms, potatoes and a few other vegetables. It was an exquisite take on a comforting dinner though it was unlike anything we have ever eaten before. The beef was rare but so delicious. We started with the hummus which was also different and ended with the sage scented creme brulee that had a white cheddar shortbread on top. It was divine! Quite frankly the best meal from start to finish that I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable Dining ExperienceFoomachiDined on 2/14/2014Went for Valentine's day. It was crowded, as expected, and although I made a reservation 2 weeks in advance, they could only give me 9:30. When we got there (about 9:25), we were told that our table would be 15 minutes, and there was no space at the bar, so we could order something to drink, but had to stand. After about 10 minutes, we were sat at the bar, and had to wait another 10 minutes before our table was ready. The staff was courteous, and it was actually nice to be able to watch the kitchen work before we got to our table (the kitchen is open and right in front of the bar), by the time we ordered we had seen most of the dishes come through. The food was amazing. from the salad to the seared duck breast to the crème brulee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le Bête, lovelyKMAGDined on 2/14/2014The food was very good: the duck and beef courses were wonderful. Valentines day was too busy to experience the restaurant, going back on a standard night. Disappointed to be seated near front door=cold (cocktail helped warm up).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lovely EveningNoCookingTonightDined on 2/13/2014Server very helpful explaining menu items. Loved the wine pairings. Low noise level. So nice to be able to hear the person you're with. Only problem is finding parking but you get a nice walk through the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Great little placeEbenDined on 2/9/2014Unfortunately we ate here the Sunday before Valentine's Day, so it was dead, hard to comment on the ambience. On the plus side it was quiet and the servers were able to offer their best service, which was fantastic and knowledgable. The kitchen did a great job as well, the food was excellent. We had a three course pre fixe menu with wine pairing. The butternut squash soup was especially amazing. Perfect place for a date, a small group (no more than 6) or a superb meal with a book cozied up the the kitchen/bar. Waitstaff was not overly hipster or pretentious which is rare for the area. We will definitely be returning for a second trip, possible trying Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savoury, sensory experience!JamesPattDined on 2/6/2014It was our first visit. We found the staff not only knowledgeable about the entire menu, but very engaging and inquisitive as far as our tastes so that they could make great recommendations. The restaurant is quite small, with warm and unique decor. Reservations for a party of more than 2 would be a good idea even on a week night. They also have an excellent bar with adequate space for a full meal. The menu is quite diverse and everything we had simply blew us away in both taste and presentation. The food was quite fairly priced considering the great quality. We both found the wines by the glass to be on the pricey side for the selection they had. We fully intend to be back often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!Twins04Dined on 2/1/2014Took my bf here for his bday and it was perfect! The food was fantastic and the ambience was perfect!! I would recommend this place to anyone and will definitely be coming back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable mealBrystockDined on 1/22/2014La Bete has a very European feel. Although the waitress was extremely nice and efficient, the service is at a laidback pace. The food was perfectly prepared, and we look forward to returning for another meal sometime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the best! Menu is ajobaDined on 1/22/2014Always the best! Menu is a work of art and blend of flavors makes every dish unique. The restaurant will definitely be on you recurring list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful spot!PammDined on 1/12/2014Enjoyed every moment-parking is tough Ambience, food, my favorite style of restaurant-loved it!Special Features:
- Great foodCaphillfoodieDined on 12/31/2013My wife and I agreed that our New Years dinner at La Bete was one of the best ever. We enjoyed 7 different dishes between the two of us and they were all top notch in taste and creativity. There was a small mix up with the reservation, but they quickly solved the problem and took care of our first glass of wine. We thoroughly enjoyed the meal and plan on returning there soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinner!rilstronDined on 12/21/2013My husband and I went to dinner at La Bete for his birthday on a Saturday evening. We've been here a few times and have always had a great experience. We started with cocktails (which were fantastic) and the fall salad, which I highly recommend. In fact, I would even say that it's one of the best salads I think I've ever had. The menu is relatively small but diverse - I chose to be adventurous and try the fried smelt (delicious). Overall, the atmosphere is fantastic - quiet enough to have a conversation but not "too quiet" to where you feel awkward or exposed; the background music was fun and quirky. I definitely recommend La Bete!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La BêteBetsyDined on 12/20/2013Love the ambiance. The food is amazing with great attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Burger in TownFoodGalVIPDined on 12/18/2013Order the burger! It's delicious and you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great food!monistDined on 12/18/2013Not afraid to cook rabbit, pork cheeks, serve head cheese, etc. Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/15/2013We have been to La Bete multiple times and each time it is excellent. All the food is prepared perfectly, the staff is knowledgeable about wine selections and when dining with a group of 5, all the food was delivered hot and at the same time. I highly recommend checking out La Bete!Special Features:
- My new favorite place!DavidDined on 12/7/2013The title says it all. I love this place. The food was really good and our waitress was the best!Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/6/2013The food was delicious! Most amazing hamburger and delicious gnocchi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnergreateryDined on 12/3/2013Took a friend I hadn't seen for a while to dinner here. The ambiance was perfect and food and wine were delicious. I felt a bit rushed by the waiter but considering we were taking long to order as we were catching up, that part was understandable. But after the meal, I did not feel inclined to linger. Overall, a pretty good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat Lovers' ParadiseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/29/2013Everyone I was w/ enjoyed the various meats 'meat dishes that we reserved. I eat seafood but not meat do I had oysters on the half shell; falafel; butternut squash soup & fall greens. The salad came dressed in a bacon dressing though, so you have to ask for some special modifications if you want to avoid meat entirely. Cheers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enticing InteriorAEMiDined on 11/25/2013We went for Monday's Middle Eastern menu and the experience was overall good. Not spectacular, but good. The inside is very cozy and we loved the layout of the kitchen. I was disappointed mostly because I had been drooling over the menu online for days before the reservation but they didn't serve either of the things I wanted. I wanted the Painted Hills beef kebabs and I was so excited to try the sahlab ice cream....and no luck with either.Special Features:
- A hidden gem.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/24/2013I recently tried La Bête for a brunch date. The food and atmosphere were perfect. Service was very good too. I had a reservation and highly recommend having reservations because they fill up quickly!Special Features:
- Limited but imaginative menuClayinSeattleDined on 11/22/2013There are only about seven things on the menu, but the burger is always a good backup..... And the house cocktails are tasty...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great Staff!SunshineState365Dined on 11/22/2013This is my second visit to La Bete and once again it was wonderful. The staff is warm and attentive (Hannah, you're awesome!), food excellent, and the atmosphere is just right to lift your mood if you've had a hard week. It was a girls-night dinner for me this time but it could be a romantic spot, an everyday meeting place, or just a place to hang if you are alone and need a nice dinner at the bar. They strive for unpretentious and hit the mark. Parking is usually tough in Seattle but there is a pay lot within easy walking distance. Try it. Go back. You won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2013The pace of the meal was unhurried - plenty of time between courses for conversation, just the right timing - not too slow. We were a table of four and everyone was happy with their choice of meal and drinks. The staff all worked together for a seamless dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent brunch menu, great vibeAndyNYCVIPDined on 11/16/2013Just the right place to get some fresh, delicious local food into your tired body on a weekend morning. The salads were fresh and varied and the burger was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a great, quaint restaurantCherylDined on 11/8/2013This was a great, quaint restaurant I visited for the first time. Friendly staff, great food, small plates which is what I prefer. Good cocktails and a great soundtrack playing. I will go back for sure. The only drawback is the parking but that's to be expected on Capitol Hill so consider taking a cab or plan on giving yourself plenty of time to find parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceJackDined on 11/1/2013Food was very, very good. Unique, varied menu, great service and cool atmosphere. I'll go back again soon. There were so many interesting things on the menu it will take multiple trips to try it out. Strongly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Bete falls short-AdamVIPDined on 10/30/2013I wanted to like this place from the moment I entered. And, to be honest, the soup du jour (mushroom and something else) was amazing, and kept. After the soup it was down hill: first problem- a 25 minute gap between the first course and the entrees--not acceptable- without even an explanation or apology. Then, our server disappeared and a new one shows up with a desert menu, and then he disappeared until we finally asked for the check- So, all in all, great soup, okay entrees, poor service. Everyone was friendly (though slow or vanishing) and it may have just been an off-night (that happens at times)- I may give La Bete a second chance.Special Features:
- Go there!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/30/2013Great neighborhood restaurant. Great food, must have the bacon rinds, knowledgeable and cordial service, cozy ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pop up Mediterranean MondaysKMRRDined on 10/28/2013La Bête may be a French restaurant, but on Monday chef Taylor delighted us with Mediterranean cuisine. She studied in Egypt and this night's focus was Palestinian. As a vegetarian I often eat Mediterranean and become weary of falafel and hummus. Not here- the freshly made and specially garnished dishes were amazing. My carnivorous companions were wowed also. From the fresh grilled pita to the water-hibiscus sorbet and pistachio ice cream, we didn't leave a morsel. Go. Eat. Repeat. I will!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dinner place.ManumapuDined on 10/26/2013I enjoyed the dinner immensely; service was great. My only negative is that the wine list is too extensive, given the menu-- needs paring down. Excellent service, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been before and mayGloveDined on 10/26/2013We have been before and may never come back. Our service was HORRIBLE!
- Great ambience, love the openOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2013Great ambience, love the open kitchen and all the decorations. Servers are professional and knowledgeable without ever being condescending. Creative and delicious foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week October 2013OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2013My cousin and I went to this restaurant for restaurant week. We shared: chicken liver mousse and Moroccan chicken wings, housemade gnocchi and pork cheek goulash, and creme broulee and chocolate cake. One thing we agreed on: the pork cheek goulash is a must-get! Almost everything else was pretty good, and I don't remember having chicken wings and creme broulee the way La Bete prepared them; they were special in a good way. The liver mousse is good but liver mousse is generally hard to go wrong with, and I did not like the chocolate cake (personal preference though; my cousin thought it was good).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mind = BlownMichaelDined on 10/21/2013The food was incredible. I was speaking about it to my girl the next day. Absolutely delicious. Lick your plate status (It's a nice place though, I didn't want to be SEEN licking my plate). I highly recommend La Bete.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and great atmospherecatebDined on 10/20/2013We loved coming here for restaurant week and highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal, great valueFinefoodfanVIPDined on 10/20/2013Now I understand why this place is so popular. I've had far less memorable meals at much more expensive restaurants. We weren't blown away by the appetizers - we had the chicken wings and salmon croquettes, but the main courses, desserts and drinks were excellent, and the bill was very reasonable.Special Features:
- Fabulous Fresh in Small Portionsjlove2dineDined on 10/19/2013Where the food is always fresh and fabulous!! Although the portions are for more petite appetites. We shared 1 appetizer for 2, 1 salad,1 bottle of wine, enjoyed 2 entrees, we shared 1 dessert. We left not a crumb behind and with not feeling stuffed but very satisfied. $130 with tax before tip. Which I thought was reasonable. So if you arrive with a grand appetite you'll just need to order more of their great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressive cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/15/2013Loved pretty much everything - some of the waitstaff were a little high strung which is actually adorable. We came in at opening and had the place to ourselves, we suggested that we could sit in a corner. The host relented but his boss came out and said that we would have to move, they couldn't possibly rearrange everything. We had torn the fabric of the universe. We were cool with it, moved, and had dinner without a hitch. We did notice that the place was still empty when we left. Guess we didn't really have to move after all. Pretty funny, really. This place does some amazing things. Highly recommend!Special Features: