218 N. Lee Street
Alexandria, VA 22314Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.labergerie.com/
- Phone: 7036831007
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Basque, French
- Executive Chef: Vincent Damman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Facilities: La Bergerie can accommodate up to 50 people in one of the private room. 24 in another room and 150 for the whole restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Laurent Janowsky 7036831007
- Entertainment: A strolling violinist is on hand during special occassions like, Valentine's day, Easter, Mother's day, Xmas Eve and New Year's Eve.
A word from La Bergerie
Located in the heart of Old Town Alexandria, Virginia, La Bergerie offers a cozy and relaxed setting in a historic brick warehouse. Whether it's an intimate lunch or dinner, a special occasion or business affair, La Bergerie's gracious and attentive staff will make your experience memorable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
La Bergerie - Best Restaurants in Alexandria ›
La Bergerie reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (114)romantic (104)fit for foodies (76)notable wine list (71)neighborhood gem (59)great for lunch (17)good for groups (13)late-night find (7)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Paris in Washington-well Old TownTwinDined on 9/16/2014Celebrating the 25th anniversary of our first friends birthday in Paris, we selected the highly rated La Bergerie and were not disappointed from start to finish! Great food, ambiance, and service--less hectic area of Old Town. Plus parking space close-by! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningDeliciousDined on 9/13/2014Great service and great food as always. The lobster was delicious.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodWandererDined on 9/12/2014This restaurant had the most amazing food! We loved our dinner here. Atmosphere was very nice, great place for a nice quiet dinner for two or a small group. The prices were in line with other nice French restaurants, but above all else the food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner and conversationCountryGentlemanDined on 8/31/2014Wonderful food, good wine, excellent service and most importantly an atomosphere where you can carry on a conversation with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb French FoodLarryVIPDined on 8/30/2014Another wonderful dinner, great escargot, main course fish and soufflé!Special Features:
- 33rd Wedding AnniversaryFoodGuyDined on 8/28/2014We have gone to La Bergerie on our anniversary for the last 6 or 7 years, and wach time has been a wonderful experience. The staff always makes us feel special ansgo out of their way to provide excellent service cleaning the tanle between courses to refilling our wine glasses. You don't have to ask. All needs are anticipated and covered. Carlos is absolutely the best, and Caroline is following in his footsteps! The food is always mouth-watering delicious. Great service, delicious food, and a romantic atmosphere completea the package.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining outPhioDined on 8/26/2014It was a wonderful first time experience dining at La Bergerie restaurant. Also it was a special occasion and my guest felt very special. I would highly recommend this restaurant to family and friends. It was a personal touch which provided a long lasting impression.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!OutstandingVIPDined on 8/24/2014I love authentic French cuisine, which many attempt, but do not do well. This was a truly great find, creative, traditional and in a great spot close to King St (easy access). The food was fantastic, fresh and simply enjoyable as I have been disappointed with others claiming to be French, but this one truly was. In addition, the service was well done, professional, courteous and from filling water to making helpful suggestions....they were on it. We will definitely return....Special Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Your restaurant continues to supply excellent food at reasonable prices, The service is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old schoolOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014Old school decor and classic French dishes. Delicious and classic.Special Features:
- Good, but I expected moreOTRFDined on 8/23/2014I dined at La Bergerie during Restaurant week. The menu selections were adequate, though not overly exciting. And, while tasty, the food preparation was only adequate-to-good. The waiter made a big deal out of ensuring that the temperature of my Steak Au Poivre would be medium rare. It was barely medium. My soufflé could have been quite pleasant; but it, too, was overcooked. Also service was rushed, making dining less than relaxing. Topping it off was the $5.00 charge for a bottle of sparkling water that is made in house (with no offer of a refill) and the $7.00 charge for a double espresso. The entirety of my experience makes it highly unlikely that I will return.
- Restaurant Week dinner...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Food was delicious, service-excellent. Lovely evening 😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Eveningjag4rkbgDined on 8/23/2014Been here before and choose La Bergerie for our 38th Anneversary! It was truly the start of a romantic evening.Special Features:
- Dinner at La BergeriemmmvaDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant definitely met my expectations for deliciously prepared foods. The wait service was excellent as was the personal touch from the owner. We were unaware of restaurant week in Old Town when we visited the restaurant. The limited menu offered at restaurants during this time is not what our group expected. At first we were disappointed to hear of the limitation of menu items. The owner came by and gladly offered additional selections on the regular menu. We were delighted that he expanded our choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhillypinoyDined on 8/22/2014Wonderful surprise in the middle of the dessert soufflé.Special Features:
- The Perfect Go-To RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/22/2014When the meal needs to be perfect, & the service, exquisite, La Bergerie is without peer.Special Features:
- Poor service & food, high costWellTraveledDinerDined on 8/22/2014Lunch was a real disappointment. Service wasn't exactly friendly, one diner’s salad was so-so, and the waiter almost dumped a puff pastry tart into another diner’s lap. The salmon I had was tiny, less than 3 ounces – usually fingerling potatoes mean 2 or 3 but they served one in quarters, two meager spears of asparagus, and about a tablespoon of ratatouille. Meanwhile, we had to ask for more bread, my coffee cup was dirty, another diner's tea was not served with our wine, and as a final note of this lunch, the ladies room was out of service and I had to go searching for someone to show me a very seedy alternative. We’ll not be going back … very poor for a pricey cost.
- Good food/wine, excellent serviceMHOMDined on 8/21/2014The menu is traditional, with dishes that can be hard to find these days. This is one of the few places where you can still get a soufflé, escargots, and steak a la poivre. The presentation and preparation are very good. The wine list is good, with some very expensive choices, but also some that are reasonable for the rest of us. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed My First TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014This was my first time at the restaurant and I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Enjoyable diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2014We found La Bergerie to be very enjoyable dining. We would recommend this restaurant to friends.Special Features:
- Our Go-to Special PlaceeclipsegroupieVIPDined on 8/20/2014We love La Bergerie. The food is excellent and the atmosphere in their dining foom always gives our meal a very special feeling. If we lived closer, we'd eat there a lot. As it is, we try to get there once or twice a year and especially on those special occasions when we want a great meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Loved it! Excellent food and wine list. Amazing service. Made us feel like VIPs. Will be coming back for every special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A step down from usualCShellDined on 8/19/2014We dined here during restaurant week. It was a step down from their usual high-quality food and service. The food selection was good, but some of the dishes were undercooked. They were probably trying to go fast for a big crowd. This is usually a 4+ star restaurant. We are hoping it will be back after restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem!MikedDined on 8/19/2014This place is amazing we enjoy this place so much we have been going almost weekly! I promise it is the best food in Oldtown....it is a hidden Gem off of king st, it is a elegant place so leave the flip flops and shorts at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/19/2014Always a superb dining experience. The service was professional, attentive, but subtle. The tomato bisque was delicious as were the scallops and the roasted pork. One of the best restaurants in Old Town -- never disappoints.Special Features:
- Not as good as it used to beFoodieVIPDined on 8/18/2014They have gotten really cheap for restaurant week. The menu is not even close to there normal menu and they continue to want to up charge you for everything. I've been there in the past for restraunt week as well and it was way better in years past. This place is going down hill.Special Features:
- A lovely eveningChowhoundDined on 8/18/2014The staff at La Bergerie were very friendly and accommodating - the waiter was able to recommend good wines and the manager came around several times to ensure that we were happy with everything. The appetizers and entrees were very good and the Grand Marnier souffle was fantastic. We'll definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food - Service LackingHarleyDDined on 8/17/2014Chose La Bergerie for RW as it's nearby and had been on our short list. It was easy to find and we were seated right away. The Maitre-'d delivered menus and a speedy brief on the specials which the wife and I only caught bits and pieces of. The waitress finally showed up and the soup of the day was explained - a potato and apple bacon with spinach puree, and my wife ordered it. I went for the scallops. Both appetizers were very good and presented with a large basket of french bread that was excellent. For entrees', I chose steak and wife chose the chicken and both were tasty. Slow to arrive desserts were creme brule' and a puff pastry, excellent. Then the long wait for our check. A wonderful meal sadly marred by slow inattentive service.Special Features:
- lovely dinberskygrlDined on 8/17/2014hadn't been to la bergerie for years. it was a pleasant surprise. the food was wonderful, the service terrofic, and the soufles were fab!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really niceHighlanderDined on 8/17/2014This is a gem, tucked upstairs in a quieter part of Old Town. It's small and intimate, but not at all stuffy. I had duck confit, and my partner had a filet mignon. Both were prepared perfectly. It's a great place, and we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but . . .Luv2dineDined on 8/17/2014It was restaurant week, and perhaps that was why we felt so rushed. The garçon was just too attentive, taking away our plates before we had swallowed our last mouthfuls of each course. As we were finishing our desert, the whole table was cleared by two servers - even the salt and pepper went! We were still drinking our wine. What a subtle hint for us to vacate our seats. The check then arrived and we weren't even asked if we would like coffee. Shame, as the food was truly delicious.
- Nice for a changeHipsterLiteDined on 8/17/2014My best friend from high school and I decided we needed to try something we would never eat on a regular girls night out. So it was Restaurant Week, prix fixe, and we decided on French. I thought the food was tasty and well-prepared. I had a portabella appetizer that didn't thrill me. My entree was duck, and it was done well, tender and juicy. I probably won't go back, but that's not a reflection on the restaurant, but rather on my proximity. I recommend it if you live in the area and want something a bit special.Special Features:
- 21 Excellent MealsLarryVIPDined on 8/16/2014My wife and were both pleased with our Restaurant week selections. The staff was very busy with the large crowd, but service did not sufferI would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week and superblhmiVIPDined on 8/16/2014The restaurant week crowd on Saturday was large, but La Bergerie cut no corners. Food was outstanding. Service was "busy" in order to handle the crowd (normally, service is a bit more elegantly leisured but remained polished and attentive). We were nearly the last to leave, and the staff (exhausted) was still gracious. We look forward to a return when we are in the area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodRobertDined on 8/16/2014Food was well prepared and quite good. Waiters were attentive without being "on top" of you. On overall pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week ReviewhealthypersonthatdrinksDined on 8/16/2014We did the 3 course meal prix fixe for Alexandria Restaurant Week. Needless to say, being a fancy little French place, the portions are small, so don't go into it starving but go into it knowing you are going to get an elegant, small meal. Having an appetizer is a must. Great ambience, server wasn't super attentive (we drink a lot of water, and were waiting for wine orders) but she was very friendly nonetheless.Special Features:
- 1st visitKMCfromDCVIPDined on 8/16/20141st time here for Restaurant Week. We enjoyed ourselves. Food was great. Will visit again.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014We made a last minute reservation for a birthday celebration and had a great time. We would definitely come here again. We were not rushed, the waiter's recommendations were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go againSimipletonDined on 8/15/2014We had a very good experience and will go again very soon. The staff was very attentive and the service was very prompt. I would give it Excellent rating but there is always slight room for improvement.Special Features:
- Great souffles!!SebaDined on 8/15/2014We recently went for restaurant week and to show this wonderful little gem to my mother in law. The food was excellent and the dessert as always, delicious! I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features: