218 N. Lee Street
Alexandria, VA 22314Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.labergerie.com/
- Phone: 7036831007
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Basque, French
- Executive Chef: Vincent Damman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Facilities: La Bergerie can accommodate up to 50 people in one of the private room. 24 in another room and 150 for the whole restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Laurent Janowsky 7036831007
- Entertainment: A strolling violinist is on hand during special occassions like, Valentine's day, Easter, Mother's day, Xmas Eve and New Year's Eve.
A word from La Bergerie
Located in the heart of Old Town Alexandria, Virginia, La Bergerie offers a cozy and relaxed setting in a historic brick warehouse. Whether it's an intimate lunch or dinner, a special occasion or business affair, La Bergerie's gracious and attentive staff will make your experience memorable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
La Bergerie - Best Restaurants in Alexandria ›
La Bergerie reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (114)romantic (100)fit for foodies (79)notable wine list (70)neighborhood gem (57)great for lunch (13)good for groups (11)late-night find (6)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014Good food, good service, great place. We'll definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Amazing French Foodsjc4vDined on 10/18/2014The people, the waiters, the food, the presentation, the environment where all fantastic! I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Great Food Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014It was a special birthday 10-12-2014 for my wife and is her favorite restaurant when we lived in the DC area. The dining experience remains top quality and the service outstanding. We always recommend La Bergerie to friends when they go to DC. RogFbgTXSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/10/2014We have been going to La Bergerie off and on for 10 yrs. We started out going to it for just special occasions, now - merely when we miss the Dover Sole. The food is absolutely excellent. This last time was the very first time that they made a mistake in our 10 yrs of visits-forgot to put in our soufflé order. However, the way that they dealt with that mistake was impressive. Both the server & the owner apologized-we were given sorbet and port on the house. Yet, after 10 yrs, I was relieved to actually see a mistake, because my husband and I used to joke that they must have microphones in the flowers. We used to joke that way because each and every server was always on time in anticipating our needs. The food and service is beyond reproach!Special Features:
- SoldierOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The food is phenomenal, but the service is a little slow.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningNoettoDined on 9/26/2014This is a wonderful spot for a quiet and elegant evening and a very French cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerVirginiaVisitorVIPDined on 9/22/2014Every time we go to La Bergerie, I remind myself that it should not be only for special occasions. Every visit offers the same great food, the same good service, and a restaurant atmosphere that encourages conversation, rather than drowning it out.Special Features:
- happyVIPDined on 9/22/2014Always excellent service and great food. We go to this restaurant for celebrations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/21/2014An exceptional meal with excellent service. The menu is so diverse - we opted for the 4-course but were given the option of any combination on the very extensive menu. The elk was favorable, the lamb extraordinary, and the fish superb.Special Features:
- drbfVIPDined on 9/20/2014A truly wonderful restaurant with excellent food and service.......Special Features:
- Superb!KateyDined on 9/20/2014La Bergerie is very special to us. We have come for very important occasions over the years. This time we brought with us the couple who introduced us many years ago. They were delighted as we always are with the fine food and personal service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BravoBigDaddyVIPDined on 9/20/2014Food is superb. Service is swift, efficient and professional without feeling rushed or intrusive. Staff are well coordinated and have an excellent sense of the diner's pace. Glasses are never drained, plates never linger on the table, utensils replaced silently and quickly. Table side prep is well done. Food is superb, beautifully presented and tastes sensationalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite PlaceAnonymousDined on 9/20/2014I absolutely love La Bergerie. It has been our special-occasion go-to place forever (we were there for our anniversary) and everything about it is always first-rate. If you have never tried the souffle for dessert you are missing one of the great treats of this lovely restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paris in Washington-well Old TownTwinDined on 9/16/2014Celebrating the 25th anniversary of our first friends birthday in Paris, we selected the highly rated La Bergerie and were not disappointed from start to finish! Great food, ambiance, and service--less hectic area of Old Town. Plus parking space close-by! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningDeliciousDined on 9/13/2014Great service and great food as always. The lobster was delicious.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodWandererDined on 9/12/2014This restaurant had the most amazing food! We loved our dinner here. Atmosphere was very nice, great place for a nice quiet dinner for two or a small group. The prices were in line with other nice French restaurants, but above all else the food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner and conversationCountryGentlemanDined on 8/31/2014Wonderful food, good wine, excellent service and most importantly an atomosphere where you can carry on a conversation with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb French FoodLarryVIPDined on 8/30/2014Another wonderful dinner, great escargot, main course fish and soufflé!Special Features:
- 33rd Wedding AnniversaryFoodGuyDined on 8/28/2014We have gone to La Bergerie on our anniversary for the last 6 or 7 years, and wach time has been a wonderful experience. The staff always makes us feel special ansgo out of their way to provide excellent service cleaning the tanle between courses to refilling our wine glasses. You don't have to ask. All needs are anticipated and covered. Carlos is absolutely the best, and Caroline is following in his footsteps! The food is always mouth-watering delicious. Great service, delicious food, and a romantic atmosphere completea the package.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining outPhioDined on 8/26/2014It was a wonderful first time experience dining at La Bergerie restaurant. Also it was a special occasion and my guest felt very special. I would highly recommend this restaurant to family and friends. It was a personal touch which provided a long lasting impression.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!OutstandingVIPDined on 8/24/2014I love authentic French cuisine, which many attempt, but do not do well. This was a truly great find, creative, traditional and in a great spot close to King St (easy access). The food was fantastic, fresh and simply enjoyable as I have been disappointed with others claiming to be French, but this one truly was. In addition, the service was well done, professional, courteous and from filling water to making helpful suggestions....they were on it. We will definitely return....Special Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Your restaurant continues to supply excellent food at reasonable prices, The service is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old schoolOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014Old school decor and classic French dishes. Delicious and classic.Special Features:
- Good, but I expected moreOTRFDined on 8/23/2014I dined at La Bergerie during Restaurant week. The menu selections were adequate, though not overly exciting. And, while tasty, the food preparation was only adequate-to-good. The waiter made a big deal out of ensuring that the temperature of my Steak Au Poivre would be medium rare. It was barely medium. My soufflé could have been quite pleasant; but it, too, was overcooked. Also service was rushed, making dining less than relaxing. Topping it off was the $5.00 charge for a bottle of sparkling water that is made in house (with no offer of a refill) and the $7.00 charge for a double espresso. The entirety of my experience makes it highly unlikely that I will return.
- Restaurant Week dinner...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Food was delicious, service-excellent. Lovely evening 😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Eveningjag4rkbgDined on 8/23/2014Been here before and choose La Bergerie for our 38th Anneversary! It was truly the start of a romantic evening.Special Features:
- Dinner at La BergeriemmmvaDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant definitely met my expectations for deliciously prepared foods. The wait service was excellent as was the personal touch from the owner. We were unaware of restaurant week in Old Town when we visited the restaurant. The limited menu offered at restaurants during this time is not what our group expected. At first we were disappointed to hear of the limitation of menu items. The owner came by and gladly offered additional selections on the regular menu. We were delighted that he expanded our choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhillypinoyDined on 8/22/2014Wonderful surprise in the middle of the dessert soufflé.Special Features:
- The Perfect Go-To RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/22/2014When the meal needs to be perfect, & the service, exquisite, La Bergerie is without peer.Special Features:
- Poor service & food, high costWellTraveledDinerDined on 8/22/2014Lunch was a real disappointment. Service wasn't exactly friendly, one diner’s salad was so-so, and the waiter almost dumped a puff pastry tart into another diner’s lap. The salmon I had was tiny, less than 3 ounces – usually fingerling potatoes mean 2 or 3 but they served one in quarters, two meager spears of asparagus, and about a tablespoon of ratatouille. Meanwhile, we had to ask for more bread, my coffee cup was dirty, another diner's tea was not served with our wine, and as a final note of this lunch, the ladies room was out of service and I had to go searching for someone to show me a very seedy alternative. We’ll not be going back … very poor for a pricey cost.
- Good food/wine, excellent serviceMHOMDined on 8/21/2014The menu is traditional, with dishes that can be hard to find these days. This is one of the few places where you can still get a soufflé, escargots, and steak a la poivre. The presentation and preparation are very good. The wine list is good, with some very expensive choices, but also some that are reasonable for the rest of us. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed My First TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014This was my first time at the restaurant and I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Enjoyable diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2014We found La Bergerie to be very enjoyable dining. We would recommend this restaurant to friends.Special Features:
- Our Go-to Special PlaceeclipsegroupieVIPDined on 8/20/2014We love La Bergerie. The food is excellent and the atmosphere in their dining foom always gives our meal a very special feeling. If we lived closer, we'd eat there a lot. As it is, we try to get there once or twice a year and especially on those special occasions when we want a great meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Loved it! Excellent food and wine list. Amazing service. Made us feel like VIPs. Will be coming back for every special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A step down from usualCShellDined on 8/19/2014We dined here during restaurant week. It was a step down from their usual high-quality food and service. The food selection was good, but some of the dishes were undercooked. They were probably trying to go fast for a big crowd. This is usually a 4+ star restaurant. We are hoping it will be back after restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem!MikedDined on 8/19/2014This place is amazing we enjoy this place so much we have been going almost weekly! I promise it is the best food in Oldtown....it is a hidden Gem off of king st, it is a elegant place so leave the flip flops and shorts at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/19/2014Always a superb dining experience. The service was professional, attentive, but subtle. The tomato bisque was delicious as were the scallops and the roasted pork. One of the best restaurants in Old Town -- never disappoints.Special Features:
- Not as good as it used to beFoodieVIPDined on 8/18/2014They have gotten really cheap for restaurant week. The menu is not even close to there normal menu and they continue to want to up charge you for everything. I've been there in the past for restraunt week as well and it was way better in years past. This place is going down hill.Special Features:
- A lovely eveningChowhoundDined on 8/18/2014The staff at La Bergerie were very friendly and accommodating - the waiter was able to recommend good wines and the manager came around several times to ensure that we were happy with everything. The appetizers and entrees were very good and the Grand Marnier souffle was fantastic. We'll definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.