177 9th Ave.
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.labergamotenyc.com/
- Phone: 2126279010
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 7:00am - 8:00pm, Friday - Sunday: 7:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from La Bergamote
In May 1998, Stephane Willemen Executive pastry chef and Romain Lamaze Managing director joined talent to bring to NYC La Bergamote Patisserie Française located in Chelsea. The success of La Bergamote is it's consistent product quality and fresh ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Bergamote reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)neighborhood gem (3)kid-friendly (2)fit for foodies (2)Show More
- Not worth the wait.UESfoodieVIPDined on 6/22/2014My husband, teenage daughter and I made reservations at La Bergamote because of it's excellent Open Table reviews. It took more than an hour for our salad and entrees to be served. We couldn't understand this, since there were only 2 other occupied tables. The restaurant seems to be more of a pastry shop, since there were beautiful French desserts on display, although we didn't see anyone coming in to order the pastries. The food was acceptable. We will not return.
- do not go there.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2014We went with friends for diner last weekend. We order duck. Food was cold. Restaurant was empty. Do not go there.Special Features:
- surprising find-paris in nycloramVIPDined on 5/30/2014when i first walked into the restuarant, my entire group was underwhelmed. it felt like we were eating at a bakery--not exactly what we wanted to be doing for a friday night. However, that all changed when we started eating. the food was excellent. every course was amazing and delicious. will be going back for more. also, the staff was attentive and helpful.Special Features:
- Pleasant bistro and bakeryalwayshungryVIPDined on 5/6/2014Lovely supper pre-performance at the Atlantic Theatre Company just down the street. Service is a bit haphazard, my moules frites could have been a little warmer, but the portion was very generous (dozens of small mussels) and the broth tasty. Desserts are their forte.Special Features:
- Nice bistro!SuVivaresDined on 5/2/2014My friends and I just loved it! The service and the food was very good. Looking fwd to brunch ing. BestSpecial Features:
- Pleasant place and good foodrobertodDined on 4/22/2014We had dinner on a Tuesday night and the restaurant was quiet, with only a couple of tables. Actually, is the kind of restaurants we like because it has only a limited number of tables. The appetizer was good. It was a salad based on endives and blue cheese. The entre was lamb with mashed potatoes and it was very well prepared. The only unfavorable ítem was the dessert, which was an undefined mix of chocolate and fruit. We didn't like it. We had made a reservation at 8.30 PM and had no problems at all, but while we were having dinner, some groups arrived and were told that the kitchen closes at 9.30 PM and were not admitted. This is a tip important for future guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bakery/BustroBlockheadVIPDined on 4/19/2014Really delicious food! Interesting salds to start. Well prepared fish and the desserts were amazing. 5 of is shared 2. Wonderful lattes and teas. Doing the galleries with friends and found it on open table. Thans OT! Wouldn't have found it without you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A local findtoblisDined on 4/16/2014The restaurant had a limited dinner menu but every thing we sampled was very good. The desserts were excellent. My only complaint was the cappuccino was weak. the service was very good and they did not rush you. We were going to an off Bway show i/2 block away. We would definately go back to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Delicious french food and dessertAnonyMouseDined on 4/9/2014The food here was very good, we had the salmon and chicken entrees and both were cooked well. The desserts were also fantastic. My biggest problem was with the service. The waitress looked miserable to be there, and was extremely inattentive considering how few diners were there. When we came into the restaurant, we stood by the dessert shelf looking around wondering where the waitstaff was. Waitress didn't ask if we wanted drinks with our dessert (coffee/cappuccino?), never once stopped to ask if we were enjoying our meal and everything was ok, and it wouldn't have killed her to crack a small smile. It just felt unfriendly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The mussels with the sauceNYer01Dined on 3/14/2014The mussels with the sauce du jour were excellent. I opted out of the sausage. Dessert was delicious. The waitstaff and service were wonderful. It is indeed a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good enough but not greatSeltzeroneVIPDined on 1/25/2014The problem with this place- they really do not cater to a dinner crowd. The food was very good, but only one waitress - room was cold, no customer service. I had a very good burger, wife had a very good steak - onion soup-just okay - one friend had duck leg confit which he liked - prices were reasonable - so - if you are not looking for the best, want a meal where you will have to motion the waitress and make sure everyone gets their food at the same time - you may want to try this place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindPattyoboeVIPDined on 12/28/2013The dinners were lovely and the desserts even lovelier! Thank you so much for a wonderful evening of fun and food.Special Features:
- No reservationgooddealVIPDined on 12/3/2013They had no reservation recorded despite confirmation from open table and them. But he had a table free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A chip here, a chip there...OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/26/2013Overall this restaurant is a nice experience. The one thing that turned me off was all of the chipped dinnerware. My salad plate was chipped, dinner plate was chipped, coffee cup was chipped. You get the picture. Not only my dinnerware but that of my spouse was also chipped. This restaurant should invest in some new dishware to match the good food and good service.Special Features:
- Excellent food here and aOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/13/2013Excellent food here and a nice atmosphere of busy-ness as the pastry counter draws people in from outside. A scenic corner view so you can people-watch inside and outside. There are some cool old buildings to gaze at as well. Meanwhile, the sauce on my chicken was so wondrous that I felt too satisfied to try the desserts, but I took something home for later.Special Features: