La Bergamote - Hell's Kitchen
515 W 52nd St
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
La Bergamote - Hell's Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 2125862429
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from La Bergamote - Hell's Kitchen
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Bergamote - Hell's Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance2.8Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (3)great for outdoor dining (3)fit for foodies (2)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014Smart bistro in quiet neighborhood. Extensive selection of pastry and fine chocolate creations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dessert, Not DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/27/2014I went for dinner on a Saturday night at 8pm and there was only two other diners eating dinner. After we paid the check, they closed even though I think they were technically open for longer. I think this place is more for pastries rather than dinner. It was also sad sitting outside across the street from Ardesia which had a much more vibrant scene.Special Features:
- No respect with customersquietlunchVIPDined on 9/5/2014I arrived at reservation time and the place was almost closed with all outdoor furniture inside and staff doing paperwork on the counter. Nobody came to check on us even to apologize. We left and got a walk in on a restaurant near by.
- A truly lovely bistrofoodieVIPDined on 9/3/2014If you've ever been to a European bistro you'll feel at home in this lovely little place. Perfect fir or theatre dinner. Really good food. Well prepared and nice presentation. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 17 reviews are from the La Bergamote - Hell's Kitchen reviews archive.
- More than pastries and coffee!GumboDined on 5/28/2014We had dinner ( the chicken) and it was delicious. Beautifully prepared! One could get sandwiches and quiche etc as well so the menu serves all appetites. And just steps away from the wonderful Ensemble Studio Theatre, it is the perfect restaurant for pre or post show dinner ( or wine or coffee or....)I would recommend this to a friend.
- eyedocVIPDined on 5/9/2014Very casual, probably more suited for breakfast or lunch than dinner, reasonably priced--but not really "French"Special Features:
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/5/2014Wonderful food and service. Definitely will go again.Special Features:
- Great Pre-Theater OptionAarchman10001Dined on 4/1/2014I was looking for a quiet place for a pre-theater meal with a friend--we wanted something quiet, close to the theater district with good food. We found it at La Bergamote--a serene alternative to the hectic pre-theater scene on 8th and 9th Aves. The service was prompt and friendly and the food excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food!ElizabethDined on 3/26/2014This restaurant was small and intimate, and it had excellent food. They take reservations, although are not always needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Find Near TheaterLynetteDined on 2/21/2014My husband and I tried this little gem of a traditional French bistro prior to going to the theater on a Friday night and it was just perfect. The wine list is edited but excellent. The food offerings are traditional bistro but everything we had was outstanding. And best of all, it was a nice quiet pre-theater meal vs. the many busy, bustling and poor quality restaurants that are in the heart of the theater district. They got us in and out in an hour so made it to our show on time, and we had a wonderful, peaceful Friday night dinner too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Let Appearances Fool YouBillVIPDined on 2/19/2014When we arrived at the restaurant and saw display cases of food, I thought we had picked a food shop rather than a restaurant. But we were seated at a table off to the side and proceeded to enjoy a delicious meal. We started with appetizer of assorted fruits and cheeses. The steamed mussels were excellent and the dessert of a cherry chocolate confection was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great find!MaddyDined on 10/30/2013Although further west than we usually endeavor, this was a real find. The food was delicious,and delightfully presented. The Prix fixe was fabulous...including a crock of onion soup ( the real kind!), main course, and FANTASTIC French pasteries for dessert....with coffee/tea.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemNYLADY156VIPDined on 10/25/2013This quiet little restaurant is lovely. The food was great and the choice wine list is excellent. It's not fancy or elegent but a lovely bistro type atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cheap and Casual French FoodJJVVVIPDined on 10/12/2013Le Bergamote primarily seems to be a French bakery however, they have limited seating and a larger menu full of entrees and specials you wouldn't have expected when you first walked in. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was very casual. This is a great place to go if you're craving french food but would rather not pay the high price tag most french restaurants carry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OddboneVIPDined on 9/26/2013Odd spot this one, but figured that I would give it a try for dinner. The food was fine. The wine was fine. The ambience was terrible. It feels more like a cafe than a restaurant. The food says restaurant, but the seating area says 'cafe'. Hearing the (very loud) kitchen fans from the dining area is also a big turn-off. I would only visit again for lunch to pick something up, not to visit for dinner. No music at all during dinner means that we just had an empty dining area, the noise of fans and a wait staff that watched as we ate. A red flag that the staff were cleaning up and ready to go home with an empty dining area at 9pm. We thought they might be closing as we arrived. Suggestion would be to change *something* for dinner.
- Good food, great dessertsSophiaDined on 8/31/2013Went here Labor Day Weekend - very small restaurant with large pastry counter in front. Skate fish dinner entree was delicious but no one else was in the entire restaurant. Very quiet so no problem talking with friends at the table. MariaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Desserts are the highlightRamblerDined on 8/24/2013Four of us ate here for dinner in late August. The outdoor cafe was very pleasant. Good food, good service, surprisingly quiet. The dinner menu is somewhat limited but everything was very good, and reasonably priced by NYC standards. The desserts were the highlight. Don't miss the pastries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- save room for dessertnewyorkerVIPDined on 5/24/2013a lovely little bistro wy on the west side. nice wines by the glass selection. small but interesting menu - everything well prepared. onion soup, country pate and crepes were standouts. great cup of coffee. the real star here are the desserts - frech pastries that are gorgeous and delicious. not destination dining - but worth it if you are in the neighborhood.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pre-theatre optiongargantua2VIPDined on 5/9/2013La Bergamote is a smallish bistro/bakery with a prix fixe menu (we both had the pate [generous helping with lots of great cornichons], my wife had a a poulet farci [w cheese and spinach in a mushroom sauce] and I had the penne with chicken and basil cream sauce [great flavor, perfect consistency - neither sauce was at all gloppy or gelatinous[, and two outstanding desserts, including a superb German Forest Cake torte [the place is a bakery as well]). A nice wine selection as well (by the glass). Prices reasonable for quality and location ($32 for appetizer, entree, dessert and coffee). Service was friendly and competent. The room itself is a bit sterile, so not for a romantic evening. But great for pre-theatre. I'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is really more of a pattiserieOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/7/2013This is really more of a pattiserie than a restaurant..although the food is very good...The atmosphere screams café and the tables are café styleI would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner mediocregrownupVIPDined on 4/12/2013The food was mediocre and not on a par with the great pastries and desserts you can find here.