La Belle Epoque Wine Bistro
38 W State St
Media, PA 19063Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
La Belle Epoque Wine Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://labellebistro.com/
- Phone: (610) 566-6808
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm.
Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm. Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
Weekend Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Loic Barnieu
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer off-site catering for your private events and parties.
- Private Party Facilities: For private parties please call 610-566-6808.
- Private Party Contact: Erin 610-566-6808
- Entertainment: We partake in all the Media Music Festivals. Check us out on Facebook to see our upcoming events.
A word from La Belle Epoque Wine Bistro
We are an authentic French Restaurant serving lunch, dinner and weekend brunch located in downtown Media, PA. For over ten years customers have been returning to Mainline Magazine's "Best French Restaurant" for excellent food, service and wine. Make sure you try Mainline Magazine's "Best Mussels" - they are a must - along with our Tuesday Night Wine Tastings and Champagne Sundays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Belle Epoque Wine Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (17)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (8)notable wine list (8)special occasion (8)great for outdoor dining (5)romantic (5)good for groups (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Local gem!JohnDined on 11/14/2014La Belle Époque is our favorite spot to for dinner in the Media area. The menu is not very big which is great because everything coming out of the kitchen is a masterpiece. The staff are always very attentive and the atmosphere is wonderful. The wine list is great and the flights are reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little Bit of France in MediabettygDined on 11/12/2014I took my sister for lunch at La Belle Epoque to celebrate her 80th birthday. We both loved the crepes, the service, and the ambience. We will definitely return for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unique menuOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014authentic french food with a chef who really creates perfect dishes and of course crepes!Special Features:
- Not a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 11/8/2014We sat at a table at the back and my view was of a storage area with dishes stacked and cleaning products. We ordered escorgo which had very little taste. Next we had the french onion soup which also had very little taste and was luke warm. Not impressed with food or ambiance.
- Croque Monsieur is authenticOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/8/2014Other places in town call a grilled cheese panini by that name. While that are good sandwiches they are not deserving of the name. La Belle, however, gets it right. The small dining room with somewhat cramped quarters is also reminiscent of dining in Paris. Noise level was very low. But I imagine it depends on the crowd since it's such a small room. Food was amazing. The wine was very good. It's a BYO, with a $15 corking fee. Service was very friendly, and not in a rush to turn over our table. Overall excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014The food was good. I found the meal heavy but my college aged kids liked it. The main problem was the long wait - our starters were served after about 15 minutes but we had to wait over an hour more for the main course. Despite the wait, the server did not explain the delay, did not replenish the bread basket or bring anything else. The meal also seemed overly expensive for what we had.I would recommend this to a friend.
- whiskersDined on 10/26/2014Excellent food and service; we have been before and will be back.Special Features:
- Good food however overpricedsjs1980Dined on 10/25/2014The food was excellent. The service was good. The bill was large. My wife and I felt that the prices were a bit overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tres chic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014The dinner was superb. The ambiance quite romantic. A quiet restaurant. I would definitely highly recommend this restaurant to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family lunchCoralieDined on 10/19/2014We wanted to try something new, so we ended up at La Belle Epoque. As a french native I was very happy and curious to eat there. The food was good, the place ok and quite energetic. We had a nice lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Media InstitutionMimiDined on 10/17/2014Nice place with pleasant ambiance and a wonderful staff. Fun outdoor seating. Good salads.Special Features:
- We still enjoy the ResuarantMediajaneDined on 10/4/2014The Menu still has some of the old standards which we like. The specials are often not very appealing to myself or my wife. We do not especially like game foods. La Belle is still on our favorites of Media list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brittany comes to MediaBisquetteDined on 9/17/2014A charming little café that a a charming little café that specializes in the crêpes of la Bretagne but also has quiche, omelets, eggs benedict and salads. Authentically French!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/24/2014We had to sit inside even though I made a reservation for outside, the wine was terrible and the food was not good (outside of the mussels). I could get past all of that if the service wasn't appalling. We were blatantly ignored on a slow night and treated as though we were bothering him. The exception was the host/busboy who was attentive (and we ended up tipping in place of our server). Have been before and the ambiance is not bad if you sit outside and the food is not bad if you have brunch. Service is consistently poor. I will not be back.
- 5 Bells for La BelleeatingoutDined on 8/23/2014La Belle Epoque Wine Bistro was a great spot for a quiet lunch after we visited the Tyler Arboretum. The crepes were delicious and the service was very good. It was quiet and friendly - everything we wanted.Special Features:
- Good food unpleasant hostessjas4Dined on 8/15/2014Very good food and waiters, hostess just seemed to be bothered by us. Never once smile the whole time we were there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChangingMediajaneDined on 8/9/2014We've been eating here since the restaurant opened. The food and wine list are always good. The prices seem to get higher each time we eat there. The new wait staff is not friendly. It's lost its "neighborhood gem" status with us. We dropped nearly $100. I had a salad. My husband had salmon. We each had a glass of wine, coffee and shared a dessert. The waiter/bartender seemed mad at the world. The hostess insisted our Open Table reservation was for 4 instead of 2. They mentioned a " dining points" offer on the bill. My husband asked her about it on our way out. She said he should have asked the waiter when we paid the bill and walked away.Special Features:
- The following 70 reviews are from the La Belle Epoque Wine Bistro reviews archive.
- Always greatKitkatDined on 7/11/2014Whenever we have out of town company this is the place they want to go. Food does not disappoint and the wine is always wonderful. Of course Wes could not be any nicer. We will be back.Special Features:
- Very DisappointedDanielDanceDined on 7/1/2014On a friend's recommendation, I took my date here expecting a nice romantic dinner in a French wine bistro themed restaurant. Boy was I disappointed. I generally eat out at least 2 times per week and try to hit all the local restaurant spots and this place definitely ranks as one of the worst. Service in general was lacking at best. The server reminded me of someone you would get at a local burger joint and had little knowledge of the menu or wine list. Dirty dishes not removed. Disgusting interior. No tablecloths and dirty and sticky tables. Very bad fly problem. Flies landing on our food. Had to wait forever for new drinks. Food was really good including presentation, but everything else gave it an F rating!
- Becoming a RegularMediaFoodieDined on 6/29/2014Went to Sunday brunch and enjoyed it so much that we went back the following Sunday. Cold cucumber soup, steak & eggs--so good. Had dinner there several times, and food was also wonderful. Go for the mussels & get extra bread for dipping. They sell out quickly. Hanger steak & filet perfectly cooked. A seafood special I had was delicious also. Service is friendly and they know the menu. A great special occasion and walk in place, if you can get a table. Safer to call ahead.Special Features:
- Favorite Local Brunch SpotglofVIPDined on 6/22/2014Always great inexpensive wines on the list along with consistently good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EddieDined on 6/21/2014Food was great, served hot, service excellent, wine list small very manageable. Mussels outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A go-to must in MediaDoctorJVIPDined on 6/19/2014This place never disappoints. Period. From the personal service, staff that remembers who you are (Kem, the bartender) to the consistently excellent food, why go anywhere else in Media?Special Features:
- brunch La Belle EpoqueshannonoutDined on 6/1/2014The Le Mar Crepe is so good......service great.....Special Features:
- FantastiqueCHSBirthdayDined on 5/11/2014This was our third meal at La Belle Epoque, but first time for a special occasion - Mothers' Day. We had a great brunch and everyone raved about the food! Will definitely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We had a nice time for Mother's day. THe brunch menu was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuntzVIPDined on 5/6/2014Our second visit was as good as our first. Wonderful mussels to start, great lamb chops & sea bass, and tasty Nutella crepe for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comically BadTheTasterDined on 5/3/2014I cannot remember the last time I was so completely and utterly disappointed by a meal-- and the service. The cheese tray had bland cheeses ,and the pairings seemed senseless. There were even chocolate chips on the cheese tray, very odd. My caprese salad was served with tomatoes that looked reminiscence of Subway's quality. And, when our main meal was finally served, my dining partner found his dish to be inedible and bland. Our waitress didn't return for 20 minutes while we sat there with 1 fork and a god-awful meal. Meanwhile, there were SIX other servers in the empty dining room, not one of whom asked to help. Steer clear of this 'fine-eatery.'
- sunday lunchfoodiegirlDined on 4/27/2014Had reservations for lunch on a sunday. Found service good and prompt. Coffes were quick and tssty. The food however was dissapointing. Crepes were obviously over cooked, alittle drk brown all over. Others ordered omletes, they were ok. One order was with duck.. Was served in high pile of shredded duck atop omlet, while the portion was generous the taste was not great. I stumbled upon a disagreement between employee and boss about pay while visiting the ladies room. Was hard not to overhear when the discussion was right outside the restroom door. Was unfortunate and not professional. Next time I will avoid daytime and stick to nite dinners that I have found delicious and fun. Maybe evening chefs are better?Special Features:
- Best Brunch in MediaSuzieJeanneDined on 4/27/2014This is my go to spot for brunch in my hometown. It is an al a carte menu which i prefer for brunch. My friends love meeting me here. Try the omlettes or the french toast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uniformly first-ratemashermacDined on 4/19/2014This was our second time at this very good restaurant and it is now on our A list. The restaurant is small and a "little" tight so not a romantic hide-away, but not crowded or noisy. The decor is French kitchy with lots of Moulin Rouge posters and such. Restrooms are down a flight of steep stairs. The star is the food. Expertly prepared and presented, with very satisfying portion sizes. Share the mussels as an appetizer - you won't be sorry. Other apps were also first-class. Entrees: The bass and the chicken - fabulous- the crepes - nicely done - The boeuf bourguignon - a little bland. The wine list is good (not great) a little pedestrian/limited for a wine bistro. Overall: a very satisfying experience.Special Features:
- Decent food but slow serviceRoseVIPDined on 4/18/2014On arrival we did not get the table we requested but the alternative was fine if less scenic. Appetizers came promptly and we ordered a nice wine. However our entrees took forever. We finally asked and they said it was a computer glitch! Another friend also dining there had been given another excuse. Neither steak was special but the fish was excellent. They did give us an extra glass of wine on the house. We live nearby and have sensed that they are overwhelmed and probably understaffed. Too bad it is a nice location and setting but we won't go back soon.
- wonderfully improved serviceOpieDined on 4/5/2014Our waiter was wonderful--my last review reported a surly waitress, but this waiter was fabulous. The food, as always, was delicious--from crispy duck with yummy potatoes to a fabulous crepe with a refreshing salad and creme brulee that was mouth watering. This was a lovely evening for celebrating my friend's birthday.Special Features:
- Great Every TimeJBGrizzVIPDined on 4/5/2014I've been here multiple times: the food and service are always fantastic. I recommend stopping here for lunch or dinner any time you are in or near Media.Special Features:
- French gem in MediaBuntzVIPDined on 4/4/2014We don't dine in Media often, but that is about to change. Our meal at La Belle Epoque was very good, starting with some of the best mussels that I have ever eaten. I can see why they have won awards. I didn't waste a drop of the delicious broth, which was better than most soups. Our entrees, salmon in parchment and duck in a lovely raspberry sauce, were a treat to the palate. We finished with a light mixed berry crepe which left us thinking that we might try some of the many entree crepes on the menu. French restaurants are scarce in the 'burbs, so we were thrilled to find this gem. Parking was a bit of a challenge on a Friday night, but there is a lot nearby if you can't find a street spot. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a nice surprise!Jillbo0Dined on 3/29/2014We just tried this for the first time and loved it! I felt like I was back in Paris and the food was delicious. I love the fact that everything came out steaming hot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, So-So ServiceDelcoMomDined on 3/29/2014Good for a date night, although intimate tables are close to the door and chilly, despite curtain covering entrance. Food was good, although cheese plate did not need chocolate chips (as an appetizer?). Our server was not on the ball . . . after serving our dinner, took 5 minutes to bring missing fork, veggie side also came 5 minutes after main dish. Menu should state that main dishes include vegetable (so that we did not have to order separate sides). Server also did not seem well-versed re: recommending wine/food pairings (which is odd, given the restaurant is a wine bar). A nice dinner, but could have been better if the service kicked it up a notch.Special Features:
- Always a treat.LindaBDined on 3/22/2014It's always a treat to go to a restaurant that prepares food the correct way. La Belle Epoque knows how to make a real crepe and they are delicious.Special Features:
- Two words - GET THERECode369VIPDined on 3/21/2014This place caught me and my wife by surprise, it is without a doubt one of the best places I have ever had a meal. Wes, our server was fantastic, and everything from the drinks to the food was incredible. Check this place out and you wont regret it. Outstanding. Will return often.Special Features:
- Authentic, well-prepared cuisine.FnmexDined on 3/19/2014Authentic, well-prepared cuisine. Small, intimate, good value. Friendly, attentive service. Wine by glass a bit pricey for size served. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.