La Bella Vita
4475 Northpark Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80907Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Bella Vita
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://labellavitaristorante.net/
- Phone: 7192604730x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday, Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giuliano Casulli
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: La Bella Vita offers anything to customer either from our menu or customized dishes based upon customer's request.
- Private Party Facilities:
La Bella Vita offers 2 private dining rooms. Our bar room has a capacity of 24 seats. Our Venetian room has a capacity of 60 seats with a selection of wonderful different set menu options for lunch and dinner, that includes soup or salad and dessert.
- Private Party Contact: Eric Koehler 7192604730x
A word from La Bella Vita
This restaurant is owned by a native Italian Chef Giuliano Casulli from Bari and offers Colorado Springs a true mix of Northern and Southern Italian cuisine on La Bella Vita’s menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
La Bella Vita - Best Restaurants in Colorado Springs ›
La Bella Vita reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (17)neighborhood gem (17)romantic (16)notable wine list (13)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (9)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- WorphVIPDined on 9/13/2014Food exceeded my expectations. Gnocchi was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian FoodDBFinCOSDined on 9/6/2014This local restaurant was fantastic! Every item we tried from the Shrimp and Mushroom Appetizer to the Veal Piccata were out of this world! The owner's Tuscan heritage shines through. It took us a half an hour just to decide what to order--there were so many delicious sounding options. The service was professional, yet friendly and caring. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for an excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014The chicken piccata and beef tenderloin genovese were superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightAshleeDined on 8/16/2014Excellent for Date Night! It was quiet but still able to have a private conversation without other people listening. It was a pretty romantic place. The lights weren't dimmed but it was soft and the tables are spaced far apart so you can have some privacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much better than outside appearanceSpenceDined on 8/16/2014What a pleasant surprise. From the outside, it looks just kind of blah, but once inside, the decor and service make you forget about external appearances. Food is terrific, service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Celebrationlooking4foodDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I went to dinner for her birthday. We were shown promptly to our table and the staff were nice throughout. The server was knowledgeable about the specials, the wines and menu items, so he was able to offer recommendations based on our preferences. I was given the opportunity to taste two different wines to better allow me to choose between them. The low noise level allowed us to carry a conversation, without trying to compete with nearby tables. The decor of the restaurant is simple, not overwhelming. We will be going back for future special occasions.Special Features:
- great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Went on a date with my boyfriend here and the service was wonderful and the food was delicious. Great sea food and the steak was cooked perfectly. I enjoyed everything immensely!Special Features:
- ReviewItalianCriticDined on 8/2/2014Food was bland; believe food is higher quality at Olive Garden (so I was disappointed). Since Antonio's closed (when the owner married and moved to Denver), been searching for fine Italian food. Understood this establishment opened two years ago...in Antonio's old building....and give it a try. It was ok then....and now ...two years later...bland. Tortellini (simply cheese filled, not meat) was rubbery and the veal was shocking to look. I may give it one more try….in a few months…but then that’s it. My family side is Sicilian, so……not what I’m accustomed to.
- Second Visit Even BetterMaximillian00VIPDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I came here for the second time and the for was fantastic. Very personable service as well. The owner has begun making his own limoncello and it tasted great. We will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Bella VitaBaxterRooDined on 7/18/2014Fantastic food in a unusual location. We had a wonderful dinner and will return many times. Don't let the street view stop you from going in. I great restaurant.Special Features:
- A "hidden" gem.CSdinerDined on 7/10/2014We recently dined for the second time there-this time at lunch. All 3 dishes we ordered, plus the wine recommended by Eric for each one were fantastic. It's a quiet, refined place, great for conversation with excellent food. Don't come here for a quick in an out meal, come to enjoy good food, wine and the company of your friends and family. Prices are very fair, but not extremely cheap. The location is very convenient, but not easy to see. I believe they would serve themselves well if they could somehow give concise directions in all their advertising and perhaps a sign hear the entrance that additional parking and and another entrance are just around back.Special Features:
- Overchargedkim26Dined on 6/15/2014We dined at La Bella Cita on Father's Day 2014. I should have taken the reviews that I read seriously because they were accurate. My children are generally on their best behavior when in a public establishment, but if they even spoke at this location it sounded as though they were unruly. The atmosphere is far too quite. So quite you can hear the table next to you talking. We had a party of 6 and I would not even speak to the other end of the table out of fear of being too loud. The other diners would glare at me if my children even spoke. When I got home I discovered I was overcharged. My children's food cost a small fortune due to the overcharging. Food prices are a bit pricy to not get a sale in the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Father's Day MenuCSClassicalDined on 6/15/2014Had a wonderful Father's Day dinner at La Bella Vita on 6/15/14! In addition to the usual menu items, Chef Giuliano offered Father's Day specials for every category from Appetizer to Dessert. Would that we could have tried them all! Our dinner exceeded all our expectations and was a wonderful cap to a great day.Special Features:
- A delightful evening.ChuckieDined on 6/7/2014It was easy to make a reservation on line, and the conformation assured us you'd received it. The staff couldn't have been nicer. As we arrived they gave congratulations to the couple with us celebrating their 50+ wedding anniversary and brought champagne to them. They honored my request for the nicest table they had because it was a special celebration and gave us an booth that was extra private. We're telling friends about this restaurant because we don't think many people know about it. The food is terrific, and it's much easier to make a reservation at peak times here than at other restaurants around the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian food like back hometdjdfamilyDined on 6/4/2014Vacationing in Colorado Springs and found La Bella Vita on Urbanspoon. Family wanted a meal from a local establishment instead of the chain restaurants. The service and food was excellent. I had the trout which was very good. My wife had the chicken parmigiana and she was also very pleased. The costs was reasonable as I don't mind paying for a meal and service that was provided to us. Location might not be desirable but you have try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This One's a "Keeper"CSClassicalDined on 6/1/2014It's hard for me to count the number of times I've dined here. Regardless, La Bella Vita is--for me--a "keeper"! The dining is the highest quality and Chef Giuliano continues to surprise with his native Italian take on both regular menu items and specials, often coming up with dishes that some wouldn't even consider for an Italian restaurant. IMHO, this is the BEST Italian restaurant in Colorado Springs, and maybe the be best between Denver and the New Mexico state line. Who else would serve a scoop of spumoni in a martini glass with a touch of Amaretto and a shot of espresso, with a ring of whipped cream. If you haven't discovered this restaurant yet, you owe it to yourself to try it; you'll become a regular, without a doubt!Special Features:
- The following 96 reviews are from the La Bella Vita reviews archive.
- Great Mother's Day lunchDavidRDined on 5/11/2014Had an excellent meal. Great food, great staff. The ravlioli special with crab meat sauce and cheese filling was excellent, as was the antipasto appetizer plate. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Lunch!LoveToEat62Dined on 5/11/2014The food was very good. We were very happy and will go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful ItalianFoodieDined on 5/9/2014We are regulars. Food is always exceptional, always prepared fresh. Don't overlook the specials, particularly the veal and seafood.Special Features:
- A Colorado Springs Jewel!CSClassicalDined on 4/25/2014La Bella Vita has only been around for a little over 2 years, if my memory serves, but my wife and I keep coming back time and again because of the quality of the food, the imagination of the Chef/Owner (Giuliano), and the service overseen by the General Manager, Eric. Yes, everything's a la carte pricing and it's not a "chain" Italian restaurant, but (especially the latter) argues in its favor because the Chef has the ability to add new dishes at will without having to go though a Corporate superstructure to put new, authentically Italian dishes on the menu, whether as permanent additions or specials. Don't wait! Reserve today! They're also open for lunch, with an Italian brunch on Sundays. Open Tues thru Sun for both lunch & dinner.Special Features:
- A Great Evening Out!ILuvGreatFoodDined on 4/18/2014Two friends and I met for dinner at La Bella Vita. I'd been there before for lunch, but it was my friends' first time. We went on my recommendation, and as before, had a great meal. The calamari was amazing, the wines we ordered outstanding, and our main dishes were incredible. I had a special (lamb -- amazing!), one friend had the salmon, the other a pasta dish. We were in heaven all evening. The staff is attentive, polite, and knowledgeable. And the dessert!! Ambrosia. This establishment deserves to be much busier than it was that evening! Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy Good Italian FoodEastCoastItalianDined on 4/11/2014In town for just 2 days. Read the reviews, both good and bad and gave La Bella Vita a try. We were completely satisfied with the choice. I rarely eat from the menu without making some modifications. The waite staff was skeptical but checked with the kitchen and came back with "No Problem". The service was attentive but not intrusive. The food was far better than expected for the price. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience and would definitely visit again on our next stay in Colorado Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this placeTheVogDined on 4/4/2014This is probably our 5th trip to La Bella Vita. This time I tried the Tortellini with prosciutto and it was fabulous. My wife had the eggplant parmigiana. The food every trip has been excellent! The service is very friendly and attentive. I wholeheartedly recommend this restaurant to anyone close to Colorado SpringsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for GroupsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2014The food was wonderful - fresh, authentic, tasty! We wanted to play cards in the morning with coffee, then do lunch and play more in the afternoon...they set us up beautifully!!!! They have a small group room and then a bigger group room as well. Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Authentic Italian FoodTCroattDined on 3/8/2014We had a lovely experience. The food was delicious - probably the best Italian food I've had here in the Springs. (It's really hard to find decent Italian here!!) We started with the Burratta (YUM!!), a Caprese salad, and some fried calamari. I had the fettuccine with vodka sauce and shrimp, and my husband had a lovely risotto with shrimp. The others in our party also immensely enjoyed their meals. We finished with the profiteroles, which were lovely, though I found the filling to be a bit strange and non-traditional, and a tiramisu, which was excellent. I was really impressed with the quality of the entrees and how they came out piping hot! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Enjoyable Evening OutOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/22/2014Dinner with good friends was made better by the freshly prepared entrees and attentive service. My wife and I have enjoyed several fine meals at both luncheon and dinner for over three years at La Bella Vita. We will continue to frequent this fine restaurant in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a nice Valentine dinnerVDayDinerDined on 2/15/2014Had a nice Valentine dinner there with my wife. The food was very good and the staff was attentive. Nice experience.Special Features:
- Inside is what counts...SteveDined on 2/15/2014From the outside, La Bella Vita doesn’t look like much, but the food, service, and wine were excellent. We will definitely return, but probably not with our young child. The atmosphere was nice and generally quiet, which is not great for our young child. The menu and wine list were a little pricey, but I felt I got my money’s worth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Dinner, Little Priceybro21Dined on 2/14/2014La Bella Vita was recommended from a few different restaurant review websites, so I tried it out with high expectations. The food was good but not mind blowing, but I guess I was a bit disappointing because it came so hyped up as an authentic and very good Italian food place. It is definitely not a bad place to eat, the staff is friendly, the ambiance is good, but for what it was, it was a bit over priced for my tastes. (It should be noted that I'm a bit picky when the price hits over $25 dollars a plate)Special Features:
- Disappointedlove2shopDined on 2/14/2014Not at all "romantic" as noted in other reviews. Service extremely slow - to be expected when at least 12 other couples had 7:00 pm reservations on Valentine's Day. Lacking ambiance for romantic dinner; seated at a makeshift table in the bar. Service very slow. The bread basket was empty for 15 minutes before offer to refill; waited at least that long for our salad. Special Valentines Day menu; Rollatine di Pollo was good, Seafood Cannelloni was lacking chunks of seafood. I'm chalking it up to the fact it was Valentine's Day but still not certain we will try it again.
- Mixed feelings...IzzyDined on 2/14/2014We picked this place for Valentine's. The food wasn't bad at all, drinks were very good & service was prompt...almost too prompt... We felt a bit rushed, we were actually in & out in 45 minutes! What we had hoped for was some time to relax but we felt like they wanted us out of there. Maybe because of the holiday? Not sure but maybe we'll go back another night & see...then again maybe not since there are so many other restaurants that are more relaxed. Only time will tell!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellencespider4360Dined on 2/14/2014The food, while maybe a little bit over priced for the portion size, was excellent. The staff was very attentive and knowledgeable about which wines went with the dishes. All in all, I would definitely recommend La Bella Vita for special occasions such as anniversaries or Valentines dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice Valentine mealjimmyDined on 2/14/2014The meal was very nice. Just right proportions. Everything was nice and hot and very good. The waiter was very nice and the restaurant was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall the food was excellent.PaulDined on 2/14/2014Overall the food was excellent. The appetizer, soup and salad were served so quickly we thought they were trying to rush our dinner. Then we ended up waiting 30 minutes for the entrée. We actually thought our server forgot to put our order in and were ready to ask for the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomebamaboyDined on 2/13/2014Our experience was really good, we'll defiantly go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceTheVogDined on 2/13/2014We have been to this place 4 or 5 times. We booked a reservation on Valentine's Day, at least we thought. My wife mistakenly made the reservation for the 13th, yet when they could not find the reservation in their system (we realized the next day) they handled it with diplomacy and tact and found us a table in a few minutes even though virtually every table was taken and they had previously returned away couples without a reservation. The food is always fantastic and the serve is solid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious !!SusanDined on 2/13/2014So I decided to take my mom here for Valentines day but was a little hesitant. You see we are Italian and my Mom being born in Italy I thought for sure she would have something to say negative, but we went due to the other fantastic reviews and boy was I glad we did.!! She loved it as did I. The food was fantastic, the service impeccable. The owner/chef even took time out from the kitchen and came out to speak to my mom, in Italian of course. We will definitely be going back. Don't let the little hole in the wall location deter you from trying this wonderful restaurant out, you won't be disappointed. The food is delicioso!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No real downsides. DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014No real downsides. Dinner for two with a bottle of inexpensive Citra Montepulciano d'Abrusso ($5 to $7 retail, $24 at restaurant) including a split appetizer of bruschetta, two entries (pasta/risotto) and a split dessert ran 85 dollars without tip. This wine almost always is nice and good to find on a list, though I think a 4X markup a bit excessive. Food always is good and I can hear in this restaurant. I would like to see it stay open. They once had a before 6 pm light dinner menu that was a good deal, but that is no longer available, I am sad to report, as I was much more than full with the above dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at La Bella VitaThomasDined on 2/1/2014Everything was great except for the delays between courses. If they can keep the service flowing smoothly it would be a top notch place. They also need to make sure if they are going to list vintages on the wine list, they need to match the wine served. Mine was an 08 when I ordered an 07.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not goodAndyWVIPDined on 1/26/2014Not sure where the "good" reviewers ate at - La Bella Vita, there is little bella at the La Bella Vita. The food is mediocre at best, the specials are overpriced for the poor quality. Avoid if possible.