La Bella Managua
872 Bloor Street West
Toronto, ON M6G 1M5Neighborhood:
South AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
La Bella Managua
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.labellamanagua.com/
- Phone: 4169134227
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm, Wednesday - Thursday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Latin American, South American
- Executive Chef: Jesus Morales
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from La Bella Managua
Chef Jesus Morales is committed to providing Toronto with true Nicaraguan cuisine. Menu items are focused on traditional everyday meals one would be served in Nicaragua, favorite’s including: Ceviche, Fresh Fish, Carne Asada, and of course Plantains. Come in and see for yourself what all the excitement is about.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Bella Managua reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (6)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (2)good for groups (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- A Cultural Dining ExperiencefoodieDined on 7/29/2014We had a wonderful dining experience at La Bella Managua. My daughter said the food reminded her of her trip to Ecuador. The plantain was just how it was made in Ecuador and tasted as good. The food is different from the chained restaurants which is loaded with spices and salt. The chef put just enough spice to bring out the natural flavours of the ingredients. We tasted the sweetness of the plantain and sweet potato in the soup with the beef. We loved the bean and rice we asked to substitute the white rice that came with the fish of the day. We were too full for dessert and would definitely try some next time. We are looking forward to our next meal at La Bella Managua soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not disappointSalimaDined on 7/4/2014After a half an hour of back and forth, a friend suggests La Bella Managua - a restaurant that had been recommended to him by a co-worker. It was said to be really good and authentic food. And it was. When we arrived, it didn't appear that the experience was going to be all that great. The restaurant was not very busy, and looked maybe at first glance a bit drabby. BUT our server was great, made some great recommendations and we had Great meal. Make sure you try the cerviche and the green fried plantainsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll definitely be back!RCinEastYorkDined on 6/28/2014The space needs some TLC (flaking paint, crumbling plaster) but the food is amazing.Special Features:
- Great Food, Huge Portions!!!!bearDined on 6/26/2014The décor is deceptive, at first glance you might pass this gem up, but after you get over the dingy appearance, the service and food more than make up for it. Every dish, I and my friend ordered was tasty and seasoned well and the portion size was phenomenal for the outrageously low pricing. I had never eaten Nicaraguan Food, but am recommending it and will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the trek to Bloor/OssingtonrwevesDined on 6/20/2014Food was great. Service was a bit uneven but well intentioned. All of our food came at the same time so I recommend ordering in stages. Very friendly, easy going environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningwarrenDined on 5/14/2014The quality of the food and the portions were both excellent. I hadn't had Nicaraguan food before. The chicken dish and shrimp dishes were both terrific.....flavourful ...seemed very fresh and home- cooked. It's a simple place. No pretenses. The service was particularly attentive and friendly. I would certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 9 reviews are from the La Bella Managua reviews archive.
- Damn good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/4/2014Don't remember if there was any music and the decorations are very, shall we say "tacky". That being said, hawt damn son! The food is OFF THE HOOK. Very reasonably priced too for the portion size and quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findSKTODined on 3/8/2014Very happy to have stumbled across La Bella Managua. A great Toronto find - might be one of the best bang for your bucks restaurants in the city. Food is great and the owner, Jesus, is extremely hospitable. Definitely returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A reservation requires a tableDragonFoodiesDined on 2/8/2014When you reserve a table you expect that a table will be ready when you arrive. This restaurant had no table reserved and wanted to plunk us in front of the door. Not a great spot in the middle of the winter. From their reaction when we said we had a reservation it was clear they did not check their open table system. Not impressed
- The fish of the day is a must.BarbDined on 9/8/2013The fish of the day is a must. Fried whole red snapper comes with avocado salad, plantain and rice. We also ordered the fried calamari, it was lightly batter and tender. The mix ceviche comes with plantain chips. I wish they start selling the plantain chips in a bag.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently delicious...HappyFeet75xDined on 8/30/2013One of Toronto's top Latin restaurants. Great food, great value, very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When you need something simpleTimWVIPDined on 8/8/2013Not fancy, but good solid food. Very natural. My wife had their chicken, and that was definitely the highlight there. You can taste the charcoal grilled goodness in there. My bisteck steak was ok, but for those that don't like tendons, move on to the Carne Asada. The size of the mains were enough to fill us, we didn't need more as they came with rice and a side salad as well. We'd come back if we were looking for something simple and affordable. It's not the fanciest. It'd be better if they had a more extensive bar menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/17/2013Ambiance isn't great, decor leaves something to be desired, but if you want authentic Nicaraguan cuisine this is a good place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and Friendly, with great food!TOdiner360VIPDined on 4/10/2013I'm always hesitant to tell people about places like this, for fear that word will get out and I'll no longer be able to get a table whenever I want one. The food and service here is always great, the plantains are delicious, and the fish was great too. As a bonus, there's a great bakery around the way that makes ice cream sandwiches, so save a little room if you can!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service was fantastic.brtnDined on 12/9/2012The food and service was fantastic. The restaurant itself needs a facelift.Special Features: