La Becasse MI
9001 S Dunns Farm Rd
Maple City, MI 49664Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
La Becasse MI
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurantlabecasse.com/
- Phone: 2313343944x
- Hours of Operation:
September & October: Tuesday - Sunday
November - April: Wednesday - Saturday
May: Tuesday - Saturday
June: Tuesday - Sunday
Open daily during the week between Christmas and New Year's Eve.
Daily July & August
Service from 5:30 - 9:15
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Guillaume Hazael-Massieux
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Our dining room is a lovely backdrop for small wedding receptions or rehearsal dinners, family celebrations and business events. The entire dining room may be reserved for larger groups.
A word from La Becasse MI
La Becasse is located in Burdickville, which is near Glen Arbor in Leelanau County. We serve authentic French country fare in an intimate setting which truly evokes the French countryside. This is soul-satisfying food. We have an award winning wine list, which is heavy on French wines, and features many Michigan wines as well as great picks from around the wine-world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
La Becasse MI - Best Restaurants in Maple City ›
La Becasse MI reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (76)fit for foodies (71)notable wine list (56)romantic (52)neighborhood gem (44)great for outdoor dining (13)good for groups (10)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great total experiencehappyeaterDined on 10/4/2014It was the whole package - from the moment we walked in the door until we left. We were celebrating my husband's 80th birthday and they treated him like a king. La Becasse is simple and small with a warm cozy feeling - the food and wine are wonderful. We made a special journey here on a recommendation and it was worth the trip.Special Features:
- Outstanding Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2014Great food and service. This restaurant is right up there food wise with some of the best restaurants in Detroit. We just randomly selected it off the Open Table App (not being from the area) and were absolutely blown away with the cooking! I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- special occasionPattyDined on 9/30/2014small restaurant with very intimate feeling. We generally go here for special occasions, as it's quite pricey. Everyone else in the place seemed to be celebrating something too, and the atmosphere was festive with everyone singing Happy Birthday to everyone else!Special Features:
- First La Becasse Dining ExperienceLongtimeUpNorthFanDined on 9/27/2014The subdued French cottage atmosphere was very conducive to conversation and dining. The food was quite good, although I'm beginning to believe that entrees are somewhat superfluous. Enjoyed the beet salad and the cheeses appetizer more than the grass-fed ribeye, but I usually don't eat grass-fed beef. And our server did provide me with a mini-tutorial on the taste and texture of grass-fed when I ordered. The spirits available should be expanded to include a greater variety of rye whiskies. Definitely will return.Special Features:
- Excellent, as alwaysDoerrwayDined on 9/18/2014Dixie and I return to La Bécasse every year for our "farewell to summer and up north" dinner. It has never disappointed. We enjoy the great menu, the exceptional wine list-including a selection of local wines. Service is never rushed, always exquisite, and we always have an excellent experience. We would recommend it highly.Special Features:
- French country house restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Location on a quiet road by a lake, simple country ambiance inside, solid French menu with local flair, excellent wine list, and friendly engaging service all made for a very nice meal for two!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/13/2014What else can I say. If you love French food made with delicious local Michigan ingredients, eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimerfirsttimersDined on 9/13/2014We have made several trips, from Ohio, to the Glen Arbor area and this was our first visit to La Becasse. The food was excellent!!! We left satisfied but not stuffed. Wine selections were great and the desserts were a great finish to our meals. We will make La Becasse a regular stop in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a true French dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014I was hoping for more French cuisine. Rack of lamb excellent but veal needed to have richer flavor. Was hoping to have cassoulet but not on menu yet although advertised on website. Would not receive a Michelin star from us!
- unexpected gemCoreen353Dined on 9/6/2014In the middle of nowhere is this unexpected gem of a restaurant. Quaint French cottage serving outstanding food. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Un pretentious French FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Very very good Rack of Lamb as god as I have ever hadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming place, wonderful foodLillyjoDined on 9/2/2014Shared the pate, and had duck and veal for dinner with blueberry cobbler for dessert. We sat outside on a lovely summer night and had a great time. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!CathyDined on 9/2/2014A friend and I recently had dinner at La Becasse and thoroughly enjoyed our visit there! Our wait person was extremely personable and helpful throughout the entire meal-he certainly added to our experience! The food was presented beautifully and everything was delicious-I had the whitefish and it almost melted in my mouth! We were never hurried and never ignored! We would strongly recommend dining at La Becasse. Our only regret was that it was a beautiful evening and we would have enjoyed eating out on their patio. The host mentioned that one has to request outdoor seating when setting up a reservation. However, there is no choice when you are setting up the reservation online. This should be added as a choice for online booking.Special Features:
- La BecasseRossenbDined on 8/30/2014Extraordinary food and service . Outdoor dining felt like being in Italy. Pricey but worth every dimeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointeddisappointedDined on 8/28/2014while the salads and desserts were very nice the main dishes were diaappointmentsSpecial Features:
- Consistently GoodJimRVIPDined on 8/26/2014One of our area favorites. You can always count on a very good meal. Entrees are getting pricey, but we'll still come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Wonderful gourmet special occasion establishment! Has been consistently superb for many years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/21/2014My husband and I had our first date here. We got engaged here. Recently we dined to reminisce about our romance. The food is ALWAYS amazing. This time I had the beef tenderloin and my husband had the duck. Both were cooked perfectly and deliciously. I don't like duck usually but I loved theirs! The dessert chocolate cake is my favorite in the world and I have been craving everyday since. Our waitress was also very knowledgeable about the food and pairing it with particular wines. This is our favorite place; I wish we could dine there regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Spot On!kepviolinVIPDined on 8/21/2014I have seen this restaurant change for over 20 years and was never disappointed! The food always is expertly prepared. My 83 year old mother commented that her rack of lamb was the very best she has ever tasted! Most people her age do not have all their taste buds so I took a taste and she was so right! I do not care for lamb because it is sometimes "gamey" and this lamb was oh-so-good. I always order fish because it is something I do not like to make myself. The baramundi was so delicious and so fresh tasting. No fishy taste here! Thank you Chef Guillaume for your wonderfully prepared food. Why not five stars? Our waitress was NOT attentive. She was too busy laughing and serving her friends at another table.Special Features:
- Charming as alwaysbarefaxDined on 8/15/2014Le Becasse is an annual treat for my wife and I. We happened to run into the end of a wedding party so the rather small restaurant was consumed with the "large group" dynamic. Once they left the restaurant was slammed with dinners and our service and timing of our courses suffered. Food was wonderful as usual and we enjoyed the outing - just had to talk a bit llouder to each other than we're used to. All in all it was a nice night and we'll be back for more another day.Special Features:
- Consistent ExcellenceDHofGlenArborDined on 8/11/2014Food and service at this authentic French country inn restaurant is always outstanding, from appetizers through desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- true French cuisineFrenchWOWDined on 8/11/2014great service, outstanding wine list, and really delivered on food quality! great representation of French country food, with everything well seasoned and cooked perfectly. Foie Gras was outstanding, pork belly was perfect, fish cooked perfectly, and the beef as well as the lamb were cooked to temp. SPOT on, all the way around. we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely mealfingerguruDined on 8/11/2014We live in Europe and travel to Michigan each year in the summertime. We try to make a visit to La Becasse an annual occurrence. Our most recent visit was quite satisfying. I had the scallops as an appetizer--delicious. My wife enjoyed her main course very much: Whitefish. The wine list is ample, and I had a local Pinot Grigio with the scallops and a fabulous Bordeaux with my veal. The warm chocolate cake for dessert was divine. Oh, and don't miss the house salad--simple, but beautifully balanced. The preparation of the food is generally extremely good. The ambience is just OK, and given that fact, the prices seem to us to be a bit on the high side.Special Features:
- Coz7Dined on 8/10/2014This was my second time visiting. The first time I had their lamb , which was fabulous This time I had the duck and that was as wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Veal ChoptilewizardDined on 8/9/2014Returned for the 6th time this summer and was again very impressed by the way a little place like this can turn out such an amazing product. I ordered the Veal chop and it was locally sourced and absolutely incredible others in our group had the same along with the Lamb and filet everything was perfect. Had a cucumber salad that was incredible also wish I knew how they did it. My favorite restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!PolyanaDined on 8/9/2014Everything about our experience here was wonderful. The food was great, the service was unbelievable - they had filled water, delivered bread, etc. all without even being noticed. As our group was talking they just slipped in and out making sure we never ran out of anything. My husband spilled something on his shirt and almost immediately a staff member (who wasn't even serving our table) appeared with soda water.Special Features:
- Great French Country DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/8/2014For many years this has been the finest country French dining in the area. Comfortable, yet great ambience, expert preparation and presentation and a very cordial Chef/owner!Special Features:
- CiderDined on 8/7/2014There was little ambience and very warm in restaurant. Food was acceptable but very pricey.They did have an excellent wine menu.
- Loved every minute! THE BEST!SkettiDined on 8/7/2014We had excellent service, excellent food, and the pace was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sandileeDined on 8/5/2014Generally, the restaurant has always offered an excellent dining experience in the Glen Arbor, Michigan area. During this past visit though, my wife ordered the Barramundi and it was not fully cooked. The waitress returned it to the kitchen staff who confirmed the problem. Unfortunately, the waitress didn't offer to take my whitefish back to keep it warm while my wife's dish was completed.Special Features:
- CLJMDined on 8/1/2014La Becasse was wonderful. We were celebrating two special occasions so it was perfect and special in every way. We had two real Parisians with us and they were thrilled with the menu and the wine as well. I would highly recommend this restaurant and plan to return.Special Features:
- SuzyDined on 7/28/2014Lovely menu...food prepared in French style....nice size portions...beautiful presentationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience!WendyDined on 7/26/2014Food was memorable! Server was delightful and informative. Don't miss dessert! Warm chocolate cake was the best. I have been to La bacasse many times in the summer and have never been dissappointed. But please make the dining room cooler.Special Features:
- Solid menu, wine list.LPDinesDined on 7/25/2014Authentic French-country dining experience with a smaller, tasteful food menu and a fantastic wine list. Pluses were that we weren't overwhelmed by the size of the menu (something we find obnoxious/unnecessary), the server was knowledgeable but not pretentious and the crowd was an eclectic mix of lower-key folks-- making for a very comfortable atmosphere. Minuses were that it was a bit stuffy and there were some fruit flies, which could arguably be part of the "authentic" experience, but we could have done without. Overall, a lovely meal that left everyone at our table satisfied and relaxed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TSMOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014It was just great. Just like the three times over the last 25 years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningAttleboroFoodieDined on 7/23/2014We vacation in Glen Arbor and grown up night at La Becasse has become a yearly tradition. The food is fantastic and the service excellent. The wine list is very good too.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2014We had an excellent meal. The duck was spectacular and the chocolate lava cake was a special end to our meal. We will definitely be return customers.Special Features:
- Babycakes20VIPDined on 7/23/2014Great appetizer (cheese plate), bad entree (eggplant), best dessert in the world (blueberry lemon parfait). The bottle of champagne we ordered was warm as warm can be. So overall the experience was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but lacking in ambiancepeytonmoDined on 7/22/2014Had an enjoyable dinner here but found the place itself to be a little shabby. No real decoration on the walls, fruit flies were all over the food. The food, however, was delicious. Had the eggplant and and the whitefish, the plates were nicely presented as well. For dessert we had the lemon blueberry parfait and a the dessert special- a raspberry cake with a fancy french name that I cannot remember. Overall, I'd come back again. Just wish the place was a little nicer.Special Features:
- Sel de TerreOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/20/2014The chef demonstrates too much restraint. Seasoning esp. Salt is unduly lacking. You have to ask the waiter. 3 tables asked. In a word .... Bland.