La Bastide Bistro
10006 Scripps Ranch Blvd, #104
San Diego, CA 92131Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
La Bastide Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.labastidebistro.com/
- Phone: 8585770033x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 11:00am-9:00pm; Friday-Saturday 11:00am-10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Timothy Angel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please take a look at our website to see our special events. Wednesday Night Live Maine Lobster 1 and 1/4 lbs for $17.99 +tax + service
A word from La Bastide Bistro
La Bastide offers French-American cuisine with a contemporary flair. You will do a Tour de France enjoying such delicacies as our famous moules marinieres, salmon papillotes, coq au vin, duck confit, crème brulee, or crepes suzettes prepared by our well known chef de cuisine Barry Coalson. Enjoy a glass of wine or a cocktail at the bar. The atmosphere is very relaxing and casual, no dress code enforced.Continued
Silver Fork Award, Best French Restaurant SignonSanDiego, ....
Silver Fork Award, Best French Restaurant SignonSanDiego, ....
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Bastide Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)fit for foodies (13)special occasion (10)great for lunch (9)great for outdoor dining (5)notable wine list (5)romantic (5)great for brunch (4)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- A gemCardinalfanDined on 8/15/2014This neighborhood find never disappoints. Great food, varied menu, attentive staff and martinis are awesome. Relatively small in size, makes it the perfect atmosphere for romance, good friends, family meals, or small group business meals. Love this place!Special Features:
- Excellent Food Quiet NeighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014Found La Bastide doing a quick search for upper scale fare for a special occasion. I am extremely pleased I found this and so was the rest of our large party! The food was amazing across the board. Food took a little longer to come out, but well worth the wait. Highly recommend this to others and I will be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the VIsitSanDiegoDinerDined on 8/4/2014Restaurants come and go but La Bastide is a restaurant that deserves a high and consistent level of patronage. We have dined at La Bastide three times now a Lunch and twice at dinner all on different days and all consistently well done. There are so many great places in SD County that we try to move around, however, we have our top five that will we try to patronize routinely, La Bastide is among them for their fresh, consistent, well prepared and presented meals.Special Features:
- lovely neighborhood restaurantMsSpoonDined on 7/18/2014Surprised to enjoy such deliciousness in a shopping mall! Our dinners were well prepared, beautifully plated, and graciously presented. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friesen FillyFriesen87FillyDined on 7/14/2014I dine often at La Bastide and usually enjoy the food very much. However, last Monday the mixed green salad had many spoiled pieces of lettuce in it. Picking around to find a leaf good enough to eat (and there weren't many!) diminished my dining pleasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceRonbertDined on 7/12/2014I knew nothing about the place so it was a stab in the dark. Our dinner was a wonderful experience - the ambiance, the food, and the service were all great. Now I'm going to take three other friends there for a special lunch in August.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014Visited for a dinner on a Sunday night. Asked for extra bread and was told they had just put bread in the oven (seems like they would have that already set up). For desert asked for a coffee and was told they were just brewing (again seems they would have that already set up) Wasn't crowded so hard to believe they would have had a run on bread and coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine French FoodshoppermamaDined on 5/27/2014Dinner before a play downtown so we were early. Sat outside on patio but the parking lot noise made it distracting. We shared the Warm Goat Cheese Crouton which was very good and just enough for two to share. I ordered the Coq Au Vin which was good but not great. My dining companion ordered Seared Scallops and she said they were excellent. We didn't order wine but had cocktails instead. Our dining experience was great and I want to go back again when we aren't rushed. Our server did a great job getting us out in time to beat the rush hour traffic and arrive in time for our play. He was very attentive.Special Features:
- La Bastide, Scripps RanchJoyceVIPDined on 5/27/2014The Jidori chicken with bacon cream sauce is divine. Went with a group of four and we all were very happy with our lunch. After we paid our bill we sat and talked for about another hour and our waiter kept refilling our iced tea and was still very attentive. A lovely dining experience, definitely recommend and will be back.Special Features:
- Awesome Food!JulieDined on 5/24/2014Seriously amazing food. We ordered the Ahi and the Parisian Gnocchi -- both get an A+. Our server Jillian was also very helpful with recommendations. Such a great little find in the middle of a quiet neighborhood!Special Features:
- a charming french bistrogarfieldDined on 5/19/2014La bastide is a cosy french restaurant.the service is friendly,yet very professionel.the food is great.in my opinion as french as you can get in san diego.the menu is well balance and offer great selection.the wine list is fine but they should have a selection with more french wineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very rough around the edgesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014The food quality and creativity does not match the dishes' price points. Servers were extremely nice but inexperienced. I would not return to this restaurant.
- Great Mother's DayLucioDined on 5/11/2014A wonderful venue for Mother's day, service and food was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodie5Dined on 5/5/2014The food was delicious except the service we expected was not altogether there. While everybody else in our party received their food, we waited more than 15 minutes to receive ours. We dined on a Monday night and there were 3 other tables dining when we had dinner. It was not busy but it surprised us that we had to remind/ask our server for water constantly, and one of our dining guests had to fix his own table to keep it from wobbling. For dinner entrees priced above $20, we have had better quality service elsewhere.Special Features:
- The following 415 reviews are from the La Bastide Bistro reviews archive.
- Excellence in a strip mallOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2014La Bastide is a quiet little neighborhood restaurant tucked away in a grocery store strip mall in Scripps Ranch, but it's quality far surpasses it's location. The food was excellent, with vibrant and nuanced flavors in every dish we had - prawn appetizer, salad with goat cheese, ahi tuna over spicy butternut squash, and duck. The wine list was not too extensive or exciting, but it had some interesting selections. Luckily, we had brought our own Pinot Noir, which they opened fôr a reasonable corkage fee. Service was attentive and punctual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014I started with the Scallop appetizer which was cooked perfectly. The rack of lamb was terrific. I asked for medium rare and got medium rare. The spices were delicious. The mushroom purses tasted great. The service was attentive and helpful. I would recommend this place.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood GemlindafoodieDined on 3/14/2014We have been here many times and have never had a bad experience -- each time we try new entrees and are always pleasantly surprised by the new creations! Our dinner on Friday was excellent. The swordfish was amazingly tender and the lobster appetizer was a delicious treat! Keep up the great innovations! Service is attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood RestaurantCocobilliDined on 3/1/2014Great food. Good food selection.Good service and nice ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- casual dining with amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014We've been to La Bastide Bistro several times and food is always wonderful. It takes us over 30 minutes to drive there but it's always worth it. Top quality produce, meat, fish, and cheeses is the hands of an amazing chef and kitchen staff make this restaurant a must for foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visityumyumDined on 2/15/2014I've been wanting to try this place for a while. The location is a strip mall in Scripps Ranch but the interior has a nice ambiance. Though it was a little loud. Our server was a little more casual than the food/setting required but she did what she was supposed to do. The other staff seemed great. The food was wonderful and was timed perfectly. We had the rack of lamb, lobster gnocchi, bibb salad, and caesar salad. We both had delicious cockails. Overall a great place and I'll go there again for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great valentines day dinnerKrisDined on 2/14/2014great dinner, great ambience for a romantic Valentines dinner with my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing Special!Phantom37Dined on 2/1/2014Nothing special stands out... and really, that's the point. A dinning experience should be memorable. But there is nothing really memorable about our night out at La Bastide Bistro. The ambience was 'OK' , the service 'a bit lifeless', the food 'unspectacular', and the bill 'a bit pricy'. Sorry, but it is what it is... Check please!Special Features:
- Outstanding - worth a longOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/25/2014Outstanding - worth a long drive to. Really great restaurant week menu. Shrimp was particularly great, and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week successFrancophilesDined on 1/25/2014This was not the first time here for our group of 6 and we were happy to see that La Bastide was the only north county restaurant which included the middle Saturday in their two weeks of Restaurant Week. Nice number of choices for all three courses, generous portions, and attentive service. Everyone loved what they chose - from the moules, bibb salad with goat cheese, or shrimp over risotto appetizers, to the duck confit, petrale sole, salmon entrees (and three others that we didn't choose sounded great also, though an extra fee for the beef entrees). One of the desserts on the menu was not available but the tarte tatin and mousse au chocolat were excellent. Great price of $35. Very good wine list and knowledgeable sommelier. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Updated French without the AttitudesharonredbarronDined on 1/25/2014This place provides some great food along with a pleasant ambiance. Their food is French with a California twist, and the proportions were much larger than we expected. It was Restaurant Week, so we had the three courses. The appetizers, sauteed shrimp with vanilla risotto and salad with warm goat cheese crouton drizzled with honey, were delicious and large. My spouse went with the coq au vin, and he loved the sauce. His only negative comment was that it was served with pommes frites rather than mashers, which he felt would have paired with the sauce better. I ordered a steak with the most delicious butter melted over the top, & pommes frites. We ended with the chocolate mousse (creamy and rich) and the apple tart tatin. Yum!Special Features:
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/24/2014Food was not good at this place. Came here for restaurant week and very disappointed I paid 35 dollars for my meal. Very loud environment making it distracting and lights were too dim. Food took a long time to come out. Do not plan on coming here again.Special Features:
- Restaurant week diningwalkergurl13Dined on 1/24/2014Very busy week at this restaurant. Robust menu with many gluten free options which was greatly appreciated! Portions were generous and mussels best I have eaten in very long time. Salmon and sauce was superb. I will definitely order again. Staff busy, but very friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week GemThinkLoveDineWellDined on 1/22/2014I love the shrimp risotto appetizer and pommes frites! They remind of Provence. The apple crisp dessert, though I think they changed the recipe since the last time I dined there. The food is why I make a point to go there during Restaurant Week. Unfortunately, due to the service, or lack thereof, I will probably take this restaurant off my Restaurant Week rotation. I realize that we had a "late" reservation (8pm), but that does not excuse the waiter from only appearing at our table to take our order and drop off the check. We had to keep asking the bussers and kitchen staff (that delivered our meal) for additional silverware, more water, etc. There are a lot of restaurants out there with great food...and they may have better service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- traditional frenchhamfamDined on 1/22/2014the widest selection of a menu in restaurant week. Traditional dishes done well. No surprises.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WHAT A DELIGHT!lindafoodieDined on 1/21/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at LaBastide. The service was great and the food choices were some of the best offered during Restaurant Week. Great presentation and large portions. We have been to this restaurant many times and will continue to come back for their excellent cuisine.Special Features:
- La Bastide Does It AgainStorminNormanDined on 1/19/2014Seriously, we still have not been disappointed with La Bastide. We have been going there for years, have taken a lot of friends, and the food and the people are always good (actually, the food is always EXCELLENT and the people are good to excellent). Yes, you should try it out! Keep this neighborhood gem going strong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Service a Little "Off"KykyDined on 1/16/2014Sometimes you just happen to be "the table" where nothing goes quite right, and that was our table. It is nice to have an authentic French speaker at a restaurant specializing in that cuisine, but it did lead to some communication issues. The server forgot to order the salad with the meal, so the salad would be out late or after the entree...so I declined the salad but my wife did not but neither of us received a salad. No issue with the food...we both ordered a "surf and tur"f special that was prepared excellently and at a very reasonable price. The wine list was good if not great, but when the bill came there was no wine billed so we had to tell the server to add that to the bill. Overall, great food at a great price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!BrujoVIPDined on 1/16/2014Had an excellent lunch, fresh foods, tasty wine and, as always, the service from Velma was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/1/2014I love La Bastide Bistro and go there often. However, on this occasion, I was in for a big embarrassment and disappointment. I arrived WITH SIX GUESTS at the appointed time. The restaurant WAS NOT OPEN. If it was not going to be open on New Year's Day, it should not have taken the reservation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Dinner Was ServedDisappointedDined on 1/1/2014Made a reservation but the restaurant was close that day. Drove out to Scripps for the scenery I guess. Thanks guys. Happy New Year.
- Great way to spend New Years EveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2013This is a great neighborhood restaurant, and it was hoppin' New Years Eve. Chef Barry always makes great food, his potatoes au gratin are particularly notable. Velma, our server worked her magic, and Gigi, the owner is always working harder to make a good dining experience a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful New Years Eve DinnerJLoInSDDined on 12/31/2013We are semi-regulars to La Bastide, and wanted to introduce the restaurant to friends on New Years Eve. La Bastide did not disappoint, and everyone had a wonderful time with great food, service, wine selection and ambiance.Special Features:
- Secret find!FoodieDined on 12/19/2013This adorable restaurant is easy to miss in a Vons shopping center. Great, full wine list including several of my favorites, Stag's Leap and Justin. The service was exceptional. The food is delicious and cooked to perfection! Went with girlfriends for a girls night out. The staff was wonderfully attentive, without rushing us. Nice job!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving DinnerBandLDined on 11/28/2013The wife and I enjoyed one of the best Thanksgiving dinners we've ever had here! We will definitely be back. Great service and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Thanksgiving Meal To DateRotcjimDined on 11/28/2013My wife and I like to try different restaurants each year for Thanksgiving and to date this has been our absolute favorite. We prefer a sit down dinner rather than the buffet style and this was worth every cent. Well seasoned ample portions and attentive service. There was not one item that wasn't perfectly prepared and presented. Cute ambiance and no parking problem. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.