L2 Grill - Fantasyland Hotel
17700-87 Avenue - Entrance 51
Edmonton, AB T5T 4V4Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
L2 Grill - Fantasyland Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://fantasylandhotel.com/dine/l2-grill
- Phone: 7804445538x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm;
Lunch: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Sachin Joshi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Cross Street: 177St - 87Avenue
- Public Transit: West Edmonton Mall is a major hub for many local bus routes. In less than five minutes, guests using public transportation can walk through the mall to L2 Grill.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: L2 Grill, situated right inside West Edmonton Mall, offers plenty of free parking - look for Area 51
A word from L2 Grill - Fantasyland Hotel
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
L2 Grill - Fantasyland Hotel - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
L2 Grill - Fantasyland Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (15)great for brunch (11)fit for foodies (11)kid-friendly (6)good for groups (6)notable wine list (4)romantic (4)neighborhood gem (4)late-night find (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Service is ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014From the moment you walk in, they treat you like royalty. The tuna on a bed of noodles to start was yummy. The sorbet that followed was great as well as the warm bread with assorted butters. This is all included no matter what you order. The main course lamb for me and sirloin steak for my friend was very good although my lamb could have been cooked a little more Vegetables were crisp and tasty. We were too full for dessert but went for a brandy alexander which was very tasty They brought a tray of complimentary truffles to our table and each was very good All in all a great night!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Great place for sunday brunch. We brought our 2 daughters (4&5) and they had a nice time also. Food is excellent, buffet is clean. Will be going back for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerLuciteDined on 9/13/2014We came for our first wedding anniversary and it was great! The food was delicious and the service was great. Friendly and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SundaySilenceDined on 9/12/2014We were there for our anniversary. The food was good to go with exceptional service. However, the decor in the place needs to be spruced up. It looks like a dinner right out of the 70's. If you're looking for a romantic spot, this is not it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Overall, loved the brunch. Service was great and the dessert was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded ExpectationsBigBriDined on 8/31/2014A bit pricey, but the Sunday Brunch was very very well done; excellent wide variety of food; the service was outstanding. Our 2 servers (waiter & waitress) were readily available and very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday get togethernot2happyDined on 8/30/2014Staff went out of their way to set up table for 12 people for my wifes birthday. However forgot to bring my wifes drinks when we ordered. A couple had ordered the feast for two and it was very cold, they sent out a new steak for both of them which were blue rare. When it came time to pay they tried to charge me for 11 drinks when we only ordered four. Everyone elses bill checked out though. Don't think ill be back.Special Features:
- CarolynDined on 8/26/2014Had an enjoyable meal with friends while discussing business. The food was good and the atmosphere is great for those who like to have conversation while dining. I like the little extras that are part of the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ExcellentRDB1VIPDined on 8/7/2014This is just a gem. Everything about our dining experience was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic.CMEDMVIPDined on 7/20/2014Everything from the bread, the butter, the amuse bouche and the sorbet...to the sea bass and bison was amazing.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerdiningoutcoupleDined on 7/9/2014Out to have a special night out. L2 grill did not disappoint. atmosphere was good, service was excellent somewhat due to the fact we were 1 of 2 tables seated on a Wednesday night. The whole dinner experience was very good, with all of the little surprises along with our dinner. I had steak, my wife had the chicken dish. presentation was excellent and the quality of the food very good. tableside flambé crepe suzette for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, food needs workdoesntmatterDined on 7/5/2014We went on a Saturday night, so you would expect it to be busy, but there was hardly anyone there. The waiting staff were very good - attentive and pleasant, and right off the bat they brought us some complementary scallops, so they definitely try to treat the customer right. It has all of the elements of a really nice restaurant, but unfortunately they are not executing on the food. Ultimately, that's the whole reason for the restaurant so even with the good service I wouldn't be able to recommend them. I don't have enough characters left to go into very much detail, but basically I found the food plain, my fish was overcooked and my wife's chicken was something we could have made at home with not much effort. We expected more.
- Yummy!!honeymoonersDined on 6/29/2014L2 has one of the tastiest all you can eat brunch buffets we have found so far. From fresh omelets to order to sushi and salads and a varied dessert table. You will leave full and satisfied. We will definitely come back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/28/2014Booked for a small birthday dinner party, the guys looked at the menu and started to be concerned that the portion sizes would be inadequate.... all were pleasantly surprised with the great food quality and ample portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeansVIPDined on 6/17/2014Ask for Wallace and have him make you the Ceasar Salad in front of you, the best!!!Special Features:
- Not Sure!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014The food was very good, but the hot food was not hot or even warm. Service was excellent during our meal. Didn't realize there were so many booths which is always a bother with a brunch to move in and out. Felt a little rushed as apparently they had seatings at 9:30, 11:30 and 1:30. Our reservations were for 12:00 noon. We received a call two days before asking us to change our reservations to 11:30. We were unable to due to a prior commitment and the lady on the phone seemed quite disturbed that we couldn't. Nothing was said initially when the reservations were made and I did call days before leaving a message to confirm my reservations but my call was never returned.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014Didn't really care for the ambiance of this restaurant. The food was very good for some things, not very good for others. The pork belly was a disappointment. The sea bass was very good, but would of liked more of a sauce with it.Special Features:
- The following 257 reviews are from the L2 Grill - Fantasyland Hotel reviews archive.
- Wonderful dining experienceFamilyDinersDined on 5/31/2014The service was 2nd to none I wish I had gotten the name of our server I would Definitely give him a shout out. the meal was awesome and both myself and my children enjoyed the ambiance and experience. The Children were treated like true dinners and was felt there opinions counted We had a super experience and Will be back.Special Features:
- newfyDined on 5/25/2014there were 9 in attendance and we all enjoyed our meals greatly, kids meals were also fantastic, we will all certainly have repeat visitsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/23/2014Enjoyed the food again. Lovely display and I enjoy the little treats offered by the chef.Special Features:
- Excellent Sunday brunchprecioussilverDined on 5/18/2014We were blown away by the selection and quality of the food. It is reasonably priced for what is offered; my two children were free because they were under 5. There is something for everyone at L2. It is easily our favourite place to go for a brunch buffet.Special Features:
- O/S meal and servicepatconDined on 5/17/2014Wallace was a true professional server- so enjoyable. The meal was truly amazing. Enjoyed every morsel.Special Features:
- great service, good foodProarchangelDined on 5/17/2014Great service, best I ever had. Food is close to best I ever had but still very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentKazorraDined on 5/16/2014Great service, great did. Our second time dining there, and we will be returning for our next anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but expensiveLunch23Dined on 5/15/2014The food was good and everything but I did find that it was expensive and it would be good for a group of peopleSpecial Features:
- Delicious and FastYUMMYDined on 5/11/2014The service was great and the food came out quickly. Some issues with reservations, booked it online the day before but apparently the reservation got somehow cancelled and how to make another reservation and one of our orders was forgotten. But Overall, the dining experience at L2 was great!Special Features:
- Too pricey for what you getIheartfoodDined on 5/11/2014I went for Mother's Day Brunch. The food was pretty good for buffet but it was quite expensive at $42/person. I also ordered a sangria and it tasted like watered down juice. It wasn't a bad experience but definitely would pick something else next time.Special Features:
- First time at L2OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014We decided to try L2 for a birthday dinner. The food was excellent and we enjoyed our waiter who was very helpful. This is the first restaurant we have found that offers a wine my husband likes by the glass. (gewürztraminer) He enjoys this wine, while I prefer a dryer wine. We are sure to revisit. Thanks for a great night!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014great food and service .....................................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special evening outmadeourniteDined on 4/13/2014The restaurant it self looks to be a laid back atmosphere, very inviting. We were greeted with smiles almost immediately. We both decided on sitting in a booth thinking more private but it turns out that there wasn't very many seated for supper. we weren't there very long before hearing the group in the banquet room cheering and applauding this I felt was rather loud but bearable. service was great wine selection perfect, the staff went to extra lengths to give us a very nice evening. I would definitely recommend L2 if you are staying at the Mall or if you want to treat the special someone.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2014Love brunch with seafood offer like crab, shrimp and mussel. Dessert is yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great buffetKiwibirdDined on 3/16/2014Buffet was compact but well presented with a great selection. Dessert selection one of the nicest I've seen for a while.Dining area atmosphere was more down market and felt a bit like a high street family buffet free for all. Will need to try an evening there to see if it upgrades itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An enjoyable dining experienceSassy1Dined on 2/22/2014We were a party of four and each of us truly enjoyed our meal. The service was fantastic as well!. I would recommend giving L2 a try, they have a lovely menu and a fantastic wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service with a SmileBirthday52Dined on 2/21/2014The evening was outstanding from the time we were seated to the time we left with even some "special touches" which went beyond customer's expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unparalleled experience!DemonstrayDined on 2/14/2014Upon entering, we were greeted with a comprehensible list of the night's exclusive menu and a prompt, energetic waiter. The food and drinks were remarkable, the selection was fantastic, and the quality of service was unlike anywhere I have ever attended. My sincerest thanks for a phenomenal Valentine's Day evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014I found L2 to be disappointing. I made a reservation for Valentines Day, Confirmed at the time of booking that the regular menu would be available. When I they called to confirm a few days before, again I confirmed that the regular menu would be available. We arrived, were seated, and I asked to see the menu and was informed that thy only had the set menu that evening. We left.
- Valentines nightTuhjuhDined on 2/14/2014My girlfriend and I have come to this restaurant many times in the past and do typically really enjoy it however on the 14th of February when we arrived we were told it was a set menu something I was not told when I made my reservation but whatever then we find out that most of the appetizers that they are giving us are sea food I was stoked as I love sea food my girlfriend however is allergic to it so now I'm eating and she is not meanwhile another table has come in and was able to order of the standard menu we were not even told we could do this when our entrees arrived they were delicious but it was all of the meal that my girlfriend could eatSpecial Features:
- Valentine's day Set MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014My wife and I both ordered the Bacon Wrapped Tenderloin for our main course in the set meal. I found the meat to be of good quality but the chef's decision to wrap it with 3-4 pieces of bacon made sure that the beef tasted only of bacon flavour. Very disappointing. The amuse bouche, salad, and appetizer were terrific. The dessert was awful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenteAlwayssearchinDined on 2/9/2014We have been here a few times with friends and a few more with family. Most often, we book reservation by calling. The last time was thru the website for L2 and we had that window on on line reservation so I did. It took a few seconds and steps that a confirmation has been sent back. That was incredible. As we step into the door, we were greeted without delay and brought to our table which was just perfect for me and my wife and a couple of friends. Service was excellent and food was much too much. Although we love most of it, we really can not and should not indulge too much as it was against my planned diet, hahaha which too was supposed to be a new years resolution. The temptation of the good food took away that plan. Enjoyed it though.Special Features:
- Date night with hubbyCarolynDined on 1/31/2014My husband and I wanted a quiet evening with great food and we found both at L2. We had the L2 feast for 2 and loved it. I would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.