L2 Grill - Fantasyland Hotel
17700-87 Avenue - Entrance 51
Edmonton, AB T5T 4V4Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
L2 Grill - Fantasyland Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://fantasylandhotel.com/dine/l2-grill
- Phone: (780) 444-5538
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm;
Lunch: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Sachin Joshi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Cross Street: 177St - 87Avenue
- Public Transit: West Edmonton Mall is a major hub for many local bus routes. In less than five minutes, guests using public transportation can walk through the mall to L2 Grill.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: L2 Grill, situated right inside West Edmonton Mall, offers plenty of free parking - look for Area 51
A word from L2 Grill - Fantasyland Hotel
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
L2 Grill - Fantasyland Hotel - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
L2 Grill - Fantasyland Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (20)fit for foodies (16)great for brunch (13)romantic (13)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (8)neighborhood gem (7)notable wine list (7)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great food - something for everyoone AA++MJR777Dined on 11/20/2014Food quality and presentation was top notch and the menu, while only two pages, seemed to have enough variety for everyone as they had steaks, seafood, chicken, pork, bison, and lamb all prepared in one or two special ways...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gluten free and dairy freewonderfuldineDined on 11/9/2014need more options on gluten and dairy free food on menu and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningBikinigirlDined on 10/28/2014This is a nice place to go -- very quiet. food was good, not amazing but the service was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2014countrygirlDined on 10/26/2014This was our second visit as a group to this restaurant, and we had a great evening. The service was excellent, the selection was great as was the food. The little extras made us feel special and were an added bonus. For example, there was a nice assortment of breads with specialty butters, a delicious appetizer from the chef, and a wonderful truffle assortment at the end of the meal. And the presentation was lovely, with generous portions. We look forward to a return visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go on a week dayDinnerDined on 10/23/2014Contrary to what the website says, when u arrive and are going just for the table side Crepes Suzettes u are advised that its not on the menu.!! However, since it was a week day, they said it was quiet enough to do this. Had it been a weekend or busy they would have stuck to the fact its not on the menu. I do suggest removing it from the website then, as most people use that for reference. Since that was my main reason for going we had said we'd leave if that desert was not able to be made. Other than that service was GREAT, we only had soup and salad plus the crepes, but were very pleased. As a vegetarian it would be nice to see one or two more dishes added in that area. I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dining ExperienceokotokscoupleDined on 10/16/2014I brought my gf up to Edmonton for a nice get away. We dined at LA and the staff (especially Warren) was so welcoming. The fresh bread, wine were amazing followed by the best meal that we've ever had at a nice dining establishment. I had the steak and my go had the tenderloin. The chocolate truffles for dessert combined with the special magic surprise that they do for the warm towels was the cherry on top. Worth every penny and would recommend L2 to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occasionYumyum13Dined on 10/12/2014Went for the thanksgiving set dinner. Originally thought it was a little pricey $55 for a four course meal; but we found the food awesome! Good size portions and the service was amazing. We were truly spoiled. Great atmosphere quiet even with the full restaurant. There were some people however with small children who were not appropriately dressed for such a nice restaurant and lots of men with hats on! A big pet peeve of mine. For such a nice restaurant they should have a dress code. Overal we had an awesome time and will definitely return againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Thanksgiving BrunchMizzyDined on 10/12/2014First time ever to L2Grill. I will be back really enjoyed it. There are so many things to choose from and the desserts are amazing! Recommend anyone to experience their brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was exceptionalDennisVIPDined on 10/10/2014appitizers and main courses were very good. waiter new his job as he was very professional and polite. he did not rush dinner but brought the various meal courses at appropiate times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceCarrieberryDined on 10/4/2014Everything was excellent; the food, the atmosphere and the service. Although, this visit our server was not the most attentive. On our previous visits the service was exceptional. We always order the Fantasy Feast platter for 2 and this time everything was rushed and not at the level we have come to expect. I had also mentioned in my reservation that we were celebrating our 6 year anniversary, and the representative that called to confirm specifically old me they will do something special for us for our anniversary. However, they did nothing. That would be my only complaint for this visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but not outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014We were there for breakfast and the potatoes, sausages and bacon were dry. The omellete station and the waffle station were great. Also, they were great with the checking of the coffee but they were not concerned with the water. We had to ask for them to refill our waters. Overall, I will still go back for breakfast.Special Features:
- foodie99VIPDined on 9/30/2014Excellent excellent service, quality food, but just lack a bit taste.Special Features:
- Service is ExceptionalShellyGDined on 9/27/2014From the moment you walk in, they treat you like royalty. The tuna on a bed of noodles to start was yummy. The sorbet that followed was great as well as the warm bread with assorted butters. This is all included no matter what you order. The main course lamb for me and sirloin steak for my friend was very good although my lamb could have been cooked a little more Vegetables were crisp and tasty. We were too full for dessert but went for a brandy alexander which was very tasty They brought a tray of complimentary truffles to our table and each was very good All in all a great night!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Great place for sunday brunch. We brought our 2 daughters (4&5) and they had a nice time also. Food is excellent, buffet is clean. Will be going back for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerLuciteDined on 9/13/2014We came for our first wedding anniversary and it was great! The food was delicious and the service was great. Friendly and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SundaySilenceDined on 9/12/2014We were there for our anniversary. The food was good to go with exceptional service. However, the decor in the place needs to be spruced up. It looks like a dinner right out of the 70's. If you're looking for a romantic spot, this is not it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Overall, loved the brunch. Service was great and the dessert was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded ExpectationsBigBriDined on 8/31/2014A bit pricey, but the Sunday Brunch was very very well done; excellent wide variety of food; the service was outstanding. Our 2 servers (waiter & waitress) were readily available and very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday get togethernot2happyDined on 8/30/2014Staff went out of their way to set up table for 12 people for my wifes birthday. However forgot to bring my wifes drinks when we ordered. A couple had ordered the feast for two and it was very cold, they sent out a new steak for both of them which were blue rare. When it came time to pay they tried to charge me for 11 drinks when we only ordered four. Everyone elses bill checked out though. Don't think ill be back.Special Features:
- CarolynDined on 8/26/2014Had an enjoyable meal with friends while discussing business. The food was good and the atmosphere is great for those who like to have conversation while dining. I like the little extras that are part of the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ExcellentRDB1VIPDined on 8/7/2014This is just a gem. Everything about our dining experience was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 265 reviews are from the L2 Grill - Fantasyland Hotel reviews archive.
- Fantastic.CMEDMVIPDined on 7/20/2014Everything from the bread, the butter, the amuse bouche and the sorbet...to the sea bass and bison was amazing.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerdiningoutcoupleDined on 7/9/2014Out to have a special night out. L2 grill did not disappoint. atmosphere was good, service was excellent somewhat due to the fact we were 1 of 2 tables seated on a Wednesday night. The whole dinner experience was very good, with all of the little surprises along with our dinner. I had steak, my wife had the chicken dish. presentation was excellent and the quality of the food very good. tableside flambé crepe suzette for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, food needs workdoesntmatterDined on 7/5/2014We went on a Saturday night, so you would expect it to be busy, but there was hardly anyone there. The waiting staff were very good - attentive and pleasant, and right off the bat they brought us some complementary scallops, so they definitely try to treat the customer right. It has all of the elements of a really nice restaurant, but unfortunately they are not executing on the food. Ultimately, that's the whole reason for the restaurant so even with the good service I wouldn't be able to recommend them. I don't have enough characters left to go into very much detail, but basically I found the food plain, my fish was overcooked and my wife's chicken was something we could have made at home with not much effort. We expected more.
- Yummy!!honeymoonersDined on 6/29/2014L2 has one of the tastiest all you can eat brunch buffets we have found so far. From fresh omelets to order to sushi and salads and a varied dessert table. You will leave full and satisfied. We will definitely come back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/28/2014Booked for a small birthday dinner party, the guys looked at the menu and started to be concerned that the portion sizes would be inadequate.... all were pleasantly surprised with the great food quality and ample portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeansVIPDined on 6/17/2014Ask for Wallace and have him make you the Ceasar Salad in front of you, the best!!!Special Features:
- Not Sure!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014The food was very good, but the hot food was not hot or even warm. Service was excellent during our meal. Didn't realize there were so many booths which is always a bother with a brunch to move in and out. Felt a little rushed as apparently they had seatings at 9:30, 11:30 and 1:30. Our reservations were for 12:00 noon. We received a call two days before asking us to change our reservations to 11:30. We were unable to due to a prior commitment and the lady on the phone seemed quite disturbed that we couldn't. Nothing was said initially when the reservations were made and I did call days before leaving a message to confirm my reservations but my call was never returned.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014Didn't really care for the ambiance of this restaurant. The food was very good for some things, not very good for others. The pork belly was a disappointment. The sea bass was very good, but would of liked more of a sauce with it.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceFamilyDinersDined on 5/31/2014The service was 2nd to none I wish I had gotten the name of our server I would Definitely give him a shout out. the meal was awesome and both myself and my children enjoyed the ambiance and experience. The Children were treated like true dinners and was felt there opinions counted We had a super experience and Will be back.Special Features:
- newfyDined on 5/25/2014there were 9 in attendance and we all enjoyed our meals greatly, kids meals were also fantastic, we will all certainly have repeat visitsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/23/2014Enjoyed the food again. Lovely display and I enjoy the little treats offered by the chef.Special Features:
- Excellent Sunday brunchprecioussilverDined on 5/18/2014We were blown away by the selection and quality of the food. It is reasonably priced for what is offered; my two children were free because they were under 5. There is something for everyone at L2. It is easily our favourite place to go for a brunch buffet.Special Features:
- O/S meal and servicepatconDined on 5/17/2014Wallace was a true professional server- so enjoyable. The meal was truly amazing. Enjoyed every morsel.Special Features:
- great service, good foodProarchangelDined on 5/17/2014Great service, best I ever had. Food is close to best I ever had but still very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentKazorraDined on 5/16/2014Great service, great did. Our second time dining there, and we will be returning for our next anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but expensiveLunch23Dined on 5/15/2014The food was good and everything but I did find that it was expensive and it would be good for a group of peopleSpecial Features:
- Delicious and FastYUMMYDined on 5/11/2014The service was great and the food came out quickly. Some issues with reservations, booked it online the day before but apparently the reservation got somehow cancelled and how to make another reservation and one of our orders was forgotten. But Overall, the dining experience at L2 was great!Special Features:
- Too pricey for what you getIheartfoodDined on 5/11/2014I went for Mother's Day Brunch. The food was pretty good for buffet but it was quite expensive at $42/person. I also ordered a sangria and it tasted like watered down juice. It wasn't a bad experience but definitely would pick something else next time.Special Features:
- First time at L2OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014We decided to try L2 for a birthday dinner. The food was excellent and we enjoyed our waiter who was very helpful. This is the first restaurant we have found that offers a wine my husband likes by the glass. (gewürztraminer) He enjoys this wine, while I prefer a dryer wine. We are sure to revisit. Thanks for a great night!Special Features: