L. Woods Tap and Pine Lodge
7110 N. Lincoln Avenue
Lincolnwood, IL 60712Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
L. Woods Tap and Pine Lodge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lwoodsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8476773350x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:15am - 4:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
*See Special Events below for Holiday hours...
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Lynn's Back Room is a private room enclosed with beautiful French doors to give your special event the privacy needed for that speech, toast or meeting. Lynn's Back Room decor is the same as the restaurant featuring a cozy hearth to give your event a special touch. Lynn's Back Room accommodates groups up to 36.
- Private Party Contact: Debbie Demondo (847)677-3350 x
A word from L. Woods Tap and Pine Lodge
L.Woods Tap & Pine Lodge is a Northwoods Supper Club in the honored tradition of timeless Midwestern towns. Presenting "Classic American" comfort foods featuring ribs, chicken, fresh fish and a wide variety of sandwiches. L.Woods is a casual restaurant and gathering place where guests can relax with family and friends in a setting reminiscent of a comfortable, rustic lodge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
L. Woods Tap and Pine Lodge - Best Restaurants in Lincolnwood ›
L. Woods Tap and Pine Lodge reviews from OpenTable diners
398 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (273)good for groups (189)great for lunch (155)kid-friendly (136)special occasion (131)fit for foodies (112)great for brunch (46)vibrant bar scene (43)hot spot (38)romantic (30)late-night find (29)scenic view (22)notable wine list (13)Show More
- Solid Lettuce JointLettuceFanDined on 8/31/2014its not always easy to get into L. Woods because it's probably the most fun and best food around that area. They did a nice job of mimicking an old Wisconsin Supper Club inside. (it even has that old lodge musty smell, something that sparks a lot of great memories for me.) Favorites apps: Cheese curds (Duh) Walleye Chips. For dinner, The ribs (both kinds of pork and the beef) are pretty amazing but I think their bbq chicken really stands out. (I ordered it the first time because I walked through the dining room and saw at least a 8 people eating it.) For dessert: Great key lime pie. (Similar to sister restaurants like Joe's & Shaw') and the hot brownie sundae. If you're a junkie for Melman joints, its not to be missed.Special Features:
- Super Supper ClubSuzyQDined on 8/30/2014I love L Woods for the atmosphere and good food. It's very cozy even though it's usually packed. I've been there on two occasions. The first time we had the rib eye steak and the BBQ ribs. Both were very tasty. This time I ordered the Prime Rib which was the Saturday night special. My dining companion had the ribs. Again, they were both very good. I will definitely be returning to L WoodsSpecial Features:
- bunnies94VIPDined on 8/30/2014Our experience was good. Server was a little pre-occupied and non-attentive, choosing to clear off another table while we waited for our salad dressing to be brought to the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dual anniversary OuttingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014We were pleasantly surprised having never been there before. It was our 39th anniversary, and a couple of weeks after our friend's 39th as well. We always celebrate together each year. The hostess, Stacie, was marvelous. She knew it was the anniversaries and set aside a cozy booth. She said it was her favorite. The waiter, Martin, was great. Before our friends arrived we ordered two martinis, great! The dinner was great as well, 3 prime rib and one salmon. The mashed potatoes, to die for. Horse radish a good touch. There was a surprise anniversary dessert which was really nice too. All and all, it was a great evening and we will do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014Food was fair, service was slow and less than attentive. The restaurant has a gluten free menu, but the server was very uneducated on what gluten even is. A five minute explanation and a server would know a baked potato does not contain gluten. Clearly, management hasn't put in the effort to train staff on this dietary need, however has put the effort into marketing to the gluten free. I ordered the filet mignon, which was supposed to include sautéed mushrooms - no mushrooms, unappetizing less than stellar cut of meat seasoned only with salt and pepper. They shouldn't offer a GF menu if they can't make it work well for GF customers. For $27.99, thats pretty shameful.
- GreatPinkyVIPDined on 8/29/2014We always enjoy eating here the food is delicious. The waiters. Were very efficient an pleasant. The bar was good too, an the drinks were great. We definitly will return in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best fried perch in the worldRobertDined on 8/29/2014Food is great. Service to match. And lively enjoyable comfortable environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Great restaurant. Would always go back vSpecial Features:
- CB912Dined on 8/28/2014L. Woods always makes the experience very nice. We were seated quickly despite our group of 4 not all yet there (Chicago Rush Hours!) Our Waiter was incredible. Caesar Salad for 4 remains one of the best. Skirt steak was cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Mjg2Dined on 8/27/2014We have dined here before and have always enjoyed the experience. The sangria and the ribs were great!!Special Features:
- Never disappointsreluctantreviewerDined on 8/27/2014I returned in hopes of finding the steak salad I remembered so fondly. It was still on the menu and every bit as good as I recalled. I love the goldbrick sundae, a treat that I haven't found anywhere else. My companion was delighted with her burger and fries. We both appreciated the waiter. A pleasant and comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my family's favorite places!LovelyLunchVIPDined on 8/25/2014L. Woods has something for everyone. It is kid friendly, yet perfect for couples, the elderly, families, and larger groups or parties. The food is reasonably priced, of good quality, and most of all, delicious! It's in our neighborhood, and high on our list for evenings out.Special Features:
- YumtuffymDined on 8/25/2014Best beef ribs in Illinois...sauce is great.Air conditioninng a lttle too highSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lodge atmosphereDansDined on 8/23/2014A unique place in the city. Once in the doors you feel as if you are at a lodge in Wisconsin or Michigan and you left the city. Reservations are necessary if you are dining on the week end. Items on the menu are reasonably priced. The briskets we had were soft and very tasty. The dessert cobbler was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All good at the Wisconsin LodgeRemyVIPDined on 8/23/2014Service was great and the food better.. First time folks with us and they were well treated and very happy with the service, in general, as well as the overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Food & Terrific ServiceSherry55Dined on 8/23/2014My daughter and I had lunch on a Saturday. My rainbow trout was excellent and my daughter really enjoyed the shrimp dish she had. Our waiter was very attentive, anticipating what we needed before we even asked. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SORRY CHARLIEB52bomberDined on 8/22/2014With good reviews we decided to try LWoods. Not so great my encrusted whitefish was mushie,the fried cod was so salty and flavorless,ribs were fair,no comparison to Carsons,salmon ok. The waiter was not great,very quick and uninviting to us...lets get u in and out! Had to constantly ask for more water,more bread,take ourplates. Not impressed with the qualityand service at all. Will not be back and will not recommend. Much better at Wildfire for similar cost.$$
- Great time as usual!Liv83Dined on 8/22/2014We always choose L Woods for our get togethers. Our group loves the food, atmosphere, and drinks. We know we can relax and have a good time during our visit as we are always well taken care of by the staff. We ve been coming here for years and will continue to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- when you have noone to impressgnadDined on 8/21/2014Watermelon sangria was great. Liked my ribs. The flourless chocolate cake was great. but the decor is so tired.Special Features:
- Reservation was useless!LEYEFANDined on 8/21/2014We had to wait 20 minutes for our reservation. But the waiting didn't end there. Our server had a room full of tables that he couldn't handle. 20 minutes to get our drinks, 40 minutes for our food, and our water glasses remained empty. The food was the only bright spot. Lwoods you need to prepare better for dinner rushes!
- Amazing walleye!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/21/2014I've been to L. Woods before. This past time it was amazing! Best twice baked potato I've ever had, delicious brisket and the walleye dinner was cooked perfectly! MmmmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MakakiloVIPDined on 8/20/2014As usual, the food was wonderful and our server Michael was great! Had gone to Wildfire but the turkey burger and Cole Slaw are better at L Woods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- L. WoodsFoodieDined on 8/19/2014The food is consistently delicious and never disappoints. It was very busy when I arrived, but the reservation was honored immediately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missing MacdisappointedVIPDined on 8/19/2014Things happen. Someone took our order of baked Mac and Cheese. The waitress and manager could not be more apologetic. It was no big deal things happen. They did remake it and did not charge us for it. They could not have been nicer. Waitress was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Team DinnerLuv2dineDined on 8/19/2014We went to L. Woods for a team dinner after work. We were all very pleased with the food and with our waiter Jason. He was so friendly, super informative about the food, very nice personality and had the food out to us really quickly. Great waiter. The food was to die for. I ordered the BBQ salmon which was made perfectly. I loved the duchess potatoes abound it. 2 Co-workers ordered the sliced beef and both said the meat was so tender. Dessert was great! Can't complain about this place. We have done other work events at this place and have never been disappointed. Great Job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask and it is givenOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2014The family had requests in terms of seating and light level. The requests were granted, seating was quick and service was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food--too crowdedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Food is great; we just happened to get seated right next to a very loud foursome, kind of squeezed in by a wait station too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steve Dahl Network gemJTLancerDined on 8/15/2014Initially, I go to support SDN, and always end up having the best experience! Staff is so attentive, food is absolutely amazing! Had brisket nachos-OMG!Special Features:
- Friday Fish FryTarsVIPDined on 8/15/2014Excellent Friday Fish Fry! is a standout! Fresh, not greasy and really good. Fresh broccoli is and good substitute for the french fries.Special Features:
- Good place to goGirlsDined on 8/14/2014good selections, great desserts, Great service; good parking. Sat us right away-no wait. No sense of rushingSpecial Features:
- Great!JGBKRBDined on 8/14/2014Comprehensive menu for selection of terrific, well-prepared food delivered with friendly, unsurpassed service.Special Features:
- LionsShareDined on 8/10/2014I usually love coming to this place and my last trip was a group outing with the family. My dad got into an argument with one of the bartenders about a certain wine and then was offered cooking wine. Food was great as usual (bit overcooked filet mignons).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunchteegirl20Dined on 8/8/2014My husband and I went there for lunch because we had to go to the North side to pick up something. We live in a Southwest suburb of Chicago. Our waiter asked if we had ever been there before and we said that it was a very long time ago (probably over 10 years ago). He treated us to a free appetizer and we had a nice relaxing lunch with a few beers and good food. We enjoyed the supper club atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GREAT RESTAURANT!!ZUBSKISVIPDined on 8/6/2014THE SEATING HOSTESSES ARE ALWAYS NICE AND TAKE GOOD CARE OF SEATING ALL CUSTOMERS!! MY SERVER, BILLY, IS ALWAYS A GREAT SERVER!! HE TAKES GREAT CARE OF ME!! THE FOOD AT THIS RESTAURANT IS ALWAYS SO GREAT!! THIS IS A PERFECT RESTAURANT TO EAT AT!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Supper club or tradionalHeyJudeVIPDined on 8/5/2014L Woods has a nightly supper club offering that is always delicious, ranging from fried chicken to prime rib to brisket to pork tenderloin. But I also love their "traditional" menu items. Their flatbread pizza and a wedge salad more than suffice as a wonderful meal. They have a fabulous chocolate lava cake for dessert but order it as you order your entrée so it will be ready, and tell them you want it as a lava cake, not to let it bake that extra bit longer which would make it less gooey. They serve it with freshly whipped whip cream. Delicious for that special occasion!Special Features:
- A FANTASTIC RESTAURANT!!ZUBSKISVIPDined on 8/4/2014THE SEATING HOSTESSES ARE VERY NICE AND FRIENDLY!! THEY ALWAYS TAKE GREAT CARE OF CUSTOMERS!! THE FOOD AT THIS RESTAURANT IS SENSATIONAL!! MY SERVER, BILLY, IS FABULOUS!! HE TAKES GREAT CARE OF ME!! HE IS SO WONDERFUL!! THE MANAGERS AT THIS RESTAURANT ARE ALL SO NICE!! THIS IS A GREAT RESTAURANT!! ALL OF THE SERVERS ARE SO NICE!! ALL OF THE PEOPLE THAT WORK HERE ARE NICE AND FRIENDLY!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MakakiloVIPDined on 8/3/2014The food was wonderful as usual and our server Andreea was great!Special Features:
- Beef ribs now a disasterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Used to love going there for the beef ribs. Went 8/2/14 and they were pathetic. They went from being bounteous tender fall-off-the-bone delicious to skinny,tough, and boring. Used to be the reason we went there, now won't go anymore.
- Good not greatzeroneroDined on 8/2/2014Positive thing was the gluten free menu and great gluten free burger buns. Lettuce entertain you restaurants rarely disappoint. However, the veggies for the burger were obviously cut the day before, soggy pickle, soggy tomatoe, soggy lettuce(ironically). Server was up and down. Ehhhh... Not horrible but not great. Ambiance is ok. Like a restaurant on a rustic lake setting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ProblemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014Every time I make a reservation at this restaurant for a special occasion and remind the hostess, othe waiters never bring out a special dessert. It happened again this time. I brought a friend for her birthday, noting in reservation that we were celebrating a birthday and reminded hostess when I checked in. At the end of dinner, no special dessert. Hostess said she did inform the waitress but to no avail. Very annoying!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.