L. Woods Tap and Pine Lodge
7110 N. Lincoln Avenue
Lincolnwood, IL 60712Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
L. Woods Tap and Pine Lodge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lwoodsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8476773350x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:15am - 4:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
*See Special Events below for Holiday hours...
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Lynn's Back Room is a private room enclosed with beautiful French doors to give your special event the privacy needed for that speech, toast or meeting. Lynn's Back Room decor is the same as the restaurant featuring a cozy hearth to give your event a special touch. Lynn's Back Room accommodates groups up to 36.
- Private Party Contact: Debbie Demondo (847)677-3350 x
A word from L. Woods Tap and Pine Lodge
L.Woods Tap & Pine Lodge is a Northwoods Supper Club in the honored tradition of timeless Midwestern towns. Presenting "Classic American" comfort foods featuring ribs, chicken, fresh fish and a wide variety of sandwiches. L.Woods is a casual restaurant and gathering place where guests can relax with family and friends in a setting reminiscent of a comfortable, rustic lodge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
L. Woods Tap and Pine Lodge - Best Restaurants in Lincolnwood ›
L. Woods Tap and Pine Lodge reviews from OpenTable diners
395 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (271)good for groups (187)great for lunch (151)kid-friendly (135)special occasion (122)fit for foodies (111)vibrant bar scene (44)hot spot (42)great for brunch (38)late-night find (29)romantic (28)scenic view (20)notable wine list (11)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- KajaDined on 9/17/2014Loved the chopped salad, would return for that alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/15/2014Delicious nut-crusted walleye; delicious skirt steakSpecial Features:
- A FANTASTIC RESTAURANT!!ZUBSKISVIPDined on 9/15/2014THE SEATING HOSTESSES ARE ALWAYS VERY NICE AND FRIENDLY!! THE FOOD WAS SENSATIONAL!! MY SERVER, BILLY, IS JUST THE MOST SUPERB SERVER!! HE IS VERY TIMELY AND TAKES GREAT CARE OF ALL OF HIS CUSTOMERS!! AT THIS RESTAURANT, ALL THE EMPLOYEES ARE ALL SO NICE AND WONDERFUL!! THE MANAGERS ARE ALSO WONDERFUL PEOPLE!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014From the beef ribs, fried chicken and wedge/Cesar salads....everything we delicious. And the they brought out an apple turnover big as your head and oh so yummy! I rarely eat leftovers but these were gone by the next night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love L. WoodsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2014This is a great family dining spot! The menu is varied but not overwhelming, the food is delicious and filling. The fried cheese curds are a must-have item. They also have an extensive gluten-free menu for those who need it. It's hard to pick a favorite dish as I have something new each team and have loved everything I've ordered. Can't wait until our next visit!Special Features:
- JeanVIPDined on 9/14/2014L Woods has the best fried chicken in town, every Sunday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- notpickyVIPDined on 9/14/2014old time supper club all natural ingrediants at reasonable prices--loved the placeSpecial Features:
- Good StapleMocakesVIPDined on 9/13/2014This is a great place. We had seen it on Check Please a while ago and it had been a while since we had tired it. We went before a movie - the service was good and quick. The food was yummy! We will put this on the list for out of town non-foodie friends/family.Special Features:
- Ribs and ChickenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014As L Woods is known for their ribs and chicken, whala! Very good. Next time I order a full slab of ribs. They were tender, juicy, and moist. Meat fell off the bone and no need to hand-hold them high. The craft draft beer choices were nice, a dozen or so. My wife had the parmesan crusted cod and it was good as well. We split the chopp salad. Now my places for chopp salad include L Woods. Nice rustic cabin lodge look and feel. Lots of taxidermy fish. First timers get a free flatbread which was a nice surprise for me.Special Features:
- bunnies94VIPDined on 9/12/2014The six of us had a lovely meal. Our reservation was honored right on time, we were seated immediately. Service was good and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceGroovyTravellerVIPDined on 9/12/2014Been a while since we were at L.Woods. Waitress was excellent. Food very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- madame1971VIPDined on 9/12/2014As usual, dinner at L Woods was delicious and the service was perfect. We had the white fish and ribs and all were wonderful. The kitchen split our meals for us, so we didn't have to split our food at the table. Our waiter was friendly and very knowledgeable. This is why we keep on coming back!!Special Features:
- Consistently excellent!DinerBewareVIPDined on 9/12/2014This is definitely one of my favorite restaurants and I dine it alot! The quality of the food is ALWAYS, without exception, prepared exactly as you request. The service also is wonderful! Always, an excellent dining experience!! I come here often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food and comfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/11/2014Just one of those comfortable places with good food and good service. We weren't rushed and the noise level allows for easy conversation. I wish their wine list was a little better but overall a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- L. Woods ComfortablecrizDined on 9/10/2014I love this restaurant, especially the room with the knotty pine. I feel like I'm in a Wisconsin cabin. I have never had a bad meal at this restaurant! Anything you order will be first rate. You do have to request bread now, as this was not the case in the past. Service is excellent!Special Features:
- Not what we expectedteacherDined on 9/8/2014Given that this is a Lettuce Entertain You restaurant we expected better. We were seated right away, but we had to flag down our server after sitting for over 10 minutes. He did not ask for our drink order, but instead just took our dinner order. From the time we sat down until the time we got our entrees over an hour had elapsed. The food was very average. I am gluten free, and the chicken dish I got consisted of two tasteless chicken breasts with some bland lemon butter sauce. My son's turkey burger was over spiced, and my wife's salad was very bland, too. We had mentioned the need for a gluten free menu on Open Table, we had to ask for one. We also mentioned it was my birthday. No mention was made by the host or server.
- Always GoodJojo20VIPDined on 9/8/2014L Woods is always consistently good. The food is always tasty. Their specials are very good. Their appetizers and desserts are very good. They have everything from sandwiches to full dinners. The service is always attentive and friendly. The atmosphere is very lively.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014Excellent food. Felt like I was in a Northern Wisconsin suupper club.Special Features:
- Reliable L WoodsnotafoodieDined on 9/6/2014L Woods is a restaurant you keep coming back to because of the consistently good food, good service, and good atmosphere. We have never had a bad experience. The range of items on the menu is great. You can eat light or have a big meal. We love the Chopped Salad and Flatbread Pizzas. The burgers are tasty as well. The deserts are very good. Be sure to order them with your meal so they are ready when you are finished with dinner.Special Features:
- BBQluvLEYEVIPDined on 9/6/2014We both enjoy the ribs, baby back and beef ribs. Our previous visit we tried the apple strudel dessert (must order with your meal) and we weren't thrilled, thought the crust should have been very flaky but seemed a little tough. This time we tried the chocolate cake with molten center (also must order with your meal) and we enjoyed the cake. Much bigger than we expected. We returned for the ribs, enjoy the beer list and several unique cocktails. It's very casual and quite loud, as long as you know what to expect! We would probably go back and try the brisket special (I think that was Tuesday). Both recent visits we had very good service.Special Features:
- Consistently great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014WE often dine here with the kids. Always great service - especially from Jim. Most meals are locally sourced - a bonus. Specials are consistent hits, particularly the Sat night Prime Rib. Drawback -- cooks are generous with their salt shakers. We've made this place a regular since they opened (pre-kids), now our 4 kids love it too.Special Features:
- DhanaVIPDined on 9/4/2014Great server -Dameon. Chopped steak is a real deal @$15.99.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentDrJAFDined on 9/3/2014I have eaten here often over the years. This was my first disappointment. Water glass was never refilled. Never offered a coffee refill. My fish came cold and dry.
- Great lunchCityGirlDined on 9/2/2014We had a fabulous family lunch here yesterday. Five people were in our group. We wanted a leisurely lunch and our server never rushed us. She understood and respected our wishes. Chopped salad and creamed spinach were amazing. Pounded chicken was also fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeStevePVIPDined on 9/1/2014Outstanding service and great food. I highly recommend but you must get a reservation.Special Features:
- Attentive serviceCrabGourmetVIPDined on 9/1/2014Fresh seafood. Great seasonal specials. Excellent desserts, especially with fresh fruit. They will accommodate special food requests. Great managers. Today's waiter went out of his way to be helpful. Definitely above average. Overall this restaurant is fancier than the Wisconsin supper clubs with a larger food variety. I do not think there is another restaurant in Chicago area that currently compares to what this restaurant offers.Special Features:
- Solid Lettuce JointLettuceFanVIPDined on 8/31/2014its not always easy to get into L. Woods because it's probably the most fun and best food around that area. They did a nice job of mimicking an old Wisconsin Supper Club inside. (it even has that old lodge musty smell, something that sparks a lot of great memories for me.) Favorites apps: Cheese curds (Duh) Walleye Chips. For dinner, The ribs (both kinds of pork and the beef) are pretty amazing but I think their bbq chicken really stands out. (I ordered it the first time because I walked through the dining room and saw at least a 8 people eating it.) For dessert: Great key lime pie. (Similar to sister restaurants like Joe's & Shaw') and the hot brownie sundae. If you're a junkie for Melman joints, its not to be missed.Special Features:
- Super Supper ClubSuzyQDined on 8/30/2014I love L Woods for the atmosphere and good food. It's very cozy even though it's usually packed. I've been there on two occasions. The first time we had the rib eye steak and the BBQ ribs. Both were very tasty. This time I ordered the Prime Rib which was the Saturday night special. My dining companion had the ribs. Again, they were both very good. I will definitely be returning to L WoodsSpecial Features:
- bunnies94VIPDined on 8/30/2014Our experience was good. Server was a little pre-occupied and non-attentive, choosing to clear off another table while we waited for our salad dressing to be brought to the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dual anniversary OuttingJandJDined on 8/30/2014We were pleasantly surprised having never been there before. It was our 39th anniversary, and a couple of weeks after our friend's 39th as well. We always celebrate together each year. The hostess, Stacie, was marvelous. She knew it was the anniversaries and set aside a cozy booth. She said it was her favorite. The waiter, Martin, was great. Before our friends arrived we ordered two martinis, great! The dinner was great as well, 3 prime rib and one salmon. The mashed potatoes, to die for. Horse radish a good touch. There was a surprise anniversary dessert which was really nice too. All and all, it was a great evening and we will do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014Food was fair, service was slow and less than attentive. The restaurant has a gluten free menu, but the server was very uneducated on what gluten even is. A five minute explanation and a server would know a baked potato does not contain gluten. Clearly, management hasn't put in the effort to train staff on this dietary need, however has put the effort into marketing to the gluten free. I ordered the filet mignon, which was supposed to include sautéed mushrooms - no mushrooms, unappetizing less than stellar cut of meat seasoned only with salt and pepper. They shouldn't offer a GF menu if they can't make it work well for GF customers. For $27.99, thats pretty shameful.
- GreatPinkyVIPDined on 8/29/2014We always enjoy eating here the food is delicious. The waiters. Were very efficient an pleasant. The bar was good too, an the drinks were great. We definitly will return in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best fried perch in the worldRobertDined on 8/29/2014Food is great. Service to match. And lively enjoyable comfortable environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Great restaurant. Would always go back vSpecial Features:
- CB912Dined on 8/28/2014L. Woods always makes the experience very nice. We were seated quickly despite our group of 4 not all yet there (Chicago Rush Hours!) Our Waiter was incredible. Caesar Salad for 4 remains one of the best. Skirt steak was cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Mjg2Dined on 8/27/2014We have dined here before and have always enjoyed the experience. The sangria and the ribs were great!!Special Features:
- Never disappointsreluctantreviewerDined on 8/27/2014I returned in hopes of finding the steak salad I remembered so fondly. It was still on the menu and every bit as good as I recalled. I love the goldbrick sundae, a treat that I haven't found anywhere else. My companion was delighted with her burger and fries. We both appreciated the waiter. A pleasant and comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my family's favorite places!LovelyLunchVIPDined on 8/25/2014L. Woods has something for everyone. It is kid friendly, yet perfect for couples, the elderly, families, and larger groups or parties. The food is reasonably priced, of good quality, and most of all, delicious! It's in our neighborhood, and high on our list for evenings out.Special Features:
- YumtuffymDined on 8/25/2014Best beef ribs in Illinois...sauce is great.Air conditioninng a lttle too highSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lodge atmosphereDansDined on 8/23/2014A unique place in the city. Once in the doors you feel as if you are at a lodge in Wisconsin or Michigan and you left the city. Reservations are necessary if you are dining on the week end. Items on the menu are reasonably priced. The briskets we had were soft and very tasty. The dessert cobbler was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.