L. Woods Tap and Pine Lodge
7110 N. Lincoln Avenue
Lincolnwood, IL 60712Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
L. Woods Tap and Pine Lodge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lwoodsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8476773350x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:15am - 4:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
*See Special Events below for Holiday hours...
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Lynn's Back Room is a private room enclosed with beautiful French doors to give your special event the privacy needed for that speech, toast or meeting. Lynn's Back Room decor is the same as the restaurant featuring a cozy hearth to give your event a special touch. Lynn's Back Room accommodates groups up to 36.
- Private Party Contact: Debbie Demondo (847)677-3350 x
A word from L. Woods Tap and Pine Lodge
L.Woods Tap & Pine Lodge is a Northwoods Supper Club in the honored tradition of timeless Midwestern towns. Presenting "Classic American" comfort foods featuring ribs, chicken, fresh fish and a wide variety of sandwiches. L.Woods is a casual restaurant and gathering place where guests can relax with family and friends in a setting reminiscent of a comfortable, rustic lodge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
L. Woods Tap and Pine Lodge - Best Restaurants in Lincolnwood ›
L. Woods Tap and Pine Lodge reviews from OpenTable diners
389 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (279)good for groups (194)great for lunch (145)kid-friendly (139)special occasion (127)fit for foodies (111)hot spot (49)vibrant bar scene (42)great for brunch (33)late-night find (31)romantic (27)scenic view (15)notable wine list (12)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Bone - L'woods same thingsweetsueDined on 10/20/2014Very consistent in quality. Good with no surprises nor anything special.Special Features:
- Always Good Eats!GmvsKVIPDined on 10/19/2014L Woods doesn't disappoint. We haven't dined here for about a year as it is far away from home, but well worth the trip. The waitress was very attentive and we did not have to ask for anything twice. The Sunday special chicken was a bit too salty this time but the pulled pork and flattened chicken were to die for -- as were the mashed potatoes...and don't EVER take that BBQ flatbread off the menu, it's a taste of heavenSpecial Features:
- Attentive StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014My mother ordered prime rib as it is the Saturday special there. When it was served the manager happened to be walking by our table and noticed it was quite fatty, so... he proceeded to order her another piece and then comp'd her dinner. At the beginning of the meal we had ordered the Apple Streudel and the waiter forgot to write it down, so he comp's us another dessert and coffee. This is true customer service. I know sometimes mistakes can be made, but when it's immediately recognized and resolved that is the note of true professionals. I highly recommend L'Woods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceKentVIPDined on 10/18/2014It appears that without ordering cocktails and appetizers our server lost total interest in taking care of us.
- seasonal foodCrabGourmetVIPDined on 10/16/2014Great harvest turkey chowder. Walleye chips - a special treat since Chicago area restaurants do not serve much walleye. Apple cider salmon - well prepared. Fresh apple crostada - seasonal. Attentive waitstaff. Good local gem. Food quality is better than average Wisconsin supper club.Special Features:
- LWoods ConsistentGarabaldiDined on 10/14/2014LWoods came through again. Consistently good food and a nice atmosphere. Loved the walleye sandwich. Also the flatbread pizza. Nice place for the boys to get together for lunch or dinner. Plan ahead, however. It can be crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FANTASTIC RESTAURANT!!ZUBSKISVIPDined on 10/13/2014THE SEATING HOSTESSES ARE ALWAYS NICE AND FRIENDLY!! THE FOOD WAS JUST FABULOUS AS IT ALWAYS IS!! MY SERVER, BILLY, IS ALWAYS WONDERFUL!! HE IS VERY TIMELY AND VERY ATTENTIVE!! THIS RESTAURANT IS VERY LUCKY TO HAVE HIM!! MOST OF THE PEOPLE WHO WORK HERE ARE ALL SO GREAT!! THIS IS A GREAT RESTAURANT!!Special Features:
- A slice of the North WoodsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014We celebrated my best friend's birthday at L. Woods recently. She had the NY Strip Steak and said it was the best steak she has had for a long time. I'm a vegetarian and the veggie burger was moist and tasty. Everything was extremely fresh and homemade. The atmosphere is cozy and relaxed - think huge stone fireplace and antler chandeliers. Service was wonderful - personal, warm and efficient. We can hardly wait to go back.Special Features:
- Good food, comfortable atmosphereElfishDined on 10/12/2014Tried L. Woods for the first time. Had a really nice experience. We had lunch there for my mom's birthday. Homey setting. Food was tasty. Service was very good. If you like comfort food, this is a good place to go. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Rib Heaven!drzarkov1Dined on 10/11/2014My wife and I went for Sunday night dinner. I ordered the 20 oz. "King sized" prime rib dinner, L. Wood's Sunday specialty. This was possibly the best prime rib I've ever had (and I've had it at dozens of Wisconsin supper clubs), very tender & flavorful. (But the smaller 16 oz. "Queen size" should be more than enough for even the heartiest appetite.) My wife ordered their BBQ planked salmon, and said it was excellent. This was a relatively expensive dinner for us: with pre-dinner cocktails (their Muddled Kentucky Old Fashioned was excellent), chopped salad, and wine with dinner (a very limited wine list), plus tip, the bill was about $150. Not for foodies, but friendly service, great comfort food, and good value for the money. We'll return.Special Features:
- Not impressedcynicDined on 10/9/2014Ribs were dry. Potato chips, cold. Slaw, blah. Overpriced for half slab.Special Features:
- A Birthday TraditionErikVDined on 10/8/2014I go here every year for my birthday because I love the atmosphere, I love that it's a neighborhood kind of place, I love the wait staff, and most importantly the food is amazing. I definitely recommend for special occasions... and the beef ribs!Special Features:
- salad saladmikeyDined on 10/8/2014I have been to this place many many times. The meat is always good but the bloody mary was poorly done and the ceasar salad was not made up of dark green romaine but white, almost head lettuce type leaves. My brussel sprouts were too hard to eat. The ribs were as good as always. It will be awhile before I go back and pay almost $30.00 for the slab of spare ribs.Special Features:
- Hidden treasureBubbaeatgoodDined on 10/7/2014great service- excellent food/basic but with a twist reasonably pricedSpecial Features:
- Monday Night CrowdHappyDinerVIPDined on 10/6/2014L Woods is always crowded because it is always excellent. Great food, comfortable dining for any occasion.Special Features:
- JeanVIPDined on 10/6/2014Food is always great but be prepared for lots of kids and parents who don't always manage them well in a restaurant.Special Features:
- love L WoodsPattiVIPDined on 10/6/2014We've been going here for years and it stays consistently busy and good. Service is usually great!Special Features:
- WonderfulMangiVIPDined on 10/4/2014I am a rather regular diner at L Woods. Great food, service, atmosphere! Will continue to visit with family and/or friends!Special Features:
- ALWAYS A GREAT PLACEgoodeatsDined on 10/3/2014FOR A NORTH SIDE DINING PLACE, L-WOODS IS THE PLACE. ALL THE FOOD ON THE MENUE IS GOOD. ALL THE SERVICE STAFF ARE NICE AND FRIENDLY. THE DRINKS ARE GENEROUSLY POURED, AND THE ATMOSPHERE IS COMFORTABLE. ALL IN ALL EVERY VISIT IS A GREAT EXPERIENCE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousElizabethDined on 10/2/2014Everything we had was so delicious and well-made, especially the pear sangria. And the strudel! - It's is big enough for about six people. OUr one regret was that we were too stuff to try even more items. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Go for the pork loin special!bs093070VIPDined on 10/1/2014We went on a Wednesday night so some of us could have the Breaded Pork Tenderloin special - it is amazing! Thin and crispy, and the breading is not too thick. Had a wonderful soup - a turkey chowder with cranberries - really hearty for autumn. The apple strudel is an amazing dessert. Everything every one had was good!Special Features:
- davidDined on 9/30/2014The manager tried hard to honor my special request. The food and service never disappoints.Special Features:
- Always fantasticthemulDined on 9/30/2014I have been to many lettuce restaurants and I always put L Woods at the top of my list.Special Features:
- Seasonal treatsCrabGourmetVIPDined on 9/30/2014L. Woods changes its menu based on the seasons and available food. The turkey chowder has turkey meat pieces, cranberry, seeds, and sweet potatoe. It is flavorful and unique as chowders go. A fall treat. Good salads. Great fish choices. Walleye is always a treat. Barbecue salmon is tasty. Vegatables are fresh. Fresh shucked corn is good in season. Apple crostada is another fall delight. Female servers are attentive and professional. This is higher quality food than the typical Wisconsin supper club. We have even met people here from Wisconsin. Attentive male and female managers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MakakiloVIPDined on 9/29/2014The food was wonderful as usual and our server / barrtender Greg M. was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatSharonVIPDined on 9/28/2014You can always count on getting a good meal at L Woods. The skirt steaks were seasoned and cooked just right. My husband said the baby back ribs were the best he's had . We have eaten here before and I hae come with groups and it is always enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Front DeskfoodhappyDined on 9/27/2014The front desk lady was not very friendly. Yes, that's a hard job, but she is the first person you meet and you want the welcome to be more positive.Special Features:
- A little off this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/27/2014server was not attentive and someone in the kitchen should string the green beans! Well cooked and fresh, but strings make them tough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Very good food, reasonable prices, the Manager Pat was extremely friendly and courteous..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- L bonesHungryDined on 9/26/2014Always consistent service and food. Can't wait to go back there.Special Features:
- Long time favoriteLocalresidentDined on 9/25/2014We love Lwoods. It used to be called Bones and it still is fantastic. Great food. Great service. Prices are around $20 for main course but they include veggies and potatoes, they don't nickel and dime you. Always crowded, recommend reservations. Best thing is it's a lettuce entertain you spot...the best.Special Features:
- Good for a familyBLTBAHDined on 9/25/2014Went to L Woods to celebrate my dads 87 birthday. The food was as expected. It was very crowded and noisy which made it hard to talk sometimes. Overall a good experience and was what we were looking for...a super club type atmosphere with shrimp cocktail and steaks.Special Features:
- MiscommunicationBirdmanDined on 9/25/2014I had ordered the daily special with a side of ribs but received side of ribs dinner with no daily special. I was too tired/hungry to correct the server and just ate the food, which was good, that was brought. Next time will clarify and have the server repeat back to me the order to make sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skokie GemButtonsDined on 9/25/2014L. Woods is our go-to restaurant for special occasions or when we want to dine out with friends. The ambiance is great, the food is outstanding, and the service is second to none. I have never left there disappointed. I have had their dry rub back ribs, barbecued planked salmon, and chicken and each one is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationsMangiVIPDined on 9/22/2014My friend was treating me to a birthday lunch at L. Woods. Service was great; food was wonderful as usual, and I was given a birthday dessert on the house. Awesome experience this time and always, which is why I keep coming back!Special Features:
- madame1971VIPDined on 9/22/2014I always love dining here. Lunch is the best- it's quiet!! We shared the chopped salad and the key lime pie, both of which were delicious. Service was outstanding as usual.Special Features:
- Great food, sloow servicesaissonDined on 9/21/2014This is the "steady eddy" of restaurants. Wide menu assortment specializing in BBQ. Planked salmon and skirt steak were outstanding as well as the drinks: Old Fashioned & Gin Gimlet.Special Features:
- Always DependableJohnVIPDined on 9/21/2014Good food, good service - consistently. I am a regular patron and Woods always comes through as a "go-to" place for selection, quality and nice seating. Prices are creeping however - a concern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StuartVIPDined on 9/20/2014food was good but alittle pricy for that it is............Not bad however
- consistent & charmingFoodVIPDined on 9/20/2014Neighborhood place. Great service! Need a wine list though. They have five choices, although usually a couple of decent bottles. Food is consistently good. Ribs and garlic mashed potatoes are always delish. Prime rib was good. Wedge salad was yummy! Great key lime pie. Nice cocktails made by experienced bartenders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.