639 Post St
San Francisco, CA 94130Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kyusf.com/
- Phone: 4154411099
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Su-Th 5:30pm-12:30am
Dinner: F-Sa 5:30pm-1:00am
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access
A word from Kyu
At Kyu Sushi & Robata, we pride ourselves with high quality fresh ingredients, friendly services, beautiful decor, and stunning food presentation. We believe that the definition of good food does not start and end just on the taste bud. We believe that delicious food is a combination of everything that is wonderful around you until the moment you taste the food. We aim to bring you a wonderful food experience the moment you walk through our door. Our ingredients are fresh daily, and our chefs are extremely passionate about quality. Please come by and give us a try, so we can show you the level of passion and quality we represent.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kyu reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great sushi near Union SquareEpgvaVIPDined on 1/6/2014I picked this for its proximity to our hotel. Small place, unpretentious atmosphere, great food. Generous portions of edamame and seaweed salad. Rolls did not disappoint. Only negative was the (unannounced) charge for soda refills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The sushi was deeeeeeelicious!TaitegDined on 12/31/2013The sushi was deeeeeeelicious! My friend and I got a reservation without a problem on new years eve. The service was so fast, prices reasonable and arguably some of the best sushi I've ever had, and I used to live in hawaii with the freshest fish so I think that says something. Wish I would've gotten the name of the chef we had so you could all have the same experience (I've only been here once and I know how sushi restaurants/chefs can be a little inconsistent) but my friend and I ordered the red dragon and toshi roll. Yum yum yum. I will be back next time im in SF!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 12/29/2013The service was bad. First, I never got a chance to order another beer. Second, they forgot/ lost my order and then brought me the wrong sushi roll. The roll was falling apart and didn't taste very good.Special Features:
- Really bad serviceAshleyVIPDined on 12/27/2013The food that came was good but two people at our table never got their Dinner. We ended up having to leave the restaurant with two people hungry in our party and tell them we weren't paying the 18% grat that was included for parties of 5 or more. Unfortunately the service was bad enough that the food would not make it worth returning.
- Quite happyJla52Dined on 12/13/2013I was a little worried after reading some of the reviews regarding the lengthy wait for service and food to arrive. That was not an issue for our party of 10 on a Friday night at 8pm. We ordered a variety of sushi's, tempura appetizer, yakatoris, chicken balls. All dishes were DELICIOUS!! It appeared that many locals were dining here and we were very pleased with Kyu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KyuJulesDined on 11/10/2013Everything I ordered was delicious and beautifully presented. The walu nigiri was amazing! Very nice people working there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good except for serviceNatTambyDined on 11/8/2013the food was great and reasonable. it just took forever to get our food. my group literally got one or of sushi every 15 mins. none of us ate at the same time and we were always waiting. hopefully this doesn't happen all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good From Far but far from gooddinersaurusDined on 10/16/2013the ambiance is fun, but food is challenged; our seaweed salad was still frozen, flavors relied too much on spicy, one roll tasted a little off/old and service was slow despite not being busy,
- Reasonable MealbbergVIPDined on 9/28/2013We had a reasonable meal at Kyu. It was not outstanding at all, and so I don't plan to return.
- Best fish I had in a long timeGrayTableVIPDined on 9/4/2013I rarely comment to people on the quality of my sushi fish unless it's awful. So many sushi places in San Francisco, raw fish, by nature, needs to be good otherwise a place would lose my patronage and it would be pretty easy to find out a place was sub-par. Kyu, on the other hand, was excellent. Their source of fish is top draw. Every piece melted in my mouth. The 15 piece sashimi boat is great deal for all the fish one gets. Even though the price is great, the quality is outstanding. Go eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2013This was a good restaurant. I was surprised they were not busy on a Friday night. I would definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AcceptableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/24/2013This restaurant has a sparse decor and the menus were food-stained. The food was quite good and the service adequate. The restaurant was not crowded at all on a late Wednesday evening.
- Just fairbrasilDined on 5/22/2013Despite the fact that Kyu serves good Japanese food, service is poor (waitress was more interested in hanging out with a group of guys than working) and the decor is horrible.
- OutstandingFriendDined on 5/19/2013A very enjoyable experience. Generous and delicious sushi with an attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh, not impressed after allOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013Meh, not impressed after all the high reviews. Sup par at best. Much better options for similar prices.
- Delicious rolls - beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/9/2013Delicious rolls - beautiful presentation. Romantic dinner spot.
- Very modern decor. Sushi wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Very modern decor. Sushi was good and came very fast. Nice selection of sake. Good date spotSpecial Features:
- Definitely love the lounge-yOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/23/2013Definitely love the lounge-y vibe at this place. The prices are cheap, the rolls are big, and they stay open late. I really don't know what else to expect from a sushi place. Some of the rolls did start falling apart as I picked them up though so I definitely can't give this place the title of best sushi in the city, but for the price, you'll be hard pressed to find a better spot in downtown than this.Special Features:
- A new sushi place in the TenderloinWabbitDined on 1/11/2013A new sushi place in the Tenderloin - only a block from my apartment - I was happy to try it out. The space was attractive but reminded me of art-students design. The music selection was dubstep - which is most certainly NOT for public dining. There were also bizarre LED drop lights that formed a huge annoying distraction. Friendly staff - but our meal arrived in an odd order - appetizer, two entrees (Delay) one entree (long delay) appetizer. The food itself was passable: but there are other sushi places in the neighborhood to which we'd be happier to repair in the future. I and my dining partners agree: Nothing was so bad as to send it back to the chef, but neither was anything good enough to make us want to return.
- Food was delicious, variosOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/9/2013Food was delicious, varios kinds of rolls! I liked "Lion King" the best.Personally I don't like the interior design very much, though... Blue light doesn't match the food line-up, and stars kept blinking, it annoys me a bit.Special Features:
- Excellent and fresh sushi.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2012Excellent and fresh sushi. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Staff was pleasant but overallOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/30/2012Staff was pleasant but overall the service was slow and the food was mediocre at best. "Hot" dishes were room temperature and sashimi was icy.
- This place is great. PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/7/2012This place is great. Perfect for hangout with coworkers after works, catch up with friends, dinner with your beloved someone, etc. pretty much all kinds of occasions. The place is not big but really pretty interior environment. Sometimes it gets really busy but make a reservation is easy. Im going back for sure.Special Features:
- This has to be the friendliestMsRoxieVIPDined on 12/7/2012This has to be the friendliest Japanese restaurant in the Union Square area. The prices are excellent and the staff just delightful.