242 Chauncy Street
Mansfield, MA 02048Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://kyotoma.com/
- Phone: 5083398822
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:30pm - 10;00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Kyoto Steakhouse
Excellent Japanese cuisine in a modern/Asian atmosphere. A must try!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kyoto Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
- Kyoto has the best sushi SouthFoodiefindVIPDined on 9/29/2012Kyoto has the best sushi South of Boston. We have tried almost every sushi restaurant in southeastern Massachusetts, and we always come back to Kyoto, the quality and taste is always consistent and the sushi specials are always fun to try.Special Features:
- The sushi is so fresh andFoodiefindVIPDined on 7/9/2012The sushi is so fresh and the chef made the plate like a piece of artwork. The hostess is so friendly and welcoming, which was such a nice feeling when you walk in. The drink special was very refreshing, and I like that they have additions to the menu. Very delicious and a great experience.Special Features:
- Excellent food. Went hereMoodyFoodieVIPDined on 6/5/2012Excellent food. Went here before a concert at Comcast, very impressed and pleased and we are foodies in Boston.Special Features:
- Sushi was acceptable but HibachifrequentdinerDined on 5/19/2012Sushi was acceptable but Hibachi was overcooked and tasted dry. The chicken was simply not edible. Overall below expectations.
- Very nice sushi and saki selection.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/28/2012Very nice sushi and saki selection. Disappointing service on the night we were there. Drinks took a long time to arrive. We had to ask the hostess to find our waiter to order. The waiter forgot our soups, and all of the meals came out of the kitchen at different times. Maybe it was an off night so we may give them a second chance.Special Features:
- We had a group of 7 peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/21/2012We had a group of 7 people at the Steakhouse eating dinner before catching a student play at a local college. A very good meal, reasonably priced. We recommend it highly.
- The food is always outstanding.amazinlarDined on 4/3/2012The food is always outstanding. The presentation is good and the staff is very friendly.Special Features:
- Everything is excellent.FoodiefindVIPDined on 3/3/2012Everything is excellent. My only suggestion is male waiters need to take the lady at the table's drink/food order first. Other than that, it is an excellent meal and night out!Special Features:
- Food was cold. VegetablesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/3/2012Food was cold. Vegetables were soggy. Wouldn't return
- The BEST!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/16/2012We love the sushi at Kyoto Its fresh and delicious and the presentation is amazing! The baked alaska is outstanding if we leave room for dessert . The staff is very friendly and very accomodating I have a gluten allergy and they make sure that they keep wheat free soy sauce in the fridge for me. Chris and May always make sure that the the staff and kitchen are aware of the gluten allergy and the sushi is prepared gluten free It gives me a sense of safety knowing that I will not get sick and my meal will be prepared correctly. Great restaraunt and staff!!!
- Sushi is great!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2012My husband and I tried out Kyoto on Valentine's Day this year. The food was fabulous! The service could have been better, but I am sure it was because it was Valentine's Day. We had a 7pm reservation, food was not on the table until 7:45pm. We will be back for the great sushi!Special Features:
- I had sashimi, both the scallop,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2012I had sashimi, both the scallop, and the sashimi dinner. They were nicely presented, fresh, and very tasty. I really didn't take the opportunity to explore much of anything else on the menu, but based on the comments made by those around me, everyone was very pleased with their selections.Special Features:
- Was disappointed at firstOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2012Was disappointed at first because we were expecting Hibachi cooked in front of us. But both our appetizers and Main Hibachi dinners were both excellent. The wait staff was extremely nice. We were late for our reservations and the only table they had available was very small. 15 minutes into sitting and sipping on a delicious scorpion bowl, they asked if we wanted to move to an open booth, not letting us touch anything as they moved us. Overall, the atmosphere was excellent, i definitely see this as a good late night enjoying drinks with friends type of place. The ambiance is trendy buit not overpowering. Definitely worth a shot for anyone looking for excellent sushi and japanese food.
- Something For EveryonelakeladyDined on 1/28/2012The variety of menu items was great. There was definitely something for everyone from noodles to tempura to hibachi to sushi. The service was great and the food was excellent. I also like the fact that I could make a reservation online. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- the food, and entertainmentLuvptownVIPDined on 1/21/2012the food, and entertainment provided by the chef was outstanding!Special Features:
- Specials on board were a bigFoodiefindVIPDined on 1/14/2012Specials on board were a big hit, love that you can have brown rice in your sushi!Special Features:
- Enjoy Kyoto!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/7/2012We went to Kyoto on what turned out to be a very busy Saturday night. We ordered two specialty martinis: lychee and sake. Lychee was perfect, sake was not totally as described. The yum yum salad appetizer was amazing...you must try it! King crab rolls..too much duck sauce. Our waitress was very attentive, but there was a notable delay in getting our main order of four specialty sushi rolls. She did come back twice to tell us that the food was on its way. Our tea was given with no charge due to the delay in our food order. The restaurant got very busy during our time there an the sound level increased noticeably, so if you want to enjoy what could be a very romantic environment. Definitely support this gem in Mansfield!Special Features:
- The sushi was delicious andFoodiefindVIPDined on 1/1/2012The sushi was delicious and the everything was so fresh it was clear that the food is made when you order it, not pulled from a freezer. The menu included some specials which were seasonal and high quality ingredients including lobster. Everything is consistently delicious!Special Features:
- No show but good sushi and drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2011Went on New Years Eve thinking this was actually a hibachi style Japanese steakhouse. They did serve hibachi style food but there was no actual hibachi. However, the sushi and drinks were very good.
- The restaurant is very modernFoodiefindVIPDined on 12/3/2011The restaurant is very modern and clean, the food is so delicious and service was excellent. Will definitely put this on my list of favorites!Special Features:
- Sushi special was amazing!FoodiefindVIPDined on 11/25/2011Sushi special was amazing! No need to go to Boston for delicious sushi!Special Features:
- odd location in a strip mall.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2011odd location in a strip mall. however both the atmosphere& food were excellent. highly recommended.
- Everything from sushi to mainFoodiefindVIPDined on 11/4/2011Everything from sushi to main entree was so fresh! Best sushi around by far!Special Features:
- Amazing sushi list, tastesWinecountrydptDined on 10/16/2011Amazing sushi list, tastes great, our new favoriteSpecial Features:
- Extensive sushi menu, beautifulWinecountrydptDined on 10/9/2011Extensive sushi menu, beautiful presentation.Excellent tasting food, good selection of drinks on menu.....best Mai Tai I've ever hadSpecial Features:
- i HAD A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAYOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2011i HAD A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY EXPERIENCE. i WOULD DEFIENTLY GO BACK AGAIN.Special Features:
- The sushi was so deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2011The sushi was so delicious and so fresh! Best sushi around!!
- Don't let the location foolFoodiefindVIPDined on 10/1/2011Don't let the location fool you, the restaurant is top-notch in every way, delicious and great atmosphere!Special Features:
- This restaurant is perfectFoodiefindVIPDined on 9/24/2011This restaurant is perfect in every way, it has everything you would want and expect, delicious, high-quality food; beautiful atmosphere; and excellent service. It is always consistent and the sushi chefs are true artists, it is my favorite restaurant!Special Features:
- The waitstaff was very attentiveJackDined on 9/23/2011The waitstaff was very attentive and very nice. One of the waiters (not ours) brought my daughter a milkshake free of charge. The food was very good and the prices were reasonable.Special Features:
- From the parking lot wasn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2011From the parking lot wasn't sure what to expect, but glad I went inside. The restaurant had a very nice, modern, clean decor throughout. Great scorpion bowl, sushi appetizer, and hibachi style meal. If you're expecting onion volcanoes and flying shrimp table side you will not find it here. You will; however, get a great meal, at a great price, and the service was flawless.....very impressed and will go back. Personally I love hibachi style food but don't like the group tables, reservations, noise, and flying food...this offers the best of both worlds. The menu is creative and offers something for everyone.Special Features:
- The food was awesome, theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2011The food was awesome, the service was amazing. We will absolutely be returning again.Special Features: