Kyoto Palace Restaurant
1875 S. Bascom Ave.
Campbell, CA 95008Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
Kyoto Palace Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kyotopalace.com/
- Phone: 408-377-6456
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday-Friday: 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM (sorry, no OPEN TABLE reservations accepted for Happy Hour)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Yih Chuang
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: We can do wedding receptions or family gatherings up to 180 people on Saturday and Sunday at 11:30 AM until 3:00 PM.
- Private Party Contact: Dale or Carl 408-377-6456
- Entertainment: KARAOKE WEDNESDAYS
Every Wednesday night from 7:00 PM- 11:00 PM. Enjoy the best sushi in the area while being entertained by our amateur singers.
- Cross Street: Campbell
- Public Transit: Bus stop directly in front of Shopping Center and Hamilton Ave. light rail stop walking distance.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Large surface area parking. Also a 4-level parking structure located 300 yards from our building. Drop off young children and elderly at curbside and park in the structure for easy check in.
A word from Kyoto Palace Restaurant
We are located in The Pruneyard Shopping Center in Campbell on the second floor since 1976. We are a teppanyaki restaurant where the chef "chops, dices and tosses your food right before your very eyes". We have the most skilled and entertaining chefs in the area. They will interact with you and your guests for that special occasion. It is a great place for birthdays, anniversaries, proms, graduations and best of all a great place to treat yourself to a fun night out. Enjoy great steaks, seafood and lobster. Also, enjoy the freshest and most exotic sushi prepared by masterful Sushi Chefs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Kyoto Palace Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Campbell ›
Kyoto Palace Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (79)good for groups (75)kid-friendly (55)neighborhood gem (17)great for lunch (14)fit for foodies (13)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (7)romantic (5)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)Show More
- great!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2014havent been here for 30 plus years.......should have come back sooner! Great food , great entertainment. Pedro was the bomb!Special Features:
- GreatsushiDined on 10/10/2014We love Kyoto Palace! We generaly go there for Sushi during happy hour, and I have to say; thiis place is awesome with great Sushi, great service and a value. we usually run into Anthony and the crew for outstanding service, but seems everyone provides great service. This is the rist time we had the table top cooking and we weren't disappointed. Same level of service, food quality and overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014The food was good. What we expected, though the scallops didn't have the taste of scallops nor the texture. We were a little disappointed that the chef was not very entertaining. It was very difficult to hear the people with us due to voice noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FUN PLACE TO EATDenvernormDined on 10/7/2014This is a great place to go for any reason. The chefs do a go job entertaining you as they cook. Main entrée can be a little small, but you get a lot of rice, plus soup and salad.Special Features:
- Great Food/Lack Attention to DetailRomero95123Dined on 10/6/2014I have been toHouse of Gengi ; Benihannas and now Kyoto Palace. I found Kyoto Palace to be a great location, great food, and great ambiance/ However I went there for my wifes birthday; I put special notes in Open table and even called into Kyoto palace to let them know it was my wife b-day. I was told that they will sing happy birthday and give her a little cake or something. While there we saw all the guest at Kyoto palace sing Happy Birthday to two other guest and was thrilled to think they would do that for my wife. Sad to say they failed! They did not even mention her birthday and we walked out and went to ColdStone Creamery to finish the celebration.Special Features:
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014I love coming to Kyoto Palace. It's one of my favorite restaurants. If it wasn't so expensive, I would definitely go more often. Thank you for the great food.Special Features:
- Fun for occasionsTimonDined on 9/28/2014Kyoto is a great find and a great atmosphere to enjoy an occasion at. The few things that I want to make mention are: You can not get sat unless your entire party is present so make sure to know this, they do have a full bar but their speciality drink section is a bit limited, so anyone wanting to try a house special there are limitations there, and lastly the food was good but this place is more for the show and experience than for amazing food taste. The chef I had was by far the best I have had in terms of entertainment from any like place and would go back.Special Features:
- What you'd expect from teppan grillfeedmyfamilyDined on 9/27/2014When you go to a teppan grill, you expect to be entertained during the food prep and the food to be just ok. This place was just that. We had two kids (7 & 9) who were there for the first time and they enjoyed the food and watching the cooking. The food wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either (except the miso soup that didn't taste like much at all).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CommissionerPhilDined on 9/19/2014Kyoto Palace is by gar the best Teppan style restaurant in the Bay Area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service! Good FoodJonH75Dined on 9/19/2014We received great service. The cook was fun the the waitress was very attentive but non-obtrusive. The Tropical Mojito was only OK... But the Long Island Ice tea was really good. They gave us some grilled jalapeno's on the side at no extra charge for those that wanted them. I have never seen done before. They were a surprising enhancement to the meal. We will be coming back for more than special occasions from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad for its typeMinnamsVIPDined on 9/13/2014Not the best Japanese hibachi steakhouse I've been to, but none of them have been particularly great for the food. This one was pretty standard--the showmanship of the chef was fine, nothing remarkable, and the food was adequate, not great. I've been to one or two where the dipping sauces are really great and the extras, like the soup and salad, are better than the norm. Nonetheless, it was the right place to take teenage girls for a birthday party, they all loved it. (It's a bit of a spendy meal for them, though, as the meals are all 22 and above.) Our waitress was indifferent, and the manager was attentive and thoughtful.Special Features:
- Expensive for what you getbulldogDined on 9/12/2014Noisy I have had better hibachi grill experiences. We were celebrating a special occasion and they did not acknowledege even tho others were being celebrated.Special Features:
- Awesome!BRDMDined on 9/6/2014Love love love Kyoto palace. I have never had a bad meal here and could go every week if I could. Food is awesome and it's a place even my kids will eat at and it doesn't matter too much if they are loud! : )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff did not follow up on requestOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/4/2014This is the second time i have gone to this place and requeated a specific cook. Both times have been birthday parties. The reason for the request is to entertain my guests. Nobody from the staff bothered to tell me (when calling to confirm my arrival, when i checked in at the hostess podium, when we were seated) that the cook we requeated was not available. Most of the cooks there have NO personality and you just sit there and watch them cook your food. If i am going to spend $400 on dinner i expect some excitement for our kids. I wont go back. Housebof Ginji or Benihanas it is!
- So and SoERuizDined on 9/1/2014The food was great... however as we entered you can smell a bad order.. As if the carpets have not been cleaned in years... A musty smell. All else was great... but 3.00 green tea ice cream ... it looked like 3 teaspoons only ... bowl is really disappointing...Special Features:
- Off to College Party NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014This was the perfect way to send our daughter "off to college" with a gathering of friends and family @ Kyoto Palace! One of our favorite dining spots---plus Wed. night was karaoke night and we love to sing listen to music! Very enjoyable evening!Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014I went for my birthday, and had a great time. I used Open Table for my reservation and asked for a certain chef and told them it was my birthday. I guess they don't read any of the notes because we didn't get the chef I asked for and they didn't even know it was my birthday. The food was great, but I wouldn't put all the hopes into your directions on the reservation to be listened to. Would eat at again.Special Features:
- Fun for familiesBigWormDined on 8/18/2014Hibachi is always fun for the families. The food was good also. Hibachi houses always drown everything in soy sauce and salt and no exceptions here but I got the Kyoto Palace special which was steak grilled with green onions and Teriyaki sauce which was very good. The fried rice was really good to (my 5 year old ate most of mine). Drink service was a little slow all in all probably the best Hibachi in the south bay but there is room for improvement.Special Features:
- drcru@ cruzio.comDiArciDined on 8/17/20145 PM reservation was blocked out. we took 4:30P. Even with empty restaurant they would not honer our request to be seated until the entire party was there. Checked room at 5PM and 5:15 PM Still only 4 other tables taken. Food quality has really deteriorated. Service was mediocre. Server was not at all attentive. Always in a hurry. The entire attitude is one of doing everything for their convenience, not focusing on the customer. In the past we gathered at this restaurant several times a year, This visit is our last. They have several competitors, all offering superior service, better food, and as good or better ambiance. Most at a lower price. Location is Kyoto's only strong point.Special Features:
- eh just okmc10s0rDined on 8/15/2014Very hard to get the attention of anyone willing to take a second drink order. The food was not a great value for the money but that's not what you expect at a Tappan yakki place. Most of our party was entertained by the non-Japanese chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food. Hit or Miss ServiceAgitatedPatienceDined on 8/11/2014Every time I have been here the food has been fantastic! Reservation for 2 people. We arrived to find out there would be a wait, regardless of our reservation. After 30 min we were seated. We were the last ones seated at our table, our order was taken quickly, and we expected the chef to begin shortly there after. However, it took almost 50 min before our chef arrived at our table to START cooking. The whole experience was ~2.5 hours, and we even decided to skip the included desert out of fear of how much longer we'd wait for it. I expect this type of restaurant to take a bit longer, but every time I've been here there always seem to be unnecessarily long delays throughout the experience i.e. seating, food, checks, drink refills.Special Features:
- Fun placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2014The food was very good, the entertainment and energy of the chef was great. He made the evening very enjoyable, had a lot of good laughs and the kids loved it!Special Features:
- KitMenkinVIPDined on 8/5/2014Always take our grandchildren here for dinner, as well as we enjoy with friends.Special Features:
- Always a TREAT!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/5/2014Our family loves coming here as the menu has something for everyone. Even my picky 13-year-old craves the teriyaki steak! The sushi menu is great, too. The cocktail menu is outstanding. I enjoy the teppan shrimp appetizer so much that now I just order teppan shrimp as my meal. The kids menu is perfect for little appetites. The chefs are always entertaining. The wait staff is attentive, polite and very informative. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Tons of funDadWithAHatDined on 7/30/2014I had the chance to go with a work group. Lots of laughs, a cool vibe, plenty of energy and an entertaining group of employees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely Going BackpbandjamjamDined on 7/30/2014We ordered dinner plates that were outstanding. The hot soup that came first was wonderful and simple. It was followed by a cold ginger dressed salad that was yummy. The chef was entertaining although he looked like he was tired of the routine. He made a really cool picture of a rooster out of eggs. The fried rice he served up was also very good and all of that was topped off by a perfect main course. I had the scallops and they were cooked perfectly! My husband had spicy chicken and noodles and loved his too. We came with our six month old at his bedtime (6:30) and nobody seemed to mind while I stepped away to the corner to rock him to sleep. It was a great time overall and we'd definitely go back.Special Features:
- Long wait, mediocre foodTravelCrzyDined on 7/17/2014After making a reservatio through opentable we had to wait 10-15 past or reservation time to be seated only to wait another 45 minutes for our "chef" to arrive. Soup is dishwater, salad if from a bag with a very odd dressing. Tepanyaki is always a fun show and usually tasty due to copius amounts of butterSpecial Features:
- Fun and ConsistentCaliBardDined on 7/13/2014Went here for a dinner with my nephew - a hungry 21 year old. We were seated within 15 minutes and the waitstaff was very attentive. We both had the "Prince" (a good dinner value with chicken, beef and shrimp) and a bit of sushi on the side. The sushi was fresh and well made. Our table was all adults and our table chef set aside most of the antics and concentrated on serving the food quickly and efficiently. He didn't speak much, but when he did, he was friendly. The table next to us was a birthday celebration and we enjoyed watching them have a great time. Recommended for a casual date or celebration time.Special Features:
- Birthday disappointmentJLT1005Dined on 7/13/2014I usually come to Kyoto Palace maybe around once a month. I brought my mom this time and it seemed like the staff was just bored. I told the hostess it was my mothers birthday and they forgot to acknowledge it until I brought it up which was after the bill was already delivered - the waitress had no enthusiasm and did not smile the entire time. Was very awkward and disappointingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014We went here for an early birthday dinner with our young children and had a blast! Very entertaining and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okay..need to remodelNinjaKimDined on 7/12/2014No what I expected, old tables & chef was boring. The waitress was friendly and were seated within 5 minutes.Special Features:
- A good night!EC312014Dined on 7/9/2014Kyoto palace is inconsistent with food taste, but tonight's dinner was flavored well....it is always a good place to go for something special with the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My daughters birthdayAthenaDined on 7/6/2014The chief did not do all the fun things that they normally do, it was my daughters birthday.Special Features:
- just oksbytasterDined on 6/28/2014I had the Kyoto special, which consist of lobster, scallops, and filet mignon. Lobster was good, scallops were really thin, " 1/16 inch in thickness but tasted good, the steak was very chewy, both my wife and I had to spit out pieces that were tough. The cost was 42.00 which was not worth it. If I were to go there again I would order chicken and shrimp.
- Food/Service/AmbienceFood4MeDined on 6/26/2014The food was very good although the scallops weren't prepared for one dish. We have come here several times and was glad to see that they updated their teppan tables or at least refinished them and what appears to be new cook tops. Our teppan cook however only did a couple demonstrations, i.e. tossed a couple items in his hat and had to be asked to make the onion volcano. There were 4 people in our group and one other person at the other end of the table. If the cook isn't going to "put on a show", you don't need a teppan table. So, was disappointed in the presentation aspect of dinner as this person was not a novice cook.Special Features:
- Always a fun dining experienceZGirlVIPDined on 6/25/2014Fresh. Fun. Entertaining. Teppan-style. See you soon.Special Features:
- Love it!4EsforkyotoDined on 6/22/2014We've been coming for years from Santa Cruz, and love it. It's our favorite restaurant. Miguel is our absolute favorite. So yummy, every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 535 reviews are from the Kyoto Palace Restaurant reviews archive.
- Fun night outLGDinerDined on 6/19/2014Went to Kyoto Palace for my daughter's 11th birthday, and she loved it!!! We all enjoyed the chef show and food! Next time we go, I'd be tempted to invite a couple of friends to ensure we get the table all to ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced. Service was the pits!HeatherDined on 6/18/2014Not worth the money! Waitress barely checked in on us for anything. Took 15 minutes for anyone to come for drinks before dinner. Food over priced and just ok. Rice was very good. Not going back . For the price of this place-go elsewhere!
- Teppanyaki The Right WayNotEasilyPleasedVIPDined on 6/15/2014This is Teppanyaki without all the MSG and salt. We really love good Teppanyaki but hate the MSG after effects. High quality food Teppanyaki experience, NICE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.