Kyoto Palace Restaurant
1875 S. Bascom Ave.
Campbell, CA 95008Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
Kyoto Palace Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kyotopalace.com/
- Phone: 408-377-6456
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday-Friday: 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM (sorry, no OPEN TABLE reservations accepted for Happy Hour)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Yih Chuang
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: We can do wedding receptions or family gatherings up to 180 people on Saturday and Sunday at 11:30 AM until 3:00 PM.
- Private Party Contact: Dale or Carl 408-377-6456
- Entertainment: KARAOKE WEDNESDAYS
Every Wednesday night from 7:00 PM- 11:00 PM. Enjoy the best sushi in the area while being entertained by our amateur singers.
- Cross Street: Campbell
- Public Transit: Bus stop directly in front of Shopping Center and Hamilton Ave. light rail stop walking distance.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Large surface area parking. Also a 4-level parking structure located 300 yards from our building. Drop off young children and elderly at curbside and park in the structure for easy check in.
A word from Kyoto Palace Restaurant
We are located in The Pruneyard Shopping Center in Campbell on the second floor since 1976. We are a teppanyaki restaurant where the chef "chops, dices and tosses your food right before your very eyes". We have the most skilled and entertaining chefs in the area. They will interact with you and your guests for that special occasion. It is a great place for birthdays, anniversaries, proms, graduations and best of all a great place to treat yourself to a fun night out. Enjoy great steaks, seafood and lobster. Also, enjoy the freshest and most exotic sushi prepared by masterful Sushi Chefs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Kyoto Palace Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Campbell ›
Kyoto Palace Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (74)special occasion (68)kid-friendly (55)neighborhood gem (16)great for lunch (10)hot spot (10)romantic (8)fit for foodies (7)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Off to College Party NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014This was the perfect way to send our daughter "off to college" with a gathering of friends and family @ Kyoto Palace! One of our favorite dining spots---plus Wed. night was karaoke night and we love to sing listen to music! Very enjoyable evening!Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014I went for my birthday, and had a great time. I used Open Table for my reservation and asked for a certain chef and told them it was my birthday. I guess they don't read any of the notes because we didn't get the chef I asked for and they didn't even know it was my birthday. The food was great, but I wouldn't put all the hopes into your directions on the reservation to be listened to. Would eat at again.Special Features:
- drcru@ cruzio.comDiArciDined on 8/17/20145 PM reservation was blocked out. we took 4:30P. Even with empty restaurant they would not honer our request to be seated until the entire party was there. Checked room at 5PM and 5:15 PM Still only 4 other tables taken. Food quality has really deteriorated. Service was mediocre. Server was not at all attentive. Always in a hurry. The entire attitude is one of doing everything for their convenience, not focusing on the customer. In the past we gathered at this restaurant several times a year, This visit is our last. They have several competitors, all offering superior service, better food, and as good or better ambiance. Most at a lower price. Location is Kyoto's only strong point.Special Features:
- eh just okmc10s0rDined on 8/15/2014Very hard to get the attention of anyone willing to take a second drink order. The food was not a great value for the money but that's not what you expect at a Tappan yakki place. Most of our party was entertained by the non-Japanese chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food. Hit or Miss ServiceAgitatedPatienceDined on 8/11/2014Every time I have been here the food has been fantastic! Reservation for 2 people. We arrived to find out there would be a wait, regardless of our reservation. After 30 min we were seated. We were the last ones seated at our table, our order was taken quickly, and we expected the chef to begin shortly there after. However, it took almost 50 min before our chef arrived at our table to START cooking. The whole experience was ~2.5 hours, and we even decided to skip the included desert out of fear of how much longer we'd wait for it. I expect this type of restaurant to take a bit longer, but every time I've been here there always seem to be unnecessarily long delays throughout the experience i.e. seating, food, checks, drink refills.Special Features:
- Fun placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2014The food was very good, the entertainment and energy of the chef was great. He made the evening very enjoyable, had a lot of good laughs and the kids loved it!Special Features:
- KitMenkinVIPDined on 8/5/2014Always take our grandchildren here for dinner, as well as we enjoy with friends.Special Features:
- Always a TREAT!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/5/2014Our family loves coming here as the menu has something for everyone. Even my picky 13-year-old craves the teriyaki steak! The sushi menu is great, too. The cocktail menu is outstanding. I enjoy the teppan shrimp appetizer so much that now I just order teppan shrimp as my meal. The kids menu is perfect for little appetites. The chefs are always entertaining. The wait staff is attentive, polite and very informative. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Tons of funDadWithAHatDined on 7/30/2014I had the chance to go with a work group. Lots of laughs, a cool vibe, plenty of energy and an entertaining group of employees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely Going BackpbandjamjamDined on 7/30/2014We ordered dinner plates that were outstanding. The hot soup that came first was wonderful and simple. It was followed by a cold ginger dressed salad that was yummy. The chef was entertaining although he looked like he was tired of the routine. He made a really cool picture of a rooster out of eggs. The fried rice he served up was also very good and all of that was topped off by a perfect main course. I had the scallops and they were cooked perfectly! My husband had spicy chicken and noodles and loved his too. We came with our six month old at his bedtime (6:30) and nobody seemed to mind while I stepped away to the corner to rock him to sleep. It was a great time overall and we'd definitely go back.Special Features:
- Long wait, mediocre foodTravelCrzyDined on 7/17/2014After making a reservatio through opentable we had to wait 10-15 past or reservation time to be seated only to wait another 45 minutes for our "chef" to arrive. Soup is dishwater, salad if from a bag with a very odd dressing. Tepanyaki is always a fun show and usually tasty due to copius amounts of butterSpecial Features:
- Fun and ConsistentCaliBardDined on 7/13/2014Went here for a dinner with my nephew - a hungry 21 year old. We were seated within 15 minutes and the waitstaff was very attentive. We both had the "Prince" (a good dinner value with chicken, beef and shrimp) and a bit of sushi on the side. The sushi was fresh and well made. Our table was all adults and our table chef set aside most of the antics and concentrated on serving the food quickly and efficiently. He didn't speak much, but when he did, he was friendly. The table next to us was a birthday celebration and we enjoyed watching them have a great time. Recommended for a casual date or celebration time.Special Features:
- Birthday disappointmentJLT1005Dined on 7/13/2014I usually come to Kyoto Palace maybe around once a month. I brought my mom this time and it seemed like the staff was just bored. I told the hostess it was my mothers birthday and they forgot to acknowledge it until I brought it up which was after the bill was already delivered - the waitress had no enthusiasm and did not smile the entire time. Was very awkward and disappointingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014We went here for an early birthday dinner with our young children and had a blast! Very entertaining and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okay..need to remodelNinjaKimDined on 7/12/2014No what I expected, old tables & chef was boring. The waitress was friendly and were seated within 5 minutes.Special Features:
- A good night!EC312014Dined on 7/9/2014Kyoto palace is inconsistent with food taste, but tonight's dinner was flavored well....it is always a good place to go for something special with the kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My daughters birthdayAthenaDined on 7/6/2014The chief did not do all the fun things that they normally do, it was my daughters birthday.Special Features:
- just oksbytasterDined on 6/28/2014I had the Kyoto special, which consist of lobster, scallops, and filet mignon. Lobster was good, scallops were really thin, " 1/16 inch in thickness but tasted good, the steak was very chewy, both my wife and I had to spit out pieces that were tough. The cost was 42.00 which was not worth it. If I were to go there again I would order chicken and shrimp.
- Food/Service/AmbienceFood4MeDined on 6/26/2014The food was very good although the scallops weren't prepared for one dish. We have come here several times and was glad to see that they updated their teppan tables or at least refinished them and what appears to be new cook tops. Our teppan cook however only did a couple demonstrations, i.e. tossed a couple items in his hat and had to be asked to make the onion volcano. There were 4 people in our group and one other person at the other end of the table. If the cook isn't going to "put on a show", you don't need a teppan table. So, was disappointed in the presentation aspect of dinner as this person was not a novice cook.Special Features:
- Always a fun dining experienceZGirlVIPDined on 6/25/2014Fresh. Fun. Entertaining. Teppan-style. See you soon.Special Features:
- Love it!4EsforkyotoDined on 6/22/2014We've been coming for years from Santa Cruz, and love it. It's our favorite restaurant. Miguel is our absolute favorite. So yummy, every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night outLGDinerDined on 6/19/2014Went to Kyoto Palace for my daughter's 11th birthday, and she loved it!!! We all enjoyed the chef show and food! Next time we go, I'd be tempted to invite a couple of friends to ensure we get the table all to ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced. Service was the pits!HeatherDined on 6/18/2014Not worth the money! Waitress barely checked in on us for anything. Took 15 minutes for anyone to come for drinks before dinner. Food over priced and just ok. Rice was very good. Not going back . For the price of this place-go elsewhere!
- Teppanyaki The Right WayNotEasilyPleasedVIPDined on 6/15/2014This is Teppanyaki without all the MSG and salt. We really love good Teppanyaki but hate the MSG after effects. High quality food Teppanyaki experience, NICE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KitMenkinVIPDined on 6/13/2014Always bring grandkids for their birthday here...sometimes with their friends. We always have a great time.Special Features:
- Wednesday Needs TrainingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/11/2014I have been enjoying Kyoto Palace for years and have enjoyed the service and food that we have ordered except on this past visit. All of the help seemed to be complaining about Wednesday's. Seem as if the regular staff has Weds. off and it really shows. Both in service and food quality, it just missed the mark. Looking forward to coming back on Fridays.
- PartyPartyDined on 6/6/2014we brought some friends that had never been before and the kids loved it. i really enjoy bringing kids there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grad dinnerpartyoffourDined on 6/4/2014Food and service were fantastic ! My sons favorite place. We had to get in and out in an hour so he could get to grad night . Everything was perfect !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so goodCaliforniagirl51Dined on 6/1/2014The atmosphere was pretty noisy. The place was observeably dirty, with greasy fans and duct tape on ceiling. Food was marginal- shrimp tasted not fresh, chicken was thigh meat only. For the price i expected better quality meat. Service was good but rushed. Will go to benihanas instead!
- My 1st choice for group dinnersBucketlist2014Dined on 5/16/2014If you've never been, request Jose and definitely order the fried rice!! They are my favorites @ Kyoto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service & CleanStingrayz07Dined on 5/15/2014The service was excellent. Much better than their competitors in the same market. The overall environment was very clean, unlike one of their rivals. Pricing was spot on but the flavor slightly lack that of others.Special Features:
- Okay but not GREAT!KrisDined on 5/11/2014The food was good but it isn't Benihana's! The scallops were great and the rest went downhill from there. The shrimp and calamari steaks were rubbery. The steak was pretty good but the food didn't have as much flavor as similar restaurants in this style. The chef was great!!! In the area I'd say this place is number three. 1. Benihana 2. Nijo Castle 3. Kyoto 4. House of Genji/CathySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entertainment?MothersdayDined on 5/11/2014The food was good. The fried rice is great & tasted fresh. However i was expecting (hopeing) for a little entertainment & interaction with the chief. We were there for mothers day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayLouiseDined on 5/11/2014Fantastic. We had reservations and did not have to wait. The owner poured Caampagne . He is always friendly. We always love dining at Kyoto palace.Special Features:
- Food made fun, NOT!!applespeachesssDined on 5/10/2014If your looking for a great place for dinner and some fun make a U turn and run while you can. My brother takes his girlfriend here for special occasions and always recommends that we go here. We took our mom for a mothers day dinner this past Saturday. I didn't complain because I was being courteous of my mother who hates complaining about anything. The cook was horrible. He was in a super bad mood and he never smiled. His cart was missing everything and he always had to stop and ask his not so good helpers to bring him things. He didn't make the rice into a shape or do anything fun. All he did was make everyone catch a piece of chicken and one weird looking volcano. For a bill of $200 for 5 people and bad service go else where.Special Features:
- One of our fav resturant!SFGIANTSFANDined on 5/5/2014Great staff and just love Ashley!! It was my daughter's birthday and her friends really enjoyed themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 519 reviews are from the Kyoto Palace Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great birthday/date night place!BdayboyDined on 5/2/2014We had such a great time celebrating my birthday this weekend at Kyoto palace. It was my first time there, my girlfriend recommended it and all my friends agreed it was going to be a fun time. I'm so glad we went there because we had a blast definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday placefoodmommaDined on 4/29/2014We always go here for any birthday work or at home. All the chef's are great and fun. Best place ever!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and DeliciouskeymusicloverDined on 4/29/2014I haven't been here in over 20 years and it was just as fun and the food was just as delicious as the last time I was here. My daughter actually tried the shrimp and LOVED it! This was a huge compliment to our chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 45 minute wait before the cook cameDejanDined on 4/25/2014The last few times that we have been to Kyoto Palace even with a reservation we have had to wait 15-30 minutes before being seated and then about the same before the cook comes to the table. They should either seat less parties without reservations or simply allow less reservations to be made.