Kyma - Atlanta
3085 Piedmont Rd.
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Kyma - Atlanta
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/kyma/
- Phone: 4042620702x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Pano I. Karatassos
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Kyma is available for private lunch events daily and private dinner events on Sundays. The club room is available for semi-private dinners for up to 40 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Nicholas Sousounis 4042620702x
A word from Kyma - Atlanta
Kyma is a contemporary Greek seafood tavern like no other. The cuisine is inventive yet approachable that is true to its Mediterranean origin. Kyma is dramatic, with a dazzling display of constellations on the deep blue ceiling, white marble columns and a bold fresh fish display. The welcoming patio, with its plush furniture and white linen curtains, offers the ideal setting to savor a glass of Greek wine and Kyma’s array of appetizers. Fresh, healthful food, attentive Greek hospitality and festive atmosphere await at Kyma. Proper dress is required. “A true labor of love. Bravo.” -The Atlanta Journal-ConstitutionContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kyma - Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
357 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (216)special occasion (213)romantic (139)notable wine list (77)neighborhood gem (75)good for groups (71)hot spot (46)vibrant bar scene (44)great for outdoor dining (20)kid-friendly (15)great for lunch (13)late-night find (8)great for brunch (8)scenic view (6)Show More
- Disappointed in the foodPeachyVIPDined on 9/15/2014We had heard such raving reviews about Kyma that we had to try it, but were disappointed in the food for the price of our meal.Special Features:
- PatioOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014We loved the patio atmosphere and being able to eat while sitting on a couch.Special Features:
- Excellent food !!AmyfoodaddictDined on 9/13/2014We were there for the celebration of vegetarian week and food was delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014As always, the food at Kyma was outstanding. We really enjoy eating family style off the Meze menu. Great for a group celebrating a special occasion. However the last two times we have dined here the service was lacking. This most recent trip it was particularly poor in terms of service. The table we were given was uneven and caused a number of spills.The wait staff spilled things and didn't even acknowledge it. The lamb chops we ordered didn't come out until 30 minutes after our dinner. We were told the lamb chops would be removed from the bill and then they were not removed. All in all a pretty dissappointing experience at a restaurant we have enjoyed in the past. For a meal this pricey the service should have been far better.Special Features:
- Yummy! Flavorful! Delicious!ShannonPaulDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I had a wonderful dinner at Kyma and will definitely be returning. It's a Greek restaurant and their menu is primary fish. Delicious fish. We had scallops and ahi tuna for starters. I had the Arctic Char fish dish and my husband had lamb chops. All was seasoned and flavored to perfection. It was a truly tasty delicious meal. You won't be disappointed...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Kyma!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Lots of vegan and vegetarian choices, and the app taster was a great choice to try many different things.Special Features:
- Authentic Greek CuisineHungryStigDined on 9/12/2014From tight adherence to the reservation (no wait), to the attentive service and delectable dishes, Kyma didn't disappoint. This is my second visit and both my girlfriend and I were pleased with the appetizers (spanikopita, cod fritters) main dishes (prawns and lamb chops), and the desert dishes (flour less chocolate cake and Greek doughnuts). I think the $30/person estimate is inaccurate, but the evening was worth the money and the staff was impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a kid friendly environmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Veni Vidi Vici was much better at customer service to my twin grandchildren. Kyma could take a few lessons from them. Am trying to teach my pre-school grandchildren to appreciate and become comfortable in a restaurant environment. It did not feel welcoming here. Children had to wait for food and no bread plate/munchie was offered to quell their appetite until their mean arrived. The waitress told me that kale came with my dinner, and when I said I wanted the greek fried instead, she charged me $7.00 instead of including them as a part of my meal. A disappointing experience.Special Features:
- Greek husband says best Greek food!Exercise2EatVIPDined on 9/11/2014We came here to celebrate our 10 year anniversary since we were married in Greece 10 yrs prior and we were visiting Atlanta for a getaway long weekend sans kids! We wanted to order all the meze appetizers and had a hard time narrowing our choices, but the server offered us 1/2 portions of some of them so we could try more! Grilled octopus was the best! But everything we tried was delicious... Htipiti spread, calamari, tomato salad. was very good and my husband had the lamb chops which he said was perfect. We were too full for dessert, but the server gave us tasting portions of the yogurt, honey and walnuts to round out our meal. Perfect, attentive, generous. Couldn't have asked for a better experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is not only fishRobertDined on 9/11/2014Last time we were not quite impresses by their fish. This time we changed. Lamb in all form was pretty good!Special Features:
- ExcellentHungryGirlVIPDined on 9/11/2014The food, service and drinks are all excellent. I love their vegan/vegetarian menu. I've been here multiple times and have never had anything that I didn't love. The bean stew, spanakopita and haricot varts are all awesome appetizers. Service is always on point. One of my favorite restaurants in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StellarBillyDined on 9/10/2014Time and time again Kyma is our place that NEVER disappoints. Great experience, great food, great staff!Special Features:
- DelishPepperDined on 9/8/2014First time at Kyma and I was pleasantly surprised. The menu looked complicated but he waitstaff did an excellent job offering advise. We had the artic char which is the beast fish I have ever had, all the side dishes were great watermelon and feta salad YUM, eggplant and onions YUM. All around great meal. I would dine their againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at KymaShaeDined on 9/7/2014The fish had too many bones, the wine was good and the spanokopita was ok.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/7/2014We have eaten here several times and usually get a variety of appetizers. THis time we were able to do the tasting menu and really enjoyed being able to have little bits of several things. The appetizers were served in very visually appealing presentations and everything was delicious. Food has gotten pricier over the couple years we've been coming, it would be too much if we didn't have the discount card from our summer dine around programSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedsashamDined on 9/7/2014We were very disappointed in Kyma. While the ahi tuna was wonderful, the filet mignon was marginal. The Greek doughnuts had little flavor beyond the honey topping. A restaurant this expensive should have exceptionally good food. Kyma didn't.
- Girls' Night OutCLKayDined on 9/7/2014We loved the appetizers and (Sunday night) small-plate grill specials. Ordered the lamb chops, prawns and a lot of appetizers and enjoyed tasting and sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the whole grilled fish!KateauDined on 9/7/2014Even when there are appealing specials available, the grilled fish (I had royal dorade on my last visit) is hard to pass up. The fish is always very fresh and perfectly cooked.Special Features:
- They made good on the delays....OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/7/2014We brought another couple to Kyma as it is one of our favorites and had a less impressive experience than usual. First one of them ordered a special as his entre and all of the other food was brought out except for that. Finally it came and when I asked him how it was, he replied "It's ok". Then we ordered 2 desserts between the 4 of us & waited a really long time for rice pudding and donuts. We were chatting and nobody timed it, but it was no longer "fun". Then the other person in the couple didn't really care for the donuts! How embarrassing as we rave about this restaurant!! Luckily our server went ahead and took the special and the desserts off the bill at no such request from us which helped to support our high opinion of Kyma.Special Features:
- Great TapasFoodieVIPDined on 9/7/2014We went on a Sunday for the tapas and it did not disappoint. The food was delicious as always.Special Features:
- bossladyVIPDined on 9/7/2014I love the fresh fish and mediterranean flare. I crave the grape leaves. Nice to see some basic items for young kids as well. Allows me to be the foodie and still expose my daughter to a finer dining option.Special Features:
- AwFoodLoverDined on 9/5/2014Awesome dining experience. The service is top-notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above par experienceDonnaGVIPDined on 9/3/2014We look forward to our next dinner there. Not only was the food was creative in the presentation, every was delectably enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is amazingMEWEDined on 9/3/2014My husband and I share everything. Our meal started with the Beet salad. The beet sorbet was fantastic and left us wanting more. We ordered snapper from the specialty menu and the lamb dish. Both were amazing. Our meal ended with a trio of deserts. All of which were yummy. Kyma has become one of my favorites in the group.Special Features:
- AmazedVeggieRobDined on 9/2/2014What a wonderful place to celebrate our 7th anniversary. Trying a new restaurant on a big occasion can be nerve racking. Kyma far exceeded my expectations. My wife was happy and the vegetarian menu made me happy. I’ve already recommended Kyma to everyone in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right Time CyclesidekickDined on 8/31/2014Restaurants cycle. Bad one Good One. This was a good one. Entry Staff was on the Ball. Server was also. Some appetizer ingredients had run out. Substitutes were Good. Ordered the "Greek Sea bass" Good presentation,before cooking and after. Brought our own wine. We're not "Fast Food" eaters. We were there maybe 2-1/2 Hours. We DO tip above the norm,even with poor food. Just as hard to serve good as bad. So server shouldn't be faulted,unless it is the server.Special Features:
- GrossOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014Food was gross and they were out of something we ordered and instead of telling us, they substituted a different item.
- not as good as I rememberNocooking4meDined on 8/31/2014the beet salad was tasty. the fish was good but they use to have more individual servings and now mostly it's a whole fish to share
- Amazing Food and Ambiancegeorgiegirl639Dined on 8/30/2014The octopus is a must! Don't miss this specialty--cooked perfectly and delicious--I've never had one so good, not even in Greece. We also had prawns fresh and perfectly cooked, and then a dessert sampling which capped off an exceptional dinner.Special Features:
- 40th birthday celebrationTracy74Dined on 8/30/2014Dined at Kyma with a group of 6 to celebrate 3 of our birthdays. Enjoyed the sampler menu. Service was outstanding. The spread sampler, Greek fries and spanikopita were especially delightgulSpecial Features:
- egbkDined on 8/29/2014The food is outstanding but during this last visit, the service was not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- make a meal on small plates!dinerDined on 8/29/2014The waiter was excellent, made good recommendations, knew the menu well. Had an issue with support staff reaching to clear plates more than once without asking (plates not empty so they should have asked). Some bones in fish. Lots of variety in small plate selection, all were delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eggplant for the winEricDined on 8/28/2014The eggplant stew is awesome as is the grilled octopus. The calamari, and catfish fritters were just okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Octopus changed!!!!ozwizardVIPDined on 8/28/2014We go to Kyma for the wonderful octopus. This time is was tough, big chunks- not the usual(Thursday night). Why did it change ? Please go back to the original!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive Fish,terrible WinelistGidgeDined on 8/27/2014Dinner with eagles and visitors from overseas. The fish at market price indicated at 29$ for 3/4lb ended up on the bill at 63$ pp, surprise! Wine list shows 99% of pricy Greek wines,most of them if not all, totally unknown to the common customer making it unfriendly. We ending up with a disappointing red wine who was recommended as being close to Pinot noir. It was not the case at all.They should diversify the list with New World wines. The waiter was professional but often forgot to refill the glasses. To end up on a positive note, the Mezes were excellent. A bit noisy for a business discussion.Special Features:
- Always a Delightful MealAMJnATLDined on 8/27/2014This was not my first trip to Kyma and most certainly will not be the last. Kyma is one of my favorites of the Buckhead Restaurant group dining establishments. The service is always spot on with courteous, knowledgeable and helpful servers along with delicious food. Past choices have included the Dover Sole, Skate Wing, and Lamb Chops and so wanted to try something different. The Block Island Swordfish was a new choice for me. The peppers, onions and tomatoes along with the Greek sausage was a delectable combination. I would definitely recommend the dish.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Greek CuisineGourmetettesVIPDined on 8/24/2014The food here is consistently delicious. My husband and I had three appetizers each instead of an entree, which was more than sufficient. The whole fish prices have gone up and seem high. I enjoyed the grilled octopus, scallops and prawns, while my husband enjoyed the calamari, salmon mouse and a lamb dish which he took home, since the other two appetizers (plus, tastes of mine) filled him up. Our table was in a noisy area, so it was not as enjoyable as when we have been seated along the outside edges of the dining room. Our waitperson was superb and very knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmienceEpeedsDined on 8/23/2014We had a reservation but we didn't get a table in the main dining room which seemed nicer. They put us across from the bar which was fine but nothing i would pick myself. Make sure you ask for a table in the main dining room if you care anout the ambience.
- Best Seafood in AtlantadlightVIPDined on 8/23/2014It was a very busy Saturday night and the kitchen and servers were on it. A flawless dinner. I can't order octopus anywhere else and not be disappointed compared to Kyma.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Fish Nirvana!LindaDined on 8/23/2014Just simply the best and freshest fish we have ever had! Clean Greek flavors and simple preparations. A gem in land-locked Atlanta.Special Features: