Kyma - Atlanta
3085 Piedmont Rd.
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Kyma - Atlanta
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/kyma/
- Phone: (404) 262-0702
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Pano I. Karatassos
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Kyma is available for private lunch events daily and private dinner events on Sundays. The club room is available for semi-private dinners for up to 40 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Nicholas Sousounis 4042620702x
A word from Kyma - Atlanta
Kyma is a contemporary Greek seafood tavern like no other. The cuisine is inventive yet approachable that is true to its Mediterranean origin. Kyma is dramatic, with a dazzling display of constellations on the deep blue ceiling, white marble columns and a bold fresh fish display. The welcoming patio, with its plush furniture and white linen curtains, offers the ideal setting to savor a glass of Greek wine and Kyma’s array of appetizers. Fresh, healthful food, attentive Greek hospitality and festive atmosphere await at Kyma. Proper dress is required. “A true labor of love. Bravo.” -The Atlanta Journal-ConstitutionContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kyma - Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
306 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (207)special occasion (187)romantic (114)notable wine list (69)neighborhood gem (68)good for groups (58)hot spot (40)vibrant bar scene (24)great for outdoor dining (12)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (10)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (4)Show More
- Scrumptious!AllyVIPDined on 11/16/2014Everything was just great! The lamb chops were grilled to perfection, and the scallops and spanakopita were unbelievable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food. Awesome Service!GregDined on 11/15/2014Nick and his team are incredible. This restaurant has become one of our favorites, both for the food, the ambiance and the service. Outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingjembuckDined on 11/15/2014Portions were small, not very tasty. My husband's whole fish was just that a whole fish.. no sides.. Service was slow. Not very impressive meal from any standpoint.
- heavenlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I love Kyma! Excellent food and excellent service. I went here for my anniversary, it was everything you would want in a fine dining experience. Great portion sizes, many options for appetizers (all equally delicious) and great drinks! I would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for vegans like usandymandDined on 11/14/2014My wife and I follow a vegan diet and a few weeks ago, we learned that Kyma has a vegan (and vegetarian) menu, so we made plans to go. Our server (Haley) was completely knowledgeable about the vegan menu and we enjoyed everything we ordered. (We did a bunch of small plates and split them between us.) We also try to avoid added oil and while we pretty much know that all bets are off when we dine out, we were pleased that none of the dishes were swimming in oil as they often are at other Mediterranean places. We had a great experience and will definitely come back. Oh, the only knock we had was the fish table wasn't an enjoyable sight for us. I suppose if we'd mentioned in our reservation that we didn't want to sit with it in view, we could have been accommodated. If you dig fish, this will not be a problem. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special NightBrookhavenDinerVIPDined on 11/12/2014We always schedule our celebrations at Kyma. The food is always delightful and different. The service and wine list are unmatched.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely worth a visitDHC1VIPDined on 11/12/2014The quality at Kyma is always excellent and always consistent. I go there for my favorite.. The grilled octopus, but their fresh fish is wonderful, as is their chicken. Had the quinoa salad which I also recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD BUT NOT GREATJulieKDined on 11/9/2014WE HAVE BEEN TO KYMA MANY TIMES. IT HAS BEEN OUR FAVORITE OF THE BUCKHEAD LIFE RESTAURANTS. WE OFTEN GO THERE FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONS. THE FOOD WASN'T QUITE AS GOOD AS IN THE PAST. GREAT BEET SALAD. MAYBE I WAS JUST NOT IN THE RIGHT MOOD. OVERALL, IT WAS GOOD BUT FOR AN EXPENSIVE DINNER, I WOULD LIKE "GREAT".Special Features:
- Kyma keeps on delivering best foodhotrodDined on 11/9/2014This is one of the best fish dinners I have ever had. It is a great place to eat. The food is wonderful and the service is great!Special Features:
- Great Ambianceatlfoodie827Dined on 11/8/2014I was immediately impressed after walking into the restaurant. The decor is very simple, yet elegant. My date and I had a reservation and we didn't have to wait for more than a minute to get seated at our table. The waiter was very helpful and knowledgeable regarding the menu and the wine selection. We purchased about 6-7 of the meze dishes and split them and it was more than enough food for us. I didn't try any of the non-veg options but considering how delicious the vegetarian options were, I'm certain the non-veg options are just as delicious!Special Features:
- Superb Dinner!BuckheadDinerVIPDined on 11/7/2014The chef's special monkfish entrée was excellent!! The appetizers were fantastic. Service was perfect.Special Features:
- Does Not DisappointoRichardDined on 11/1/2014My wife and I have gradually made our way through most of the Buckhead Life restaurants. Eating at these places has been a real treat. However, a friend told us that Kyma was his favorite. I can now see why. The food was fantastic! My wife and I ordered the Meze and whole fish dinner. We had the 4 spreads plus spanikopita, mussels, lamb pie, octopus, and lavraki. Everything was good, but the octopus and lamb pie were absolutely noteworthy. Don't be turned off by the thought of octopus. This will change your mind about anything you ever thought about octopus. And the lamb pie...oh! I highly recommend Kyma, just be prepared to spend some money.Special Features:
- Always good.ACDCACVIPDined on 11/1/2014Octopus delicious as always. Lovraki prepared perfectly. Service was great. Only complaint is that they often only have larger whole fish that end up being too much food and are very costly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for Greek and vegans!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/31/2014The restaurant is beautiful inside, especially in the bar area. They have the most delicious fish. They have a separate vegan and vegetarian menu that is outstanding. Very friendly, attentive service. The Greek wines are lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek LovedineOmiteDined on 10/27/2014Recently returned from trip to Greece, and wanted to extend the experience by dining at Kyma. Their food is so good, and the hospitality of servers is always delightful. Often we opt for the meze (small appetizer) dinner with or without fish, but on this occasion we ordered specials and a few of the meze to share. Favorite dishes were the lamb two ways, monkfish, grilled octopus, and our calamari-loving son said Kyma's was the best he has had - so tender. We were celebrating one son's birthday, and they brought us a complimentary dessert. I wish I could write happy birthday in delicious chocolate as beautifully as they do! You can't always go to Greece, but you can go to Kyma!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious down to every detail.ATLfoodloveDined on 10/24/2014My boyfriend and I recently came here for his birthday. We started with drinks from their updated drink menu, and they were not only unique choices, but absolutely delicious. I have the Dolmades, grape leaves, for an appetizer, and he chose the grilled octopus. Both were amazing. I'm a vegetarian and they had a seperare began and vegetarian menu. This was great because many upscale restaurants only offer a few vegan/vegetarian menu items. I chose the " spanakopitas" which was a perfectly grilled eggplant with goat cheese feta that melted in my mouth. My boyfriend had the blacken swordfish and he loved it. Every single item we ate was delicious. I would highly recommend Kyma to anyone that's a lover of authentic Mediterranean food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!LadypilotDined on 10/24/2014Whenever we make the trip to Atlanta, we like to dine at one of our favorite restaurants, Kyma. The seafood is always ultra-fresh and deliciously prepared. Highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Business DinnerWes1Dined on 10/22/2014I'm glad I selected Kyma for dinner with clients this week; from the time we were greeted outside the facility to entering and seeing the display of fish on ice to being seated was perfect. The service was great & the food was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food ExperienceBirdDawgVIPDined on 10/20/2014We decided to select the Prix Fixe menu which provided a variety of selections to try and enjoy (4 spreads w/ Pita, 4 Meze dishes and a whole fish served table side). The selections were brought to the table in a staggered fashion so that the presentation was not overwhelming and it allowed my table to talk and not feel rushed through our meal. The food quality was excellent and the service was really good. Personnel favorites from this meal had to be the octopus and the mussels! I had not been to kyma for over 10-years, but I will go back soon!Special Features:
- Upscale Greek, Great SeafoodTravelDinerVIPDined on 10/18/2014We visited Kyma with another couple to celebrate their engagement. Busy but not overcrowded for a Saturday evening. We shared grilled octopus to start. I generally don't like octopus much, but this was delicious. Large chunks, slightly charred outside, were firm and meaty and sweet. I ordered giant prawns sautéed in olive oil, garlic and lemon, served with kale, and a side of gigante beans stewed in tomato sauce. The kale was a bit drab, but prawns were perfectly cooked and flavorful. Beans also perfect, just the right texture and very tasty. Two others had filet of dover sole, slightly crisp from the pan. For dessert, we shared yogurt with honey and spiced nuts, and an order of doughnuts. Yogurt was fantastic! Very rich and creamy.Special Features:
- Great All Around PlaceLuv2dineDined on 10/17/2014Yum, yum. The octopus was as advertised. Great lamb pie. Lamb chops were cooked to perfection. Our waiter was fabulous. He was very knowledgable and helpful in guiding us though the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Start with the octopuslocaldinerVIPDined on 10/11/2014Seriously. Even if you think you won't like it. All the plates we ordered were well designed visually. If you think you know Greek food you are probably thinking of the wrong kind of restaurant, this is flavorful but balanced. Mostly centered on fish, grilled to perfection the overall meal is delightfully light. So start with the octopus and end with either the galaktoboureko or the baklava- both of which shine here. Not the overly heavy stuff you are familiar with, but light and crunchy.Special Features:
- ExpensivefbmakeupVIPDined on 10/10/2014The food was delicious, but far too expensive. We do not mind high prices, if you get at least a decent portion. Ridiculous.
- MunchVIPDined on 10/7/2014Evsrything was delicious. We enjoyed the appetizers and the five choices of meme. Was a bit disappointed in the dessert. We got the sampler and itwasjustthat. A sampler. Not mucho share.Special Features:
- awesomeBrettDined on 10/6/2014The food was exceptional as always and we were very pleased with the service as our waiter did a great job of making our evening very special! We will be back!Special Features:
- Another Terrific MealconvoyhelmVIPDined on 10/5/2014As always, Kyma delivered. Our waitress was wonderful, the food was tasty, and it was a lovely evening out. The salmon pie was a bit disappointing, but everything else was satisfying and yummy. We've been eating at Kyma since it first opened and it's a reliable go-to spot.Special Features:
- Favorite RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/5/2014Kyma is my favorite restaurant in Atlanta and never disappoints. The service is always great and the food is always excellent.Special Features:
- Great Greek FoodRobertVIPDined on 10/5/2014Our first time at Kyma. Sara was our waitress. She was great. Gf wanted dry red wine, she brought 2 samples, & Gf impressed with selections. Sara also suggested we try appetizers instead of a meal. We tried 5 at Sara,s suggestion & loved them. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Great food and serviceNolepalVIPDined on 10/5/2014Enjoyed a nice evening of small plates & fish at Kyma. Patrick, our server, was great. Only con was when we ordered one dessert sampler to share (we were full & both didn't want alot of added sugar and calories, only a small taste after dinner) we were brought two samplers being told that the chef didn't think one should be shared (have done this every time in the past at Kyma & this has never been handled this way). So this led to both of us overeating & eating more sugars & calories when we should not have. I understand the nice gesture by the chef but there are reasons people order portioned controlled meals & that should be honored not dismissed. One sampler was plenty for two to share & get enjoyment from the dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodSteveNLisaVIPDined on 10/3/2014The grilled octopus au always great. The new version if the skate wing is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste of GreeceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/30/2014Great restaurant to get in touch with your Greek side, if you have one.Special Features:
- NOT what we expectedoneyedogDined on 9/30/2014Maybe it was ANOTHER "off" night? Been here before, were disappointed, but gave it another try because we had a coupon. We had to ask to hear the specials because our server didn't bother to volunteer the info. Most of our meal was flavorless - instead of distinct, flavorful Greek food we have had elsewhere. Nothing on the menu was particularly compelling, (don't push octopus so hard!) so we split the Meze plate. Btw, it wasn't clear to us that the price was $34 per person, not $34 total! So we spent $68 for some of the most disappointing food we've had in a very long time. Undercooked to RAW prawns, dolmades like cigar butts, and Saganaki like rawhide that was so salty we could not eat it. I've had better Greek food off a food truck!
- anniversaryrajeevDined on 9/29/2014very noticeable place knowledgeable staff and great experiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service is greatseanVIPDined on 9/29/2014James is great and knows the menu well. He made great recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerAmiramomDined on 9/28/2014My husband and I chose Kyma for our anniversary dinner. We were not disappointed. The food was outstanding and so was the service. We will definitely come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busienss DinnerSnowball69Dined on 9/28/2014Was able to hear each other speak easily. Service staff not intrusive and professional. Greek food was much better than expected. I wanted my Asian guest to experience the many Greek appetizers; well done Kyma. Example: Dolmades are normally from a can in most Greek restaurants, but these appear made on site and exceptionally well flavored. Same can be said of the Spanokopita, fresh in taste with excellent balance with the cheese & spinach. The Octopus was soft and melted in your mouth, not chewy or rubbery. The Saganaki was well prepared without the showiness of lighting brandy on fire and everyone screaming Opa. The fresh sea bass was prepared perfectly and the capiers were an excellent touch. Fish was well filleted with minimal bones.Special Features:
- Always a treatBillybobDined on 9/28/2014This is a great place to order several appetizers instead of an entree and be fully satiated and satisfied. The mussels, octopus and eggplant dishes were quite good. The snapper special was good, but not as good as the fish dishes at The Fishmarket.
- Great place.Special1Dined on 9/28/2014My wife and I went for her birthday. It was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food againFredLDined on 9/26/2014Although part of our order got messed up, what we got was excellent and we enjoyed our variety of appetizers. Fun and interesting place to go.Special Features:
- Memorable eveningmidtownerVIPDined on 9/26/2014Having difficulty deciding what to order we selected the option of the pita with 4 different spreads and 5 mezze dishes. Wow! From the amazingly tender and flavorful octopus, the spicy lamb in phyllo and the beautiful plump mussels in a sauce laced with feta, we feasted. These were our favorite choices although the calamari and the tomato salad were good also. Excellent wine choices were available as well as several wine specials. The molten chocolate lava cake was delicious. A happy and memorable ending to Buckhead Life's Summer Dine Around Program. And finally, thanks to our delightful and charming server Sarah who offered great advice and impeccable service.Special Features: