Kyma - Atlanta
3085 Piedmont Rd.
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Kyma - Atlanta
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/kyma/
- Phone: 4042620702x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Pano I. Karatassos
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Kyma is available for private lunch events daily and private dinner events on Sundays. The club room is available for semi-private dinners for up to 40 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Nicholas Sousounis 4042620702x
A word from Kyma - Atlanta
Kyma is a contemporary Greek seafood tavern like no other. The cuisine is inventive yet approachable that is true to its Mediterranean origin. Kyma is dramatic, with a dazzling display of constellations on the deep blue ceiling, white marble columns and a bold fresh fish display. The welcoming patio, with its plush furniture and white linen curtains, offers the ideal setting to savor a glass of Greek wine and Kyma’s array of appetizers. Fresh, healthful food, attentive Greek hospitality and festive atmosphere await at Kyma. Proper dress is required. “A true labor of love. Bravo.” -The Atlanta Journal-ConstitutionContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kyma - Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
357 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (231)special occasion (213)romantic (134)notable wine list (79)neighborhood gem (75)good for groups (63)hot spot (43)vibrant bar scene (29)great for outdoor dining (18)kid-friendly (14)great for lunch (10)late-night find (8)great for brunch (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Food ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/20/2014We decided to select the Prix Fixe menu which provided a variety of selections to try and enjoy (4 spreads w/ Pita, 4 Meze dishes and a whole fish served table side). The selections were brought to the table in a staggered fashion so that the presentation was not overwhelming and it allowed my table to talk and not feel rushed through our meal. The food quality was excellent and the service was really good. Personnel favorites from this meal had to be the octopus and the mussels! I had not been to kyma for over 10-years, but I will go back soon!Special Features:
- Upscale Greek, Great SeafoodTravelDinerVIPDined on 10/18/2014We visited Kyma with another couple to celebrate their engagement. Busy but not overcrowded for a Saturday evening. We shared grilled octopus to start. I generally don't like octopus much, but this was delicious. Large chunks, slightly charred outside, were firm and meaty and sweet. I ordered giant prawns sautéed in olive oil, garlic and lemon, served with kale, and a side of gigante beans stewed in tomato sauce. The kale was a bit drab, but prawns were perfectly cooked and flavorful. Beans also perfect, just the right texture and very tasty. Two others had filet of dover sole, slightly crisp from the pan. For dessert, we shared yogurt with honey and spiced nuts, and an order of doughnuts. Yogurt was fantastic! Very rich and creamy.Special Features:
- Great All Around PlaceLuv2dineDined on 10/17/2014Yum, yum. The octopus was as advertised. Great lamb pie. Lamb chops were cooked to perfection. Our waiter was fabulous. He was very knowledgable and helpful in guiding us though the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Start with the octopuslocaldinerVIPDined on 10/11/2014Seriously. Even if you think you won't like it. All the plates we ordered were well designed visually. If you think you know Greek food you are probably thinking of the wrong kind of restaurant, this is flavorful but balanced. Mostly centered on fish, grilled to perfection the overall meal is delightfully light. So start with the octopus and end with either the galaktoboureko or the baklava- both of which shine here. Not the overly heavy stuff you are familiar with, but light and crunchy.Special Features:
- ExpensivefbmakeupVIPDined on 10/10/2014The food was delicious, but far too expensive. We do not mind high prices, if you get at least a decent portion. Ridiculous.
- MunchVIPDined on 10/7/2014Evsrything was delicious. We enjoyed the appetizers and the five choices of meme. Was a bit disappointed in the dessert. We got the sampler and itwasjustthat. A sampler. Not mucho share.Special Features:
- awesomeBrettDined on 10/6/2014The food was exceptional as always and we were very pleased with the service as our waiter did a great job of making our evening very special! We will be back!Special Features:
- Another Terrific MealconvoyhelmVIPDined on 10/5/2014As always, Kyma delivered. Our waitress was wonderful, the food was tasty, and it was a lovely evening out. The salmon pie was a bit disappointing, but everything else was satisfying and yummy. We've been eating at Kyma since it first opened and it's a reliable go-to spot.Special Features:
- Favorite RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/5/2014Kyma is my favorite restaurant in Atlanta and never disappoints. The service is always great and the food is always excellent.Special Features:
- Great Greek FoodRobertVIPDined on 10/5/2014Our first time at Kyma. Sara was our waitress. She was great. Gf wanted dry red wine, she brought 2 samples, & Gf impressed with selections. Sara also suggested we try appetizers instead of a meal. We tried 5 at Sara,s suggestion & loved them. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Great food and serviceNolepalVIPDined on 10/5/2014Enjoyed a nice evening of small plates & fish at Kyma. Patrick, our server, was great. Only con was when we ordered one dessert sampler to share (we were full & both didn't want alot of added sugar and calories, only a small taste after dinner) we were brought two samplers being told that the chef didn't think one should be shared (have done this every time in the past at Kyma & this has never been handled this way). So this led to both of us overeating & eating more sugars & calories when we should not have. I understand the nice gesture by the chef but there are reasons people order portioned controlled meals & that should be honored not dismissed. One sampler was plenty for two to share & get enjoyment from the dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodSteveNLisaVIPDined on 10/3/2014The grilled octopus au always great. The new version if the skate wing is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste of GreeceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/30/2014Great restaurant to get in touch with your Greek side, if you have one.Special Features:
- NOT what we expectedoneyedogDined on 9/30/2014Maybe it was ANOTHER "off" night? Been here before, were disappointed, but gave it another try because we had a coupon. We had to ask to hear the specials because our server didn't bother to volunteer the info. Most of our meal was flavorless - instead of distinct, flavorful Greek food we have had elsewhere. Nothing on the menu was particularly compelling, (don't push octopus so hard!) so we split the Meze plate. Btw, it wasn't clear to us that the price was $34 per person, not $34 total! So we spent $68 for some of the most disappointing food we've had in a very long time. Undercooked to RAW prawns, dolmades like cigar butts, and Saganaki like rawhide that was so salty we could not eat it. I've had better Greek food off a food truck!
- anniversaryrajeevDined on 9/29/2014very noticeable place knowledgeable staff and great experiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service is greatseanVIPDined on 9/29/2014James is great and knows the menu well. He made great recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerAmiramomDined on 9/28/2014My husband and I chose Kyma for our anniversary dinner. We were not disappointed. The food was outstanding and so was the service. We will definitely come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busienss DinnerSnowball69Dined on 9/28/2014Was able to hear each other speak easily. Service staff not intrusive and professional. Greek food was much better than expected. I wanted my Asian guest to experience the many Greek appetizers; well done Kyma. Example: Dolmades are normally from a can in most Greek restaurants, but these appear made on site and exceptionally well flavored. Same can be said of the Spanokopita, fresh in taste with excellent balance with the cheese & spinach. The Octopus was soft and melted in your mouth, not chewy or rubbery. The Saganaki was well prepared without the showiness of lighting brandy on fire and everyone screaming Opa. The fresh sea bass was prepared perfectly and the capiers were an excellent touch. Fish was well filleted with minimal bones.Special Features:
- Always a treatBillybobDined on 9/28/2014This is a great place to order several appetizers instead of an entree and be fully satiated and satisfied. The mussels, octopus and eggplant dishes were quite good. The snapper special was good, but not as good as the fish dishes at The Fishmarket.
- Great place.Special1Dined on 9/28/2014My wife and I went for her birthday. It was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food againFredLDined on 9/26/2014Although part of our order got messed up, what we got was excellent and we enjoyed our variety of appetizers. Fun and interesting place to go.Special Features:
- Memorable eveningmidtownerVIPDined on 9/26/2014Having difficulty deciding what to order we selected the option of the pita with 4 different spreads and 5 mezze dishes. Wow! From the amazingly tender and flavorful octopus, the spicy lamb in phyllo and the beautiful plump mussels in a sauce laced with feta, we feasted. These were our favorite choices although the calamari and the tomato salad were good also. Excellent wine choices were available as well as several wine specials. The molten chocolate lava cake was delicious. A happy and memorable ending to Buckhead Life's Summer Dine Around Program. And finally, thanks to our delightful and charming server Sarah who offered great advice and impeccable service.Special Features:
- Greek DelightLynchpinVIPDined on 9/26/2014Kyma is consistent. The food is authentic Greek - rich in flavor and aroma of the Greek isles. Service is friendly, informative, and attentive. We always are fully satisfied. Kyma is one our regular stops in Buckhead.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/23/2014We really liked the food and the ambiance. The restaurant is beautiful but I found the chairs to be uncomfortable. Service is average. We had a reservation but still had to wait 40 minutes. We waited at the bar and at any point in time snacks or even water was offered to us. Other than that the food was great and prices are reasonable for the food quality. We were disappointed with the service but the food made it worth.Special Features:
- Great dessertsScooterDined on 9/23/2014All the food is very good but save room for dessert! They are spectacular!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Seafood and ExperienceSouthernmommaDined on 9/22/2014We decided to try something new for our Anniversary dinner. The wait staff at Kyma was impeccable The food was good - for those who enjoy seafood and small plates, this is a fun option. We tried their Meze dining option and ordered 5 different small plates and the spreads sampler. The Eggplant and the Roasted Red Pepper spreads were amazing! The potato spread left much to be desired and we all but left it on the plate. Nice, smooth and thick tzatziki spread as well. We went with our server suggestions: Grilled Octopus, Calamari, Prawns, Spicy Lamb Pie, and Greek Fries. Everything was cooked perfectly and nicely plated. In the future, I would pass on the bland Octopus and boring fries for another Lamb Pie - that was incredible.Special Features:
- Octopus was a Little OffEricVIPDined on 9/21/2014The eggplant was delicious as well, but the Octopus wasnt cooked well on this visit. Hopefully just a bad night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A dining experience to remember!RosereveiwsDined on 9/21/2014We were warmly greeted and taken to a fabulous table as we requested on our reservations. Miglena was our server and she was WONDERFUL. Our food was exceptional. We had the Meze's, appetizer (grilled octopus), and whole fish (monk fish). WOW! The food was out of this world and so was the service We felt so special even though it had been several years. Miglena even reminded us how long it had been. She felt like a friend by the time we finished our wonderful dining experience. Well felt pampered and we left with delightfully full tummies and smiles on our face. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great FoodPhilPittDined on 9/21/2014Lot's of great appetizers. Not your average offerings. Beet salad was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experienceGrelaVIPDined on 9/21/2014The food was delicious! The entire staff from front desk to Manager was welcoming, friendly and very knowledgeable. Service was very slow but other then that everything was superb!Special Features:
- PriceyDinersRUsVIPDined on 9/21/2014We were surprised by the Sunday menu which apparently features small portions ("appetizers"), whole fish, and grilled meats. We had expected entree options that we have enjoyed in the past. We found the "appetizer" options to be very pricey. The menu and our server recommended 5-6 "appetizers" for a couple to share, but we found this to be more food than we needed. The food was tasty, but we didn't enjoy the meal as much as we have in the past.
- Amazing MealpinkfloydVIPDined on 9/19/2014Kyma has always been a very solid experience and most of the time we order the Meze tasting menu as it offers a varied combinations of excellent items. This time though we wanted something a little different... Cory, our waiter and Nick the manager helped us create a menu that was truly amazing with all the flavors that were fresh and unusual and portions that were sufficient to share. Pano was "testing" a new spit out back with a de-boned lamb rolled up on it. We were the 1st to try it and it was absolutely fantastic. Pano made sure to check up on us to get our opinion of the lamb. It was great to see him check up on the guests to see how they liked something new. Great experience!Special Features:
- PLEASE go easy on the vinegar!!!gailz333VIPDined on 9/18/2014This was our fourth time eating at Kyma. The last two times were pretty good, the first and last time were alright. The food tends to be on the vinegary side; the salad, the fish dressing...and why so many capers.....that's just more vinegar! The sauce we received with the cod fritters was tasteless. The cod fritters and zucchini fritters could otherwise be named cod fritter marshmellows and zucchini fritter marshmallows. Food is at it's best closest to it's natural form, that's all I'm saying. No one beats the fried zucchini from Maggiano's Little Italy. The fish, Lavraki, was cooked a tad too much. The best menu item by far was the grilled octopus. It was tasty and tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLeloDined on 9/18/2014Great food and presentation. Moderate noise level so you can carry on a conversation without yelling like some places. Ordering multiple small plates or appetizers is sufficient for us and many lighter eaters. Great place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique & interesting foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/17/2014There is no other spot in town with such a delicious Mediterranean menu. We tried the "Tasting" Menu that included the Dover Sole. Everything we ordered was very good but the Octopus(excellent) & the Lamb Pie we the best of the small plates. The Dover Sole is always wonderful. Great Spot!!Special Features:
- Disappointed in the foodPeachyVIPDined on 9/15/2014We had heard such raving reviews about Kyma that we had to try it, but were disappointed in the food for the price of our meal.Special Features:
- PatioOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014We loved the patio atmosphere and being able to eat while sitting on a couch.Special Features:
- Excellent food !!AmyfoodaddictDined on 9/13/2014We were there for the celebration of vegetarian week and food was delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014As always, the food at Kyma was outstanding. We really enjoy eating family style off the Meze menu. Great for a group celebrating a special occasion. However the last two times we have dined here the service was lacking. This most recent trip it was particularly poor in terms of service. The table we were given was uneven and caused a number of spills.The wait staff spilled things and didn't even acknowledge it. The lamb chops we ordered didn't come out until 30 minutes after our dinner. We were told the lamb chops would be removed from the bill and then they were not removed. All in all a pretty dissappointing experience at a restaurant we have enjoyed in the past. For a meal this pricey the service should have been far better.Special Features:
- Yummy! Flavorful! Delicious!ShannonPaulDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I had a wonderful dinner at Kyma and will definitely be returning. It's a Greek restaurant and their menu is primary fish. Delicious fish. We had scallops and ahi tuna for starters. I had the Arctic Char fish dish and my husband had lamb chops. All was seasoned and flavored to perfection. It was a truly tasty delicious meal. You won't be disappointed...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.