Kyma - Atlanta
3085 Piedmont Rd.
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Kyma - Atlanta
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/kyma/
- Phone: 4042620702x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Pano I. Karatassos
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Kyma is available for private lunch events daily and private dinner events on Sundays. The club room is available for semi-private dinners for up to 40 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Nicholas Sousounis 4042620702x
A word from Kyma - Atlanta
Kyma is a contemporary Greek seafood tavern like no other. The cuisine is inventive yet approachable that is true to its Mediterranean origin. Kyma is dramatic, with a dazzling display of constellations on the deep blue ceiling, white marble columns and a bold fresh fish display. The welcoming patio, with its plush furniture and white linen curtains, offers the ideal setting to savor a glass of Greek wine and Kyma’s array of appetizers. Fresh, healthful food, attentive Greek hospitality and festive atmosphere await at Kyma. Proper dress is required. “A true labor of love. Bravo.” -The Atlanta Journal-ConstitutionContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kyma - Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
324 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (197)special occasion (197)romantic (134)notable wine list (71)neighborhood gem (67)good for groups (65)hot spot (44)vibrant bar scene (36)great for outdoor dining (18)kid-friendly (15)great for lunch (13)late-night find (9)great for brunch (9)scenic view (6)Show More
- AmienceEpeedsDined on 8/23/2014We had a reservation but we didn't get a table in the main dining room which seemed nicer. They put us across from the bar which was fine but nothing i would pick myself. Make sure you ask for a table in the main dining room if you care anout the ambience.
- Best Seafood in AtlantadlightVIPDined on 8/23/2014It was a very busy Saturday night and the kitchen and servers were on it. A flawless dinner. I can't order octopus anywhere else and not be disappointed compared to Kyma.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Fish Nirvana!LindaDined on 8/23/2014Just simply the best and freshest fish we have ever had! Clean Greek flavors and simple preparations. A gem in land-locked Atlanta.Special Features:
- Always a complete pleasureJSF22VIPDined on 8/23/2014We love Kyma. The meze tasting menu is always fresh, creative, and delicious. The service is always warm and knowledgeable. Highest recommendation.Special Features:
- HabortownregularVIPDined on 8/22/2014Always excellent--meze and fish are our favorites!Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/22/2014This was our 2nd visit to Kyma and it didn't disappoint. The food was amazing and the whole staff was friendly and accommodating. On our first visit we had an amazing server and this time he was just OK - explained dishes and checked on us enough times just wasn't the liveliest of people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kyma great as usualLynneVIPDined on 8/21/2014Good Greek food, excellent attentive service. Prices high but appropriate for this classy restaurant. The back area is quiet enough for conversation.Special Features:
- Buckhead Life Dine AroundDixieVIPDined on 8/21/2014I am very much enjoying dining around town with Buckhead Life's summer promotion! I love the $25 off at Buckhead's best and most notable restaurants, and I really appreciate the special attention the expert staff gives to their loyal customers.Special Features:
- menu great but a little confusinglove2eatoutDined on 8/20/2014The food was great and the service excellent. The menu was a little confusing, but we managed to get our waiter to clarify.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine, but flawedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2014I love Kyma, OK? Especially that grilled octopus. The fish is fresh. The spanakopita are way too full of butter, which is fine with me. They are nice about saving the honoree's dessert and present to be presented at meal's end when you do a birthday there. And the portions are, usually, generous, but not overpowering. But on Wednesday night, the lamb dish one of the guests got was more app than main. The skate wing and sole were both lovely, and I'll go back without hesitation. But when you're in a place owned by a guy named Pano and it's less lamb than expected ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinnerloves2eatDined on 8/20/2014I wanted to introduce a couple to Kyma. It is one of my favorites in town for business and personal dining. They had not dined there previously. Since it was both our anniversaries, this would be perfect. The meal and service was everything I thought it would be. They loved it! So much that one of my guest indicated he was going to bring a business partner there the next day. Great job. The service and food are always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedzzzzVIPDined on 8/17/2014Very confusing menu, overpriced. Food was mediocre.
- Salty FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2014This was our first time at Kyma. We tried to MonkFish for two, the fish was well prepared but too much salt in the sauces. Service was competent and the ambience good, but not outstanding.Special Features:
- PerfectionDBenedettoVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was our first visit to Kyma and it will not be our last. We can't wait to bring our foodie friends back with us.Special Features:
- Best Greek Restaurant20AnniversaryDined on 8/15/2014After many visits Through the years to Kima, they keep their selection in the menu a Most Have. In special the Octopus, which is always ordered and never disappointed. This last Friday, Aug 15th 2014, our waitress was Eleni, and she gave us her recommendation for our diner and a very good Greek white wine; we had maybe the best experience after at least 15 previous visitsSpecial Features:
- An Eating ExperienceBonBonDined on 8/15/2014From the moment you are seated & your waitperson assists you, you know you can count on an exceptional dining experience w/delectable foods. Always a dining experience that never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect birthday celebrationTrixiEatsVIPDined on 8/15/2014We celebrated my mother's birthday at one of our favorite places - Kyma. Had the same waitperson as we did a few weeks earlier - Haley. She remembered us and was as friendly and helpful as ever. We had the Mediterranean tasting menu featuring assorted spreads, selection of appetizers and grilled whole fish. Grilled octopus, braised artichokes, spanakopita - all of it was delicious. Accompanied by a crisp Greek white wine. For dessert this night, there was a fig tart special. Yum! The perfect end to a wonderful birthday dinner!Special Features:
- Good food and mellow atmosphereFoodLoverVIPDined on 8/13/2014Me and my fiancé went and it was romantic with good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb service, great staffcjayceeDined on 8/13/2014we don't get to Atlanta often but when we do, this is our number one choice. when we arrive at Kyma we feel genuinely welcomed; the wait staff knows the dishes, the wine, the customers' expectations. the location is perfect for Buckhead visitors especially. food is well presented---for example, the codfish cakes were both delicious and quite attractive. Excellent spot. Lamb is especially good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JennyJENNYVDined on 8/13/2014The waitress was awesome. Left feeling catered to. Food delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experiencethereseDined on 8/12/2014Service was exceptional - loved Jessica! Food was fantastic. Will definitely visit again. Freshest fish in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buckhead's AcropolisBernieRoswellDined on 8/10/2014As always we enjoyed returning to a beautiful restaurant with the cuisine and service that is superb...our favorite BLG restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/10/2014We had the dine around card for Kyma and before we had not had good luck with our choices. This time we had a fabulous meal we had a whole fish that our waitress recommended and it was cooked and presented beautifully, we will definitely not wait till we get another dine around card to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joebDined on 8/10/2014Food was perfectly prepared and absolutely outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As AlwaysEdZaDined on 8/9/2014Food was excellent, as always! Every course was very good. The recommended wine was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014This restaurant always pleases. The fresh fish and Mediterranean cuisine never fail to delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always consistent.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Great fresh seafood. Very attentive staff. Always suggest new items to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingmisspDined on 8/8/2014Wonderful food and wonderful staff. The atmosphere was nice and inviting. What enjoyed the most beside the food was knew our names when we walked in. It was my boyfriends birthday and he got the royal treatment. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kyma always deliversKKJJVIPDined on 8/8/2014Great service here with a young lady named Haley. She wants to make sure its an enjoyable dining experience. Very helpful with the menu and knowledge of various appetizers. Everything was really good, especially the mussels. The only reason they receive a four rating is the calamari. Small serving for 15, and not as tasty as at places such as Fish Market, Ocean Prime, and Agave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointingDrGBVIPDined on 8/7/2014I dine at Kyma at least 2-3 times per year. The food is always good, and the servers are always pleasant.Special Features:
- Cant stay awaymonyhngryDined on 8/7/2014While it can get pricey very fast, I cant stay away. I blame this mostly on their Philosopher martini. Its the best cucumber martini in the city. Generally I sit on the patio, the dining room area makes me feel like i have to be quiet and talk in hushed tones. the patio makes me feel like I can laugh out loud at a joke my dinner companinon may have told.. This visit was like my 5th in a year, and I have had impeccable service everytime I've gone. I think each time I've left 20-25% tip for my server....they are that goo.dSpecial Features:
- surprised to be disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/3/2014Kyma has been one of our favorites for several years; we go there 3-4 times per year. it had been several months since our last visit. we were a bit taken aback by the higher prices across the board. there were no reasonable price main courses so we stuck with the small plates. then, to make matters worse, one of our choices, the mussels, was sold out, even though it was barely 7 pm. Our server was in attentive, bored looking, and uninformative. what we ate was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- VeracatDined on 8/3/2014love the small plate menu, liked very much the beets, large prawns were great, had to have the grape leaves, dill sauce was wonderful like Kyma for early Sunday Dinner, great end to the weekendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014Food was excellent. Seasoned very well and delicious. Nice atmosphere. Server was attentive, but not overly. Ahi tuna was wonderful. Filet was cooked exactly as ordered and tasty. Wonderful variety of tastes when you are ready for something a little different! Menu was a little confusing - different from the ordinary. Not large portions.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/1/2014The bar service is first class, the food is excellent and the service is friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Food was good; service is slowOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/1/2014We have dined at Kyma several times. It seems without fail, that the service is slow. We have even gone to the extent to ordering everything at once, but it still seems that there is a lag in service. The food is good, but be prepared to wait.
- still the bestvanilla33VIPDined on 7/31/2014we believe this is the best of Buckhead group. the food service, value are always great. we have been here many times, and never had a bad meal. will be back soon. you can make a different meal by just getting a bunch of small plates, if you like to sample lots of things.Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodFoodFanVIPDined on 7/30/2014Just a great meal at Kyma. Some of the best apps I've had (grilled oysters, mussels, grilled octopus).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingatlfoodandfunVIPDined on 7/30/2014My wife and I went to Kyma for the first time last night and it was wonderful. The food was fantastic, we did a tasting menu (without the whole fish) and ha a dessert tasting as well. Needless to say, we walked out of the restaurant full and happy. The waitress recommended an excellent Greek white to go with our meal, and I cannot say enough good things about our experience. We will definitely return to Kyma.Special Features:
- Greek Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014We were celebrating my husband's birthday. Our first time at an authentic greek restaurant. The spinach feta wraps were delicious! The octopus was surprisingly tasty, we would order it again. And how can you go wrong with fried squash and zucchini. My husband also ordered a greek beer which was actually pretty good as well. We were so full after our sea bass that we could not order dessert, but they brought us a small baklava with pistachio ice cream and Happy Birthday written in chocolate on the plate. Our server was very knowledgeable about the dishes and gave personal suggestions on ordering. We look forward to visiting Kyma again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.