Kyma - Atlanta
3085 Piedmont Rd.
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Kyma - Atlanta
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/kyma/
- Phone: 4042620702x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Pano I. Karatassos
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Kyma is available for private lunch events daily and private dinner events on Sundays. The club room is available for semi-private dinners for up to 40 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Nicholas Sousounis 4042620702x
A word from Kyma - Atlanta
Kyma is a contemporary Greek seafood tavern like no other. The cuisine is inventive yet approachable that is true to its Mediterranean origin. Kyma is dramatic, with a dazzling display of constellations on the deep blue ceiling, white marble columns and a bold fresh fish display. The welcoming patio, with its plush furniture and white linen curtains, offers the ideal setting to savor a glass of Greek wine and Kyma’s array of appetizers. Fresh, healthful food, attentive Greek hospitality and festive atmosphere await at Kyma. Proper dress is required. “A true labor of love. Bravo.” -The Atlanta Journal-ConstitutionContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kyma - Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
383 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (244)special occasion (236)romantic (150)neighborhood gem (85)notable wine list (84)good for groups (70)hot spot (46)vibrant bar scene (39)great for outdoor dining (21)kid-friendly (15)great for lunch (14)late-night find (10)great for brunch (8)scenic view (3)Show More
- service is greatseanVIPDined on 9/29/2014James is great and knows the menu well. He made great recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerAmiramomDined on 9/28/2014My husband and I chose Kyma for our anniversary dinner. We were not disappointed. The food was outstanding and so was the service. We will definitely come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busienss DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014Was able to hear each other speak easily. Service staff not intrusive and professional. Greek food was much better than expected. I wanted my Asian guest to experience the many Greek appetizers; well done Kyma. Example: Dolmades are normally from a can in most Greek restaurants, but these appear made on site and exceptionally well flavored. Same can be said of the Spanokopita, fresh in taste with excellent balance with the cheese & spinach. The Octopus was soft and melted in your mouth, not chewy or rubbery. The Saganaki was well prepared without the showiness of lighting brandy on fire and everyone screaming Opa. The fresh sea bass was prepared perfectly and the capiers were an excellent touch. Fish was well filleted with minimal bones.Special Features:
- Always a treatBillybobDined on 9/28/2014This is a great place to order several appetizers instead of an entree and be fully satiated and satisfied. The mussels, octopus and eggplant dishes were quite good. The snapper special was good, but not as good as the fish dishes at The Fishmarket.
- Great place.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014My wife and I went for her birthday. It was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food againFredLDined on 9/26/2014Although part of our order got messed up, what we got was excellent and we enjoyed our variety of appetizers. Fun and interesting place to go.Special Features:
- Memorable eveningmidtownerVIPDined on 9/26/2014Having difficulty deciding what to order we selected the option of the pita with 4 different spreads and 5 mezze dishes. Wow! From the amazingly tender and flavorful octopus, the spicy lamb in phyllo and the beautiful plump mussels in a sauce laced with feta, we feasted. These were our favorite choices although the calamari and the tomato salad were good also. Excellent wine choices were available as well as several wine specials. The molten chocolate lava cake was delicious. A happy and memorable ending to Buckhead Life's Summer Dine Around Program. And finally, thanks to our delightful and charming server Sarah who offered great advice and impeccable service.Special Features:
- Greek DelightLynchpinVIPDined on 9/26/2014Kyma is consistent. The food is authentic Greek - rich in flavor and aroma of the Greek isles. Service is friendly, informative, and attentive. We always are fully satisfied. Kyma is one our regular stops in Buckhead.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/23/2014We really liked the food and the ambiance. The restaurant is beautiful but I found the chairs to be uncomfortable. Service is average. We had a reservation but still had to wait 40 minutes. We waited at the bar and at any point in time snacks or even water was offered to us. Other than that the food was great and prices are reasonable for the food quality. We were disappointed with the service but the food made it worth.Special Features:
- Great dessertsScooterDined on 9/23/2014All the food is very good but save room for dessert! They are spectacular!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Seafood and ExperienceSouthernmommaDined on 9/22/2014We decided to try something new for our Anniversary dinner. The wait staff at Kyma was impeccable The food was good - for those who enjoy seafood and small plates, this is a fun option. We tried their Meze dining option and ordered 5 different small plates and the spreads sampler. The Eggplant and the Roasted Red Pepper spreads were amazing! The potato spread left much to be desired and we all but left it on the plate. Nice, smooth and thick tzatziki spread as well. We went with our server suggestions: Grilled Octopus, Calamari, Prawns, Spicy Lamb Pie, and Greek Fries. Everything was cooked perfectly and nicely plated. In the future, I would pass on the bland Octopus and boring fries for another Lamb Pie - that was incredible.Special Features:
- Octopus was a Little OffEricVIPDined on 9/21/2014The eggplant was delicious as well, but the Octopus wasnt cooked well on this visit. Hopefully just a bad night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A dining experience to remember!RosereveiwsDined on 9/21/2014We were warmly greeted and taken to a fabulous table as we requested on our reservations. Miglena was our server and she was WONDERFUL. Our food was exceptional. We had the Meze's, appetizer (grilled octopus), and whole fish (monk fish). WOW! The food was out of this world and so was the service We felt so special even though it had been several years. Miglena even reminded us how long it had been. She felt like a friend by the time we finished our wonderful dining experience. Well felt pampered and we left with delightfully full tummies and smiles on our face. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great FoodPhilPittDined on 9/21/2014Lot's of great appetizers. Not your average offerings. Beet salad was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experienceGrelaVIPDined on 9/21/2014The food was delicious! The entire staff from front desk to Manager was welcoming, friendly and very knowledgeable. Service was very slow but other then that everything was superb!Special Features:
- PriceyDinersRUsVIPDined on 9/21/2014We were surprised by the Sunday menu which apparently features small portions ("appetizers"), whole fish, and grilled meats. We had expected entree options that we have enjoyed in the past. We found the "appetizer" options to be very pricey. The menu and our server recommended 5-6 "appetizers" for a couple to share, but we found this to be more food than we needed. The food was tasty, but we didn't enjoy the meal as much as we have in the past.
- Amazing MealpinkfloydVIPDined on 9/19/2014Kyma has always been a very solid experience and most of the time we order the Meze tasting menu as it offers a varied combinations of excellent items. This time though we wanted something a little different... Cory, our waiter and Nick the manager helped us create a menu that was truly amazing with all the flavors that were fresh and unusual and portions that were sufficient to share. Pano was "testing" a new spit out back with a de-boned lamb rolled up on it. We were the 1st to try it and it was absolutely fantastic. Pano made sure to check up on us to get our opinion of the lamb. It was great to see him check up on the guests to see how they liked something new. Great experience!Special Features:
- PLEASE go easy on the vinegar!!!gailz333VIPDined on 9/18/2014This was our fourth time eating at Kyma. The last two times were pretty good, the first and last time were alright. The food tends to be on the vinegary side; the salad, the fish dressing...and why so many capers.....that's just more vinegar! The sauce we received with the cod fritters was tasteless. The cod fritters and zucchini fritters could otherwise be named cod fritter marshmellows and zucchini fritter marshmallows. Food is at it's best closest to it's natural form, that's all I'm saying. No one beats the fried zucchini from Maggiano's Little Italy. The fish, Lavraki, was cooked a tad too much. The best menu item by far was the grilled octopus. It was tasty and tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLeloDined on 9/18/2014Great food and presentation. Moderate noise level so you can carry on a conversation without yelling like some places. Ordering multiple small plates or appetizers is sufficient for us and many lighter eaters. Great place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique & interesting foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/17/2014There is no other spot in town with such a delicious Mediterranean menu. We tried the "Tasting" Menu that included the Dover Sole. Everything we ordered was very good but the Octopus(excellent) & the Lamb Pie we the best of the small plates. The Dover Sole is always wonderful. Great Spot!!Special Features:
- Disappointed in the foodPeachyVIPDined on 9/15/2014We had heard such raving reviews about Kyma that we had to try it, but were disappointed in the food for the price of our meal.Special Features:
- PatioOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014We loved the patio atmosphere and being able to eat while sitting on a couch.Special Features:
- Excellent food !!AmyfoodaddictDined on 9/13/2014We were there for the celebration of vegetarian week and food was delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014As always, the food at Kyma was outstanding. We really enjoy eating family style off the Meze menu. Great for a group celebrating a special occasion. However the last two times we have dined here the service was lacking. This most recent trip it was particularly poor in terms of service. The table we were given was uneven and caused a number of spills.The wait staff spilled things and didn't even acknowledge it. The lamb chops we ordered didn't come out until 30 minutes after our dinner. We were told the lamb chops would be removed from the bill and then they were not removed. All in all a pretty dissappointing experience at a restaurant we have enjoyed in the past. For a meal this pricey the service should have been far better.Special Features:
- Yummy! Flavorful! Delicious!ShannonPaulDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I had a wonderful dinner at Kyma and will definitely be returning. It's a Greek restaurant and their menu is primary fish. Delicious fish. We had scallops and ahi tuna for starters. I had the Arctic Char fish dish and my husband had lamb chops. All was seasoned and flavored to perfection. It was a truly tasty delicious meal. You won't be disappointed...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Kyma!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Lots of vegan and vegetarian choices, and the app taster was a great choice to try many different things.Special Features:
- Authentic Greek CuisineHungryStigDined on 9/12/2014From tight adherence to the reservation (no wait), to the attentive service and delectable dishes, Kyma didn't disappoint. This is my second visit and both my girlfriend and I were pleased with the appetizers (spanikopita, cod fritters) main dishes (prawns and lamb chops), and the desert dishes (flour less chocolate cake and Greek doughnuts). I think the $30/person estimate is inaccurate, but the evening was worth the money and the staff was impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a kid friendly environmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Veni Vidi Vici was much better at customer service to my twin grandchildren. Kyma could take a few lessons from them. Am trying to teach my pre-school grandchildren to appreciate and become comfortable in a restaurant environment. It did not feel welcoming here. Children had to wait for food and no bread plate/munchie was offered to quell their appetite until their mean arrived. The waitress told me that kale came with my dinner, and when I said I wanted the greek fried instead, she charged me $7.00 instead of including them as a part of my meal. A disappointing experience.Special Features:
- Greek husband says best Greek food!Exercise2EatVIPDined on 9/11/2014We came here to celebrate our 10 year anniversary since we were married in Greece 10 yrs prior and we were visiting Atlanta for a getaway long weekend sans kids! We wanted to order all the meze appetizers and had a hard time narrowing our choices, but the server offered us 1/2 portions of some of them so we could try more! Grilled octopus was the best! But everything we tried was delicious... Htipiti spread, calamari, tomato salad. was very good and my husband had the lamb chops which he said was perfect. We were too full for dessert, but the server gave us tasting portions of the yogurt, honey and walnuts to round out our meal. Perfect, attentive, generous. Couldn't have asked for a better experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is not only fishRobertDined on 9/11/2014Last time we were not quite impresses by their fish. This time we changed. Lamb in all form was pretty good!Special Features:
- ExcellentHungryGirlVIPDined on 9/11/2014The food, service and drinks are all excellent. I love their vegan/vegetarian menu. I've been here multiple times and have never had anything that I didn't love. The bean stew, spanakopita and haricot varts are all awesome appetizers. Service is always on point. One of my favorite restaurants in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StellarBillyDined on 9/10/2014Time and time again Kyma is our place that NEVER disappoints. Great experience, great food, great staff!Special Features:
- DelishPepperDined on 9/8/2014First time at Kyma and I was pleasantly surprised. The menu looked complicated but he waitstaff did an excellent job offering advise. We had the artic char which is the beast fish I have ever had, all the side dishes were great watermelon and feta salad YUM, eggplant and onions YUM. All around great meal. I would dine their againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at KymaShaeDined on 9/7/2014The fish had too many bones, the wine was good and the spanokopita was ok.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/7/2014We have eaten here several times and usually get a variety of appetizers. THis time we were able to do the tasting menu and really enjoyed being able to have little bits of several things. The appetizers were served in very visually appealing presentations and everything was delicious. Food has gotten pricier over the couple years we've been coming, it would be too much if we didn't have the discount card from our summer dine around programSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedsashamDined on 9/7/2014We were very disappointed in Kyma. While the ahi tuna was wonderful, the filet mignon was marginal. The Greek doughnuts had little flavor beyond the honey topping. A restaurant this expensive should have exceptionally good food. Kyma didn't.
- Girls' Night OutCLKayDined on 9/7/2014We loved the appetizers and (Sunday night) small-plate grill specials. Ordered the lamb chops, prawns and a lot of appetizers and enjoyed tasting and sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the whole grilled fish!KateauDined on 9/7/2014Even when there are appealing specials available, the grilled fish (I had royal dorade on my last visit) is hard to pass up. The fish is always very fresh and perfectly cooked.Special Features:
- They made good on the delays....OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/7/2014We brought another couple to Kyma as it is one of our favorites and had a less impressive experience than usual. First one of them ordered a special as his entre and all of the other food was brought out except for that. Finally it came and when I asked him how it was, he replied "It's ok". Then we ordered 2 desserts between the 4 of us & waited a really long time for rice pudding and donuts. We were chatting and nobody timed it, but it was no longer "fun". Then the other person in the couple didn't really care for the donuts! How embarrassing as we rave about this restaurant!! Luckily our server went ahead and took the special and the desserts off the bill at no such request from us which helped to support our high opinion of Kyma.Special Features:
- Great TapasFoodieVIPDined on 9/7/2014We went on a Sunday for the tapas and it did not disappoint. The food was delicious as always.Special Features: