1446 Old Northern Blvd.
Roslyn, NY 11576Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 5166213700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm,
Monday - Wednesday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm,
Thursday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Kyma
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreek
Kyma - Best Restaurants in Roslyn ›
Kyma reviews from OpenTable diners
214 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (120)hot spot (103)fit for foodies (103)neighborhood gem (98)vibrant bar scene (94)great for outdoor dining (81)good for groups (76)romantic (46)great for lunch (41)notable wine list (26)late-night find (18)great for brunch (15)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- PickycriticPickycriticDined on 9/17/2014I've been to this restaurant many times and I keep coming back without hesitation. The food is tremendous and authentic and there is always something new on the menu. it's one of the few places on Long Island we're sitting outside is a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentjoyfulVIPDined on 9/16/2014Each time we go it is always a special treat. Bronco/server had a special cocktail made........... Chris/chef personally made sure we were pleased All in all it was a most enjoyable afternoonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A touch of Greece on Long IslandOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Kyma has become a favorite restaurant of our family that combines a lovely decor with delicious, inventive food. The wait staff is professional; reservations are honored without a wait; and the hostesses are welcoming. My most recent visit was a birthday lunch with a friend and tho' we lingered, we never felt rushed. All in all, a treat for the senses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was terribleBLEVYDined on 9/13/2014Hard to find our waiter when wanted more water, another round of drinks, and then our main course came out as they were cleaning away the plates from our appetizers - not what you would expect in this type of restaurant.Special Features:
- greek chicpuckyVIPDined on 9/12/2014Great food.Have had lamb chops each of three visits.great salads.a new favoriteSpecial Features:
- Euro styleJojoDined on 9/10/2014It was out anniversary we were treated like ROCK STARS! love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsKimster28VIPDined on 9/10/2014Kyma's food is excellent. We had the stuffed squid with feta not too salty delicious . The infused vodka with pineapple is so smooth going down. The Greek salad and dressing is perfect. Mussels are large , sweet and clean. All this yummy food does not come cheap. Don't plan on going if you want to spend less the 75 a head.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!KathyVIPDined on 9/10/2014My favorite! An outstanding prix fix lunch. Lovely, friendly and attentive staff. The food is absolutely fabulous. Fresh fish cooked to perfection. The meatball appetizer is heavenly. Great cocktails such as the white sangria. Vibrant at night. Calmer by day. I love you Kyma!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/8/2014Have returned a few times. Food just not good this night.
- great!wmw322VIPDined on 9/8/2014We celebrated a friend and we're treated like royalty. Jenna was an amazing and gracious hostess. The food was wonderful. Greek salad so fresh and crisp. Crab cakes were perfect. Grilled octopus was well prepared as was the chicken. Great wine by the glass and superb cosmo. No problems with parking. High kudos!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversery dinnerfloresvmDined on 9/8/2014was there for anniversary dinner, went great. would definitely return with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousStonehillVIPDined on 9/6/2014Food was delicious. So fresh. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Foodroslyn2014Dined on 9/5/2014Good Food for a local place. The bar scene was very loud, so we choose to sit outside to have some quiteness. The hostess was very gracious, service was good.Special Features:
- Kyma reviewFoodloverVIPDined on 9/5/2014This was the third time we ate at Kyma - each time with different family or friends. On all occasions the food, service and atmosphere have been great. I had the whole bronzino and it was excellent. My son ordered the tuna special and he said it was the best he ever had. In fact everything he and his wife ordered they said was excellent. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- kathybouDined on 9/5/2014I love this restaurant. It has terrific food, excellent service, and a feeling of fun! great staff, too, and good wine list. Have dined there many times, and plan to return as often as possible.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 9/2/2014We had a wonderful time celebrating my husband's 50th birthday. Our waiter, George, was outstanding. He knew the menu and food preparation very well and also was very knowledgeable about pairing wines. A wonderfully delicious dinner with too many great choices! We will be back!!Special Features:
- Noisey Noisey.MarcoVIPDined on 8/29/2014This once beautiful restaurant needs a cleaning and refurbishment. The furniture is chipped and the cushions are filthy. There is so much noise that you have a problem hearing the person next to you. It is unbearable if you aren't drunk. The food is good but the portions have shrunk to a point that it is rediculously expensive for what you get. The service is very polite but lacking in follow through. You have to ask twice for more water.
- It's like your in GreeceCharlieVIPDined on 8/26/2014I first went to KYMA about a week ago and I was totally blown away by this beautiful restaurants decor ...you actually feel like your in Myknos Greece. From the ambiance and outstanding food and great wait staff this is the place for authentic Greek food prepared with class and style...It was so good I was back 2 days later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kyma, great food, great all aroundTTGGDined on 8/25/2014I really have nothing negative to say about this restaurant except it's a bit expensive...BUT it's worth it! The staff is amazing, the food is delicious and the atmosphere is calming, yet vibrant. I highly recommend Kyma!Special Features:
- ExcellentLuvetodineoutVIPDined on 8/24/2014Always a great meal at Kyma. Fish was fresh and delicious, service was great, one of our favorite spots.Special Features:
- Felt like the HamptonsJms942Dined on 8/23/2014Beautiful people, excellent service, delicious food and a warm summer ambiance -- felt like a night in the Hamptons!Special Features:
- Good food, mediocre serviceBdaygirlDined on 8/21/2014Great food and the ambiance is gorgeous. However, if you're looking for a place to relax and talk, this may not be the place. We went on a Thursday and it was incredibly loud and the bar scene was overflowing into the restaurant area, which was annoying at times. I made a reservation a week in advance and they made me wait 20 minutes before they would seat us - unacceptable! Not saying I won't go back (because the food is really great!) but maybe for lunch when it's a little more laid back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Med comes to Roslyn VillageKathiDined on 8/21/2014A friend and I had dinner at Kyma last week, and it was wonderful. The space is clean and fresh, with a Mediterranean vibe. The staff are professional, efficient and friendly, and the food is terrific. We had "front row" seats in the bar area, which made it easy to watch the crowds, almost making the evening a total "dinner and show" experience. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek Speakin' in their Food!elsieADined on 8/21/2014What a wonderful dinner experience we had. All you had to do is make reservation and be on time to get seated and let Vincent the most wonderful and attentive waiter I've ever encounter, serve you towards a great dinning experience. He very polite, respectful. He is very knowledgable about their selection of food and wines , if your are a healthy freak, let him take care of you and the food will be speakin' GREEK to you during the course in a good way ;-) ! DO NOT MISS the dessert "EKMEK" : when Vincent said, "it is not a dessert, it is an experience". It was indeed an honest recommendation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and atmosphere A+++StuidobDined on 8/19/2014The food at Kyma never disappoints. Kyma Chips are a favorite. The only negative is the valet parking - avoid it and park around the block. Your friends will still be waiting for their cars as you drive by. I've been there 3 times and the valet parking is a huge problem.Special Features:
- PerfectMariaTDined on 8/15/2014This was my second time going. First time I went was late night with friends and this time earlier for lunch with my kids. Both times I was impressed with both the impeccable service and the AMAZING food. If you haven't gone to Kyma yet you must go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good was good. Service not so much.MR228Dined on 8/14/2014Great place for cocktails and food. All was good until the valet service lost our car for 30 minutes. According to one of the managers, "it happens all the time." Not what I was expecting to hear.Special Features:
- Wexcil70VIPDined on 8/14/2014Food was excellent. Drinks were expensive (Manhattan prices)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- miniVIPDined on 8/13/2014the atmosphere is lovely. the service was excellent. my main issue is that the menus were filthy. although, i know that many people are using the menus, its more awfully disturbing when they look and feel dirty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kymalunch1Dined on 8/13/2014continues to impress. Great ambiance and great food. The décor makes one feel serene. My friends always want to come back here.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentcathylovesfoodVIPDined on 8/12/2014We have dined here many times, and our experiences have been consistently excellent in every respect. The fish is the best...fresh, prepared well and delicious. Service is always extremely efficient and personable.
- mikesDined on 8/11/2014What can I say - Place is awesome - great food - great drinks - great service - great ambiance - reasonable pricesSpecial Features:
- maxiDined on 8/11/2014The service was fast and friendly but we were there on a Monday night don't know what it is like on a busy Sat. I had a whole pink snapper that was excellent but my husband was not thrilled with the steak he had. I would definitely go there again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food average and service awfulEricaDined on 8/10/2014Came to celebrate my mother's birthday. Waiter spilled my mother's wine and did not offer a new one. There was a fly in my wine. We had to go to the manager for this because the waiter did not return. We debated leaving but decided to stay. We had to ask a passing waitress for pepper on our salads, she immediately brought fresh pepper. Our waiter then threw salt and pepper shakers on the table and walked away. Everybody's fish (swordfish kebab and whole fish special that night) was overcooked and dry. We passed on dessert, and the waiter then awkwardly brought out a complimentary plate with a candle for my mother. We just got the check and left. I will never return and would not recommend this place. If anything, I recommend you stay away.
- LMS3Dined on 8/8/2014The restaurant decor and menu was fabulous. Took me straight back to Greece. We will definitely return to Kyma!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/6/2014Always enjoy dinner at Kyma...food and service are always great and delish. The Noise Level, however, is just too loud...so you either have to sit outside in nice weather or come very early or very late. It's a shame because the whole point of meeting friends for dinner is to be able to have "conversation" not a screaming match.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedmyopinDined on 8/5/2014We were celebrating our friends' 50th Anniversary and when I booked the restaurant I mentioned this and requested a candle on a dessert. When I received the call to confirm the reservation, I reiterated my request for a candle on a dessert and was assured it was noted and would be taken care of. When dessert was brought out, the waiter said Happy Birthday and then continued to sing Happy Birthday. I was very embarrassed and disappointed. We wanted this to be a very special evening for our friends and this really spoiled the event.Special Features:
- Beyond anything ever in RoslynGourmantVIPDined on 8/5/2014We've been to Kyma many times and each time it gets better. Tho the clientele sometimes has attitude, the management and waitstaff are incredibly patient, friendly, accommodating and informed about the menu and the chef is superb. We all ordered the Branzino, cooked to perfection. Salads are delicious as is the array of desserts. While I love the food, it's the staff and ambiance that brings me back. It's a vacation... In the Hamptons without the traffic.Special Features:
- First of Many TimesJerryDined on 8/3/2014My wife and I have been dining at Periyali in NYC for many years. Except for a brief time that a sister restaurant resided in Great Neck, Long Island has been devoid of a really good Greek restaurant. We're pleased to report that Kyma may be even better than Periyali, not that one needs to choose. Everything is right about this fantastic establishment. Our five star rating says it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night spot!greensheDined on 8/1/2014Loved the ambience, food, service! We would definitely go back and recommend to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.