1446 Old Northern Blvd.
Roslyn, NY 11576Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 5166213700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm,
Monday - Wednesday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm,
Thursday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Kyma
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreek
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Kyma - Best Restaurants in Roslyn ›
Kyma reviews from OpenTable diners
210 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (113)hot spot (100)fit for foodies (96)vibrant bar scene (94)neighborhood gem (89)great for outdoor dining (71)good for groups (66)romantic (47)great for lunch (42)notable wine list (21)late-night find (16)great for brunch (15)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- Noisey Noisey.MarcoVIPDined on 8/29/2014This once beautiful restaurant needs a cleaning and refurbishment. The furniture is chipped and the cushions are filthy. There is so much noise that you have a problem hearing the person next to you. It is unbearable if you aren't drunk. The food is good but the portions have shrunk to a point that it is rediculously expensive for what you get. The service is very polite but lacking in follow through. You have to ask twice for more water.
- It's like your in GreeceCharlieVIPDined on 8/26/2014I first went to KYMA about a week ago and I was totally blown away by this beautiful restaurants decor ...you actually feel like your in Myknos Greece. From the ambiance and outstanding food and great wait staff this is the place for authentic Greek food prepared with class and style...It was so good I was back 2 days later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kyma, great food, great all aroundTTGGDined on 8/25/2014I really have nothing negative to say about this restaurant except it's a bit expensive...BUT it's worth it! The staff is amazing, the food is delicious and the atmosphere is calming, yet vibrant. I highly recommend Kyma!Special Features:
- ExcellentLuvetodineoutVIPDined on 8/24/2014Always a great meal at Kyma. Fish was fresh and delicious, service was great, one of our favorite spots.Special Features:
- Felt like the HamptonsJms942Dined on 8/23/2014Beautiful people, excellent service, delicious food and a warm summer ambiance -- felt like a night in the Hamptons!Special Features:
- Good food, mediocre serviceBdaygirlDined on 8/21/2014Great food and the ambiance is gorgeous. However, if you're looking for a place to relax and talk, this may not be the place. We went on a Thursday and it was incredibly loud and the bar scene was overflowing into the restaurant area, which was annoying at times. I made a reservation a week in advance and they made me wait 20 minutes before they would seat us - unacceptable! Not saying I won't go back (because the food is really great!) but maybe for lunch when it's a little more laid back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Med comes to Roslyn VillageKathiDined on 8/21/2014A friend and I had dinner at Kyma last week, and it was wonderful. The space is clean and fresh, with a Mediterranean vibe. The staff are professional, efficient and friendly, and the food is terrific. We had "front row" seats in the bar area, which made it easy to watch the crowds, almost making the evening a total "dinner and show" experience. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek Speakin' in their Food!elsieADined on 8/21/2014What a wonderful dinner experience we had. All you had to do is make reservation and be on time to get seated and let Vincent the most wonderful and attentive waiter I've ever encounter, serve you towards a great dinning experience. He very polite, respectful. He is very knowledgable about their selection of food and wines , if your are a healthy freak, let him take care of you and the food will be speakin' GREEK to you during the course in a good way ;-) ! DO NOT MISS the dessert "EKMEK" : when Vincent said, "it is not a dessert, it is an experience". It was indeed an honest recommendation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and atmosphere A+++StuidobDined on 8/19/2014The food at Kyma never disappoints. Kyma Chips are a favorite. The only negative is the valet parking - avoid it and park around the block. Your friends will still be waiting for their cars as you drive by. I've been there 3 times and the valet parking is a huge problem.Special Features:
- PerfectMariaTDined on 8/15/2014This was my second time going. First time I went was late night with friends and this time earlier for lunch with my kids. Both times I was impressed with both the impeccable service and the AMAZING food. If you haven't gone to Kyma yet you must go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good was good. Service not so much.MR228Dined on 8/14/2014Great place for cocktails and food. All was good until the valet service lost our car for 30 minutes. According to one of the managers, "it happens all the time." Not what I was expecting to hear.Special Features:
- Wexcil70VIPDined on 8/14/2014Food was excellent. Drinks were expensive (Manhattan prices)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- miniVIPDined on 8/13/2014the atmosphere is lovely. the service was excellent. my main issue is that the menus were filthy. although, i know that many people are using the menus, its more awfully disturbing when they look and feel dirty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kymalunch1Dined on 8/13/2014continues to impress. Great ambiance and great food. The décor makes one feel serene. My friends always want to come back here.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentcathylovesfoodVIPDined on 8/12/2014We have dined here many times, and our experiences have been consistently excellent in every respect. The fish is the best...fresh, prepared well and delicious. Service is always extremely efficient and personable.
- mikesDined on 8/11/2014What can I say - Place is awesome - great food - great drinks - great service - great ambiance - reasonable pricesSpecial Features:
- maxiDined on 8/11/2014The service was fast and friendly but we were there on a Monday night don't know what it is like on a busy Sat. I had a whole pink snapper that was excellent but my husband was not thrilled with the steak he had. I would definitely go there again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food average and service awfulEricaDined on 8/10/2014Came to celebrate my mother's birthday. Waiter spilled my mother's wine and did not offer a new one. There was a fly in my wine. We had to go to the manager for this because the waiter did not return. We debated leaving but decided to stay. We had to ask a passing waitress for pepper on our salads, she immediately brought fresh pepper. Our waiter then threw salt and pepper shakers on the table and walked away. Everybody's fish (swordfish kebab and whole fish special that night) was overcooked and dry. We passed on dessert, and the waiter then awkwardly brought out a complimentary plate with a candle for my mother. We just got the check and left. I will never return and would not recommend this place. If anything, I recommend you stay away.
- LMS3Dined on 8/8/2014The restaurant decor and menu was fabulous. Took me straight back to Greece. We will definitely return to Kyma!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/6/2014Always enjoy dinner at Kyma...food and service are always great and delish. The Noise Level, however, is just too loud...so you either have to sit outside in nice weather or come very early or very late. It's a shame because the whole point of meeting friends for dinner is to be able to have "conversation" not a screaming match.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedmyopinDined on 8/5/2014We were celebrating our friends' 50th Anniversary and when I booked the restaurant I mentioned this and requested a candle on a dessert. When I received the call to confirm the reservation, I reiterated my request for a candle on a dessert and was assured it was noted and would be taken care of. When dessert was brought out, the waiter said Happy Birthday and then continued to sing Happy Birthday. I was very embarrassed and disappointed. We wanted this to be a very special evening for our friends and this really spoiled the event.Special Features:
- Beyond anything ever in RoslynGourmantVIPDined on 8/5/2014We've been to Kyma many times and each time it gets better. Tho the clientele sometimes has attitude, the management and waitstaff are incredibly patient, friendly, accommodating and informed about the menu and the chef is superb. We all ordered the Branzino, cooked to perfection. Salads are delicious as is the array of desserts. While I love the food, it's the staff and ambiance that brings me back. It's a vacation... In the Hamptons without the traffic.Special Features:
- First of Many TimesJerryDined on 8/3/2014My wife and I have been dining at Periyali in NYC for many years. Except for a brief time that a sister restaurant resided in Great Neck, Long Island has been devoid of a really good Greek restaurant. We're pleased to report that Kyma may be even better than Periyali, not that one needs to choose. Everything is right about this fantastic establishment. Our five star rating says it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night spot!greensheDined on 8/1/2014Loved the ambience, food, service! We would definitely go back and recommend to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time this weekwmw322VIPDined on 8/1/2014Excellent mussels, Salmon, salads, wine. NEVER disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kyma is kingFoodnutDined on 7/31/2014Whitewashed interior reminiscent of greece. Banquette was very comfortable. Had great back support. Food was amazing. I had the octopus appetizer and branzino entree. Both so tender and moist. They have one chicken dish and a few meat dishes for landlubbers. My friend had the steak. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceFoodieforeverDined on 7/30/2014I was so satisfied with my experience, especially for my first time there. Although it was a big noisy, it was nothing too bad. Overall amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bobbyDined on 7/30/2014the best food in Roslyn and one of the best restaurants on Long IslandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic!wmw322VIPDined on 7/30/2014The eggplant tomato special is beyond noteworthy! Seemingly nothing to it yet it's everything and more then you'd expect. Gracious host always walking around the restaurant, greeting the tables, making connections between people and being sure you feel special and we'll taken care of. Management ever checks the valet situation pushing it along should there be a backup. Dining Al fresco is wonderful fun here. Don't pass on the Greek house white wine selection. You can't go wrong at Kyma. But please leave your children at home, enjoy a vibrant, grown up dining/ social evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good butZapcopdVIPDined on 7/26/2014I am alway amazed when a waiter takes everyone's order without writing anything down. Amazed until he gets the order wrong. Everything else was good. Didn't make a big deal out of it. I understand that things happen. Friends were more upset than I was because they were done by the time my correct order came. Very expensive. They should have at least thrown in my desert for the error but they didn't.
- Great time with friendsSpiroKVIPDined on 7/24/2014We went on Thursday night with a group of 8. From the time we arrived to the time we left everything was great. Service, food & atmosphere! Kyma knows how to do it right. We enjoyed our nite out Nd look forward to going soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/23/2014Consistently good! My new go-to place for a celebration. Any time I bring someone here, it's always a success. Love the spanakopita. Chicken kebabs were delicious. A few bones in the bronzino but always sweet. Terrific galaktoboureko. Feels like you're on a Greek island.Special Features:
- Sticking with MP TavernaDLPGDined on 7/22/2014The restaurant is beautifully decorated but the cushion bench seating can be sligtlty uncomfortable. You can ask for a table with regular chairs. This is good Greek food but ridiculously expensive when you have MP Taverna down the road where the food is slightly better, the atmosphere is much less stuffy, and if you want to eat outside there's a beautiful rooftop as opposed to being next to the valet parking. For some reason we had two waiters and it was sometimes hard to get either ones attention. Overall it's a nice place with good food but I think it's overrated.Special Features:
- LovetoeatVIPDined on 7/21/2014Expensive, but worth it. Restaurant is beautiful, food is delicious and generous portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WendydaphnesmomDined on 7/20/2014We have always enjoyed our visits to kyma. Good food, good service and beautiful to look atSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but noisyDickVIPDined on 7/20/2014The food is very good, salads excellent, fish especially well prepared, service is friendly and professional....Major problem is the noise level. A classy and comforting restaurant design is undermined by a structure that does nothing to muffle sound in dining room, making conversation problematic and an absence of any quiet romantic corners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing greek foodOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/19/2014As a Greek, I can honestly say the food was excellent, and I've eaten at most every greek restaurant around. Been there twice and not yet disappointed. The grilled octopus is a must. There are a number of great appetizers to choose from. Good fish selection for main. For Long Island, this is a find -- much, much better than its Roslyn competitor.Special Features:
- Greek food at its finestmelLDined on 7/19/2014Every time we go every is the the same.....just the way we want it to beSpecial Features:
- Great upscale Greek restaurantIcepukDined on 7/17/2014The ambiance of this restaurant reminds me of the white-washed rooftops and churches of Santorini: walls, furniture, floor, and even the throw pillows. Of course, ambiance wouldn't mean much, unless the food was great... and it was. Lastly, don't forget to bring your wallet...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2014Everything was great, The langostine special for 55 dollars was overpriced, Service was great except water was not refilled.I would recommend this to a friend.